All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
145 East 39th Street, New York, NY, 10016, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excelent choice!"
Super efficient, clean hotel. Rooms a little small but again, real efficient space.
4 night trip May 31, 2015
JOSE AURELIO
"Comfort For People Who Don't Move Around a Lot"
My room was, indeed, a pod. It was nice to have everything so close and within reach, but there was virtually no moving around space and I kept tripping over things. On a scale of little pod, medium pod, and big pod -- well, this was a little pod.
4 night business trip May 30, 2015
This was a great find for a short weekend in the city :-)
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
gary
"the IKEA of hotels"
Perfect location to explore New York. Great environment to just crash and explore.
1 night trip May 9, 2015
Justin
"better than expected for the price"
Comfortable room. It smelled nice, and felt cozy. One can go WAY worst for the price.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
"Trendy and affordable"
I stayed 6 nights at Pod 39 and I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it. I read several reviews before booking so I knew what to expect. The location is great! The food at Salvation Taco is amazing as well. I would definitely stay again but next time opt for a larger pod.
6 night trip May 21, 2015
Gerald
"Comfortable and functional"
Definitely a smaller room, but not unexpected given it's prime location. Very clean, very functional. Comfortable! Staff was great and didn't mind that I checked in at 3:30 in the morning.
2 night business trip May 28, 2015
"stay at the pod"
I enjoyed the nice room. And it was very comfortable. But when I went downstairs to buy a drink at the bar the girl behind the bar completely ignored me for the first 5 mins because she was chatting it up with a couple (customers) that were also at the bar about 3 seats away from where I Sat. Than she tells me I can only buy one drink because it's closing ti me, but than while me finishing my drink, about 10mins had past, a 2 guys come in they tell her they have about 7 So now she tells them yes they can come in and re-opens the supposed to be closed bar. Mean while on 2 people probably had one drink and no one else else.. Than left. Smh. It just pretty much felt like if I was the other guys than I would of never got told the bar was closed/last ddrink. Than before I went back upstairs to My room after my one and only drink, I asked the front desk if I can get a 6:00am wake up call and NEVER got one. So YES I woke up late and got to work late as well. Smh. Aside from that my stay at the hotel was very nice
1 night trip May 29, 2015
"Honesty!"
The pod lives up to it's name - small but well laid out and compact. Just enough for a short stint in the city. Great location. I forgot my valuables in the safe for 24 hours after check out, the staff returned everything to front desk and not 1 dollar was missing and there was enough cash and valuable to make it worthwhile to "steal". But this staff didn't. For that I'd rate the hotel staff 1000% honest!!!
5 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Small room but everything you need"
Great place, good location!
3 night business trip May 22, 2015
"Small Room, Big Value"
Great hotel for the one night we needed it. Concierge was very nice and helpful. Rooms are small but was perfect size since all we needed it for was sleep. Only negative was the room smelt a bit musty. Besides that I would recommend this hotel and def stay again!
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Great Place. Enjoyed my Night."
if you need a place to stay while in the city I highly suggest this place. It does not have all of the "comforts" of the more pricey hotels, but that's okay. It has everything you need to spend a night or two or more in the city. At a good price too. I was quite happy with the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel. I was close enough to everything I needed and more. The staff were friendly and helpful. I thought the layout of my room was quite genius and took advantage of the space provided. I am definitely going to stay here again.
1 night trip May 27, 2015
Frances
"Love the pod"
A two night getaway to the city. Planned on only one night, but got a great price on hotels.com for a second night. The pod 39 is a great hotel as long as you don't mind tiny rooms. Love the rooftop bar. Very trendy place.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Russell
"just a little walk from the west side"
Immaculate, industrial sheek, $4 coffee/bagel/muffin breakfast for guests. Location was fine, close but away from the madness of Times Square.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Memorial Day Weekend Stay"
Comfort and clean room. Excellent roof-top bar with fantastic views.
4 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
Chen
"IF YOU CAME IN NYC U MUST CHOOSE THIS HOTEL ."
