Score breakdown (from 2 reviews)
The following English reviews were posted by hotels.com guests from other countries:
Hotel room was actually a 2BR apt, 2 full baths, full kitchen, laundry. As such, no traditional hotel services. If you would rather stay in a clean comfortble 2BR apt than a hotel, this works fine - worked for us and our 3 kids. Large park on the lake 1/2 block away was handy as well.
Genuine Expedia guest review
Response by Lake Windermere Pointe
We’re glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our fully equipped vacation rental condos at Lake Windermere Pointe.
Yes, these condos are not set up like a typical hotel room. They are all privately owned condos that we manage and rent out on behalf of the owners. One of the great things about the condos is that they offer more space, amenities, convenience, and privacy than a typical hotel room. Not to mention having a fully equipped kitchen and BBQ so that you can prepare your own meals.
Hopefully you’ll come back and visit us again in the summer. The outdoor pool is a great place for the kids and the public beach and park is only a short walk away!
Stay away! This property is run by the lazy management company that threats you like dirt.
Facts (from personal experience):
- They expect you to take your garbage to the dumpster when you leave!
- To get the key and check-in you have to drive downtown, there is nobody on the site, EVER. When you arrive downtown, you find that your key is actually two access codes, that they could've just e-mailed ot SMS-ed to you. And if you forget your codes when going back late night - too bad, there is nobody there at the hotel to help you and office is closed.
- Parking door clicker and gym card are attached to a foot-long piece of wood, with "$200 if you looose" message on it.
- Place is covered by restricting signs ("DO NOT change freezer temperature!", "DO NOT..","FINE for ...", etc).
- Water there stinks. If you call to complain, you will get "We can't do anything" answer from management company.
- If you designated parking stall is occupied and you call to complain, you will get "We don't care and wont do anything, park somewhere else" answer from management company (this is actual answer I've got!).
- There is a lot of furtniture there, but place was not designed to make your stay comfortable. For example: there are NO hooks in bathroom to hang you clothes on, your bad is positioned right under noisy heating\cooling register, etc.
- There is no internet (despite what Expedia says).
- Carpets have nails coming through in doorways (if you complain - there will be no effect).
Genuine Expedia guest review
TripAdvisor reviews for Lake Windermere Pointe
Overall rating:TripAdvisor Traveller Rating: 3.5Based on 4 traveler reviews
Most recent traveler reviews:
This review is based strictly on the management staff of this property. I made a free cancellation booking through a third-party site, yet the property decided to charge me the full amount with complete disregard to the booking agreement. I called the property and they made up some new unwritten policy about Christmas bookings need to be paid right away. I complained to the third-party site, who were helpful to coordinate the dispute, but it still took me almost a month to get a refund. I would have been happy to stay and pay the property directly as per the agreement, but their communication and service was so poor that I cancelled. There is no way I will support a property that makes false claims and tries to argue that the customer was wrong. One day after I got the refund, the property reversed the refund and charged me the full amount again. Absolutely ridiculous! This management group hasn't the slightest clue when it comes to customer service. They are not nice or reasonable people. Do not waste your time here.
Each condo is privately owned. You cannot be moved to 'another room' willy nilly like a hotel may be able to do. Did the previous poster not realise that there is no front desk in the lobby?
Perhaps the listing as a hotel here is misleading.
Never ever try to complain about anything because the building manager will just tell you they will not do anything! You ask them then if you can just transfer to a different room and they will only tell you NO! So be prepared to be stressed on your vacation if you plan to stay here.
Our room was overlooking the lake, room was large, clean and modern. Food was excellent, we only stayed for one night, but would be more than happy to stay longer. Pool a bit on the small side but not a problem for us.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect Hotels.com’s position. Neither Hotels.com nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews