All hotels in Kennebunk, Maine, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here77 Old Alewive Rd, Kennebunk, ME, 04043, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.9
"pretty good stay"
it was ok they can use some more towels in the bathroom but over all pretty good
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
william
"Quaint hotel in the woods"
After our cruise was cancelled, we decided to tour New England by car to view the Fall foliage. Kennebunk was our first stop and the Turnpike Motel was the most wallet friendly hotel we had viewed on Expedia. The outside of the hotel was clean and it reminded me of motels we used to stop at 50 years ago. The surprise was in how comfortable and clean the room was and the helpfulness of the woman at the front desk.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Grandma
"Satisfactory"
A no-frills, clean, neat room in a convenient location. Yes, it's practically *on* the highway, but the traffic is actually white noise that certainly didn't keep us awake. Proximity to a pleasant neighborhood where we could walk the two dogs we were travelling with (which is why we ended up staying here. Affordable, pet friendly accommodations are not easy to find.) For the money, we were satisfied.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Elaine
"quick stay"
Rustic and basic, but clean and convenient
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Cheap and clean"
The hotel was relatively cheap and clean, right off the highway in Kennebunk. It contained a wooden bar (no alcohol) and two stools, something I haven't seen in a hotel of this quality before.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Isolated, shady"
Isolated, right off the highway. Weird people stay in many rooms, maybe living there. One guy was watch TV all night, unfortunately in the connected room.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
matt
"Ended up not staying here once I got a look at it"
The owner was very nice and let me look at an upstairs room - she said the downstairs rooms would be too "smelly" since i asked for a non-smoking room. After viewing the room I chose not to stay. It is literally on the turnpike and looked like it would be pretty noisy. On drive-up, it looks like one of those motels that caters to people that lack stable housing. It seemed clean enough and parts of it looked updated, but overall quite tired and sad looking.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
EDS
"Staying on the turnpike, far from the beach."
You get what you pay for.
4 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Close to the highway"
The manager was very pleasant and the room was comfortable, although the towel rack in the bathroom.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Easy on & off the turnpike"
My overall experience was pleasant. Was impressed with the cleanliness of the room, although the furniture was somewhat 70's, the beds, pillows & linens were very comfy and clean. My only complaint is that the shower head was a bit too conservative, making washing long hair a long process.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"You get what you pay for!!!!"
Don't go if your allergic to cats!!! Gross pay the extra 30 dollars and stay somewhere with at least minimal cleanliness!
Other trip May 31, 2014
thesinna
"No thank you."
I don't have very high hotel standards, but this place was a dive. The sheets were old and had a funny smell. The place is just old and run down. It is really close to the turnpike (as mentioned in other reviews), but this didn't actually bother me much. I thought the worst part was the service! The lady at the front desk was about as rude as could be :{ I was completely taken back when she started snapping at me right of the bat. I spend the extra bucks on a nicer place if I was you.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
cj
"Very close to interstate!"
This hotel is located right between the interstate and the toll booth. Highway noise! The check-in was interesting because the lady at the counter didn't understand English. I had to write down my name so she could match the reservation. The room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom had no vent fan though, so we needed to open the bathroom window to allow the steam to escape.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Janice
"Pleasantly surprised."
After reading some of the reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm glad I took a chance. The room was clean and spacious, the staff friendly, and our stay pleasant. The location was convenient, right next to the turnpike. If your easily disturbed by traffic noise, this wouldn't be the place for you. I'll be back.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Affordable alternative"
Slightly below average motel. It was convenient because it was right off the highway but at the same time the highway noise was moderately loud. Some reasonable updating to this motel would be flattering. On a good note there were plenty of towels.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Tori
"Clean, courteous, no frill"
We were looking for an inexpensive, yet clean and safe place to spend the night near Kennybunkport and this filled the bill. However, if you're looking for the Four Seaon's this isn't the place for you.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
JH
"Scary place to stay"
The only thing nice about this place was the kind lady at check in. Otherwise it's a no stay, no way!!! Freeway right there no guard rails! Can't believe my husband booked this. Never again!!!
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Pleasantly surprised"
I didn't expect much due to last minute booking and the name, however the room was quaint and clean. I would stay here again. Cozy, cute, and convenient to 95. Only 15 MINUTES TO OOB.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Good price compared to the rest in the area"
A friend was having their wedding at a resort in town and rooms were $450 a night. This motel was only six miles away, so I was fine saving the money staying here. However, the first room I was in was filthy and old and not updated. The second room, with the king bed, was much better.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Christie
"Convenience above all=near to beach towns"
Good price...old-fashioned motel that is quite serviceable.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
"Bring your own bedding"
Otherwise room was clean. Weird bad smell in hallway when you walk by,that any normal owner would have rectified at this point. Stay on the second floor if u have a choice because of the turnpike noise, you have the hallway that gives you a little buffer. Sturdy vintagy furniture and everything was working, but tacky with newer purple art for example. Handy little fridge and old tv, but it works. Mattress would not be accepted at Salvation Army, bedding cheap, old and awful. I wouldn't stay here with my girlfriend.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
"Dated but clean."
The Turnpike Motel is convenient for quick off/ on highway travel. Don't stay here if road noise bothers you. The decor is dated but clean and has some unique features. Staff was accommodating. Not a lot right around it, but not a far ride to restaurants, etc.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Couple heading North to Acadia
"A good value"
The first room we were given smelled heavily of smoke even though it was non-smoking. The owner kindly and quickly moved us to a different room, no questions asked. The second room was much better and very clean.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2013
"On the highway"
The staff was extremely friendly... but overpriced.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"If you must get off the highway"
You could not get any closer to I-95! Need I say more,.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Snowy
"It served its purpose"
Since we weren't expecting a lot, we basically got what we paid for. It wasn't extremely close to our target area, but closer hotels were much more pricey. We didn't find noise to be a problem at all. It worked out fine for us, but we probably wouldn't recommend it to friends. It could be a very cute place, but is generally in need of repair.
2 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2013
Satisfied
"Not bad, but probably never again"
First reaction to the place? "OH HECK NO!" The place looked old and just... off. There was an old, closed up smell in the hall and I was sure the room was going to be horrible. But I was wrong. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the sheets were clean and the room smelled fine. I'd probably pick something a bit nicer if I'm ever in that area again though. It was nice that it was right off the highway and we didn't really hear the trucks go by at all.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"Convenient for overnight when traveling"
Turn off highway is sharp. Miss it and you end up in rest stop. Had to go another few miles and come back and almost missed the sharp turnoff again. Staff was very pleasant and I slept well. Note the 11AM checkout!
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Ok for an overnight"
Huge room. Dated decor, but interesting. Mix of wood, flowered theme, etc. Very nice wooden block counter. Had a couple of older chairs in the room. Right off turnpike...easy to get back on. Rate was lower than others around, probably about right.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Eddie
"Much nicer than expected"
We were expecting a standard roadside motel. Instead, we found a very well maintained room with a mix of rural Maine touches (solid wood bar, oversized wooden desk) and modern Scandinavian design (bathroom, bed). The woman that runs the motel is also friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
"Nice stay. Why pay more?"
The motel room had the A/C when I got there. The room includes a mini fridge. The bathroom had shampoo (unlike Motel 6). It's right off the highway, but in a residential area so you will have to drive to get food. Noise from the nearby highway wasn't bad, but I'd suggest to bring earplugs. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"to far from beach"
with not having a key until late so we could not even unpack was not so nice!
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
sid
"The Dump"
This is one of the worst places I have stayed at. It was totally filthy and smelled. Needs to be painted and refurbished. Also was very noisy.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
kay
"A Solid Stay"
It's an old hotel with no frills. But it provided a clean, spacious room, beds that were comfortable and the lady at the desk was very helpful and courteous. We arrived shortly before 1am and woke the poor woman up but she was most accommodating and helpful to us. I don't need bells and whistles and everything I needed I received.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
"Back to the 50's"
Never met the manager "HY" The girl that cleaned tried to make us comfortable. Beds need new mattresses . Rooms were veryyyyyyy noisy from traffic.. Hotel /motel needs MAJOR facelift. it was a travel back into the 50's. Now I understand why so cheap. Was good enough for 2 nights. Weren's in room that long.
Other trip Dec 4, 2012
"Convience only"
Not at all what I expected. Had reserved a room that was suppose to have king size bed and ended up with a double. Was told that they do not have any king size beds.... only double in the whole place. Advised that was advertised as king and paid more for it ... no adjustment was made.
