All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
6006 East 31st Street, Kansas City, MO, 64129, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Bad amenities
    Dirty
    Uncomfortable
    Bad pool
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
"Don't stay here"
We arrived after our long drive from Tulsa Ok. to find out that the hotel was closed. No advanced notice, no nothing. We had to find a different hotel which was twice the price.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
Lauwana
"A No Go!"
Just not a great place to stay if you want to relax
2 night trip May 15, 2015
Tracy
"Priced accordingly"
For the price it was adequate. Did not spend any time there. Just needed a place to sleep for the night
1 night trip with friends Nov 30, 2014
"Would never stay again"
The lady at the front desk wasn't rude. She wasn't super nice either. You can tell where the walls have been maybe punched and very cheaply fixed. Around the air conditioner you could see outside. The bed was very comfortable. On the way out the door there was a bug on the floor. It was a very dirty hotel. I would never take my kids here. The pool was already closed for the season.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Horrible hotel!!!!"
This hotel was nothing like it was on the internet. We asked for non smoking rooms and got smoking rooms. And the floors were nasty. Had mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. Drawers were off of the cabinet between the beds with nails hanging out where someone could get hurt. Very dirty hotel. And the staff was very rude!!!!! We'd never go back.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Bad Area, Run down"
Refused to stay. Bad Area. Not what we were promised. Apparently security issues. Had to ring a door bell at 4pm just to get in. Rang the bell and nobody answered. Facilities run down. Was not even sure it was a Hotel. Black tape on cracked windows. Boarded up windows. Just an overall bad experience. Had to drive 45 miles just to find a room after the event we attended. Extra fuel and getting gouged at another hotel for not having a reservation on such a busy weekend. Not Happy at all.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"The pool was not even open"
The Hotel Was Very Poor It Smelled Really bad. It was not what me and my family were expecting at all
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Old, Sketchy Hotel"
This hotel needs updating very badly. It is out of date with awful decor. It didn't smell very good, as there was evidence of rampant drug use and a mustiness. The walls were covered in graffitti. The remote to the TV didn't work. It took us 2 different key cards to get into the room, and the door was hard to open and shut. It seemed clean enough, and there was no evidence of any bugs. The hotel staff were friendly.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Do NOT stay at this hotel"
This is the worst hotel I have ever seen. The pool has not and will not be open all year. The pictures on the internet of this hotel are NOT at all what the hotel is like.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"One Stop Stop for DRUGS, PROSTITUES & LODGING!"
The Aroowhead is a dump! Before I made it inside, I was asked if I wanted to buy some crack! (first sign I was in the wrong hotel). The room was already booked through Expedia or I would have turned around right there! It's always a bad sign when the hotel (motel) offers weekly rates! The parking lot and building exterior was in delapidated condition as was the inside of the lobby. There were hand-made signs outside that said "No Loitering", "No Drugs" >Inside more signs: "we call the police for domestic violence and Drug Dealing". Oh my god! There were several people hanging around in the lobby. Don't know if they were guests of the facility or some homeless people (by the way they were dresses, I'm guessing homeless -A coupld were actually sleeping (or passed out) on the NASTY sofa. Nasty might be too good of word -The sofa was so nasty you couldn't even leave it on the curb (if you ever wanted to face your garbage man again!) -This should have been the second sign. Went to the front desk and presented reservation confirmation & was told that the phone lines were down so they could not process the reservation. I felt bad for the front desk clerk -She was obviously having a bad day but tried to accomodate us.She made a call to the proprietor who offerred no help and was making another call when I said we would try to find alternate accomadations... The Arrowhead Inn is a complete DUMP! DO NOT STAY HERE WITH YOUR FAMILY!
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Dan -DX Hydro
"Trash"
Hotel is trash looks like a run down project its ratchett ghetto n nasty n filthy n they won't give u ur money back needs to b torn down.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
It had a smell to it. Very disappointing, the pictures were not at all accurate.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Dont trust the pictures"
very run down facility. They advertise pictures of pristine rooms, pool etc. DO NOT BE FOOLED. The rooms are in very poor condition. Looks like a hotel you would see in a police investigation. The air quality in the rooms was very bad, it was difficult to adjust to the sour smell. I would not stay here again. they stated the pool was being renovated. However, unless they just took ownership of the facility, I suspect the pool will never be renovated since the easiest fixes have not been fixed. The woman at the counter was very pleasant. I have not been able to stop itching since my visit, and hope its just dry skin.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Yankees Fan
"Hotel should not be open."
