All hotels in Seminyak, Indonesia

Delicious food
    Rather comfortable
    Great pool
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Wonderful get away"
Beautiful little hotel near the beach and some really nice restaurants. But beach here not great and not quite close enough to shops and all. Wonderful place to stay in itself though and massage great even though a bit pricey. Way prefer this to the big mass-produced experiences.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great spot"
Lovely boutique hotel with excellent restaurant attached ..recommend upstairs suite ...wonderful !
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Earl
"Welcoming and well located"
We enjoyed three days' stay at The Colony Hotel. Building work in progress. - making a new restaurant - but an upgraded room and complimentary breakfast more than compensated . Fabulous staff, really helpful and unobtrusive, contributed to our relaxing stay. Great location. - close to beach, easy walk to Main Street. Highly recommended.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Fabulous Boutique Hotel"
This is a fabulous boutique hotel in a great location. Walking distance to the beach, Ku De Ta and some great little restaurants! The hotel itself is wonderful, very quiet, very clean and awesome service. My deluxe room was terrific, very comfortable bed, very well lit room which was great for reading my book (I didnt need my itty bitty book light), great aircon but if you didnt want aircon there was a fan about the bed! Satelite & cable TV was an added bonus, the bathroom was very spacious with lovely bathroom products for your use, bar fridge was big enough to stack your own supplies in it as well. There was adequate tea and coffee facilities in the room too. Breakfast was always nice! Definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone and everyone! Just beautiful!
6 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2013
DonelleD
"Lovely stay!"
We stayed at the Colony for a total of 6 nights during our honeymoon in Bali. It's a delightful boutique hotel (everything looks sparkling new) with an adults only policy - a great idea if you want peace & quiet around the pool! Staff are lovely, breakfasts are yummy, bathrooms are big & bright, location is in a trendy part of Seminyak near the beach & all the hot spots. Having said this, it's extremely peaceful inside the grounds of the hotel, you're unable to hear outside noise which is great! Top stay, we will be back!
3 night romance trip Oct 13, 2013
"Outstanding service and amenities"
The staff at The Colony are extremely friendly, eager to please, and helpful. Could not fault the service or the amenities. Breakfast was great and terrific value. The rooms are very well appointed, quiet and private. Serviced every day, turn down service, adequate minibar at very reasonable prices. The location is close to the beach, an easy walk to KuDeTa and restaurants, and the Seminyak shopping precinct is a very short walk through a access road to Seminyak Square, 5 mins away (don't walk the long way around Jl Laksmana). $2 cab ride to Jl Dhyana Pura. Hotel organised transfer back to the airport was excellent.
5 night trip Sep 25, 2013
David M
"A little slice of heaven"
The Colony Hotel is a haven of tranquility and luxury in the bustling and sometimes crazy world of Bali. It's nice to be able to shelter oneself from the hustle and bustle in a beautiful enclave. The Colony has a range of room sizes on offer including some fabulous suites. Staff are attentive without being obtrusive and the location can't be faulted being directly opposite the Samaya Beach resort. A wonderful hotel to stay. Highly recommended and good value for money.
4 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Frank K
"Comfortable, quiet boutique hotel"
Pros - Great location right smack in the middle of Seminyak. - Extremely quiet and private - perfect for a romantic getaway Cons - Wireless Internet was rather slow. Had to come out to the courtyard to get faster speeds - Fruits in fruit bowl in the room was not very fresh. Should be replaced daily.
2 night romance trip Aug 24, 2013
"Excellent location!"
Really enjoyed our two nights at the Colony and would have liked to stay a bit longer. At first we were worried that the hotel was quite small but it was perfect for a few nights. I probably wouldn't have wanted to stay more then 3-4 nights though because spending time by the pool might have become a bit boring. Excellent location right in the good part of seminyak- walk to sea circus (about 20 steps!), potato head, la lucciola etc. Beautiful rooms that are well fit out. Choice of pillows was nice! Amazing shower. Staff were very helpful with check in/ booking at restaurants.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Kystar
"The best hotel in Bali so far!"
My finace and I go to Bali 2-3 times per year and have stayed at a range of places - both hotels and villas. I cannot say enough good things about The Colony! It is a wonderful hotel - lovely pool that gets both sun and shade, comfy pool lounges and beds, excellent staff who were always on hand if you needed anything but not in your face. We had a junior suite and it was HUGE! The rooms are in excellent condition and kept super clean. Staff come in at least two times per day to clean up and replenish the free bottles of water provided by the hotel. The Colony is in an excellent location - 10min walk to the main shopping strip of Seminyak with restaurants like Rumours, Cafe Bali, Chandi etc. 5min walk to Kudeta, La Luciola, and the beach. I don't think we'll stay anywhere else in our future trips to Bali!
