All hotels in Thirsk, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereFelixkirk, Thirsk, England, YO7 2DP, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Paradise in North Yorkshire!"
Excellent fantastic staff and fantastic service would highly reccomend !
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
karl

"Luxury in the country."
We had eaten here several times but this was our first stay. Excellent modern room with wonderful views across the vale of York. Very helpful and friendly staff, lovely meals: much more than a pub.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Won't disappoint."
We have stayed here several times and are never disappointed. Food and service and rooms excellent. Some of the comfiest beds ever. Highly recommended
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"An oasis of calm suitable for business or pleasure"
A lovely hotel. First class rooms and the staff were very attentive. I would thoroughly recommend this little gem.
1 night business trip Nov 26, 2014
"It's a must"
Excellent service and very friendly staff. Beautiful, peaceful location, perfect just when you need that little break. I will be returning.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
lesley
"Fantastic place"
I can't rate this highly enough. The garden rooms are wonderful. Loved the heated floor in the gorgeous bathroom. Facilities in the room include a cafetiere and ground coffee, and fresh milk in the fridge. Really comfortable bed. Liked the remote control for the blinds, and the patio doors to your private outside seating area. It would be good to come in the winter time and use the log effect fire in the room. Excellent food in the restaurant and great breakfast. We would definitely recommend it and will go again.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Sue
"Just an excellent place to stay allround"
We stayed for a Bank holiday weekend to walk in the North Yorks Moors - the welcome was excellent and the cheeriness of the staff can not be faulted. We had a room in the pub building above the bar, which was excellent and there was little noise from the bar below. Breakfast was first class and the restaurant in the evening had a good choice and was equally as tasty as the breakfast.
3 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Mike G
Had a lovely stay nice clean rooms very friendly helpful staff Meals are superb
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Jonathan
"Excellent Service"
We very much enjoyed our stay, the level of service in particular was excellent.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Great Place"
This place is amazing, the rooms are lush and the food is excellent. I always stay here and would fully recommend to anyone else.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Don
"Enjoyable overnight Stay with Dinner."
We had a wonderful overnight stay with Dinner, the weather, unfortunately came with heavy showers and we were not able to enjoy the terrace or facilities outside our room. Staff were very welcoming and we certainly would return and recommend friends.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Margaret
"Wonderful village pub"
Unexpectedly high standard of accommodation for a small village pub in the middle of amazing countryside. Perfect for a relaxing short break.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Fantastic service"
Great place for a weekend chill out, good food, excellent service from juniour up to senior nothing to much trouble. Scenery is beautiful, rooms very comfortable.
2 night romance trip Apr 18, 2014
"A brief but pleasant stay"
Although passing through on business, it was nice to stay at a hotel that resembled a well appointed holiday let rather than the hotel norm.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Stuart
"One of the better hotels."
Fantastic room , reasonbly priced food and good service.
1 night trip Nov 18, 2013
"Great food"
Everything about the hospitality, rooms and food was great. Thirsk is not necessarily the most beautiful part of Yorkshire, but a good place to stop on your way North.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Left us speechless when we saw the room.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2013
Immaculate, good service, clean and friendly, value for money and warm Yorkshire hospitality, thoroughly recommended
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Durkp1
"Amazing place"
A great, very modern and well equipped room. A really nice bar and restaurant with great food. Breakfast didn't start until 8am but I was in the area on business so had to leave by 8.00 but they were really accommodating and served me early and it was delicious. I wish I was there for leisure and could have stayed longer!
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2013
Geoff
What a fantastic find. A superb place to stay. Room excellent, staff most helpful and attentive and food first rate.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2013
Upon arrival made to feel very relaxed and very happy when upgraded to a garden room,Such a lovely stay
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2013
"Great food, perfect rooms"
great location, great food and lovely rooms
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Wonderful hotel and setting"
This hotel is in a beautiful setting very quiet and peaceful - on the edge of the Yorkshire moors and only about 20 miles from York. (you would need a car to get there) the gardens and rooms are great the restaurant is excellant and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. the rooms are fabulous and I wish we had been able to stay longer - I am hoping to get back there next year and to stay longer I would thoroughly recommend it.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
Married couple
Just an overnight stay BUT Great pub and hotel, friendly helpful staff. Room, bed, bathroom etc perfect. Food wonderful, very clean throughout. Smashing!
