All hotels in Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
858 Broad St, Newark, NJ, 07102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Avery comfortable stay"
Courtyard Newark Downtown is a new hotel . I enjoyed my stay inside the hotel immensely. Brian at the front desk was very helpful. The room was clean and spacious. The only downside is that if you walk a few blocks east of the hotel, it becomes sketchy. No worries since a police precinct is near by also. It is a great place to stay if you have an event at the Prudential Center (for me, it was the 1st home game of the NJ Devils of the 2014-15 season). Will stay there again if have to overnight in Newark.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
gpap
Great shuttle service to Penn Station and airport
2 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2014
Liz
"parking fees extra"
The stay was fine. Staff was polite. I didn't like the added fee ($21/day) for parking. Other hotels in the area include parking at no additional cost.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that you didn't like the parking fee. Unfortunately we do not own the parking garage and do not have any influence on the pricing, however the fee is on par with the other hotel's parking facilities in the downtown part of the city. Kind Regards, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
2 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Ted
"Nice hotel bad service"
We stayed on a Sat night for an event at the Prudential Center. We raced back to the hotel to get something to eat. We were told the "restaurant" served food until 10pm. When we got there at 9:40 we were told by the server they were closed and no longer serving. I told the man behind the counter the front desk told us they were open until 10. He was rude and refused to serve us. Needless to say we didn't eat dinner. We had to get chips in the marketplace.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Stayed here for a Devils game. Very convenient and the hotel is very nice. They need to attach the parking garage to the hotel though.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice hotel in a sketchy sorta area."
My boyfriend and I stayed here with a last minute booking. The area the hotel is situated is very close within few walking blocks from the Penn train station. The surrounding area is a little bit sketchy but the hotel itself was nice. Checkin/out was fine and pleasant. But I'm glad he was with me walking to the hotel from the train station. The AM breakfast area was closed though so that was a pain. So we ended up getting some snacks from the market. Ask the front desk for some water bottles.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Angela
"Awesome Stay!"
My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay. We went down to the city for a Friday night Yankees game and Saturday night Redbulls game. The location of the hotel in relation to Newark Penn Station was perfect. It was very easy to get in and out Manhattan. The staff was very helpful and the room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was it was extremely difficult to find the parking garage for the hotel. Also, there is no valet parking. I wish they owned the parking garage to make things easier. I'm just glad there wasn't a hockey game next door or else parking may have been a huge problem!!
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Andrea
Staff is very friendly and courteus. Rooms are clean and taken care off daily. Check in and Check out times are very convinient.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Close to red bull arena"
The hotel was very nice, clean and staff very friendly. However, there was no where to go around hotel . No restaurants and everything was closed during the weekend. Neighborhood was not family friendly.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Dawn w
We were very tired after traveling from VA to New Jersey. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. the pantry was well stocked and the price list was posted with all the prices. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Meh..."
The check-in staff (not the desk manager) could stand to be a little less rude. I'm sure being busy & subject to guest requests is tough at times, but that's not an excuse to pull attitude on the next guest you deal with.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Great spot"
Love staying here. The Bistro servers can be flustered and impatient. However, great food and check in/out is a breeze.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Jay
"New and clean hotel in urban setting"
Hotel was new, very clean, and very comfortable. Surrrounding neighborhood is not so good.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Mo
Hotel was really nice, clean, modern, comfy beds.. Not a bad thing to say about this hotel!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice hotel in downtown Newark"
I came to this hotel with my 6 year old daughter for a Katy Perry concert at the Prudential Center. The hotel was very nice and I was extremely happy with the door man. He was very nice and courteous. I overall enjoyed every part of the hotel except for the girls at the main desk. They were polite and all, but more like it was fake. When I checked in, they told me that if I forgot some personal items to call them and they have everything free of charge. I called about nail clippers, a toothbrush, and benadryl and they told me the directions to walk 15 minutes to the Rite Aid and they were talking to me like I was dumb or something. Then when I checked out, I asked what my total bill was since when I ordered food they charged it to my room, and they said since I booked with expedia they could not tell me how much parking or my food total was and that I would get that information from them. They just seemed like they did not want to be bothered. But besides the 2 girls at the desk, I loved everything else about the hotel.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Great if coming to the Prudential Center in Newark"
We were coming into Newark for a Katy Perry concert at the Prudential Center and so this hotel was perfect. It is right next to the Prudential Center, so we could park our car in the parking garage and not have to move it again until we left the next morning. If you are not use to being in a city, as we aren't, this is the way to go. We walked to Dinosaur BBQ, which is also right across from the Prudential Center, and walked to the concert later. The hotel itself is clean and new feeling. The rooms are nice and comfortable. We had breakfast at the hotel (not included) and everyone was happy with their selections. Know ahead of time that you do have to pay for parking in the parking garage, but this is the way in the city. The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood, but if you are going to the Prudential Center, this is where it is. We felt safe in the hotel. You have to use your room key for the elevator and someone at the front desk lets you in if you are coming in after 11 pm, as we were the night of the concert.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Brook
"Right next to the prudential center"
Awesome! Everyone and the staff was really friendly!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Karly
"Very nice hotel. Close to train station."
