All hotels in Kennebunk, Maine, United States of America
4 Turnpike Road North, Kennebunk, ME, 04043, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Rather comfortable
    Room is all right
    Decent vibe
    Bad internet service
"Smelled of Smoke"
The entire upstairs smelled like smoke! Our clothes reeked when we got home. Also, the desk attendant/owner made a statement about how busy they were that night and implied that it was a real bother to have to open up the extra rooms upstairs.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
"Nice people"
The motel room clean, warm, hot water real good, towels delivered daily. Now comfort of bed, lumpy. Hurt my back. Pillows were feather pillows and just sank to nothing when you put your head on it. No phone in room. Alarm clock not working.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Good for short stay"
The hotel was clean,it was lacking in some amenties...no soap or shampoo for shower,not enough towels.no hair dryer The lock on our door did not work,
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
"Turnpike Motel"
The room was clean and fairly quiet. We had the turnpike on one side and the exit ramp on the other. At no time was the noise bothersome. The hallway smelled fairly strongly of cooking but it didn't enter the room. The outside staircase didn't have a light and that meant some care in climbing the stairs. We could have used the inside staircase but chose not to do so. The curtains were very thin and didn't stop any light so we used a bedspread to cover it so we didn't wake with the sun. the toilet and shower were in a separate small room, not much space, but adequate. In spite of how it sounds we had a comfortable room, but think I'd spend a little more next time for something a bit better. I got what I paid for.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Steele
Very pleased. The staff was informative and helpful. The room was perfect. Will definitely be back!
1 night trip with friends Aug 18, 2015
Elizabetg
"Conveniently located and friendly people."
We were attending a family gathering nearby and needed a place for three people and a dog. We could not have wished for a more convenient location for our three night stay. This was perfect for our needs and the staff was friendly and courteous.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"EXCELLENT LOCATION & GREAT PEOPLE !!!"
We are SO going back there, very soon !!! We had a great time !!! The young lady at the office was a true delight, very personable & helpful !!! If you don't wish to waste your money on over priced B & B's or Jacuzzis & bells/whistles, but DO want quiet, comfort, charm & peace THIS IS YOUR PLACE !!! Highly recommended !!! Thank you Turnpike Motel Staff & Owner !!! Our honeymoon was very memorable thanks to you guys & a peaceful stay !!!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Dyanne & Paul
"5 minutes from Bentley's saloon in Arundel"
Clean room, comfortable linens , good choice of TV channels
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Humble but pleasant."
The motel was in an old style - rather quirky- but it was clean and comfortable and flowers were planted all around. Not cheap, but compared to other Kennebunk options, a bargain. Staff was helpful and pleasant - providing an iron when asked (no ironing board, but we managed). The building was caught between an Interstate and its toll plaza, so it was pretty noisy, but a front yard of trees and grass and picnic tables and planters of flowers mitigated the effect.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"pretty good stay"
it was ok they can use some more towels in the bathroom but over all pretty good
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
william
"Quaint hotel in the woods"
After our cruise was cancelled, we decided to tour New England by car to view the Fall foliage. Kennebunk was our first stop and the Turnpike Motel was the most wallet friendly hotel we had viewed on Expedia. The outside of the hotel was clean and it reminded me of motels we used to stop at 50 years ago. The surprise was in how comfortable and clean the room was and the helpfulness of the woman at the front desk.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Grandma
"Satisfactory"
A no-frills, clean, neat room in a convenient location. Yes, it's practically *on* the highway, but the traffic is actually white noise that certainly didn't keep us awake. Proximity to a pleasant neighborhood where we could walk the two dogs we were travelling with (which is why we ended up staying here. Affordable, pet friendly accommodations are not easy to find.) For the money, we were satisfied.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Elaine
"quick stay"
Rustic and basic, but clean and convenient
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Cheap and clean"
The hotel was relatively cheap and clean, right off the highway in Kennebunk. It contained a wooden bar (no alcohol) and two stools, something I haven't seen in a hotel of this quality before.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Isolated, shady"
Isolated, right off the highway. Weird people stay in many rooms, maybe living there. One guy was watch TV all night, unfortunately in the connected room.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
matt
"Ended up not staying here once I got a look at it"
The owner was very nice and let me look at an upstairs room - she said the downstairs rooms would be too "smelly" since i asked for a non-smoking room. After viewing the room I chose not to stay. It is literally on the turnpike and looked like it would be pretty noisy. On drive-up, it looks like one of those motels that caters to people that lack stable housing. It seemed clean enough and parts of it looked updated, but overall quite tired and sad looking.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
EDS
"Staying on the turnpike, far from the beach."
