All hotels in Munich, Germany

Poor value for money
    Uncomfortable
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
We would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Dec 2, 2015
Brent
"Weekend stay in Munich"
Perfect location in the heart of the city.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
"Perfect Munich Hotel"
Perfect location. Great staff! Definitely come again
3 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Pamela
"v nice stuff ,, v good hotel"
v nice
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Mostafa
"v nice"
Excellent
4 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
mostafa
"Cannot beat the location"
Conveniently located to old town (Marien Platz, Hofbrauhaus) and shopping area. We were on vacation and the room felt somewhat utilitarian. Overall, reasonable value for the convenience of the location.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Kenneth
Nothing remarkable about the hotel. Expensive for average hotel.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Nicaragua folks"
Excellent. The staff was friendly, helpful and gracious. Perfect location. Walk anywhere in less than 15 minutes.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Great service and fantastic location"
My friend and I stayed for five nights, and had a great time. The room was a bit small and had two single beds, but was clean and big enough for the two of us. The hotel service was polite and helpful, and the location can't be beat. We checked in a couple of hours early, and it was great after a long flight to find that our room was ready for us. Finally, as someone who knows very little German, I found it helpful that the hotel staff knew English. This hotel doesn't have a lot of amenities (like a gym, or a huge television in each guest room), but it is perfect for individuals looking for a clean and friendly place to relax each night after long days of sight-seeing. I'd definitely recommend, and would have no issues returning.
5 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Sara
Great hotel, very accommodating. I really enjoyed my stay and would rebook
Other trip May 14, 2015
"location great"
There was noisy construction and front desk would not even consider moving us. Front desk ( espcially the one woman that was there most of the time) was not very friendly at all. Often felt like any questions we had were a bother - even though we had pre-paid for 5 nights. Beds were ok - sheets kind of scratchy. Rooms very warm and could only decrease temp to 70 degrees. We wouldn't likely stay there again.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Very nice small hotel. We loved our room. Location is perfect.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Great location close to the opera."
Enjoyed the hotel restaurant. Had excellent caprese salad and delicious pizza.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Judy
"The Heart of Munich"
An der Oper is a perfectly situated quaint boutique accommodation. From the high-end shops on MaximilianStrasse to the infamous Hofbrauhaus around the corner, everything worth seeing in a short trip is only steps away. The hotel is small-ish, but every evening when I returned it felt Iike I was coming home. Staff is excellent and very helpful in accessing area activities.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Craigers
"Cologne-rich towels & Nightclub"
While the location is great, my towels smelled like someone had already used them to wipe off extra layers of Drakkar cologne. The hotel staff also failed to mention that a nightclub next door like to play heavy-base rich tracks until 4 in the morning, a problem even if you are getting up at that ungodly hour to catch a flight (which I did).
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Toby
"Loved Hotel An Der Oper. Convenient to everything."
I loved this hotel and would happily return. The location is perfect. Marienplatz is a quick few footsteps away. The Hofbrau House is even closer. Fantastic shopping is available on nearby Maximillian Strasse. And there's a wonderful old bar, Pusser's, across the street. It's an old-fashioned and comfortable bar, the kind we don't see too much of today in the US, it's one you might imagine Hemingway sitting in. It's popular with the locals. The hotel staff was efficient and helpful. They're not overly familiar like Americans have come to expect. Often when we came in to the lobby, they didn't even look up. But when we needed their help, they were more than gracious and provided assistance and recommendations. Our room had a mini-bar which we didn't realize was there at first as it appeared to be a plain cabinet. We had robes and slippers and all the amenities we needed. And as our stay was in December, the towel warmer was very welcome. There's a good restaurant associated with the hotel and breakfast was good. All in all, an enjoyable stay at Hotel An Der Oper.
4 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Dorothy
"Great hotel with a lovely little touch of class"
Great hotel with all the little amenities in the room that frequent travellers love - little towel on the floor next to the bed, little table with chairs + desk in a separate niche, sparkling clean bathroom and a minibar stacked with proper drinks, not Diet Coke - great!
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"A wonderfully located gem"
Lovely hotel in a great location 4 minutes from Marienplatz and close to most of Munich's best sites. Can be a bit noisy from the street, but very comfy beds in spotless, elegant-enough rooms. Great overall value.