Other trip Oct 11, 2012
"Just fine, for a budget motel"
The room was clean and comfortable; everything worked. The only problem was a high whining noise seeming to come from the next room
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
"Nice overnight stay"
motel is old and could use some updating but a pleasant overnight stay. Front desk lady was very friendly and helpful. would stay again.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
Worse place I've stayed in a very long time...the phone didn't work..the outlet in bathroom didn't work...no ashtrays in a smoking room...the sheets had stains on them,that certainly washn't what I had expected..the fridge was turn off...Wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone...They really need to upgrade if they want to stay in business...
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
"Below expections"
Room was acceptable. Shower did not function properly. Hotel was located next to freeway some distance from any facilities. Hotel surroundings were unattractive. Low cost did not compensate for experience.
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
"One Nighter"
We went overnight for a wedding in Kennebunkport. Being the fact that it was midsummer and a Saturday, most hotels in the area required a two night minimum and were a bit pricey. This hotel was fine. It was clean and served the purpose, a place close to wedding, for us to sleep. There was nothing fancy about. The highway was right behind the hotel and the toll booth was in front of it. We were not disturbed or woken up by either factor. The family that run it were very pleasant.
Other trip Aug 15, 2012
"Very disappointing stay"
We were told it was a nonsmoking room but it smelled horribly of smoke. When we complained to Expedia they called the hotel. The owner offered to put us in another room but after showing us the other rooms they smelled of smoke also. The owner said he can't be responsible for what people do in his rooms, but we feel they should clean rhe rooms thoroughly after discovering people smoke in them before they sell them as nonsmoking rooms.
Other trip Aug 14, 2012
Hotel is very dated.
Business trip Aug 3, 2012

"TURNPIKE HOTEL"
If you can stay elsewhere GO! Stayed in older hotel in SACO not far from Kennebeck and it was far better. The owner seemed nice enough, but she really needs to do something about the overall maintenance and cleanliness of the place.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"surprise"
we arrived at the hotel and the 80's facade was a little surprising but the manager on duty was very friendly. our room was still obviously done in the 80's but it was clean and the king bed very comfortable, walls were solid and noise was impenetrable.Someone spent a lot of money on this hotel back in the day its solid if stuck but I would use it again.The cats are beautiful if not so friendly, sort of like Grumpy Cat.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
sandy fitzpatrick
"ok, but would not go back"
It was ok, the noise is not that bad once the a/c is on, but the place is not really clean, or it doesn't seem to be. The lady was nice, but i'm not sure I would go back....
2 night trip Aug 19, 2013
Karine
"Pleasantly surprised!"
Judging from previous experience in motels we were pleasantly surprised by the room as it was big & comfortable. We stayed for eight nights and got more than we expected. Sheets & towels were changed every day. The personnel was very helpful and always ready to accommodate all our needs.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Harris
"Paid less for better"
Do not book here. The owner/operator does not know how to use a computer, so they will not know you are coming and you may not have a room waiting for you. We booked a non-smoking king deluxe room with free wifi. We showed up, and the lady at the desk had no idea who we were. This had obviously happened many times before, because she gave us one of the last remaining rooms without any hassle. The room had one double bed, no working phone, no wifi, was run-down (stained walls, roof), bathroom door wouldn't stay closed, etc. The worst: the room reeked of cigarette butts (as did us and our stuff when we left the next morning as soon as we woke up). We had no way of contacting hotels.com either to cancel or correct, as our room phone didn't work and we were on a roadtrip so using our cells would have cost more than the room.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2012
Simon

"Ikkedet bedste hotel men store værelser"
Mørkt og ikke så pæne værelser. Ikke den store service ved check in. Ville nok finde et andet hotel næste gang.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Maja
DK
"Très grande chambre !!!"
Le GPS a dépassé l'hôtel, heureusement j'avais vu les photos en réservant la chambre. La chambre est tout simplement super grande et le style est vraiment à l'ancienne. À l'entrée, il y a un placard et un bar avec des tabourets ainsi qu'un réfrigérateur et un micro onde. Ensuite, un lit king, deux tables de chevet, un bureau et un fauteuil, la salle de bain est juste en face du bureau. La climatisation est encastrée comme en France lol. La télé est en revanche comme la décoration a l'ancienne, un écran plat certes, mais de petite taille. Oui , j'y retournerai car l'espace disponible dans la chambre est un vrai luxe à petit prix ! Oui, il y a un péage pour aller vers Portland juste en face de l'hôtel mais 1$ de péage ce n'est pas la fin du monde.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014