You get what you pay for.
4 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Close to the highway"
The manager was very pleasant and the room was comfortable, although the towel rack in the bathroom.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Easy on & off the turnpike"
My overall experience was pleasant. Was impressed with the cleanliness of the room, although the furniture was somewhat 70's, the beds, pillows & linens were very comfy and clean. My only complaint is that the shower head was a bit too conservative, making washing long hair a long process.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"You get what you pay for!!!!"
Don't go if your allergic to cats!!! Gross pay the extra 30 dollars and stay somewhere with at least minimal cleanliness!
Other trip May 31, 2014
thesinna
"No thank you."
I don't have very high hotel standards, but this place was a dive. The sheets were old and had a funny smell. The place is just old and run down. It is really close to the turnpike (as mentioned in other reviews), but this didn't actually bother me much. I thought the worst part was the service! The lady at the front desk was about as rude as could be :{ I was completely taken back when she started snapping at me right of the bat. I spend the extra bucks on a nicer place if I was you.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
cj
"Very close to interstate!"
This hotel is located right between the interstate and the toll booth. Highway noise! The check-in was interesting because the lady at the counter didn't understand English. I had to write down my name so she could match the reservation. The room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom had no vent fan though, so we needed to open the bathroom window to allow the steam to escape.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Janice
"Pleasantly surprised."
After reading some of the reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm glad I took a chance. The room was clean and spacious, the staff friendly, and our stay pleasant. The location was convenient, right next to the turnpike. If your easily disturbed by traffic noise, this wouldn't be the place for you. I'll be back.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Affordable alternative"
Slightly below average motel. It was convenient because it was right off the highway but at the same time the highway noise was moderately loud. Some reasonable updating to this motel would be flattering. On a good note there were plenty of towels.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Tori
"Clean, courteous, no frill"
We were looking for an inexpensive, yet clean and safe place to spend the night near Kennybunkport and this filled the bill. However, if you're looking for the Four Seaon's this isn't the place for you.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
JH
"Scary place to stay"
The only thing nice about this place was the kind lady at check in. Otherwise it's a no stay, no way!!! Freeway right there no guard rails! Can't believe my husband booked this. Never again!!!
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Pleasantly surprised"
I didn't expect much due to last minute booking and the name, however the room was quaint and clean. I would stay here again. Cozy, cute, and convenient to 95. Only 15 MINUTES TO OOB.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Good price compared to the rest in the area"
A friend was having their wedding at a resort in town and rooms were $450 a night. This motel was only six miles away, so I was fine saving the money staying here. However, the first room I was in was filthy and old and not updated. The second room, with the king bed, was much better.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Christie
"Convenience above all=near to beach towns"
Good price...old-fashioned motel that is quite serviceable.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
"Bring your own bedding"
Otherwise room was clean. Weird bad smell in hallway when you walk by,that any normal owner would have rectified at this point. Stay on the second floor if u have a choice because of the turnpike noise, you have the hallway that gives you a little buffer. Sturdy vintagy furniture and everything was working, but tacky with newer purple art for example. Handy little fridge and old tv, but it works. Mattress would not be accepted at Salvation Army, bedding cheap, old and awful. I wouldn't stay here with my girlfriend.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
"Dated but clean."
The Turnpike Motel is convenient for quick off/ on highway travel. Don't stay here if road noise bothers you. The decor is dated but clean and has some unique features. Staff was accommodating. Not a lot right around it, but not a far ride to restaurants, etc.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Couple heading North to Acadia
"A good value"
The first room we were given smelled heavily of smoke even though it was non-smoking. The owner kindly and quickly moved us to a different room, no questions asked. The second room was much better and very clean.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2013
"On the highway"
The staff was extremely friendly... but overpriced.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"If you must get off the highway"
You could not get any closer to I-95! Need I say more,.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Snowy
"It served its purpose"
Since we weren't expecting a lot, we basically got what we paid for. It wasn't extremely close to our target area, but closer hotels were much more pricey. We didn't find noise to be a problem at all. It worked out fine for us, but we probably wouldn't recommend it to friends. It could be a very cute place, but is generally in need of repair.