1 night trip May 11, 2013
quarrsussex
"Romantic hideaway."
We had a fab room with views looking over the country side. There is a private patio with the room we were given. Unfortunately due to the weather we were unable to put it to use. The rooms are well furnished and comfortable hanging a sofa and chairs. The bathroom is very spacious offering both a bath and walk in showe with the choice of two shower heads. Plenty of toiletries are available. Tea and coffee making facilities were excellent with a cafeteire also provided. Fresh milk is also available. The food is excellent. You cannot fault the service all staff extremely attentive and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble and respond to your needs quickly and efficiently. If there is one small criticism there were no face cloths in the bathroom. Breakfast had good choices something even for the most fussy eater. Again the staff at breakfast were professional and polite. Offering more tea/coffee and toast as required. Will define toy be staying again.
Other trip May 12, 2013
Joyce
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Derek
1 night trip Jun 10, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Carpenters Arms

"Little gem in the heart of the Yorkshire countryside"
06/01/15 Raven0011 Wetherby, United Kingdom
We visit near here quite regularly as we enjoy walking on the Cleveland Way near the White Horse at Kilburn. However we pass the sign on the main road and keep promising ourselves to call in. This we did on the first bank holiday in May to have a drink and a look as we knew it had a good reputation. Whilst we were there I suggested to my husband that we could come back for a nights stay for our 26th Wedding Anniversary. I asked if room was available and we booked. Later in the month I said it seemed a shame to stay just the Friday night as we could only go once he had finished work. I contacted back but unfortunately it was booked up. However my plans changed and my parents drove me up in time for lunch and I asked if there had possibly been a cancellation for the extra night, and yes there had. That morning I had not checked my emails but they had contacted me with the offer of the Saturday night for £99. Lunch with my parents was lovely the food was great and the staff attentive and very professional. I checked into the Garden View room after lunch and my parents went home. Thankfully my husband got away early from work and we were able to have a walk for a while along the country roads before dinner. The hotel has 10 rooms(8 which are in the garden) which are very well appointed for all seasons. A remote control fire for when its chilly your own patio for sitting outside. A walk -in shower plus bath, a very comfortable bed. T.V with DVD player sofa and comfy chairs. The room was immaculate. The very popular bar and restaurant have a great atmosphere and the chef produce's some great food. Excellent wine list. What more can I say? Thanks to Vicky and her staff for making our stay so enjoyable. I would recommend if you want to stay book well in advance and choose a Garden view room.
"Do not stay in the main building"
05/31/15 Richard S Knaresborough, United Kingdom
Stayed here last night with my fiance and it was the last room available, i phoned earlier in the day to make sure the room had a bath and was assured that all did... I was shown to the room which did not have a bath?? The staff were really good and we managed to swap rooms big mistake! The rooms are described as supre kings when reality they are two singles joined really comfortable if you like to actually cuddle up to your partner! It gets worse.... there was a constant smell of effluent from the bathroom and realised why someone had taken part of the floor up in there which was a shoddy job ii'm in the building trade and a perfectionist and my customers appreciate this. We had to open the bedroom window leave the bathroom door open and open the velux window to get rid of the stench! Really not what i would have expected from a provenance inn very disappointed is an understatement dirty marks all over the chaise longues too. This was supposed to be a special night but was a waste of a saturday night. Not happy about the outcome of this either after talking to the manager in charge as they obviously did not perceive how much this affected our relationship that night!
"Fabulous birthday suprise!"