Checked in gave the place a chance. After seeing the room we left. The Expedia information about this hotel was not accurate. DO NOT BOOK OR STAY AT THIS HOTEL! The wood on the out side is rotting. The wall paper in the rooms is coming off the walls. It is in an unsafe area. We were told to make sure and park our car where it could be seen on the security camera. "Pool closed for remodeling" does not look like it has been used in 10 years. There is no roof over the pool even though pictures show clean and description lists it as indoor pool. I do not mind staying in cheaper hotels but this building is used up.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Read Reviews
"Give em a try!!"
At first glance of the hotel, we were skeptical. This is an older hotel, but the rooms were quite nice. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff at the hotel was Aces! This is a small Mom and Pop place... Yes, it could use updating, but overall we were pleased.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
Lynne
didn't feel safe in parking lot
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"An embarrassment to hotels.com!"
I refused to stay at this property after arriving on site. It was a total dive, insomuch that I would not even get out of my car to enter the lobby. The parking lot and storefront were too poorly kept up to even want to enter the property.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
female business traveler
"Awful"
I was put into a room that did not have hot water. From there I was moved to a room with no water at all. Once I was finally moved into a room with both hot and cold water, I found a pair of dirty underwear beneath my bed. I asked for a refund for such awful conditions and was told that I was lucky I got a room at all and that because they were a mom and pop establishment that they did not do refunds.. Absolutely awful!
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
kc
"Horrible...."
Do not ever stay there. It looks like an abandoned building. People actually live there. We checked in and checked right back out...
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Frightening !!!"
Scary part of town,bad location,(people nice )but also no cameras in parking lot .
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Scariest Hotel in KC"
Dirty room Smoke/mold odor Unhelpful staff Sketchy neighborhood Thin walls Pictures online were not a true representation of the hotel Scary
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Disgusting and very unprofessional"
The hotel owner got into a dispute with a customer in the lobby. He acted VERY unprofessional. Hotel owner got Irate when the customer demand a refund because she seen a cockroach in her room and he only calmed down after the customer threatened to call the police. Rooms were filthy. Overall worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Bryan
"We ended up not staying, it was actually scarey!"
The hotel was dirty. Windows were covered with plywood. Doors were covered with plywood. We didn't stay. It was in a bad part of the city. We didn't feel safe. Pictures did not look like the real hotel.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Dawn
"Yikes"
The neighborhood was scary, the hotel eas scuzzy and the room may have been clean but the paint was dingy and everything just looked shabby. Didn't even use the shower as it looked scuzzy. The staff was courteous, but thakfully I had to get my luggage out of the car after chrcking in as she gave me a key for a room that was already occupied and caught her mistake before I had a run-in with who knows who at midnight. Never again.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Never Again"
Pictures portrayed this hotel a lot nicer than it actually was. This was a NASCAR race weekend in KC, so hotels were few and far between. If I had been able to cancel my reservation, I would have done it within minutes of first sight. My first impression was that this was a brothel house. There were very few vehicles in the parking lot and of the few, some were incapacitated.(on jacks and missing wheels) NOT a good sign! The building was in need of maintenance and repair. The pool, which was once inside an atrium, was minus the atrium and unusable. My mattress had problems! Get the point? These are not insults or exaggerations, they are just facts!
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Terry
"Motel"
Room was clean staff were friendly bed was uncomfortable
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"all over apparence"
The rooms smelled the cable for the TV was on the floor to trip over the rug in the hallway was wrinkled in a lot of spots holes in the ceiling pool was only open from 5 to 9 couldn't have guess after 10pm and it was over priced for the condition of the place would not recommend this to any one
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2013
"business/leisure"
negative experience. hotel location, staff cleaniness and everything was poor.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
vee
"Not a safe neighborhood,"
After we checked into our rooms, they we completely different i.e. 1 king (OK) 1 full bed (not OK) there was a doors leading out to the parking lot you could see light all the way around the door. We had asked for a chair, the hotel staff didn't know any thing about it (I had my reservation in hand it stated right on it) The parking lot was in terrible condition. There were a lot of people hanging out in the lobby. The A/C didn't work. Had to turn sideways to get into the bathroom. Bad lighting. They had a small frig but it was turned off.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Honey
"Did not stay because it was so bad..."