Very nice area. Room was clean perfect. We enjoy our stay
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Small but comfort."
Staffs were very kind and nice. We stayed top floor where roof bar is. We were worried that it would be noisy but it was not. Room was quite small but it was comfort.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Seunghun
"Nice place when you need somewhere to crash."
Not big enough for a family but the right size for 1 or 2 people.
1 night business trip May 21, 2015
Micah
"We loved our stay at the POD 39"
I was in NYC for two nights with my friend. We visited the World Trade Center, saw a show on Broadway and finished up with a trip out to Coney Island. The POD 39 Hotel was fantastic. Room was small, as expected, but wonderfully comfortable and well designed. The roof deck was the highlight of the hotel!
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"nice stay in NYC"
Rooms are small and don't have much in the way of ventilation. But the location is great, the staff are lovely and the place is clean. The free Wifi is also appreciated
2 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Nikki
"I'll add this one to my favorite places !"
Good place to stay if not spending time at hotel. Excellent location! View from rooftop bar and view is well worth it.
1 night trip May 10, 2015
Velda
"TINY ROOMS AMAZING VIEWS"
the place is seriously TINY I mean its TINY but other than that the neighborhood and the staff are AWESOME its an adventure and the roof top bar is amazing and its open 24/7 even when bars closed you can chill up there and enjoy the amazing sights of manhataan
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Micro but clean"
Quick overnight with my teenage daughter. Micro room. Glad I stayed as I had always wanted to check out the Pod hotels. Clean. MICRO. Pricey for the space.
1 night family trip May 14, 2015
"New York trip"
not as friendly as in the past
3 night business trip May 13, 2015
michael
"Stay here"
Great price for clean room in midtown.
2 night family trip May 13, 2015
"Future upgrades"
I liked the welcoming atmosphere and the immaculate room. If I have one criticism it would be to invest in tempurpedic mattresses.
1 night trip May 16, 2015
Arthur
"Clean, modern & sparse"
Room was very small but clean & modern and sparse (think Ikea) and updated. It's the little things, like having multiple plugs within easy reach for powering all my devices, that I appreciate. Bed was firm, towels were a bit rough (think towels from your local gym). I can see getting claustrophobic because there's only about a foot or two of floor around the bed but still comfortable. Roof top bar was great, Mexican restaurant in lobby was also great.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"extremely bad"
I regret the room is so small the bathroom is like your in jail I paid 300 dollars for one night worst night ever
1 night trip May 15, 2015
aicha
"Nice clean place to spend a few NYC nights"
Hotel was very nice and clean for a reasonably-priced Midtown stay. I would only recommend one person for the smaller rooms as the glass-divider bathroom is right on top of the bedroom and would not give much privacy between the toilet and a second person :)
3 night business trip May 10, 2015
"Small room but great hotel."
Very small room with bunk bed but very clean and close to a lot of stuff. A few blocks from public library and Empire State Building. Right around the corner from grand central station. Great roof top bar. Hotel seemed very European in its design.
5 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
Lyle
"FUN"
amenities and toiletries missing...but staff was informative and friendly
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Indrina
"Great location, tiny double room, helpful staff."
Location is great, quieter & quaint area yet close enough to the action or it's easily accessible. I had a double which is perfect for one person who is sleeping and showering there only. Keep windows open when you're out, otherwise room gets a slight locker room smell (maybe the water from the shower dampens the rug). This solved the problem even when I shut the windows at night to turn on the fan to lessen street noise. Very little street noise but it is NY, fan blocks it all out. Great ground level and rooftop restaurant/bar which draws a large crowd. Friendly, helpful staff, I called for extra soap both nights and they were up in minutes. I called the first night to tell them I was tossing the spread on the floor as it had a stain that was removable. I asked them to replace the spread the following day. When I came back to the room, the same stained spread was there. Rainfall shower gets the bathroom floor soaked. It has one knob to make the water hotter which, ultimately, pours out a high pressured downfall. Nice toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, facial soap, and body wash. Bring your own lotion, they don't have any. Facial soap is a nice touch but then you have to use the same soap to wash your hands after using the toilet. Body wash is nice, also, but kinda plunks out without a loofa or washcloth (only hand and bath towels). I arrived very early and they gave me a room without hesitation. I would, definitely, stay again.
