All hotels in Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here858 Broad St, Newark, NJ, 07102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"perfect stay for Eric Church concert"
went to a concert at Prudential Center location to venue was excellent location to Spanish restaurants was excellent staff was very nice hotel and room very clean also beds were very very comfortable would stay again
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"disappointed"
Never got my room deposit back
1 night trip Mar 27, 2015
kim
"nice hotel in downtown"
nice room, clean and fresh, Neighborhood not so great. Right next to arena. Parking garage attendant not the friendliest.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Austin
"Good quality!"
Relaxing!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Courtyard Marriott Newark"
Hotel was great. Room was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Pleasant and quiet"
Shower needs grab bars.
4 night trip Apr 9, 2015
"Nice time"
It was nice. close to Newark Penn Station.only 15_20 minutes to Madison Square Garden.had a great time.Would go back.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
tim
"Too much noise to sleep, choose elsewhere."
The Hotel facilities are clean and nice. However - the staff does their best but the hotel is very understaffed. My low rating is based on a particular incident during my stay. I was kept up the entire night but a large group of drunk people running through the halls and hopping from room to room until 6 am in the morning. I called the desk at 3:30 and 4:30, they indicated that this wasn't the first call about the disturbance and sent the guard up. However, despite multiple calls and trips, nothing happened and I was not able to get any sleep until I called back at 6 and requested a room change. Absolutely terrible stay. I don't expect much - just a good night's sleep but that was absolutely ruined during my stay here. I will not be back.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
Carolyn
"Courtyard Marriott"
I enjoyed my stay. My check-in was real smooth even though I arrived after 11pm.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Robin
"It's all good!"
Staff was wonderful!!!! Parking was tricky due to. NJ Devils game. Everyone parks in the same garage as hotel.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"no more stays"
I felt I was misled by the rates when the hotel was booked. There was no free parking and I was charged 20.00 more than I should have been. The parking was three floors up away from the hotel and the parking that was directly by the hotel was for the prudential center. I will not be staying again
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"parking sucks"
parking was awful and expensive
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
Marsha
"No complaints"
Aside from pricey overnight parking I have no complaints and would stay again.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
damien
"Never Again"
I was truly disappointed that this Marriott had no amenities. I arrived and there was no bellman service, I was informed at check-In that there was a vending area (THE MARKET) for food on this level. When I inquired about room service I was informed that I could have some TAKE-OUT Menu's and they delivered. I have stayed at other Marriott Hotels and never experience a non service hotel. I could have stayed home and ordered Dominoes, Chinese, KFC. Who spends $200.00+ to carry their own luggage and plug quarters into a vending machine.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you Carolyn for taking the time to leave your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed by the hotel when you visited us. Typically, Courtyard Hotels do not have bellman service in most of their hotels. Also, we do have the Bistro for breakfast and dinner, however after hours take-out menus is the only option for our guests. While we do have The Market for snacks you do mention putting in quarters into a vending machine, however we do not have any vending machines in the hotel. I do apologize for any confusion. or miscommunication, but I thank you again for sharing your feedback so we can improve our hotel. Regards, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
1 night trip Mar 4, 2015
Carolyn
"Great stay for the prudential center."
was a great place to stay after going to the devils game. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is not the greatest but they have a joes crab shack right next door for some great food.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Perfect"
Everything was fantastic! My only issue was that the pillows were so unbeleivably soft that it was hard to sleep, but on the other hand the bed was fantastic. We were there for a Devils game and the arena was a minute walk through the parking garage. We will stay there every year that we come back!
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Christina
"Great experience"
Great.would definitely stay again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
Kabir
"Valentines's Day Stay 2015"
The stay was excellent, but the main entrance to the hotel did not have constant visible security. Groups of people would enter the elevator and piggy back access to floors from visitors card. "could you please press three, four etc." Overall everything was pretty decent, I do not believe that they served a free continental breakfast.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great stay for the money!"
Very good!
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"Went to a Devils game and stayed one night..."
The hotel is in a not so great section of Newark BUT it is right next door to the Prudential Center where the NJ Devils play hockey and there is an attached parking garage. That is the only reason we stayed there. Quick check in and out. Nice security at the hotel. Need your room key card to operate elevator beyond the lobby level. Only stayed one night. Walked into the room and sat on the bed only to find hairs on the pillow and comforter. Also found hair stuck to the wall in the shower. Other than that the room was nice, well appointed and looked clean. Dinosaur BBQ is only a couple blocks walk and the food there is pretty good. I would probably stay there again if I'm going to another game.
1 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
"Overall good but parking can be challenging"
New, clean and well maintained. My room had a fridge but no microwave; a community one is located on in the lobby. It's located in the heart of downtown Newark so if you have a car parking can be tricky. There is a parking facility around the corner that gives discounts to hotel guests - $22/24 hours with in/out privileges (good) however it's located next to Prudential Center sports complex, inconvenient when events are going on because of the volume and street closures.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"A top hotel choice in Newark"
The hotel is about a year old, so everything is in new condition and overall, it adheres to the Hilton family standard. This is the place to stay when visiting the Prudential Center, as it is right next door and has parking garage access.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice Hotel and friendly Staff"
Quick overnight EWR layover. After getting the correct Marriott shuttle (you need the gray one going downtown, not the other ones), we were very happy with all services and staff. We would stay there on the way back, but morning shuttles do not begin before 6:00. Good to know before you book - verify your flight times and travel.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"great"
Very nice stay , quite, wish it had a better selection of food places, the bristro didn't have such a wide variety of food , the market didn't etheir but I would def stay there again
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Awesome Experience"
We enjoyed our stay. We were there for a week and had great customer service from front desk, food services, and housekeeping. The people that were security by the door were not very friendly, but did not affect our stay at all. Nice hotel, in good condition and convenient to Newark Penn Station.
