All hotels in Richmond (North Yorkshire), England, United Kingdom
19 High StreetCatterick, RichmondEnglandDL10 7LLUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

friendly and comfortable
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
Already rated this Hotel for the first night of staying.
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2015
Hugh
"reunion"
we both enjoyed our stay there the staff were very polite and the breakfast was superb well worth the cost of staying there the village is an excellent position for touring the Yorkshire area.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Hugh
Excellent.Friendly,a huge breakfat -and affordable for singles! I hope to stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2015
"ONE NIGHT AT THE ANGEL HOTEL CATTERICK"
Hi, Me and my partner stayed in this hotel for one night bed and breakfast. We parked round the back of the hotel which was a little cramped but okay if you want to be off the street. The room was a little outdated but suitable for a short stay due to lack of wardrobe space but clean and tidy. Breakfast was okay and we found the staff to be very friendly. The village itself and the locals made us very welcome throughout our stay. We would stay at this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
PATRICIA
"No repeat visit."
Hotel was quite shoddy,carpets were particularly dirty and stained. Breakfast was served in the bar, which was invested with several types of flies. Proprietress was pleasant but her attire was more like what would be used to work in a garden.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"One night stay at this hotel"
No toilets in the room, needs a good clean up and new mattresses, very uncomfortable! Only seemed like one member of staff doing everything, she was great and did everything she could but shouldnt be left to one person. Breakfast was ok but swimming in fat. Wouldnt stay again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Spadge
"Catterick village"
The hotel had no bath towel had to go out and buy our own the shower was not good
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Derek
"Fantastic value for money"
Great value for money (less than half the price of most other accommodation in the area). Hotel wasn't perfect by any means but I expected much less for my money and would definitely recommend it if you want simple accommodation with en-suite, flat screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Wendy
Perfectly nice family run hotel close to A1 and major routes. Good breakfast served by Karen (Proprietor) who was simply a lovely host and very welcoming. Would certainly go back - good value
1 night trip Jun 27, 2015
MR W M
"You get what you pay for."
Positives: The customer service was very good as was the breakfast. We were upgraded to a better room for free as it was available and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Negatives: While we expected the room to be a little dated / tired (what do you expect for £50?!) it was a little disappointing to see that the bathroom really needed a good scrub. The inside of the shower tray was questionable and the bath mat looked like it hadn't been washed recently. However, the room was spacious and warm and the bed was comfy.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Emma
"Nice breakfast"
The cooked breakfast was excellent. The room would benefit from a refurbishment but was clean. We were only provided with hand towels - so if you want a shower remember to take towels with you.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
W
"Last Minute Booking"
We stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting Richmond, which is nearby, Lady who looked after us was very nice and chatty. and helpful' Room was basic, but we were not in it long, T,V, a bit small. But what we had ahead of us the following day we were not that bothered. We will be booking next year same time of year, Biscuits on tray would have been nice, But there again we travel at lot, we are spoilt. Breakfast had to be early, which was no trouble, and was very nice.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Dennis
Not very clean run down and in need of structural work peeling paint showers not fit to use windows haven't been cleaned since ????
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Diamond in the rough."
The hotel was a little run down but the room was clean and comfortable and excellent value for money. The service was friendly and the breakfast was excellent.
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
Angela
"Angel Hotel Catterick."
Good service and very helpful staff.There is a good selection of beers and the food is good.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
dave
"hotel"
Very nice and friendly.
3 night trip Jan 27, 2015
"Hotel seen better days"
Very uncomfortable bed and pillows. No wardrobe or drawers to hang or put clothes. Very noisy toilet and water system. Never slept a wink. Smell of cigarette smoke in room.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Al
"comfortable all round,good value for money"
This overnight stay Restored my faith in how we use to excel in,good food.clean room quite and easy for shower toilet moving around,and i am registered disable so all very important for me,staff very polite friendly and over and beyond making me feel so welcome,i do not Hesitate to say to family and friends nothing whats so ever to worry about stopping here,a Great location so near the A1M,and myself would go out of my way to stop here if the road works changed the easy access ,I wish the Lady and all concerned with the running of the hotel the best life can give,it is no less than you all deserve.kindest regards to all.David.B.(retired coach diver of 30 years.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Brutas
"Friendly hotel"
friendly staff,, amazing breakfast.