2 night trip May 8, 2015
"Earth day should be everyday."
Very nice hotel, we did not mind that the room is small because it is clean and modern. The layout is truly a minimalist and good for mother nature (who needs a gigantic dresser anyway?) The Rooftop bar is nice view of the skyscrapers esp. at night. The staff are very accommodating.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"I would stay here again"
My online booking and everything worked like a charm. There were no surprises and this was a very pleasant stay. I would gladly recommend POD 39 to anyone who appreciates simplicity and convenience during travels. I would stay here again.
2 night trip May 8, 2015
"Perfect Weekend Location"
Perfect for a weekend getaway! Trendy hotel with friendly staff. Rooms are small but it's all you need in a City that doesn't sleep. Very good location in Manhattan.
1 night trip May 8, 2015
belinda
"Best little secret"
I always stay here excellent location and price
2 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
"Small hotel in midtown niece"
one night just needed a place to sleep
1 night trip with friends May 5, 2015
Ahmed
"Friday At The Pod"
Everyone super friendly. Check in extremely fast. Clean room and convenient location. Love the rooftop bar.
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Small but chic"
Stayed at pod before. Small rooms, feels like ikea hotel. Place is cool with a great roof deck and attached restaurant bar.
3 night business trip May 4, 2015
Mathew
"All the essential, but not one inch more"
At a minimalistic level, all the essential for a business trip. On the plus side, cleanliness, comfortable bed, overall low noise level and convenient central location (just 2 block from Grand Central). Rooms are really small though.
3 night business trip May 4, 2015
Andrea
"Another tool in tool box"
I stay at the Pod often when in NY. Its basic but very clean and convenient to everything.
4 night business trip May 3, 2015
"Difficult"
ROOM WAS ALRIGHT BUT BED SHEET HAD A LITTLE STAIN ON THEM , WHICH I DIDNT ENJOY ... ALSO TV TOO SMALL I HAD TO PUT ON GLASSES TO WATCH A MOVIE.. AND SHOWER IS RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD SO IF YOUR TRYING TO KEEP YOUR HEAD DRY ,THIS IS NOT THE PLACE..
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Donnielle
"Great for couples and singles"
Tiny rooms but quiet and great location! Bathroom was well laid out with nice products and the bed and bedding were also very nice. I also was upgraded to a queen size room from a single at no extra charge.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
"Great value"
Great price and even better service. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Loved the discount parking, that alone makes this hotel a really good deal.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
patricia
"recommended !"
Good location. Easy to find food and the grand central station is less than 10 min away. Service is excellent. I had to extend my stay due to an unforeseen incident. Hotel staff was kind enough to give me a room upgrade for the additional day.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2015
"Vacations"
Perfect
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
roberto
"Too small"
Room way too small, especially for 2 people trying to get ready to go out for the night, i couldnt even get far enough to look at my self in the mirror...its literatelly a matchbox
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Maglin
"❤️ The Pod 39"
This is my favorite place to stay in Manhattan. It's easy to get to, staff is always amazing & super friendly. Rooms are European inspired so if you are looking for spaciousness this is not for you. If you love trendy & spunky then you will love the Pod. Beam me up!!!!
1 night trip Apr 30, 2015
Melodie
"A great concept, well-executed"
I wanted simple, reliable, comfortable, affordable accommodations, and I received them. Check-out was a bit slow because they were thinly staffed and were having to negotiate language barriers with other guests, but that goes with the territory. And to some extent it was the result of their going out of their way to be accommodating, which is certainly a plus.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"Small, but comfortable and convenient"
I stayed in a single room. It was a tiny, but cute room and was perfect for an overnight trip to the city. The only drawbacks were not having counter space to do my makeup and the shower curtain doesn't stick to anything, so it was flying into the shower. I took really quick showers to avoid that curtain sticking to me.
1 night trip May 2, 2015