All hotels in Newark, New Jersey, United States of America

Clean
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
"Blizzard stay"
Was very nice hotel stayed during blizzard they allowed us to check in early the staff at the restaurant/bar was very nice and pleasant
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
"Horrible housekeeping!"
In general we love this hotel. Have been staying there often. Only problem is housekeeping. I put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door when we arrived so that we did not have to worry about being bothered at the a** crack of dawn by housekeeping. Check out is at 12 why are you knocking on my door between 8 and 830 asking me if/when am im leaving? If your staying and they knock and you say u want service later not right now because you're still sleeping they wont come back and clean your room unless you stop at the front desk and request service. Well anyway this time we came we had our usual woman check us out, LOVE HER! wish i could remember her name. (short i think spanish woman with short hair) BUT then we get in our room there is a dirty rag hanging from the shower rod, a dark stain on the sheet when i moved the pillows, and what seemed to be blood on the wall. it was disgusting. I wanted to call down and change rooms so bad but we were extremely tired! The hotel is great but housekeeping is not!
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
I really enjoyed the stay at the Marriott Courtyard downtown Jersey it was a pleasant and exciting for me to be there soon thank you for the nice hospitality that you gave me
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Willie T.
"Great hotel, poor location."
Location proximity to Penn Station is not great, but hotel rocks. Great bed, clean and modern.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Wonderdul desk assistant. She was very sweet!
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
Nicole
"One night in Newark."
Good one night get away to see the Devils play, good breakfast in the am.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
"Nice hotel but not location."
The hotel was nice but the neighborhood was a little shady and because it was on a busy street there was a lot of noise. It advertises free airport shuttle but it leaves only on the hour and doesn't go directly to the airport. It takes you to a tram. This was going to take approximately 30-40 minutes. I took an Uber and was there in 10 minutes.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
mary
"Nice work atmosphere in iffy negihborhood"
Nice clean hotel with great public area, bistro, computer access. Downside was failure of cleaning staff to make up room...bad surprise when I returned exhausted at 11 pm.
2 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
"Love hotel, restaurant horrible."
Bistro area service was horrible!
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
Colleen
"Pretty rooms and good breakfast, but..."
The security guard on the first floor left, and I was left in a tricky situation trying to meet someone delivering food to me. A person unaffiliated with the hotel tried to gain access to the hotel while he was away.
2 night family trip Nov 12, 2015
Not Provided
"DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!"
great place to stay for Devils home game. couple of good bars-Edison Ale House and Dinosaur Barbecue . Area is vibrant when there is a game in town. Not sure I would stay there if Devils or another game isnt going on....
1 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
Jeanne
"Good for what I need."
Good price for the location. After hours could be a problem getting in. Had to wait 10 min give or take a min to get someone from the front desk to let me in. Other than that stay was fine.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
Geza
"Really nice"
It was really nice, and I feel safe , if I ever go back to Newark I would like to stay there again, but the man that drive the shuttle was not nice he didn't drop me of in front of my airline check in but drop me in front of the other airlines and I have to walk to my gate .ala
3 night trip Oct 9, 2015
Malivanh
"Nice hotel. Not the best area."
The hotel was actually fine. The location not so great. There were a lot of questionable people in the vicinity after dark. And I couldn't help but note that the adjacent Joes Crabshack had a police loan on duty. Newark really needs to put some work into it's down town. I had no desire to leave me hotel and explore.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Joy
"New York Trip"
The hotel was great, though there were some mix ups with the staff. Parking was annoying they never gave us the pass we needed and caused us to stay longer than we wanted. We were also told we could have part in the continental breakfast, we went and they told us no. But other than that, the hotel was great, location was whatever, its New Jersey what do you expect.
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Apolonio
All In all great experience
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Alyssa
"great short business stay"
I stayed one night on a business trip in the area and had a great experience. Even though I arrived late in the night, the front desk staff was friendly & helpful. The room was very clean, had a fridge which was useful, and the overall facilitates were kept in great condition. And the attached parking garage with the reduced hotel rate came in handy. Would stay there again for sure!
