All hotels in Richmond (North Yorkshire), England, United Kingdom
19 High Street, Catterick, Richmond, England, DL10 7LL, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Catterick village"
The hotel had no bath towel had to go out and buy our own the shower was not good
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Derek
Perfectly nice family run hotel close to A1 and major routes. Good breakfast served by Karen (Proprietor) who was simply a lovely host and very welcoming. Would certainly go back - good value
1 night trip Jun 27, 2015
MR W M
"You get what you pay for."
Positives: The customer service was very good as was the breakfast. We were upgraded to a better room for free as it was available and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Negatives: While we expected the room to be a little dated / tired (what do you expect for £50?!) it was a little disappointing to see that the bathroom really needed a good scrub. The inside of the shower tray was questionable and the bath mat looked like it hadn't been washed recently. However, the room was spacious and warm and the bed was comfy.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Emma
"Last Minute Booking"
We stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting Richmond, which is nearby, Lady who looked after us was very nice and chatty. and helpful' Room was basic, but we were not in it long, T,V, a bit small. But what we had ahead of us the following day we were not that bothered. We will be booking next year same time of year, Biscuits on tray would have been nice, But there again we travel at lot, we are spoilt. Breakfast had to be early, which was no trouble, and was very nice.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Dennis
"Diamond in the rough."
The hotel was a little run down but the room was clean and comfortable and excellent value for money. The service was friendly and the breakfast was excellent.
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
Angela
"Angel Hotel Catterick."
Good service and very helpful staff.There is a good selection of beers and the food is good.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
dave
"hotel"
Very nice and friendly.
3 night trip Jan 27, 2015
"Hotel seen better days"
Very uncomfortable bed and pillows. No wardrobe or drawers to hang or put clothes. Very noisy toilet and water system. Never slept a wink. Smell of cigarette smoke in room.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Al
"comfortable all round,good value for money"
This overnight stay Restored my faith in how we use to excel in,good food.clean room quite and easy for shower toilet moving around,and i am registered disable so all very important for me,staff very polite friendly and over and beyond making me feel so welcome,i do not Hesitate to say to family and friends nothing whats so ever to worry about stopping here,a Great location so near the A1M,and myself would go out of my way to stop here if the road works changed the easy access ,I wish the Lady and all concerned with the running of the hotel the best life can give,it is no less than you all deserve.kindest regards to all.David.B.(retired coach diver of 30 years.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Brutas
"Friendly hotel"
friendly staff,, amazing breakfast.
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
"Wouldn't stay again, very old and tatty"
Was very disappointed not at all worth the money, if I hadn't paid in advance wouldn't have stayed
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Close to venue that we required"
Is very rundown needs refurbish open toilet window no curtains
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
jennifer
"Good Value"
Accomodation satisfactory. Excellent breakfast and good service.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
A little disappointed with the location as the address shown was Richmond when in fact it was in Catterick Village. There was distinct lack of storage and we had to live out of a suitcase.The provision of bath towels would improve the service and a better quality of bedding.On the plus side the staff were fantastiv breakfast was superb along with an excellent pint of Tetleys bitter.
3 night trip Dec 6, 2013
xmas break
No complaints. Nice breakfast, very clean hotel and friendly staff. Very close to racecourse. Not the ritz but for the price and location it's worth a visit.
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"Basic stay, but convenient, good value & friendly."
I stayed at this hotel because it was an ideal location to stop off at on my way to Scotland, as it was just off the A1. I was very pleased with the quality of my stay - The owners were very friendly, I was upgraded to an en-suite room and I was able to choose what time I wanted breakfast. The room itself was basic, but had a full functional TV, and the breakfast was of good quality. Considering what I paid, I think this establishment is good value for money. The only negative point is that wi-fi was not available in my room, even though it stated it would be when I booked my room. Overall, I would recommend others to stay at The Angel Hotel and I will hopefully pass-by there in the future.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2013
"Over night stay"
Arrived at hotel booked in had to travel on to a party returned at 12 midnight shown to my room which was perfect for what I wanted comfy and clean ask what time I require breakfast 9am was suggested breakfast brilliant 10 out of 10 would stay again without a doubt
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Rob
"Nice people, basic accomodation"
Budget accomodation but very basic. Hot water difficult to obtain, only hand towels provided and door required assistance to unlock. When I finally managed to get the shower to run hot half the shower door fell off. Staff were nice and very helpful, its a pity the accomodation isn't up to the service.
2 night business trip May 25, 2013
"Friendly B&B"
Staff were very helpful and welcoming. The breakfast was very good and served at a time of guests choosing. The room was a good size with some quirky DIY e.g. Shower in room and plug socket quite high up. However, it was a lovely stay, great value and friendly staff.
Other trip May 2, 2013