I got to my hotel and it was a horrible and dangerous neighborhood... lot of men out of the hotel after 11 pm and did not seem peaceful. Not a kid atmosphere... And it was sad that the stay was half price if I paid there directly. It was so ugly we decided to ride 5 hrs home after a very long and tired day. Lost my money and did not use the hotel. Not recommended at all! Not worth it and don't take the risk of being mugged.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Belem
"Don't stay at this place"
I booked this motel online through Expedia for my husband, son,and grandson for their stay while attending the Royals game. We all looked at the pictures posted through Expedia and decided while not luxurious it seemed clean and well kept and would serve their needs as they would spend most of the time swimming and going to the game. There was not even a sign for the property - the rooms were not clean and carpet was worn and soiled.The place was extremely run down and in the morning it appeared to be a shelter for children in need. My husband called and said that my granddaughter and myself would not have even went in to the desk let alone stay there!! They did stay as is was too late to find another place. They say the staff was nice and friendly. They saw no evidence of breakfast except for some sausage and biscuit sandwiches that were handed out to what looked like the children who had spent the night there. I cannot say how very much the guys were in this motel. They made the best of it but this motel is a far cry from anything advertised in the Expedia site.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"scary"
The actual place was run down but tollerable. The neighborhood however was very bad. We stayed there because it was close to the stadium. We took a cab to the game and our cab driver told us that the area we were in was rated #4 in the country for the highest murder rate. When we were trying to get a cab after the game 2 cab drivers told us they wouldn't go to that area. The 3rd cab driver told us to get out of there as quick as we could. Pretty nerve racking stay
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2013
kelli
"It was the worst place ever..dirty and trashy."
For $70.00 not worth it not at all what it shows and says on the internet is not true.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"My sister summed it up,"it was.somewhere to lay ou"
First, when I reserved my room I asked for a non-smoking room but when I got there I was told they didn't have any more non-smoking rooms and the only one they had was in the smoking section of the hotel. You smelled the smoke in the room. My niece refused to take a bath because there was a hole in the ceiling above the tub. There was nothing in the hotel like other hotels such as shampoo, soap or tissues. and only the plugs on the light fixture and the one the tv was pluged to worked.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"never again"
This place was gross and had a horrible odor.do not stay here
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2013
Janae
You can tell they are working to improve this hotel. Our room was clean and updated. Although outside and hallways need some work. The pool should be listed as outside(no roof over enclosure). Overall our stay worked out well and location was great for going to KC Royals game.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
"It was horrible, nasty, and scary they should be"
The pictures they have online look nothing like the actual hotel it was horrible so horrible we didnt even stay
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
kota

"The trap house"
This was a meth village don't ever book here !!! Peace of junk hotel
3 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Arrowhead Inn

"TERRIBLE"
05/27/15 Ashley19862015 Kansas
Terrible rooms, sketchy neighborhood..stated recently remodeled, I have no idea where it was recently remodeled at. Signs posted all over the place do not enter. Very disturbing when you feel like you should have your concealed carry gun loaded prior to entering hotel
"RUN!"
05/10/15 umno
Nothing was good about this place. No stars! Ok 1/2 star.nothing on website is true. Indoor pool is seasonal?! If this is your only choice, sleep in your vehicle. Good thing i didn't have to be here but to sleep and shower. Yes used shampoos and such were from other hotels!
"SCARY!!!!"
04/15/14 cherianngilmore Festus, Missouri
When we arrived, there we people moving out of the hotel with all their belongings packed into grocery carts. The person at the front desk then asked what we were being charged on booking.com I said I couldnt remember the exact amount. He then asked me to canceled my reservation with booking.com and give him my debit card so he could charge me a cheaper rate. As sketchy as that sounded it was probably the least scary thing about our 40 minute stay at this place. Our room was small and dark. No outlet in the bathroom and half used shampoo and condition bottles (another user had mentioned this and I thought they were joking) apparently this is common practice for the arrowhead inn. My husband and I stared at each other in disbelief. This is when I asked him to take me to the station for a drink (I am not above cheap hotels and airplane shots :)) because I thought perhaps I was overreacting and might feel less uneasy after a drink. At the gas station in which is barred up there are signs stating you cannot wear hoodies, masks, backpacks, etc. Obviously a bad neighborhood and they didnt even sell liquor. back to the hotel..once inside the odor of oranges became unbearable. They had sprayed something to either kill the stinch of the place or the bacteria growing in there. It was then I decided to leave and request a refund. They said no because I had left and come back and I could have told them the first time (when I had left to go to the gas station) that I didnt need a room. I explained that I did need a room but I was too uncomfortable to stay there. Sorry no refund. I hope they use my $50 for something other than that unbearable orange spray. STAY AWAY!!! When I booked another reviewer had said what do you people expect for $50? I agreed and booked (again not above cheap hotels) but this is completely unacceptable. We ended up staying at the Days Inn next to the airport. it was about 15 minutes away but completely worth it and it was only $49!! and it has a working indoor pool. Arrowhead states they have an indoor pool as well but I only saw a pic and told it was not working???