All hotels in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
16 Canning Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 8EG, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good location/not luxury"
No advance arrangements were sent to us regarding entry to the apartments. We were pitiful, standing on the street in the rain, as we negotiated the telephone call to the number listed on the door. The hotelier spent much time blaming Hotels.com for not sharing our e-mail address. We didn't care who was at fault. We just needed to get off the street and out of the rain. Finally we got in. The steep stairs led to the hall with the apartment doors. Our door opened to a strip kitchen with 2-person table. Beyond the kitchen was the living room which was more of an alcove. There was a 2-person couch facing a large flat screen TV. Except for a tiny lamp table next to the couch, these were the only pieces of furniture in the room. This would have been easier to accept if the apt had not been billed as "luxury" and if the internet photos had not shown a large living room. From the entry door there was another very steep stairway up to the bedroom and bath. A king size bed was too large for the bedroom so you had to turn sideways to get around the bed and the closet door could open only part way. I managed to get my suitcase into the closet but there was not room for another suitcase in the bedroom. My husband kept his suitcase downstairs in the living room. There was a nice bath. The apartment was clean and bright. The bed and linens were good. The view of Edinburgh roof tops was charming. And the location near the castle and royal mile is great. But the "overselling" of the facility, the unexpectedly tight space, the failure to ensure entry, and a few maintenance issues caused initial disappointment.
2 night trip May 5, 2014

"Short stay"
The apartment was very nice and very central to everything. It was very clean and the kitchen was well stocked. The TV played up a little but to be honest, we were not there to watch TV.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Great apartment in a superb location. Spacious for 4 and great facilities in the heart of town. Not quite as polished as a hotel but if that doesn't put you off I would highly recommend.
2 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
DanC
"Appartment is in a great location"
Apartment is in a great location but you need to be aware of a few problems we had. 1/ When we arrived at the apartment by taxi there was a note on the door saying we had to go to another location to pick up the key??? Not happy. 2/ The appartment is on several levels. Getting luggage up to the 3rd level on a narrow staircase was not easy.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice apartment near Haymarket Station"
Lovely clean and well equipped apartment within minutes walk from Haymarket Station. Had everything we were needing for our weekend in Edinburgh x
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
lynz
"Nice apartment in good location."
Four of us stayed in a three bedroom apartment which had two good sized rooms and one a bit small but as wee had only booked a two roomed apartment this was great. Two well fitted bathrooms with good big showers. Well equipped kitchen. The apartment was in a great location with shops, bars, restaurants and public transport within a short walk. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
shiv
"small apartment-not like the photos"
it was ok for what i used it for but it was very small and mis leading as its nothing like the photos
2 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
"Great location, really nice place."
The place is fantastic. Location, comfort of bed, quality of everything is fantastic. And so is the service. I had a slight problem with the heating in the place (it wouldn't adjust and it was very hot) and I contacted the office and they got back to me right away with an easy solution! They also gave me great advice on a few other things. The only comfort mitigation was about the steps up to the room/bathroom. They are quite steep and big, and I was a little worried about my safety. I reckon 90% of people would have NO worries with them though, and it does mean you have a separate living area to the bathroom and living room, so for a couple or more that's perfect! The location is amazing. You can really walk everywhere, up to the Castle or to the museum or across to Princes St. All very easy! Great coffee shops and restaurants nearby too and a few supermarkets within a three or four minute walk.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2013
sandy
"Great location and size for traveling parties of 4"
Apart from an incident with their emergency response team, we were extremely please with the apartment and the services we had.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Huie
"Ok, wouldn't go back in a hurry"
The hotel was ok. Very narrow and steep spiral staircase to get to your room. Tv not working in lounge or bedroom during the stay and no reception to contact. Bedroom comfy, downstairs very clinical. Bathroom the best room with a good shower. Noisy road front and back. Walls paper thin, so you can hear your neighbour snoring. Definately not the quality I was expecting from the reviews.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
MdM
"Great for any occasion."
Greeted on arrival, great location and very modern and great value for money A+++++
Other trip Jan 13, 2013
Damian

Tråkig bakgata men ändå bra läge några hundra meter från Prince´s Street Garden. Lite jobbigt var det att hämta upp lägenhetsnyckeln på kontoret, ca 20 min promenad från lägenheten, men nyckeln kunde lämnas i en låda på plats. Vi bodde i en etagevåning, och det var förvånansvärt höga trappsteg -- inget för den som har svårt att gå i trappor. Lite synd att flera belysningspunkter och en tv-kontroller inte fungerade -- det hade de kunnat kolla i förväg.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Ulf
SE
Good location. Good customer service.