05/25/15 Hilary S Bedale, United Kingdom
My husband took me to The Carpenters Arms for an overnight birthday surprise and it didn't disappoint. He had booked us into a garden view room which was absolutely delightful. The seating area outside, the honesty bar, the dressing gowns and amazing view all contributed to its special & luxury feel. We thoroughly enjoyed the real ale that was on offer whilst enjoying the lovely views. Dinner was a delight; excellent and attentive service, great food and tasty wine. Breakfast was equally as good and I didn't want to go home. We are big fans of Provenance Inns and this is now our favourite. Can't wait to go back!
"Lovely Rooms and Great Food!"
05/24/15 Chris S Bedale, United Kingdom
The en-suite rooms around the garden provide wonderful views up the vale of York which is only slightly marred by the odd pylon in the distance. Altogether the rooms are just lovely with a massive comfortable bed, a really nice bathroom, a sitting area and then just through the french windows, your own private (sort of) table and chairs in the garden. The food was REALLY good. I love to cook and even if I do say so myself, I'm not half bad at it so when I go somewhere to eat, I like to find food that is better than I can produce. The Carpenter's Arms does not disappoint at all. The portion sizes were just right, the wine was equally as good and not too badly priced either. The short version is that I really like this place and would happily return.
"Excellent Sunday lunch and dinner Monday night "
05/14/15 SusieWakefield Wakefield
We stopped off for lunch on our way to Helmsley and were made very welcome including our dog 🐶. We enjoyed it so much we returned on Monday evening for dinner.... Dinner was again excellent the goats cheese and beetroot salad was to die for... Again a very warm welcome for us and the dog.... We also met a lovely local couple and their delightful son Ryan who was so polite...a credit to his parents. We hope to return and stay next time!
"Excellent night"
05/12/15 yorkies05 york
This is our second visit, and it won't be the last. The food is beautiful and there is plenty of choice too. The staff are ever so helpful and lovely, nothing is too much trouble for them. The bedrooms are fantastic, so clean, well looked after and spacious. Can't wait to visit again .
"Dinner Bed and Breakfast"
05/12/15 Mademoiselle-Frenchy Harrogate, United Kingdom
My boyfriend and I tried the Carpenters Arm last week as a much needed break from stress, town noise and we just wanted to go somewhere relaxing yet very Yorkshire. The scenic route from Harrogate was stunning, and on arrivals plenty car parking space available, the setting was lovely with impressive view for miles and lovely little church and village. The check in is via the bar, then we were shown to our garden room. Very cute, big, clean and a feel of Holliday as soon as you enter. We did not want to leave. Went for dinner and it was lovely from pre drink in the bar, enthusiastic staff, start, mains (no place for pudding) and wine. The pub/restaurant is a really lovely setting and the view wonderful. Night sleep was great though not used to 6 foot bed. Shower was great with good pressure. The great touch? Fire place in the room!!! Would definitely be back but hopefully for a two night stay that time.
"A wonderful birthday treat."
04/19/15 jmystockton Stockton-on-Tees, UK
After staying at the Durham Ox on 3 occasions last year, we felt it was time for a change so when we wanted a special night away to celebrate my birthday, we booked in to the Carpenters Arms. From start to finish it was an excellent experience. We were in one of the Garden rooms which was very spacious & well equipped. It had a proper sitting area with a sofa, 2 chairs & a fireplace with a log-effect gas fire. On a chilly April day we made good use of this! Had the weather been better, the room had its own patio area with a table & chairs. The evening meal was lovely, well cooked & presented & the service was attentive without being intrusive. Breakfast was good too. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked a return visit next month as we were checking out, when we will be celebrating my partner's birthday. We're hoping we won't need the gas fire on during our next visit!
"Sunday carvery"
04/19/15 Leon-leela
The food was beautiful. The choice of three meats were all cooked well. The beef melted in your mouth! The vegatlbles were fresh and cooked well. The sweat was mouthwatering! The staff very friendly and very good with children. I was very impressed!!
"Stunning stay."
04/18/15 Andrew M
On the 11th of april. We stayed at the carpenters arms for one night excellent service stunning room and a fantastic evening meal stafford very helpful thoroughly enjoyed our stay will not hesitate to go again thanks andrew and lisa