All hotels in Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
858 Broad St, Newark, NJ, 07102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A Gem"
It's clean, safe and connected to the prudential center. Its a bit pricey but it's worth it.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2015
Eriss
"Great place to stay if you're a couple"
Great place to stay. Friendly staff, decent rooms, AC worked well
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Tawa
We picked this location because we were going to an event at the Prudential Center. The hotel was super convenient and we felt safe walking to the venue (via the parking garage) even at midnight when the concert was over. Service was great. The room was comfortable. Would recommend the hotel and would stay here again if we come back for another event at the Prudential Center.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
"Courtyard Marriott Neward"
It was good for a couple of nights. I used it mostly because it was walking distance from Newark Penn Station, which can lead you to NYC easily. The girl at the front desk was also very nice!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"The GooD StAy"
I enjoyed my stay atbthis hotel.when arriving the front desk person greeted very well and was very polite,she explained everything that needed to be explained to me and my family...I went to the room and it was so clean and smelled very good the bed was very comfortable to sleep in they even had the pullout to where that would be comfortable for whomever to sleep on..it was near a lot of shops and had food stands on the corner in case you wanted something diffrent it is a great place to stay u use your key for everything which is a good thing for me if u ask me would I choose this hotel again yes I would o and its not too far from Penn station either....they call also to check and make sure that you are ok so yes again I would choose this hotel again..
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Joy
"Would stay here again"
We stayed here for 2 nights recently. Parking (with in/out privileges) was easy--around the corner in a public garage. There's a door connecting the garage with the hotel. Check in was fast and easy. Room was large, clean and comfortable. We were on the street side, and it was a bit noisy, but if you're on a busy street in a large city, you should expect that. They nearly literally roll up the sidewalks at 5 p.m. but there are several restaurants nearby--we enjoyed meals at Dinosaur BBQ, Mercato Tomato Pie, and Monk Room--all just a block or two away. Hotel is maybe a 10 or 15 minute walk to Newark Penn Station. I had neither especially positive nor especially negative interactions with staff members. If I need to visit Newark again, I will stay here.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"BAD LOCATION & NO RESTAURANT"
I read the reviews which described this hotel as well located in downtown where guests could easily walk and shop. This hotel is located in the ghetto. Shops had iron bars. Graffiti was rampant. There was only one restaurant in the hotel...an ersatz Starbucks. No place to go for dinner. I was afraid to venture outside the hotel to even wait for the hotel airport shuttle. Room was comfortable. Bathroom had errant hairs on the floor. Noise from the street kept me awake off and on all night.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Poor decison"
The parking and entrance process is flawed. Neither one are user friendly. Space near the entrance were always reserved for other events...guest parked on the 5th floor with hotel entrance on 2nd floor. Entrance from parking garage has no automation with a level of steps to walk up to front desk. Overall bad location for a midrange hotel, poor decision on my part for selecting.
3 night business trip May 15, 2015
Donaldson
"perfect stay for Eric Church concert"
went to a concert at Prudential Center location to venue was excellent location to Spanish restaurants was excellent staff was very nice hotel and room very clean also beds were very very comfortable would stay again
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"disappointed"
Never got my room deposit back
1 night trip Mar 27, 2015
kim
"nice hotel in downtown"
nice room, clean and fresh, Neighborhood not so great. Right next to arena. Parking garage attendant not the friendliest.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Austin
"Good quality!"
Relaxing!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Courtyard Marriott Newark"
Hotel was great. Room was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Convenient Location for Prudential Center"
I actually enjoyed my stay! The location was perfect. The hotel was visually appealing and clean. My only issue was with the person who checked me in and out. I believe it was the same person (Marielys?), she was neither mean nor nice. She seemed perturbed. I have a physical disability and walk with a cane and I was carrying a heavy bag. This was my first time really getting out and using my newly replaced hip so I was exhausted coming from The most northern part of Manhattan (Dyckman/200th Street). So when she gave me my room key, I placed it in my shirt pocket. She gruffly stated that I would need to use that key in the elevator. I told her I knew, but that I had enough to contend with. She begrudgingly assisted me to the elevator. Upon checking out, I asked for some type of receipt to show that my account was paid in full. She seemed irritated and said in a short manner, "Since you used a third party, you will have to deal with them!" She seemed angry that I used Expedia to obtain the room. With that said, I would definitely reserve a room at this hotel again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Pleasant and quiet"
Shower needs grab bars.