4 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
This hotel is very convenient. The staff was very friendly and quick to help out. We were there during Oktoberfest and the room rate was very high but so are all rooms in Munich! One night, another guest entered our room with a key! The hotel staff was very quick to move us and apologize. We spoke to the owner who was going to research to see how that happened. Irregardless, I would stay there again.
5 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Perfect hotel for us . . . ."
Perfect location on a quiet street in the inner city, near the Marienplatz, Hofbrauhaus & subway. Rooms including bathroom were spotless and comfortably appointed. This will be my default hotel in Munich.
5 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
steven
"Good Munich hotel"
This location is just around the corner from the Hofbrauhaus and close to Marienplatz, too. They have an Italian restaurant at the hotel that was quite good. Rooms was not large, but it was adequate. We would stay here again.
3 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Carl
"Super Location"
Everything was good - nice breakfast, nice room, steps from the Hofbrauhaus!
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
Karl
Went for Oktoberfest ... Was expensive .. But loved the location.. Staff was helpful. All in all was a good experience.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
mom/daughter
"Good location, but otherwise not worth the money."
Stayed here a few nights. Love the location - steps from the 19 tram, walking distance of (at Marienplatz and Odeonplatz) basically every U-line and S-line train in the city center, and short walk to a dozen different cool things, including being in easy stumbling distance of the Hofbrauhaus. The room seemed impressive at first - marble tiles in the lobby, card locks instead of keys, candies on the pillows, cool decor, an air conditioner, big TV, etc - but the more we stayed there the more I realized I'd been suckered. The bathroom smelled weird, and the windows did very little to block outside noise. The mattress was far too firm for my taste, though that's subjective. WiFi was free, but breakfast was 13 euro a day - which is asking a lot when the room was already 300 (this was during Oktoberfest, so I expect some price gouging, but come on, throw in breakfast, at least).
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Greg
"WOW! Service out of this world!"
We were positively thrilled!!! This hotel and its staff surpassed all of our expectations. I could not wait to get up and have breakfast, the food was top notch. Staff was so friendly and helpful. There is no doubt that they are 5 star!
2 night family trip Sep 21, 2014
stephanie stence
"Genealogy Research: Family reunion"
The hotel is within walking distance to all tour venues. It is also a comfortable walk (with light luggage) to the train station.
2 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
Vicci Johnson
Great stay. Back soon.
3 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2014
Jean
"Great location. Pricey for level of accommodation."
Friendly helpful staff. Easy to locate with GPS. Fantastic location. Beds could be more comfortable.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Great stay ruined by staff."
The hotel is in a great location and the room was very comfortable, but the guy working the front desk ruined it all on the last day. We asked the guy working the desk to call us a cab. When the cab driver arrived he told us the trains to the airport were broken and not running, and offered to take us to the airport for a large amount of money. We did not believe him and told him to take us to the S-Bahn station anyways, but the cab driver got out and brought the guy working the front desk out to our cab. The hotel guy confirmed that the trains were all broken down and not running to the airport. Instead of taking us to the station we wanted, the cabbie drove us all the way to the main train station where we caught a bus to the airport. On the way to the airport, we saw several trains that were operational. It was obvious that the cabbie and the guy working the desk were trying to scam us to pay a much larger cab fare to the airport.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Rob
"Perfect Location"
We were so pleasantly surprised to find our hotel on a quiet street but just steps away from Hofbrau Haus and Marienplatz.
3 night romance trip Jul 15, 2014
Charlotte
"Small hotel next to the opera house"
This is a small but well-equipped hotel. Recent renovations added new amenities, bigger TVs and air conditioning to most rooms. Its best selling point is that it is a stone's throw away from the opera house, which means that opera goers can practically return to their rooms for the house's 30-minute intermission.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Nice Hotel Near Marienplatz in Munich"
I booked a 9 night stay at the Hotel An Der Oper in Munich through Expedia. When I arrived the hotel staff were expecting me and the room was ready. This was nice because I arrived prior to the typical check in time. The room appeared to have been recently remodeled and was nicely appointed. The main plus for me in the room was that it had good water pressure. Breakfast was available each morning, which I used about half the time. The location of the hotel was nice since it was in a quick walking distance to Marienplatz, Hofbräuhaus, etc. One additional note is that there are quite a few bells that ring each hour in Marienplatz. The hotel is close, but far enough away to not hear the bells when at the hotel. This was a nice stay for me and I can recommend to others as well as using Expedia to book.