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Simon
"Spacious & Comfortable"
It was very beautiful and comfortable at the Courtyard hotel. My stay was pleasant, and planning to visit this hotel again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2015
Monroe
"quick getaway"
The hotel/room was clean. Will visit this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"A big inconvenience."
We arrived unaware that we had to pay for parking. Then we were instructed all guest of the hotel must park on the 5th level when the entrance to the hotel was the 1st level. Once we checked in and got to our rm we realized the rm wasn't cleaned ( unmade bed, used shower). They changed our rm immediately but for a weekend getaway it wasn't worth it.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
Nai
"Overnight Getaway"
This hotel is very nice and clean. The bed slept very well and the staff was very friendly. We enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
shantoria l
"the brick city"
Very clean and comfortable
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2015
greg
"Pleasant & Relaxing!!"
Hello, We found my stay to be very relaxing & comfortable. Your hotel is one I would definitely recommend to family, friends & co-workers. We enjoyed our stay!! Thank you, Terrence
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Wish the city was as nice as the hotel"
The hotel and staff were amazing! Very clean, great staff, just wish the surrounding area was as nice. We were in town for a music convention so this is the reason we stayed in Newark. I have told my friends I wish I could pick that hotel up and place it in another town. Truly one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in - hopefully the city raises up to the standards of this hotel.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Next to The Rock on Broad St"
Stayed here because I was catching an event at The Prudential Center. Its literally right behind The Rock with its parking garage connected to the venue via sky bridge. My room was clean, window facing Broad St. You need a card key to work the elevator. Parking attendants seem cool. The Bistro is ok. Sit at the bar if you want faster service (which I did). Other guest were waiting for their food and drinks longer than I was. I guess they were slammed and never seen this type of business? The neighborhood surrounding the Courtyard is really sketchy at night but I mean it is Newark. They got a shuttle on the hour starting at 5am to the Penn station and EWR. All in all, hit or miss, stay here if you're ONLY catching something at The Prudential Center.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
CZAR
It was very comfortable, althought the sofa bed did not have pillows in the room and there was only one blanket provided.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Alberto J
"EXCELLENT!"
I was very comfortable in my room. Everything was nice and neat and the staff was definitely amazing. I would definitely come back to stay at this hotel!
1 night trip Jul 25, 2015
"A Gem"
It's clean, safe and connected to the prudential center. Its a bit pricey but it's worth it.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2015
Eriss
"Great place to stay if you're a couple"
Great place to stay. Friendly staff, decent rooms, AC worked well
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Tawa
We picked this location because we were going to an event at the Prudential Center. The hotel was super convenient and we felt safe walking to the venue (via the parking garage) even at midnight when the concert was over. Service was great. The room was comfortable. Would recommend the hotel and would stay here again if we come back for another event at the Prudential Center.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
"Courtyard Marriott Neward"
It was good for a couple of nights. I used it mostly because it was walking distance from Newark Penn Station, which can lead you to NYC easily. The girl at the front desk was also very nice!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"nice hotel, just beside the prudential center"
The shuttle service is very good, the train station so close, the neighborhood seems so bad but you have so many facilities to move around
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Clau
"The GooD StAy"
I enjoyed my stay atbthis hotel.when arriving the front desk person greeted very well and was very polite,she explained everything that needed to be explained to me and my family...I went to the room and it was so clean and smelled very good the bed was very comfortable to sleep in they even had the pullout to where that would be comfortable for whomever to sleep on..it was near a lot of shops and had food stands on the corner in case you wanted something diffrent it is a great place to stay u use your key for everything which is a good thing for me if u ask me would I choose this hotel again yes I would o and its not too far from Penn station either....they call also to check and make sure that you are ok so yes again I would choose this hotel again..
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Joy
"Would stay here again"
We stayed here for 2 nights recently. Parking (with in/out privileges) was easy--around the corner in a public garage. There's a door connecting the garage with the hotel. Check in was fast and easy. Room was large, clean and comfortable. We were on the street side, and it was a bit noisy, but if you're on a busy street in a large city, you should expect that. They nearly literally roll up the sidewalks at 5 p.m. but there are several restaurants nearby--we enjoyed meals at Dinosaur BBQ, Mercato Tomato Pie, and Monk Room--all just a block or two away. Hotel is maybe a 10 or 15 minute walk to Newark Penn Station. I had neither especially positive nor especially negative interactions with staff members. If I need to visit Newark again, I will stay here.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Nice and comfortable."