3 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
HK
"Mycket bra läge"
Positivt överraskad.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Mau
SE
"Apartment without service"
1. The first time I have to take the room key at another place, not very close to the apartment 2. I did not know or be informed that the key pick up is another place when I make the reservation 3. Nobody clean up the room during my stay 4. Nobody give us new towel or other amenities even the toilet paper.
3 night romance trip Dec 15, 2013
9 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Dimitrova
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for My-Canning Street Apartments

"Brilliantly located, very comfortable place to stay with very helpful staff."
06/21/15 Tom N Galashiels, United Kingdom
I booked three apartments for a group of friends travelling from around the country for my wife's 30th birthday. From the off the staff could not have been more helpful. The admin was all fantastic and a lovely email a couple of days to go with details on transport,mp laces to go etc. the location is awesome; two minutes walk from a tram and bus stop, five minutes to George street and Princes street, this is in the heart of the west end and a perfect base for visiting Edinburgh. The apartments were nice and clean, a bit tired in some places if you looked hard but the simple things perfect; pint of milk in the fridge, coffee, tea, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets and free wifi. Don't get that in a very expensive hotel box room!
"Ideal Location - needs a revamp"
05/27/15 LauraW9876 Preston, United Kingdom
We stayed at this apartment from Friday to Sunday and I will not lie, at first we were a little taken aback that the apartment looked so much different to the photos on the website. The apartment was tired and in need a spruce up (cracks in the wall & on the windowsill throughout the apartment) the apartment was clean though, which is the main thing for me! The major downside of the apartment is that the 'double' bed was two single beds pushed together which were constantly splitting apart throughout the night which was extremley annoying. The bathroom was a good size and very modern with a large shower which was good. The apartment was also very hot and we were not able to turn the heating down even after following the instructions left in the apartment! The location of the apartment was brilliant and only a 10 minute walk in to the centre! I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this apartment, I would just love it more if the owners were to re-vamp and refresh the tired decoration and the beds!!
"Home away from home"
04/11/15 sirchan London
I stayed for 7 weeks here due to an extended work trip. The flat is exactly how it looks in the photos, modern and homely. The apartment I was in was huge compared to my colleagues. The best thing was the location. It's about 3 mins walk to West End Princes Street tram stop. 5 mins walk to the start of Princes St. For me personally I didn't like the duplex as I am lazy to climb the stairs but it does make the place feel like a home. The only other problem is that you have to climb some stairs to get to the apartment. I imagine it's quite common in Scotland as many are older historical buildings but not easy when you have 2 heavy suitcases. Then again you should only have to do that once on arrival and departure. It had underfloor throughout so it was very warm and cozy all through Jan - Mar. It had everything except for washing powder. Everything else including salt and pepper were provided! As serviced apartments go this is not bad for the price.
"nice apartment , good location"
03/26/15 J_August_West Albany, New York
The apartment was nice, clean and well maintained. Had a problem with the clothes washer but staff took care of right away. Lots of street noise in the ground floor bedrooms. Best showers in Scotland!
"Great apartment"
12/30/14 McDougall97 Scotland, United Kingdom
Was slightly worried about quality after reading some reviews but really had nothing to worry about! We weren't quite sure of Edinburgh + was taking our child so phoned office on morning of stay + asked if I could get code for safe to make key collection easier. The guy in office Damien was great and understanding of our position + asked for id to be emailed first + then he emailed me code for safe to collect key in hall of apartments. This was a lot easier than going to second address. When inside apartment we were pleasantly surprised. Very clean with milk left + sugar, tea bags + coffee - nice touch - living area was open plan in 1 bedroom apartment 18/3 - living room + kitchen downstairs + bedroom + bathroom upstairs. Everything needed even ironing board + iron + extra heater in cupboard in living room area - sound system great where you plug in I pod or phone + u can hear upstairs + also in bathroom! Loads of pots pans etc for home cooking + usual plates cutlery etc - even a washing machine + dishwasher - would be great if you there for a week or more. Downstairs looked onto houses that seemed empty + other window onto office block also very quite - moving upstairs - very modern wooden stairs - looked lovely + no problem for an 8 year old - bedroom was lovely - modern with old Windows, flat screen Tele on wall + storage built into wall under window - also cupboard for hanging + storing more clothes with nice wooden hangers - no cheap metal ones!! Bed was clean on arrival + relevant inspection was made!!! No hairs I'm pleased to say - hairdryer in cupboard in bedroom - moving onto bathroom - very modern square sink as per pictures + power shower with some shower gel + shampoo provided - lovely velux window on sloping wall - two toilet rolls provided + we were only 2 nights - 2 adults + 1 child - bedroom a bit hot though we opened window on second night + honestly never bothered to read manual as only there two nights. Manual provided on apartment was useful however could have provided more info on surrounding shops + General direction to walk for main drag! Was close enough to princes street though as we had an 8 year old + out at night got taxis though walked on Sunday morning + went past usher hall way only to check our phone + realise the Castle was round the corner!!! Taxi only cost 5-6 pound from princes street + 6-8 pound from opposite end ie Playhouse Theatre - was great at princes street with Xmas market + rides for kids + food stalls etc + we went ice skating in princes street gardens which cost 20.00 for 1 adult + 1 child - this was jam packed with loads of people falling over as ice was extra slidy due to adverse weather conditions!