4 night trip Apr 9, 2015
"Nice time"
It was nice. close to Newark Penn Station.only 15_20 minutes to Madison Square Garden.had a great time.Would go back.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
tim
"Great for prudential center events."
The neighborhood doesn't have much appeal, but the location is great for events at the Prudential Center.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice, reasonably priced hotel near NYC"
We stayed here right after it opened and in continues to be fresh, modern and clean. The staff are very helpful and the overall experience was once again pleasant.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Barb
Very clean room, great gym with sanitary wipes for equipment.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Bruce
"Brief! Overnight. Comfortable"
Comfortable, clean. Great location in regards to arena!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Too much noise to sleep, choose elsewhere."
The Hotel facilities are clean and nice. However - the staff does their best but the hotel is very understaffed. My low rating is based on a particular incident during my stay. I was kept up the entire night but a large group of drunk people running through the halls and hopping from room to room until 6 am in the morning. I called the desk at 3:30 and 4:30, they indicated that this wasn't the first call about the disturbance and sent the guard up. However, despite multiple calls and trips, nothing happened and I was not able to get any sleep until I called back at 6 and requested a room change. Absolutely terrible stay. I don't expect much - just a good night's sleep but that was absolutely ruined during my stay here. I will not be back.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
Carolyn
"Courtyard Marriott"
I enjoyed my stay. My check-in was real smooth even though I arrived after 11pm.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Robin
"It's all good!"
Staff was wonderful!!!! Parking was tricky due to. NJ Devils game. Everyone parks in the same garage as hotel.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"no more stays"
I felt I was misled by the rates when the hotel was booked. There was no free parking and I was charged 20.00 more than I should have been. The parking was three floors up away from the hotel and the parking that was directly by the hotel was for the prudential center. I will not be staying again
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"parking sucks"
parking was awful and expensive
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
Marsha
"No complaints"
Aside from pricey overnight parking I have no complaints and would stay again.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
damien
"Nice close to Prudential Center."
Everything was excellent from the parking to the stay. The hotel and Prudential Center had a connection over pass. No driving. The hotel staff was AWSOME and the room was clean and very nice. Will stay again.. I went to Payless up the street from hotel.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Lakisha From CT
"Never Again"
I was truly disappointed that this Marriott had no amenities. I arrived and there was no bellman service, I was informed at check-In that there was a vending area (THE MARKET) for food on this level. When I inquired about room service I was informed that I could have some TAKE-OUT Menu's and they delivered. I have stayed at other Marriott Hotels and never experience a non service hotel. I could have stayed home and ordered Dominoes, Chinese, KFC. Who spends $200.00+ to carry their own luggage and plug quarters into a vending machine.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you Carolyn for taking the time to leave your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed by the hotel when you visited us. Typically, Courtyard Hotels do not have bellman service in most of their hotels. Also, we do have the Bistro for breakfast and dinner, however after hours take-out menus is the only option for our guests. While we do have The Market for snacks you do mention putting in quarters into a vending machine, however we do not have any vending machines in the hotel. I do apologize for any confusion. or miscommunication, but I thank you again for sharing your feedback so we can improve our hotel. Regards, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
1 night trip Mar 4, 2015
Carolyn
"Great stay for the prudential center."
was a great place to stay after going to the devils game. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is not the greatest but they have a joes crab shack right next door for some great food.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Perfect"
Everything was fantastic! My only issue was that the pillows were so unbeleivably soft that it was hard to sleep, but on the other hand the bed was fantastic. We were there for a Devils game and the arena was a minute walk through the parking garage. We will stay there every year that we come back!
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Christina
"Great experience"
Great.would definitely stay again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
Kabir
"Valentines's Day Stay 2015"
The stay was excellent, but the main entrance to the hotel did not have constant visible security. Groups of people would enter the elevator and piggy back access to floors from visitors card. "could you please press three, four etc." Overall everything was pretty decent, I do not believe that they served a free continental breakfast.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great stay for the money!"