SE

TripAdvisor reviews for The Angel Hotel

"cheap and cheerful"
07/31/15 JeanPate Dundee, United Kingdom
staff are great - very friendly and welcoming. Accommodation on the tired side but clean and comfortable. Large shower cubicle in room, also wash hand basin but no loo. However there were 2 toilets plus a toilet with shower cubicle within easy access of the 6 rooms so we never had any problems. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room (a normal kettle too, not the normal travel size one!). It is on a T junction but, although we slept with the window open we weren't troubled by traffic noise. Breakfast (served in the bar from 7 - 11am) was brilliant - cornflakes, milk and juice on the table then full English cooked to order (2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 2 bits of tomato, mushrooms, beans and toast) - plenty of tea and coffee plus we could have had more toast and jam if we wanted. The prices in the bar also seemed reasonable - we had 2 very large glasses of wine at £3.55 each. There is free parking at the back of the hotel - but only for 3 cars, so worth checking for a space before you drive in as it is a narrow space and not much room to turn around!! We parked in the street without problem the first night (also free). It is close to the M1, Catterick Garrison (handy for fuelling up at Tesco) and RAF Leeming as well as other attractions and is in a lovely village with a few shops (co-op etc). We would have no hesitation in staying there again
"Excellent value for money"
07/02/15 WendyJillJames Margate, England, United Kingdom
Less than alf the price of other hotels in the area. Not perfect but excellent value for money with friendly staff and a substantial breakfast included. Perfect if you just want a clean room, flat screen TV and tea making facilities.
"Clean/Friendly"
05/13/15 dennis g Durham, United Kingdom
We stayed here for one night, as we could not get booked up at Richmond, Found the lady who looked after us very welcomeing. Could do with biscuits on tray, but for price it was alright. Breakfast was very good. Room had a t.v. but small, but to be honest we were to busy getting ready for next day at Richmond to worry. Will stay there again when we have to go to Richmond next year. For Green Howards Day.
"Clean but basic "
06/30/14 amandabck Huddersfield
Easy to find off the motorway in the small village of catterick. The outside of the building is tired, outdated and the Windows need a good clean and lick of paint. The landlord and his wife were friendly chatty and were eager to please. We took our 8 week old puppy who was treat like a celebrity while we were there. The room was large 3 single beds, 2 pushed together to make a large double unmatching duvet covers tho :-/ overall the room was clean with basic furnishings, tea/coffee facilities and a small tv, the bathroom hmmm there was strange smell in there which wasn't pleasant and the noise when you used toilet or water was horrendous this went on for about 10 mins we slept well but that may have had something to do with the numerous drinks we had in the friendly village pubs nearby met some lovely locals, takeaway across the road handy for a kebab !!! ...breakfast was good, served by the landlady who seems to run the place single handed "Jack of all trades" felt abit sorry for her as husband didn't seem to help out a great deal...all in all was a good location for us and good value, with abit of money spent on it this could be a great hotel currently up for sale so maybe this will happen ....
"Very convenient for the A1 and great value"
01/25/14 Lochardil Norwich, United Kingdom
Given I only paid 25 pounds via Late Rooms I was not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Really easy to find just off the A1, room was pleasant with TV, sink and Tea and Coffee making facilities. Shower rooms and toilets were clean. I had a chat with the owner over a beer, nice guy. He and his wife seemed to really care everything was OK for me. Tons of parking space outside. Don't know if it would be noisy if the pub wss busy, as the hotel is really a big pub with rooms above - but pub was deserted the day I was there; only me and the owners there. Really quiet through the night so I slept well. The Everything Everywhere (the Orange and T Mobile networks) data signal was rubbish and I couldn't find any wifi, no internet for a while. My only regret is I didn't stay longer, as I arrived around 10 pm and had to leave next day at six. Didn't sample breakfast for that reason. Recommended.
"Basic stay, but a convenient location, friendly owners and good value."
09/13/13 GeorgeJames2000 Cambridge, United Kingdom
I stayed at this hotel because it was an ideal location to stop off at on my way to Scotland, as it was just off the A1. I was pleased with the quality of my stay - The owners were very friendly, I was upgraded to an en-suite room and I was able to choose what time I wanted breakfast. The room itself was basic, but had a full functional TV, and the breakfast was of good quality. Considering what I paid, I think this establishment is good value for money. The only negative point is that wi-fi was not available in my room, even though it stated it would be when I booked my room. Overall, I would recommend others to stay at The Angel Hotel and I will probably pass-by there in the future.
"hardly angelic....."
06/15/13 Kajababy Durham
Stayed here with my son and partner after a function at the hotel... after the function finished, we went to the room around midnight, used the bathroom and the toilet had an electric pump, unfortunately there was some malfuncion...the pump was still growling hours later...no one slept a wink.. after a quick look around the hotel there was no one to report the issue to. The 3 of us were EXHAUSTED...it was like a drill in the room with us.. We ended up leaving the hotel at 3.30am and driving home as it was clear we wouldnt be getting any sleep! Obviously things can malfunction, but on contacting the hotel a total of 3 times asking for a partial refund, we received no reply, no apology and no refund. the hotel was clean but basic, had the pump not malfunctioned it would have been cheap and cheerful...as it was, it was a disaster. The owners were unresponsive and clearly had no concept of customer service. VERY POOR