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
"Wouldn't stay again, very old and tatty"
Was very disappointed not at all worth the money, if I hadn't paid in advance wouldn't have stayed
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Close to venue that we required"
Is very rundown needs refurbish open toilet window no curtains
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
jennifer
"Good Value"
Accomodation satisfactory. Excellent breakfast and good service.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
A little disappointed with the location as the address shown was Richmond when in fact it was in Catterick Village. There was distinct lack of storage and we had to live out of a suitcase.The provision of bath towels would improve the service and a better quality of bedding.On the plus side the staff were fantastiv breakfast was superb along with an excellent pint of Tetleys bitter.
3 night trip Dec 6, 2013
xmas break
No complaints. Nice breakfast, very clean hotel and friendly staff. Very close to racecourse. Not the ritz but for the price and location it's worth a visit.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"Basic stay, but convenient, good value & friendly."
I stayed at this hotel because it was an ideal location to stop off at on my way to Scotland, as it was just off the A1. I was very pleased with the quality of my stay - The owners were very friendly, I was upgraded to an en-suite room and I was able to choose what time I wanted breakfast. The room itself was basic, but had a full functional TV, and the breakfast was of good quality. Considering what I paid, I think this establishment is good value for money. The only negative point is that wi-fi was not available in my room, even though it stated it would be when I booked my room. Overall, I would recommend others to stay at The Angel Hotel and I will hopefully pass-by there in the future.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
"Over night stay"
Arrived at hotel booked in had to travel on to a party returned at 12 midnight shown to my room which was perfect for what I wanted comfy and clean ask what time I require breakfast 9am was suggested breakfast brilliant 10 out of 10 would stay again without a doubt
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Rob
"Nice people, basic accomodation"
Budget accomodation but very basic. Hot water difficult to obtain, only hand towels provided and door required assistance to unlock. When I finally managed to get the shower to run hot half the shower door fell off. Staff were nice and very helpful, its a pity the accomodation isn't up to the service.
2 night business trip May 25, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night trip Jun 28, 2015
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for The Angel Hotel

"great value for money"
12/03/15 kirktonlass Dundee, United Kingdom
we booked a single and double as we were travelling with our adult son - we got 2 lovely double rooms. Maybe the décor is a bit tired but the rroms and bedding were spotless and comfortable. We had a partial en suite room - no loo but there was a large shower in the room (my only criticism is a curtain to screen the shower off from the other occupant might be nice - ok when travelling with your hubby but not so good if just a friend). There were several toilets in easy reach of the rooms so lack of loo was not a problem as we never had to queue for one. There was a full sized kettle in the room with the usual teas and coffees. The breakfast was served in the bar - cereal, milk and juice on the table when you went in then a lovely full English cooked to order. There was also as much tea and toast brought to you as you wanted. The hotel DOES have parking for 3 cars but it is through a narrow entrance so worth checking to see if a space is available before driving in as not much space to turn round - the first night we parked on the street outside (also free) without any problem. The hotel is in the village of Catterick which has a couple of takeaways and some shops - it is close to the M1 and very handy for the bases at Catterick and RAF Leeming, plus Catterick Garrison Tesco Extra is a short drive away which is handy for refuelling the car! The rooms are above the bar but we never had any problems with noise from that or the street outside - and the bar prices are pretty reasonable as we had 2 very large glasses of red wine for £3.99 each We would have no hesitation in staying there again
"A little bit of character goes a long way"
11/12/15 Franck P
Slightly dated building, sloped and creaky floors, not a single right angle anywhere and doorframes that make a 6'6" man feel like Gandalf in Hobbiton, But it somehow works quite well, the rooms are clean, staff is very friendly and the breakfast is delicious! And if you're still peckish after a fun evening in the downstairs pub, there's a great fish-n-chips just across the road. Overall, great value for money, definitely worth another stay.