8 night romance trip Aug 3, 2013
Bel
"Amazing place"
Excellent hotel for those looking for a quiet night away from the bustle of Seminyak but within a few minutes walk to town. Great location close to the beach, temple and lots of restaurants. Hotel is extremely clean and well maintained with an incredible staff. Don't forget to check out Petitenget for breakfast right across from the temple. This hotel is a true gem and a must stay in Seminyak.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Maddy
"Nice Hotel - Good position."
Great small (20 rooms) hotel in good position in Seminyak.....right across the road from the beach, Samaya Resort & Breeze Restaurant and right next door to Sea Circus restaurant....great fresh food and Hotel Mexicana (restaurant) and Body Works just around the corner. In other words The Colony is in a great position and within walking distance of many other shops and restaurants. The staff were very helpful from booking restaurants, finding and ringing phone numbers for us, organising anything we wanted really and the breakfast was very good. The touch of bringing us without being asked, an iced water and an icy pole ice cream when we were lazing around the pool was very nice also. Would recommend staying there especially if you want a holiday without any children which is nice sometimes.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Fran
"Great little hotel"
We would highly recommend this little hotel. Only twenty rooms, The Colony is a luxurious respite from the hustle and bustle of Bali. So well placed, five minutes walk from Seminyak Square, five minutes walk from Ku De Ta and next door to Sea Circus. Couldn't have picked a better location! The rooms were gorgeous and whisper quiet. There were some hotel modifications going on when we stayed but we never heard a peep of construction noise the whole time. The staff were lovely and so accommodating. Pool area was great, no cocktails by the pool, which was actually good for the atmosphere of the hotel as the pool wasn't crowded with noisy drunkards. We took a quiet drink down there and no one seemed to mind. Especially recommend room 12, the views from the balcony are palatial.
4 night trip Jun 15, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

2 night romance trip Nov 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Colony Hotel Bali

"Lovely hotel but very quiet"
04/28/16 jus f Perth, Australia
We stayed for 2 nights at the beautiful Colony. POSITIVES - The hotel itself is stunning, I just wanted to take photos all day! - The rooms are clean and well maintained, bottles of water topped up constantly - Received an early (12pm) check-in - Breakfast, although simple, was all very tasty (although cold coffee) - Fantastic location - sea circus is right next door and motel mexicola just around the corner NEGATIVES - All 4 coffees I ordered were cold - On the second day our air conditioner broke in our room so they asked us to move all of our things to another room. They didn't offer any compensation to us after we spent half an hour moving. We ordered two beers as we were so hot from lugging all our belongings across the hotel and they even charged us for these. Might have been a nice good will gesture to offer them as compensation - We found the hotel way too quiet (appreciate this maybe a positive for some!) we had to whisper when talking to each other around the pool and I could hear the man in the lounger next to me breathing - On our first day all the loungers at the pool were taken so we were left to sit on the hard concrete floor - Pool is heavily chlorinated and after only half a day my skin was so dry
"PEACE"
04/28/16 Beatrice H
This hotel is amazing.. Staff members are kind, helpfull, friendly.. The room we had was perfect and perfectly cleaned.. Great location!!! 👍🏾 for the decoration! Maybe the breakfast could be better :/
"Beautiful intimate boutique hotel"
04/27/16 Emily C London, United Kingdom
I stayed at The Colony Hotel for a couple of nights as part of a weekend in Bali, and really enjoyed my stay! The hotel is within walking distance of the beach and Seminyak restaurants, but still feels very intimate and secluded. The rooms (which are all large and airy) are all based around the central pool; I think almost all of them have pool views but be aware that only a couple had balconies (if that's important to you). The beds are large and comfortable and the bathroom was airy with plenty of natural light (although a few of the fittings were a bit wobbly). Be aware there are very few power sockets in the bedroom!! I ended up unplugging one of the lamps to be able to charge my phone. The no-under-16s rule was really appreciated as the hotel is small, and I found all the other guests to be really friendly (the intimate layout of the hotel makes it feel more social). Breakfast is served next to the pool with a decent choice of options (although be aware the service is a little sluggish). Just be aware that due to the layout of the hotel, some of the sun loungers are not in the sun during the day - if you are a big sun worshipper you may prefer to go to the beach (only 5 mins walk away). There are plenty of sun loungers however (with complimentary towels) and the pool itself was mostly in the sun throughout the day.