2 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2013
Satisfied
"Not bad, but probably never again"
First reaction to the place? "OH HECK NO!" The place looked old and just... off. There was an old, closed up smell in the hall and I was sure the room was going to be horrible. But I was wrong. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the sheets were clean and the room smelled fine. I'd probably pick something a bit nicer if I'm ever in that area again though. It was nice that it was right off the highway and we didn't really hear the trucks go by at all.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"Convenient for overnight when traveling"
Turn off highway is sharp. Miss it and you end up in rest stop. Had to go another few miles and come back and almost missed the sharp turnoff again. Staff was very pleasant and I slept well. Note the 11AM checkout!
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Ok for an overnight"
Huge room. Dated decor, but interesting. Mix of wood, flowered theme, etc. Very nice wooden block counter. Had a couple of older chairs in the room. Right off turnpike...easy to get back on. Rate was lower than others around, probably about right.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Eddie
"Much nicer than expected"
We were expecting a standard roadside motel. Instead, we found a very well maintained room with a mix of rural Maine touches (solid wood bar, oversized wooden desk) and modern Scandinavian design (bathroom, bed). The woman that runs the motel is also friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
"Nice stay. Why pay more?"
The motel room had the A/C when I got there. The room includes a mini fridge. The bathroom had shampoo (unlike Motel 6). It's right off the highway, but in a residential area so you will have to drive to get food. Noise from the nearby highway wasn't bad, but I'd suggest to bring earplugs. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"to far from beach"
with not having a key until late so we could not even unpack was not so nice!
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
sid
"The Dump"
This is one of the worst places I have stayed at. It was totally filthy and smelled. Needs to be painted and refurbished. Also was very noisy.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
kay
"A Solid Stay"
It's an old hotel with no frills. But it provided a clean, spacious room, beds that were comfortable and the lady at the desk was very helpful and courteous. We arrived shortly before 1am and woke the poor woman up but she was most accommodating and helpful to us. I don't need bells and whistles and everything I needed I received.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013

"Great value"
Charming decor inside and out. Clean room. Very nice staff. Nice sitting area in front with a bbq. Great place to use as a base for trip to kennebunkport or old orchard beach.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
susan
"Fine room for the low price"
Old motel, backs onto turnpike, dated, rooms smell a little bit and bathtubs need replacement. Yet the rooms are big, beds are comfortable and the price is right!
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Mitchell
"TURNPIKE HOTEL"
If you can stay elsewhere GO! Stayed in older hotel in SACO not far from Kennebeck and it was far better. The owner seemed nice enough, but she really needs to do something about the overall maintenance and cleanliness of the place.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"surprise"
we arrived at the hotel and the 80's facade was a little surprising but the manager on duty was very friendly. our room was still obviously done in the 80's but it was clean and the king bed very comfortable, walls were solid and noise was impenetrable.Someone spent a lot of money on this hotel back in the day its solid if stuck but I would use it again.The cats are beautiful if not so friendly, sort of like Grumpy Cat.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
sandy fitzpatrick
"ok, but would not go back"
It was ok, the noise is not that bad once the a/c is on, but the place is not really clean, or it doesn't seem to be. The lady was nice, but i'm not sure I would go back....
2 night trip Aug 19, 2013
Karine
"Pleasantly surprised!"
Judging from previous experience in motels we were pleasantly surprised by the room as it was big & comfortable. We stayed for eight nights and got more than we expected. Sheets & towels were changed every day. The personnel was very helpful and always ready to accommodate all our needs.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Harris

"Motel direkt neben dem Highway"
Man hätte es sich denken können, dass es direkt neben dem Interstate-Highway ziemlich laut sein würde, das war dann auch so. Der Service ist sehr unkompliziert und man ist sehr hilfreich. Es ist alles soweit sauber, die Decken und das Bettzeug haben aber schon ein beträchtliches Alter und sind nicht sehr angenehm. Als Übernachtungsstation vor der Weiterreise kann man es akzeptieren.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015