The hotel was very clean and refreshing. Everyone was friendly and pleasant and so willing to help.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Traci
"Mini Escape"
It was a great stay! I wish it was more things to do around the area. The hotel was wonderful. The Bistro staff was often rude.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Danielle V
"Nice room!!"
Clean, nicely decorated, staff were friendly. Great experience
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Wce1972
Checked out early because of the parking not attached to building. Had to walk around the block to enter hotel.
2 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Excellent Value"
Good value by New York standard! Clean rooms excellent staff. Would stay there any time in City.
2 night trip May 19, 2014
Gene
"Excellent hotel, minus the bizarre lobby smell"
Comfortable and pleasant hotel once you get over the metallic smell in the lobby. Everything measures up quite nicely except the following: Food is highly overpriced, and the surrounding neighborhood is quite sketchy. I don't think we'll ever visit Newark again, but I'd gladly stay at another Courtyard.
1 night family trip May 10, 2014
Charlie
"Convenient to Federal building"
Well-maintained (newly built), comfortable, quiet; close to Rodino Federal Building. Breakfast is a la carte and ok, but not great. Neighborhood is non exactly exciting, but seems safe. Garage parking is next doors, but not included.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Henning
"Great NEW hotel"
The hotel is located downtown which could feel a little unsafe to some. However, the key entry elevator ensures that there are no random people wondering the halls.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Business"
Staff pretty rough
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great hotel beware of downtown though"
loved the hotel, very new, great staff. Downtown Newark, though is sketchy. If you can make the 10 minute walk to Ferry Street which is the Portuguese section its cool.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"VERY NICE HOTEL.CLEAN,THE STAFF VERY FRIENDLY."
THE ROOM VERY COMFORTABLE,CLEAN.THE BREAKFAST VERY HEALTY.THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS HOTEL IS THE PARKING.WE HAVE TO WALK AND ALSO PAY FOR THE PARKING.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
MENOCAL
"Very Nice Hotel"
The hotel and room was beautiful. Location kind of sketchy. Parking was kind of a nightmare. Parking garage between hotel and some kind of event center so even though I was paying $21/day, hotel parkers had to park on the roof when there is an event. Hotel very nice and clean though. Would stay again.
2 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Liz G.
"So close to the Prudential Center"
Will stay again, not one issue Very Clean, Very neat and Brand New
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Tracy
"was greeted with respect and very professional"
I would like to thank George for our experience at the front door he was a true person and a person that I will remember always with the help he gave us on our stay
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
paul
"comfortable beds"
The staff were very polite and helpful. The shuttle drivers were very kind and accommodating. The bathroom was a little cold but warmed up with shower, which was also very nice. I am a senior and had the accessible room which was wonderful with the safety rails and shower seat in the tub. The cafe breakfast menu had great choices, I didn't get to try the evening menu, but it also had good choices. I thought the hotel was a great place to stay if you are going to be in the Nyc or Newark area.. Easy access to the Penn station NJ to NYC. Reasonably priced .
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
S. Sharif
The staff were extremely friendly. The hotel and its room were in excellent condition. I have stayed in some hotels that according to another sight were four star hotels, and they were a pit. The Courtyard Newark Downtown was clean, up to date, secure, beautifully decorated and well maintained. I was very pleased. I wold definitely stay there again when visiting Newark or New York.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
We're glad you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Newark or New York City. Best Wishes, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Chris Haefner
"Pleasantly Surprised!"
This hotel looks brand new. The staff is very professional, even the housekeeping personnel were so cheerful and kind. I scratch my head about the Starbucks located in the lobby, as it wasn't open all day. The hours varied. The location was right in the midst of downtown perfect for business!
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you so much for your excellent review of our hotel and staff Mrs. C. Our Starbucks is located on the second floor in our Bistro as you mentioned, however during the off hours of the Bistro our Front Desk staff is trained and more than glad to assist you with any of your coffee needs. We hope to see you soon. Thanks again, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
Mrs. C.