This hotel is very clean, its look like new, the breakfast was good. Front desk person was ok who check me in but, the person who check me out had a wonderful personality. In the middle of everything.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Marilyn
"BAD LOCATION & NO RESTAURANT"
I read the reviews which described this hotel as well located in downtown where guests could easily walk and shop. This hotel is located in the ghetto. Shops had iron bars. Graffiti was rampant. There was only one restaurant in the hotel...an ersatz Starbucks. No place to go for dinner. I was afraid to venture outside the hotel to even wait for the hotel airport shuttle. Room was comfortable. Bathroom had errant hairs on the floor. Noise from the street kept me awake off and on all night.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Poor decison"
The parking and entrance process is flawed. Neither one are user friendly. Space near the entrance were always reserved for other events...guest parked on the 5th floor with hotel entrance on 2nd floor. Entrance from parking garage has no automation with a level of steps to walk up to front desk. Overall bad location for a midrange hotel, poor decision on my part for selecting.
3 night business trip May 15, 2015
Donaldson
"perfect stay for Eric Church concert"
went to a concert at Prudential Center location to venue was excellent location to Spanish restaurants was excellent staff was very nice hotel and room very clean also beds were very very comfortable would stay again
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"disappointed"
Never got my room deposit back
1 night trip Mar 27, 2015
kim
"Location, Location"
The hotel itself is great and very accommodating. The only downfall is the parking. We arrived prior to a concert and what a nightmare. We were only allowed to park on the 5th or 6th floor of the garage and it was completely full. It took us 20 mins to get back down. They ended up putting us in an unmarked spot. From there the elevator rides and walking up ramps to get into the hotel with bags and hanging clothes was rather annoying. Leaving the next day was interesting because the garage was trashed from concert goers and had not been cleaned up yet. It wasn't enjoyable stepping over the urine, beer cans and trash to load our car.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"nice hotel in downtown"
nice room, clean and fresh, Neighborhood not so great. Right next to arena. Parking garage attendant not the friendliest.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Austin
"Good quality!"
Relaxing!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Courtyard Marriott Newark"
Hotel was great. Room was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2015
"Convenient Location for Prudential Center"
I actually enjoyed my stay! The location was perfect. The hotel was visually appealing and clean. My only issue was with the person who checked me in and out. I believe it was the same person (Marielys?), she was neither mean nor nice. She seemed perturbed. I have a physical disability and walk with a cane and I was carrying a heavy bag. This was my first time really getting out and using my newly replaced hip so I was exhausted coming from The most northern part of Manhattan (Dyckman/200th Street). So when she gave me my room key, I placed it in my shirt pocket. She gruffly stated that I would need to use that key in the elevator. I told her I knew, but that I had enough to contend with. She begrudgingly assisted me to the elevator. Upon checking out, I asked for some type of receipt to show that my account was paid in full. She seemed irritated and said in a short manner, "Since you used a third party, you will have to deal with them!" She seemed angry that I used Expedia to obtain the room. With that said, I would definitely reserve a room at this hotel again.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Pleasant and quiet"
Shower needs grab bars.
4 night trip Apr 9, 2015
"Nice time"
It was nice. close to Newark Penn Station.only 15_20 minutes to Madison Square Garden.had a great time.Would go back.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
tim
"Great for prudential center events."
The neighborhood doesn't have much appeal, but the location is great for events at the Prudential Center.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice, reasonably priced hotel near NYC"
We stayed here right after it opened and in continues to be fresh, modern and clean. The staff are very helpful and the overall experience was once again pleasant.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Barb
Very clean room, great gym with sanitary wipes for equipment.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Bruce
"Brief! Overnight. Comfortable"
Comfortable, clean. Great location in regards to arena!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015