All hotels in Scafati, Italy
Via Dante Alighieri 172, Scafati, SA, 84018, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very odd hotel"
This hotel stay could have been fine, but the attitude of some staff towards guests is very strange, including rules about no eating in the room and no using the fridge in the room to store your food or drinks. I stay in a lot of hotels and have never come across such 'rules' before. The surrounding area is very dirty with lots of litter.
2 night trip Apr 30, 2014

"good friendly service"
The staff were very nice and generous with their information. My only complaint was that we booked it because my 11 year old wanted to swim and it had a pool. When we got their, sweaty and hot, the pool had been drained for the season!
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Kathryn
"Was a very nice stay"
We really enjoyed our stay in the hotel - and the dinner was great too! Everything seemed very well kept, and was a good value for the price. Would recommend the hotel to friends or family going to that area.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
jaj19981
"Lovely family friendly hotel, great staff"
Stayed for 3 nights at the end of our trip round Italy and it offered the relaxation and opportunities to sight see at the same time. Eleanor and Adriano did everything above and beyond to make our stay amazing and memorable.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
lisa
"Hotel Pompei - Scafati"
A family run hotel - language is an issue so prepare some Italian phrases. Breakfast is basic continental style. There is a very good restaurant - 5 minutes walk to have a very cheap evening meal - very good quality. Carrefour is about 5 minutes away too. There are no tea or coffee making facilities so take a travel kettle. Pool was pleasant after a hot day in Pompei. The only downside is that it is on a main road and traffic noise is an issue if you have window/doors open.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Excellent stay"
We stayed 4 nights and had a great time. The staff are very friendly and will do everything they can to assist you. Elena speaks excellent English and Adriano offered very good service and was great fun, making my 12 year old son feel very welcome. The room was very comfortable, excellent bathroom and shower, great spacious balcony. The pool was lovely and not overcrowded. The breakfast was very good. The evening meals ranged from basic to outstanding (I had swordfish one night which was spectacular), but always more than acceptable and very reasonably priced. The most important thing with any hotel is to feel safe and that you are dealing with honest people. We found this most certainly to be the case here. The only possible downside is the immediate surroundings which are a bit run down but the secure compound, its proximity to the many activities in the wider area, comfort of the rooms and facilities at the hotel including free wi-fi, meant this was not an issue for us. Good supermarket just down the road too. This is an independent hotel, not part of a chain, so the hotel has some idiosyncrasies, but I think it is all the more charming for it and the level of personal service we received here was vastly better than any chain hotel. A tremendous stay and a unique experience.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Colin
"Great family run hotel"
As a family of 4 the room was ok, the terrace was nice with views of the mountain in the rear of the hotel where our room was located. It was comforting to have private free parking in the newly gated lot as they were installing it during our stay at the hotel. The swimming pool was not operating when we were there however it looked to be pleasant in the summer. Helena and her husband make the hotel shine above the rest. Our evening meals were prepared by Helena and her mom and was very good. It was good location for visiting Pompeii, Herculaneum and Mount Vesuvius. Beware of the driving as Naples is the craziest place in the world to drive, organized chaos at best but fun if that interests you. Helena spoke English and offered advice on where to go,how to save money, and how to get there. She even offered us free bus tickets so we wouldn't have to drive to our adventures.Her husband didn't speak much english but he tried hard to, and he was very friendly and funny. If we went back we would stay again.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Cat

"Hotel " Old Style in Old Time ""
Hotel abbastanza datato negl'arredamenti, ma la camera molto pulita. inoltre c'è una bella piscina. Colazione discreta e buon wife.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Michele
IT
"Notre séjour à l'hotel Pompei"
Nous avons été un peu déçu en arrivant. Les photos lors de la réservation étaient trompeuses. Pour nous, c'est un classement 1 étoile et non 3 étoiles (malgré la piscine). Mais établissement propre avec une literie correcte.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Guillaume
FR
"Bel hôtel dans quartier sale"
Hôtel bien tenu, il tranche par rapport au quartier. Région pauvre de l'Italie, les poubelles sont abandonnées sur le bord des routes. C'est vraiment très sale.
3 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
claude
"adatto alle famiglie"
hotel pulito e accogliente, il servizio è curato e disponibile. accesso alla piscina molto piacevole
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Michele
"vacanza"
Vacanza per il ponte del 2 giugno. Ottimo Hotel, in ottima posizione, proprietari molto gentili e accoglienti.
