All hotels in Cannon Beach, Oregon, United States of America
188 Sunset Blvd, Cannon Beach, OR, 97110, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.9
    2.4
Hotel facilities very nice and the staff was very friendly!
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Every the else was booked"
Thin walls and old looking on the outside and in. Didn't have much choice as it was peak season and everything else seemed to be booked. I guess this place had vacancy for a reason. Adequate for a quick one night stay.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"Do Not Stay Here"
Wow TV was broken, WIFI not working, Surley front desk, Place in need of upgrades!!!
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Big nice room"
We had two big rooms with full kitchen. It was very clean, just block away from the beach. Would go again to the same place if that was not for the noisy fridge and terrible bed.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
"Stay away. There are other nicer lodgings!"
The sheets were dirty, there was no land line phone service or internet!
Other trip Nov 14, 2012
"Looks abandoned. Stay away."
The exterior of the building looked like it was abandoned. Not condemned, but looked like it could be well on it's way towards that.
Other trip Nov 2, 2012
"Not worth the money"
The room was clean, but worn out and stuffy. After checking in at the office (which is at a different location), we went to our room and realized the heat was off. After a bit of back and forth between the office and hotels.com, we realized the heater was broken. At that point, no one was at the office so we ended up staying the night at a different hotel. I can say that the person in the office the next morning was decent enough to refund us our money.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2012
Ali
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2012

1 night family trip Jul 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Sunset Inn

"Great on a Budget"
05/18/15 Brian C
My girlfriend and I decided to do a last minute trip to Cannon Beach for the weekend. We made a few phone calls on the day of and found extremely affordable availability at this hotel so we booked it before having the chance to do any online research. Reading the other reviews now, I've come to a few conclusions. In the last year the Sunset Inn was clearly purchased by Vacasa and it appears that they've done all the basic things to address any previously listed complaints/concerns. We stayed in room 137 which had a fresh coat of paint on the walls, was clean and tidy and there was no odour of smoke/stink that others had mentioned. We had two beds that were clean and comfortable, a kitchen, dining area and single bathroom with tub. The bathroom was clean and seemed to have a new tub/shower (I think the kind that fits over the old one). We didn't use our kitchen much but it had all the essentials (no wine glasses). The TV was a tube tv but we never turned it on anyways. The Wifi was free but VERY slow, almost not usable and I didn't have any cellphone reception whatsoever. A previous reviewer mentioned not having a coffee filter but we had one, so no problems there. One thing I didn't like was they had a few air fresheners in the room so it smelled like Hawaii in there, clearly trying to address odour complaints. I unplugged them and found our room was odour free and better off without it. We stayed for two nights and didn't receive any housekeeping after our first night, but I'm not sure if we were supposed to or not. It wasn't an issue for us as we had enough towels etc to last. Parking was free but I think it usually is in Cannon Beach. Clearly Vacasa has tried to clean this place up and they've done a decent "quick" job. We've defiantly stayed in nicer places but for 1/3 of some of the other places this joint was fine by us. I would stay here again, and I assume Vacasa will continue to make improvements here.
"disgusting!!!!!!"
04/13/15 Sara S
First off getting there it took 15 minutes trying to figure out the old key lock boxes they needed Wd40 or something because you could not get them open for the life of you. The room smelled of mold or stale smoke so bad that all my clothes we wore throught he weekend smelled so bad and we had to wash everything as soon as we got home not only because of the smell but because the room was so nasty that I am sure they had bed bugs. There was dog hair all over the floor. The remote was missing for the tv finaly we found it under neath the dvd player and then the directions to use the tv told us to use the input button and the remote didnt even have an input button so we spent another 20 min looking for another remote when finaly we found out that we just needed to turn the dvd player off. There was hair all over in the bath tub. The pillows had stained drewel all over them. The walls were so thin that you could hear the kids upstairs running back and forth (which I believe lived there). They have like 8 units and only 3 were full and everyone else in town was booked because we spent all day sat looking for a new room to stay in. The neigbors beside us woke us at 6am singing we are your sunshine your only sunshine. A dog barking in the same room at all hours. The bathroom sink would not drain. We had to use a cup to drain it after brushing our teeth. The key had to be put back into the lock box before we could leave which took another 15 mintues to figure out. Terriable experience! Rained most of the weekend so we had to spend alot of time at resturants drinking coffee because we could not stay in our room with the smell. You should request your money back and I would have if we had cell service to call them and we would of went and slept on my sisters floor in seaside.
"It's available for a reason."
09/11/14 Patrick K
Cheap rates for Cannon Beach, but needs some attention. Beds are sagging to the center. Exterior garbage cans next to rooms were filled to the max with no closure to keep raccoons out; garbage everywhere in the morning. Blinds were falling off in one room, no screen in the main room. No coffee filters for the machine. Noisy location; highway 101 and right next to the highway entrance/exit. On the plus side it's relatively spacious and could work for someone on a really tight budget who can sleep through anything or on anything.
"Smelly and old"
04/13/14 hollymarie1216 Bonney Lake, Washington
We booked this with haystack lodgings but by the timerour reservation came around it had been purchased by vacasa. It looked like they just slapped on a coat of paint. It smelled like an old musty smokers room. It was so bad we had to wash everything when we got home because it reeked of the room. The bathroom shower walls were coming off and the calking was moldy. Also, we were only one of two guests in the about 8 units and thank goodness there was no one above us. Our floors were so loud and echoed so much I can only imagine what the top floor sounded like. Needless to say, disappointing. Location was ok. Not walking distance to cannon beach town.