"Very Comfortable"
We enjoyed our stay a great deal. The accommodation was clean, comfortable, and well appointed. The free Wifi was nice as well. The King bed and pillows were excellent. Some noise but to be expected on a Saturday night. Only negative was the parking garage not connected to the hotel, but a very short walk around the corner. Hotel is close to Newark Penn Station which was a plus for us and easy access into NYC via PATH. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Travelxec
"Nice Hotel in the hub on the city"
Hotel was great, parking is a little bit far from the hotel but safe enough, rooms are clean and confrotable.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Diana
My over night was short and sweet can't complain will visit soon thx courtyard
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2014
Marc
"Impressed"
Location to my event was great. Staff was Pleasant and Professional . Housekeeping service was good. Lobby design/floor plan is state of art and efficient. Security was excellent. Added to future travel plans and recommendations.
3 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
Kathryn Atterberry
"Nice hotel close to prudential center"
The hotel was nice and I was looking for something close to prudential center which this hotel is. The surrounding area was not that nice but the hotel took many measures to insure safety.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you for staying with us and leaving your review. We're glad you found our hotel to be convenient to the Prudential Center and that you noticed the safety and security of our guests is a priority of ours. We hope to see you back if you return to the Prudential Center. Sincerely, Matt Garber Assistant General Manager
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Convenient location"
The hotel has an hourly shuttle bus both to the Newark airport and the Newark train station (which is also within a mile walk, if needed). Nice lounge, with a cafe, but breakfast is not included. Close to the federal and city office buildings and courts.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2014
Henning
"Great Location If You're going to the Rock"
Neighborhood is sketchy and the hotel parking garage is a pain. But if you're going to Prudential Center you can't beat the hotel location.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2014
"Close to the Rock"
We were in Newark to see the NJ Devils play, the hotel was very close to the Prudential Center and excellently priced. The hotels was very clean, with model amenities. Overall an excellent place to stay when in the Newark/New York area.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Devils fan
"Excellent Location"
We needed a hotel that was close to the Newark Symphony Hall and easy access to New York and this was the perfect place. The Hotel Staff were friendly and welcoming. Everything we needed was available, ie: forks plates, even though they had a restaurant in the lobby.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
LiL Sone
"Right next door to the Prudential Center."
Very comfortable and we will be returning.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Fantastic loved the decor loved the community feel downstairs achieved by the design of the hotel . The service was good and the staff were so friendly and helpful. One of the best Marriots I have ever stayed in...
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments on the hotel. We look forward to having you back in the future. Nicholas Pappagallo General Manager
1 night business trip Jan 2, 2014
"Good Location and Good Price"
Although i'm just in/out during my 4D/4N stay, i have nothing but good words about this hotel. I leave early every morning and go to New York, then crash in late in the evening. It's location is a convenient and inexpensive alternative to expensive hotels in Manhattan. Frontdesk Staffs are always courteous and helpful. My room is always clean and replenished with stuff whenever i come back. I like my stay here and would come back here in the future. Just a word of advice about the surrounding neighborhood, it's not generally safe specially if morning hasn't broken yet and/or night time has already fallen. You've been warned.
Response by Courtyard Newark Downtown
Thank you for your comments on the hotel. As you mentioned we are close to Newark Penn Station and offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the train station. We also appreciate your comments on the staff as we are always striving for excellence. Nicholas Pappagallo General Manager
4 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"Perfect for Hockey games at the Pru center"
Place is fairly new & has a parking garage attached (21/day). Front desk staff were very helpful even if the lines got a little long at times.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"Expensive Parking"
Even at a discount, parking is still over $20 a day. That adds up with a long stay!
4 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Almost perfect (parking flaw)"
I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel, it was very secure and the staff was very very nice and accommodating. The guy in the Bistro name Louis was very nice and always seem to try to go above and beyond my expectations were. The only imperfection that I could read from the hotel was the parking accommodations. The parking is 21 dollars a day which I thought was a bit much especially coming from areas where parking was always included. I would recommend possibly rolling the hotel cost into the room rate to give the people thinking about staying here a "truer" cost for the stay.
3 night business trip Dec 31, 2013
jammie j
"Nice if they followed the terms of th reservation!"
i reserved room with one king size bed. i arrive very tired, drag my bags up to my room, and discover it is two beds, non-King, and i am too tired to deal with them making me come back downstairs, find MY room, and redirect me. i stayed that night, but was not as comfortable as i would have been in my proper reservation. if you come here, make sure the staff give you the right room at the check in!
Other trip Jan 4, 2014