"Superb Boutique hotel"
04/23/16 jodixpincott Potton, United Kingdom
My friend and I stayed at this hotel very recently sadly only for one night as we needed to be near the airport on our last day I Bali; it was absolutely fantastic! We had a ground floor twin room which lacked nothing with regards to our comfort; the bed was divine, the room was spacious and extremely well equipped! The infinity swimming pool was lovely and plenty big enough if you wanted to swim laps, but equally lovely if you just wanted to wallow! The breakfast was plentiful with loads of choice and delicious! I would definitely stay here again!
"Cozy, clean, comfortable and the best service!"
04/18/16 hh464 Copenhagen, Denmark
I stayed at Colony for the second time in March 2016 and I am already looking forward to my next stay. The location is great; close to the beach, restaurants and shops. The rooms are clean, good size and comfortable. The small hotel has a very nice pool and the staff is always close by to make the stay even better.
"Pristine Property in a Great Location"
04/07/16 nessams Sydney, Australia
Could this be the most pristine property in Seminayk? YES! This place is so gorgeous. It is quite small - 20 rooms i believe and they do not allow children under 16. I think this is a good policy given how small and intimate it is. The staff are lovely, breakfast was good the our room was great. The hotel is small but it never felt crowded. We had a deluxe room and it was very large and immaculate. Each night there was a turn down service and bottled water was refreshed each time. Our room was a downstairs room which i rarely like because generally you can hear the people above you moving around but it was fine at The Colony. Minimal noise and we slept well each night. Jari-Menari have a massage service here but book ahead and I was told they are men only therapists. The hotel is in the best location - a couple of minutes walk to the beach, sea circus and motel mexicola around the corner and there is a short cut up to Seminyak Square to the shopping/eating area. Impressed!
"Great service and wonderful location"
04/06/16 Deirdre M Maitland, Australia
My husband and I recently stayed at the Colony by default due to the fact that we both became ill with the flu while in Bali and we were not allowed to fly home at the end of our holiday. We had previously been staying in a villa in Seminyak but it was booked so we could not stay on there. We had been in Bali a number of times so knew the location of the Colony and liked it plus we liked the fact that it was a small hotel. It was so good to go into our room and know that everything would work, the air conditioning, the water for the shower etc and the Internet. The staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and organised ginger tea and food when we needed it and left us alone to get better. What a pity we both felt so unwell and didn't really take advantage of the location and beautiful pool. It is good value, well run, and I'd recommend it highly to people who want a comfortable,quiet, and private experience. The only down side because we were sick was that there was no food room service available at night. I don't think would have been an issue at all if we'd been well and it certainly wouldn't stop me going back!
"Wonerful small Hotel - like home"
04/04/16 Kisser P Copenhagen, Denmark
Wellcome home, the staff said, when I came back to this beautiful place for the 4th time. I do retreats in Bali every year and can highle recommend this little pearl in Seminyak. Friendly staff, a great manager, Tami, who is a dynamic, friendly and serviceminded woman. I fell greatefull to stay there.
"gorgeous place and location"
04/04/16 22mozart Townsville, Australia
Staff are fabulous ( sometimes struggle with translations) and go out of there way to accommodate you. Breakfast a little slow but there was a group of us at the time all presenting themselves at the one time. We were there for Nyepi Day and meals were taken care of and the level of service on that day was fantastic.
"Small, comfortable, & affordable"
04/03/16 Rachel D
My husband and I stayed in Legian and Ubud, and came across this gem for a last minute booking because we were both unfit to fly home. We stayed at The Colony for two nights, and enjoyed our stay! The pool is perfect- the size, location, and there are only 20 rooms, so the service and staff response times are superb. There was not one staff member we didn't like. The free breakfast was made to order every morning; the watermelon juice was quite refreshing. The location was walking distance to many great restaurants, i.e. Bambu, which is only a 5 minute walk away, and nightlife. The day of check-out, they let us check out at 3pm for free, stored all our luggage by the front desk, and offered us a shower with towels in the evening before we headed to the airport for our 1am flight. What service! The only two things we had trouble with were: unreliable wifi connection and a really hot bathroom (we had a room with a sky roof and it felt like a sauna in there). Otherwise, I highly recommend staying here if you are into that small, boutique hotel/bed & breakfast kind of feel. The price is totally worth it for Seminyak! Not to mention, it costs less than 100K rupiahs to get to the airport.