"EXCELLENT LOCATION, but average accommodations"
I was appreciative of 2 factors: the hotel accepted our small dog AND the hotel was in a great location within walking distance of major museums and the English Garden. However, if we had not traveled with our dog, I probably would have chosen another hotel since the price tag was very high at 300 Euro per night.
3 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Andrea
"great centrally located hotel"
Have stayed at this hotel many times. The area is very central to almost anything in Munich, hotel is always clean and well-maintained.
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
LeBeau
Staff was friendly and courteous. Accomodations were clean and comfortable. Quiet neighborhood. Location was excellent as within a block of the National Theatre and a comfortable walking distance to many retaurants, sights, museums and public transportation. Also enjoyed the wonderful German-style breakfasts.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
"enjoyable stay"
a nice surprise, would stay again
3 night trip Jan 27, 2014
peter
"Great No-Frills Hotel"
The rooms were on the small side, but still plenty of room. They were clean, the service was efficient and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if I needed to return to Munich for business.
4 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
km
"Difficult to get a good night's sleep"
This hotel is perfectly located just minutes away from many of the sights and attractions in Munich. Unfortunately, its located on a narrow street with high buildings that amplify any and all sounds. We've stayed in city centers before and expect a considerable amount of noise. The street noise at all hours of the night here made it nearly impossible to get any rest.
6 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"the perfect location for a short trip to munich"
was really surprised by the quality of the hotel and blown away by the convenient location. we only had four days to see munich and do a little of the oktoberfest and this hotel was absolutely perfect. quiet nights after long days in very comfortable rooms-- spotlessly clean rooms and great beds. what is misses in character, it makes up for in location.
4 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2013
nomadme
"Boutique Hotel in the heat of Town"
This hotel was located very close to the Residenze and the Cathedral and was within walking distance of everything. Rooms were well maintained with chandeliers and comfortable beds.
4 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
CF

"Football/Family Christmas Shopping trip"
We came to see Bayern Munich play and combined it with a little bit of Christmas shopping. The shops were really close to the hotel. The Hopfrauhaus and Hard Rock Cafe were literally 2 minutes walk! We had a really great time and the little cafe on the corner served brilliant coffee, 3 doors down from the Bayern Munich shop.
3 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"36 hours in Munich"
Common areas in the hotel were somewhat dated and tired. The room was very clean but again the decor was dated. Position was very convenient and both helpful and friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
Jeremy
"Small hotel in Munich"
Hotel An der Oper is in a good location but I would not recommend it. The ratings suggested 4 stars. It's far from that so my expectations were not met. its between 2-3 stars. A tiny single room for 250 USD was clean. No coffee or still water in the room but plenty of beer and spirits. Unfriendly staff wanted to charge me for coffee/breakfast instead of point me to a Starbucks just around the corner.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
from NYC
"Not good value for money"
Not a good hotel for the money. Rooms are very small and basic. Location allows the hotel to charge €300+ per night, certainly not the facilities or comfort.
1 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2015
Sean
"I'll visit again"
Enjoyable experience close to heart of Munich. I'll visit again.
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
Brad
"Great location at a very reasonable price"
Best thing was its location. Second was that it was easy staying there........quick check in and out....rooms cleaned well and quickly etc. Probably an ideal hotel for a City break. Other reviews mention the noise from outside - we didn't hear much and certainly not enough to disturb our sleep.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Location, location & Air conditioning !"
Despite an initial "just" satisfactory impression, the hotel grew on me. Whilst it was quite pricey for a basic room and in my case with breakfast as extra, the location was undeniably superb and walking distance to great local sights, restaurants and bars. The day I stayed was 38 degrees and the air conditioning in the room was excellent and comforting.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
Alexis
"Nice pleasant hotel in centre of Munich."
Arrived very late and met by pleasant reception. Excellent breakfast and staff very helpful. On departure to dinners and railway station receptionist gave clear instructions and wrote them down for me. Good cost-effective and quiet friendly budget hotel.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"the location excellent.. friendly i will stay next"
the location excellent.. friendly i will stay next time
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
khedijah
"very good locaction."
Helpful stuff. Good breakfast. Very good for a short holiday.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015