"Couldn't have been better!"
12/22/14 Gemz2000 Nottingham
I stayed with a group of friends in 12/1 Canning Street and the apartment was amazing. It exceeded our expectations. Fantastic location. The apartment had underfloor heating which was great after you arrived back out of the cold but if you were stood getting ready to go out it was a little too hot. It wasn't clear how to turn this off - although I imagine if we'd have read through the welcome pack that information was in there. My only comment would be that there were too many switches in the apartment that we didn't know what they controlled. Obviously the light switches were obvious! Some friend's stayed in another apartment which was also really nice. Next time we visit Edinburgh we wouldn't give it a second thought staying here again. Highly recommend!
"Well located and like a home from home"
12/01/14 Bowera
My friend booked this for a weekend away. Had everything you need wifi, clean, was great. Only thing it lacked was a hair dryer it really did have everything else! Tea coffee and fresh milk on arrival! Would stay here again
"Great but not luxury! "
11/25/14 Gillian B
Just back from a weekend staying in these apartments. We were a party of 7 girls and stayed in a 3bedroom apartment which was nice & clean with 2 great bathrooms but 3rd bedroom was tiny with no room for anything other than the double bed in the room! Would describe the living area as small & bit tired nothing like the pictures on the website however the kitchen area was great & well equipped but I wouldn't describe these apartments as luxury! Location great just a short walk to trams & princess street.
"Not Luxury"
09/09/14 S6985BIKim Manchester, United Kingdom
Firstly we had booked a parking space which although secure is not on the nearby streets which would help to know beforehand with luggage. The directions to the parking were sketchy, again only half the postcode on the directions and we found eventually by luck and 3 telephone calls to the office for a full postcode. The apartment itself is in a good location, however we booked a 3 bedroom to sleep 3 couples. One room was spacious with storage/mirrors/wardrobe. The other 2 had no storage/wardrobe/mirrors. One couple had to hang clothes on a clothes airer and the third couple had to keep belongings in suitcases which had to be kept in the bathroom as not enough room to keep the case in the bedroom. The bathrooms were large but again no mirror in the second bathroom. No hooks anywhere to hang stuff. Door handles falling off on the bedroom and bathroom doors. The stairs had no covering so were really noisy. The blind in our bedroom was held down with string and curled up so basically was useless. We felt money had been spent on surround sound system and fancy lighting but not on the basics which would have made all the difference. After giving feedback directly to the rental company as requested and getting no acknowledgement I feel people should rent this apartment knowing exactly what they are (or are not) getting. Lastly the walls are that thin that we could hear every word the couple and their children were saying in the next apartment. The apartment would probably be ok for a family who can store all their stuff in one room but not for 3 couples. Also we couldnt work out how the apartments were secure as the same key opened the main front door and the apartment door and the main door accesses several apartments?
"Good accommodation in an excellent location"
09/04/14 jenmarsmart Hitchin, United Kingdom
The apartment was clean and well located - we could easily walk to Princes Street and the Castle - brilliant for the Tattoo. The seating was comfortable, if slippery, and the 'kitchen' area perfect for our modest needs. The bed was comfortable and the shower good, but we thought it a great pity no-one had bothered to repair the shower room door catch, which was missing, to replace the towel rail that had apparently come away from the wall (we could see where the holes had been filled) and to repair or replace the laundry box. It would have been very useful to have had a towel rail or two and some hooks in the shower room. Having read other reviews, we were concerned about gaining entrance to the apartment, and on the day before we set off (a Sunday) phoned Canning Street Apartments and asked them to call back. Then we called Superbreak with whom we had booked the break - they called back and said we would have to make our way out to the Head Offices of MyApartments to collect the key, which was a bit disappointing. However, we were then called back by a lovely young lady from MyApartments who told us we would be able to collect the key from a key safe outside the apartment building and who emailed detailed instructions and the keysafe number. This all worked extremely well and we had no trouble at all gaining access - thank you Fiona!