3 night family trip May 30, 2015
Claudio
"Alles super!"
Besonders die Freundlichkeit des Personals hat mich begeistert.
7 night trip May 18, 2015
Reinhard
AT
"bon rapport qualité prix"
petit hôtel familial prêt de Pompéi et du Vésuve. La piscine est agréable et ne pas louper le repas du soir gouter les anti-pasti copieux et à un prix raisonnable. Nous avions une chambre pour 4 avec balcon, vue sur la piscine et le Vesuve. La route devant n'est pas trop gênante double vitrage et clim pour la nuit et c'est parfait
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
sylvie
FR
"Ottimo albergo a due passi da Pompei"
L'hotel è a due passi da Pompei, per cui comodissimo per chi vuole visitare gli scavi o il Santuario. Le camere sono confortevoli e pulite, il personale è molto disponibile.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Andriy83
"eccellente"
piscine, stanza 100% good
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
schiavone
IT
"situation centrale pour les visites"
Hôtel très simple mais propre. Confort sommaire dans la chambre toutefois très propre avec une literie correcte. La situation de l'établissement permet de visiter facilement Naples, Pompéi, Herculanum, le Vésuve et la cote Amalfitaine.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
FR
Personeel erg chagrijnig en weinig vriendelijke blikken. Ontbijt was allemaal uit plastic en niks vers.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
NL
"très bien, je le recommande"
Un hôtel proche du centre de Pompéi mais qui permet un accès rapide à tous les lieux touristiques à condition d'avoir une voiture. Très calme, vue magnifique sur la chaine des volcans. Très confortable, très propre. Propriétaires très gentils. Et surtout parking privé ce qui est un plus important . La piscine est très agréable aussi.
3 night romance trip Jul 6, 2013
Nadine
FR
Les chambres sont propres, calmes et très spacieuse. Le petit déjeuner reste un peu "juste" mais conforme aux autres hôtels italien. Pas de piscine avant le 31 mai. Bien situé si vous êtes véhiculé pour visiter Pompéi et le Vésuve. le parking est très pratique et fermé la nuit.
3 night trip May 12, 2013
Philippe
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Bjoerg
Other trip May 9, 2014
5 night business trip Oct 1, 2013
BE

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Pompei

"Clean, Good service, family run and close to many attarctions"
08/22/15 Angelised Msida, Malta
My family and myself had chosen this hotel to stay in for 5 nights in order to be able to visit surrounding areas including Pompeii, Vesuvius, the Amalfi Coast and Naples. There is not much to do in the walking distance of the hotel, however, only a few kilometers away are some of Italy's best attractions. The hotel is kept very clean, the breakfast was basic however cannot complain. One of us in the group was gluten free and the hotel made sure that there were sufficient items for him in the breakfast. The hotel also has a pool which is perfect for families with children and for us as well to relax after a day travelling around. Also, the hotel offers the facility for free parking which was very useful for us considering we had a very big van. Furthermore, the staff was very friendly (family run hotel), especially the young couple who were always very friendly. That what made Hotel Pompei a perfect choice for our stay. The only thing that was not as good was the WIFI reception in our room and the fact that there is no lift. However, all the rest was great!
"Lovely pool"
08/15/15 Tanja G Brussels, Belgium
We stayed here for a week, which was ideal for visiting Pompei, Sorrento and Napoli. Breakfast was very nice. Scafati is not the most cosy town in Italy, and waiting for the bus can be a frustrating activity. Train station was a 15 minute walk so we didn't need to rent a car. Relaxing by and in the pool was great. Rooms on the first floor are large and have a balcony.
"Nice pool!"
07/23/15 Lazer123 Paphos, Cyprus
We booked this hotel because we wanted to be near Pompei (a short bus ride) & wanted a good-sized pool. The staff were very friendly & helpful. They now ask guests to sign a daily bill for food/drinks consumed so everyone is clear about what they have paid for. This hotel is good value, however it wasn't easy to reach by (unreliable) trains from Naples. I would recommend going by car.
"Be sure to keep a record of the meals and drinks you have at the hotel."