"Grotty"
10/25/15 Shaun C
This is the dirtiest av ever visited scruffy carpets towel bedding hygiene appauling the toilet leaked shower was rubbish he'll hole wouldn't even rate it lady at bar lovely this place needs to stop trading
"Surprised the place hasn't been closed down!"
10/25/15 Ann C
We firstly got a shock at the outside of the property but inside wasn't any better, probably one of the worst places I've stayed in, not clean, toilet kept us awake all nite we eventually packed up at 4.30am and left to drive home.. Love the area not this place.
"Well worth the money - thank you!"
10/15/15 Pjh26
Working as a school teacher with a current 90 minute commute, I needed a place to stay after a long day due to a sixth form open evening. The Angel provided me with a comfortable single room, complete with TV, towels, a sink and coffee/tea making facilities, all for a bargain price! The room was clean and I was very impressed. I unfortunately couldn't attend breakfast as I had to leave at the crack of dawn, but will definitely return in the future. An honest place to stay. Thank you!
"Great value, clean and comfortable."
10/12/15 TheOnlyRogueAngel Heerlen, The Netherlands
The rooms are basic, but clean, comfortable and all you need for a short stay. Breakfast is excellent and the staff are friendly, kind and helpful. This hotel might be dated and the floorboards squeaky and sloped, but it is great value for money and the added highlights of live music, entertaining locals (for people watching) and an en suite (shower next to the bed) made our weekend fun and interesting. The bed was quite hard, but if you prefer that, it's perfect. I would definitely come again. Amazing fish and chip shop across the street. :)
"Ok for the money"
10/01/15 ahujarep Stranraer, United Kingdom
I've stayed at the angel hotel a couple of times now, and it's only the price that brings me back. Rooms are pretty dated, as is the whole hotel really. Cooked breakfast is good, and staff are cheery. On the whole it's cheap and cheerful. They really need to replace the mattresses, they really are past their best!
"Good value for money"
09/08/15 EmkaCafe007 Catterick, United Kingdom
There are no luxuries but for such a low price is the best hotel in this area. Very easy to access even by public transport from Darlington. Delicious breakfast, friendly service. Lack of shower is an obstacle.
"Lovely hotel"
08/09/15 JennyandTim2014
The room was quite big it was a family room. Basic but very clean throughout. Beds were comfortable and the breakfast was lovely. The staff and owners of the hotel were very welcoming and friendly. The room was very hot so if I came again I would bring a fan apart from that I was very pleased with this hotel
"cheap and cheerful"
07/31/15 JeanPate Dundee, United Kingdom
staff are great - very friendly and welcoming. Accommodation on the tired side but clean and comfortable. Large shower cubicle in room, also wash hand basin but no loo. However there were 2 toilets plus a toilet with shower cubicle within easy access of the 6 rooms so we never had any problems. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room (a normal kettle too, not the normal travel size one!). It is on a T junction but, although we slept with the window open we weren't troubled by traffic noise. Breakfast (served in the bar from 7 - 11am) was brilliant - cornflakes, milk and juice on the table then full English cooked to order (2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 2 bits of tomato, mushrooms, beans and toast) - plenty of tea and coffee plus we could have had more toast and jam if we wanted. The prices in the bar also seemed reasonable - we had 2 very large glasses of wine at £3.55 each. There is free parking at the back of the hotel - but only for 3 cars, so worth checking for a space before you drive in as it is a narrow space and not much room to turn around!! We parked in the street without problem the first night (also free). It is close to the M1, Catterick Garrison (handy for fuelling up at Tesco) and RAF Leeming as well as other attractions and is in a lovely village with a few shops (co-op etc). We would have no hesitation in staying there again