Very good!
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"Went to a Devils game and stayed one night..."
The hotel is in a not so great section of Newark BUT it is right next door to the Prudential Center where the NJ Devils play hockey and there is an attached parking garage. That is the only reason we stayed there. Quick check in and out. Nice security at the hotel. Need your room key card to operate elevator beyond the lobby level. Only stayed one night. Walked into the room and sat on the bed only to find hairs on the pillow and comforter. Also found hair stuck to the wall in the shower. Other than that the room was nice, well appointed and looked clean. Dinosaur BBQ is only a couple blocks walk and the food there is pretty good. I would probably stay there again if I'm going to another game.
1 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
"Overall good but parking can be challenging"
New, clean and well maintained. My room had a fridge but no microwave; a community one is located on in the lobby. It's located in the heart of downtown Newark so if you have a car parking can be tricky. There is a parking facility around the corner that gives discounts to hotel guests - $22/24 hours with in/out privileges (good) however it's located next to Prudential Center sports complex, inconvenient when events are going on because of the volume and street closures.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"A top hotel choice in Newark"
The hotel is about a year old, so everything is in new condition and overall, it adheres to the Hilton family standard. This is the place to stay when visiting the Prudential Center, as it is right next door and has parking garage access.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice Hotel and friendly Staff"
Quick overnight EWR layover. After getting the correct Marriott shuttle (you need the gray one going downtown, not the other ones), we were very happy with all services and staff. We would stay there on the way back, but morning shuttles do not begin before 6:00. Good to know before you book - verify your flight times and travel.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"great"
Very nice stay , quite, wish it had a better selection of food places, the bristro didn't have such a wide variety of food , the market didn't etheir but I would def stay there again
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Awesome Experience"
We enjoyed our stay. We were there for a week and had great customer service from front desk, food services, and housekeeping. The people that were security by the door were not very friendly, but did not affect our stay at all. Nice hotel, in good condition and convenient to Newark Penn Station.
7 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Bad area"
Hotel is in a really bad area.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Travis
"Perfect location for prudential center"
Second time we've stayed here. Will be back!
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Very happy"
Very comfortable stay.Near to the New jersey Station.
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
Praveen
"safe and super clean and friendly"
Had a great stay. Walked to th Prudential Center and Newark Penn Station. $5 30 minute train ride to NYC. Safe and very clean. Very pleased and great value.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
eric
"Devils game!"
much better than I expected... 5 minutes from entrance to Devils game. Rooms are really nice. Will definitely stay again. Hotel staff was very helpful.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Jeanne
"Clean. Parking a pain and expensive breakfast."
Breakfast is expensive and parking is a pain.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are pleased to let you know we currently have began construction of a walkway from the parking garage directly in to the hotel. We hope this makes the parking experience easier for you and all of our guests. Best Wishes, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
Kris
"Came to see a hockey game"
Came to town to see my team play the Devils and this hotel is right next to the stadium. Took the train from the airport and it was a short walk from Newark Penn Station. Didn't realize they had a free shuttle to EWR, and took that on the way out of town. Very happy with the hotel, and there are a few good bars/restaurants next to the stadium.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
"Great for an event at the Prudential Center"
If you are going to a New Jersey Devils' game, this is the place to stay. It shares a parking lot with the Prudential Center, and there were great places to eat all around there. If I go to another game in Newark, I will definitely be staying here.
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Nice hotel, friendly staff. Parking was a bit inconvenient.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"nice place for a couple of days, shows, or game!"
nice hotel! brand new! decent fitness facility! not a lot of options for food late at night and the neighborhood is sketchy though its on a main street. good room service except i needed a bottle opener and was told to come to the front desk to use it? kind of strange no i refused that option.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Aaron Tyrone
Stayed here while in town for a hockey game. The hotel was right next door to the arena so it was a short walk. Staff was very courteous and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. My only complaints are that the hotel bar closed rather early (10:00 PM I believe) and the room was a little pricey for what you got.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014