7 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Bad area"
Hotel is in a really bad area.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Travis
"Perfect location for prudential center"
Second time we've stayed here. Will be back!
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Very happy"
Very comfortable stay.Near to the New jersey Station.
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
Praveen
"safe and super clean and friendly"
Had a great stay. Walked to th Prudential Center and Newark Penn Station. $5 30 minute train ride to NYC. Safe and very clean. Very pleased and great value.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
eric
"Devils game!"
much better than I expected... 5 minutes from entrance to Devils game. Rooms are really nice. Will definitely stay again. Hotel staff was very helpful.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Jeanne
"Clean. Parking a pain and expensive breakfast."
Breakfast is expensive and parking is a pain.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are pleased to let you know we currently have began construction of a walkway from the parking garage directly in to the hotel. We hope this makes the parking experience easier for you and all of our guests. Best Wishes, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
Kris
"Came to see a hockey game"
Came to town to see my team play the Devils and this hotel is right next to the stadium. Took the train from the airport and it was a short walk from Newark Penn Station. Didn't realize they had a free shuttle to EWR, and took that on the way out of town. Very happy with the hotel, and there are a few good bars/restaurants next to the stadium.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
"Great for an event at the Prudential Center"
If you are going to a New Jersey Devils' game, this is the place to stay. It shares a parking lot with the Prudential Center, and there were great places to eat all around there. If I go to another game in Newark, I will definitely be staying here.
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Nice hotel, friendly staff. Parking was a bit inconvenient.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"nice place for a couple of days, shows, or game!"
nice hotel! brand new! decent fitness facility! not a lot of options for food late at night and the neighborhood is sketchy though its on a main street. good room service except i needed a bottle opener and was told to come to the front desk to use it? kind of strange no i refused that option.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Aaron Tyrone
Stayed here while in town for a hockey game. The hotel was right next door to the arena so it was a short walk. Staff was very courteous and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. My only complaints are that the hotel bar closed rather early (10:00 PM I believe) and the room was a little pricey for what you got.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Jon
"Overall location & set-up"
Parking lot not attached to hotel; hotel located across street from an avenue type setting; bistro pricing too high; not what we expected from Courtyard Marriott
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you for leaving your review of your stay at our hotel. We're sorry if the location of the parking garage was not satisfactory for you. We hope you come back when we have a pass-thru installed from the garage directly in to the hotel. Regards, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Chloe'
convenient to transportation. I would stay there again.
"Newark 11/13-14/2014"
Overall my stay was great. Good clean room. The heating was a bit off but worked OK. Will definitely stay here in my future trips.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
"Comfy bed, great location, no complaints."
The bed was very comfortable and I have no complaints about any other aspects of the room. The location was super convenient for attending events at the Prudential Center but we didn't wander much or explore the neighborhood. Parking was close and convenient. You get a pass so you can come and go as you please and still just pay a discounted daily rate.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the prudential center"
Nice hotel conveniently located next to the prudential center.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Hotel is nice and clean"
Great hotel, parking is very expensive. One person at time of check-in was very rude. All other encounters with front desk and housekeeping was pleasant. Neighborhood had lots of bars on windows and people sitting on benches all hours of the night. There was a walk on Sunday morning, closed all streets. I felt guest services should have let me know if I was heading out about this prior to me waking up and figuring it out. I could have left sooner. The beds and pillows were terrible.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"great hotel"
Wonderful Hotel maybe the best in downtown Newark nj
1 night business trip Nov 1, 2014
michael
"Nice & comfortable"
It was nice comfortable environment. The bed was very comfortable but the only downfall the parking was expensive.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Rashedda
"Avery comfortable stay"
Courtyard Newark Downtown is a new hotel . I enjoyed my stay inside the hotel immensely. Brian at the front desk was very helpful. The room was clean and spacious. The only downside is that if you walk a few blocks east of the hotel, it becomes sketchy. No worries since a police precinct is near by also. It is a great place to stay if you have an event at the Prudential Center (for me, it was the 1st home game of the NJ Devils of the 2014-15 season). Will stay there again if have to overnight in Newark.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
gpap
Great shuttle service to Penn Station and airport
2 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2014
Liz
"parking fees extra"
The stay was fine. Staff was polite. I didn't like the added fee ($21/day) for parking. Other hotels in the area include parking at no additional cost.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that you didn't like the parking fee. Unfortunately we do not own the parking garage and do not have any influence on the pricing, however the fee is on par with the other hotel's parking facilities in the downtown part of the city. Kind Regards, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
2 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Ted
"Nice hotel bad service"
We stayed on a Sat night for an event at the Prudential Center. We raced back to the hotel to get something to eat. We were told the "restaurant" served food until 10pm. When we got there at 9:40 we were told by the server they were closed and no longer serving. I told the man behind the counter the front desk told us they were open until 10. He was rude and refused to serve us. Needless to say we didn't eat dinner. We had to get chips in the marketplace.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Stayed here for a Devils game. Very convenient and the hotel is very nice. They need to attach the parking garage to the hotel though.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice hotel in a sketchy sorta area."
My boyfriend and I stayed here with a last minute booking. The area the hotel is situated is very close within few walking blocks from the Penn train station. The surrounding area is a little bit sketchy but the hotel itself was nice. Checkin/out was fine and pleasant. But I'm glad he was with me walking to the hotel from the train station. The AM breakfast area was closed though so that was a pain. So we ended up getting some snacks from the market. Ask the front desk for some water bottles.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014