07/15/15 Sheila N John M
The rooms are clean and of a good size. The hotel is 45 min walk from Pompeii and 25 min walk from the local train station, the hotel staff offer a free transfer from the station- which we were grateful for but unfortunately it later became apparent we had been charged. There are many takeaways in Scafati, so we ate at the hotel 4 times during our 10 day stay. Scafati pavements were strewn with rubbish, dog excrement and even a dead kitten, but the locals are very friendly and there are lots of cafe's where you are made very welcome. The food is homely rather than restaurant standard, they don't keep a record of what you have eaten or drank and then guess when they write the bill at the end and refuse to budge. I liked the cleanliness of the hotel and pool I disliked the overcharging
"Friendly experience"
10/26/14 Ben F Dublin, Ireland
Having spent some time in Italy over the years and especially Pompeii, I was pleasantly surprised to be booked into this hotel. I've watched this site for over a decade as an abandoned skeleton of a hotel but now it has arrived into the sunlight. Along with it arriving into it's own so has the service within the hotel. On my arrival I met Ornella Gramaglia, (quality control for the establishment), and for my duration there I encountered her many times. The staff at reception and in house were very helpful and always at pains to help people both inside the hotel and for information about the area. the breakfast staff and banqueting staff were always there with a friendly smile that was genuine as well as front of house and housekeeping. I really enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning again soon.
"Visiting ruins"
09/12/13 SallyBear50 Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Made welcome despite language barrier, good price, clean room and balcony. Central for visiting the area. Downside was lack of restaurants but can recommend the place just on the right for chicken and chips to eat on your balcony. Also a restaurant to the left by the glamorous villa. Here they really made us feel at home.
"Wonderful Family run Hotel"
08/09/13 Luigino M Bradford
Fantastic spot, small quiet hotel (14 rooms) in a quiet town with beautiful mountain vistas, out of the noise and confusion but not out of the way. The hotel is well maintained, rooms are spacious and the pool was clean and never crowded. We had a wonderful local dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Hotel is family run it shows with pride and the warmth and charm of the Salerno countryside
"Its nowhere near Pompei"
07/29/13 Frankiedaddy Cape Town Central, South Africa
Of all the staff, only the lady in the day service and the pool manager is worth mentioning, They were friendly and helpful. Its a pity their efforts are undone by the management. The Main manager is a sulky miserable individual that is abusive and plainly unfriendly. The night manager only comes to work to sleep. He was actually the worst night manager I have ever met and I have had many wonderful conversations with night managers. This one was unfriendly and unhelpful. I wake up early in the morning and came down to the dining room to boil water. (I must remind myself to book in hotels that have tea making facility's in the room) I asked him for milk for my tea which I knew was in the bar behind me, The bar is closed he said. Maybe he was upset that I made a noise and woke him up. Their excuse for not cleaning the room was that I didn't leave the key at the desk. I was 2 metres away, sitting by the pool. The room floor was still dirty after the cleaning. I have stayed at many 3 star hotels in different country's and the level of service we have experienced in the past was much higher that what we received at this hotel. I wont return.
"Excellent stay"
06/01/13 Colin E Liverpool, United Kingdom
We stayed 4 nights and had a great time. The staff are very friendly and will do everything they can to assist you. Elena speaks excellent English and Adriano offered very good service and was great fun, making my 12 year old son feel very welcome. The room was very clean and comfortable, excellent bathroom and shower, great spacious balcony. The pool was lovely and not overcrowded. The breakfast was very good. The evening meals ranged from basic to outstanding (I had swordfish one night which was spectacular), but always more than acceptable and very reasonably priced. The most important thing with any hotel is to feel safe and that you are dealing with honest people. We found this most certainly to be the case here. The only possible downside is the immediate surroundings which are a bit run down but the secure compound, its proximity to the many activities in the wider area, comfort of the rooms and facilities at the hotel including free wi-fi, meant this was not an issue for us. Good supermarket just down the road too. This is an independent hotel, not part of a chain, so the hotel has some idiosyncrasies, but I think it is all the more charming for it and the level of personal service we received here was vastly better than any chain hotel. A tremendous holiday and a unique experience.
"Nice stay , Nice Pool"
09/06/12 UKKingi London
Had a nice stay in the Hotel, Friendly staff and clean rooms. Pool was excellent in the hot weather. Can suggest a fantastic meal in a restaurant about 100m up the road , "Antichi Sapori" , fantastic food and great wine