All hotels in Venice, Italy
Sestiere Dorsoduro 3499, Venice, VE, 30123, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.9
"Hotel Moresco is awesome!"
The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The staff was amazing. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Our stay could not have been better.
4 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Kathryn
We had an amazing family vacation stay here for two nights for our 25th. The staff is beyond exemplary in helpfulness, responsiveness, and hospitality. Lovely neighborhood, easy to the train station and just a little bit of a jaunt to all the hustle and bustle but totally enjoyable. Don't hesitate to book this!
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Venkat
"A peaceful haven in Venice"
We came off a week long cruise and was able to easily (and cheaply) take the people mover from the cruise port to the hotel's neighborhood and walk a few short blocks to the Hotel Moresco. Upon arrival we found a little peaceful and perfect haven. We were met with refreshments and they had our room available long before check in. Everyone was wonderful - so nice. The hotel is in a quieter part of Venice right on a canal which we loved. Our room looked out over the canal and we could watch the water taxis go by. The Hotel holds an evening happy hour which was quite fun with delicious nibbles. The accommodations are stylish, comfortable and have just enough of a Venetian feel to feel authentic. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and they called a water taxi which took us to the airport. Everything was perfect. We'll be back for a longer stay.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"Can't wait to return!"
This hotel exceeded our expectations. Walking distance from the train and in a quite neighborhood right on a canal. They offer a free buffet at Happy Hour each evening. Fresh Italian meats, cheeses, and snacks! Be sure to try one of Lorenzo's Aperole Spritz's! The staff is welcoming and great giving clear directions to sights. Breakfast was simply wonderful. A plentiful buffet and choice of eggs and/ pancakes! We highly recommend this hotel!
3 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Samuel
"Great hotel in Venice"
This place was perfect for our family visit to Venice. Everyone who worked there was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Rooms were very nice and modern and quite spacious. Wonderful garden for sitting and enjoying a drink or a snack. It is not quite in the middle of everything, but the location actually worked well as it was on the side of town near where the buses, train station and cruise ships are. From the hotel it is still a very easy walk into the rest of Venice, but a much easier walk with your bags than some other hotels. With all the bridges and stairs I'd rather have a short walk to the hotel and then when you are without bags walking 10 mins is no big deal and part of the fun of visiting Venice. Will absolutely stay here again next time we come to Venice.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Magnus
The closet is small and the shower a bit messy, but awesome staff, excellent bedding, and very comfortable. Great garden area for breakfast.
5 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Duane
"Fabulous hotel"
Hotel Moresco was absolutely fabulous! The room was clean and shower spacious. Breakfast had a small selection but everything offered was delicious and fresh. I cannot say enough about the hotel staff. They were extremely accommodating to everything that we requested and knowledgeable about not only Venice but also Murano and Burano. This was our last hotel in a 2 week to trip to Italy and was by far the best hotel we stayed in.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
excellent service staff. Helped with transportation arrangements going and coming. Great location away from the hordes of tourists.Very quiet. it is about 30 minutes walk to San Marco Square but a Vaportetto stop is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel.Located a neighborhood with great local dining options. Staff will help you with recommendations for this.
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
PETER
"First visit off of Cruise"
Wanted a convenient hotel to train or taxis for 2 nights. Had no idea about handling luggage (2 large and 2 carry on). Water taxis were very expensive ( 80 euro quote). Used people mover (3euros).Found a porter (20 euros) to handle bags at bus terminal to hotel 8 minutes from station. Have your map handy for porter, ours knew the hotel location. Arrived @8am. Staff greeted us warmly using very good English. Checked our luggage, served us coffee and tea. Check in time was 2pm, leaving us the morning to explore. Walked to Rialto Bridge, then to St. Marks had lunch by the Grand Canal enjoyed the history and shops of the area and still were back by 1pm. Our room was ready. Clean, modern and comfortable garden side with about everything you are used to in a high middle class room in the states. Breakfasts included(much better than Hampton or Courtyard), and don't miss happy hour. I have traveled for a living- 40+ years and have never had better service. We stayed week after Easter stayedweek after Easter
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Great choice in Venice!"
Great hotel! Friendly, accommodating staff at the front desk and the servers. Complimentary drink at check in which if perfect after traveling. We were in one of the suites which was huge! Nicely decorated. Large, luxurious bathroom. The breakfast spread was a great way to start the day. And the happy hour in the lobby bar was a great place to go before dinner. Highly recommend.
2 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
"Amazing hotel and friendly staff"
What a wonderful hotel! Everything was amazing. We reserved a room with a view of the canal and it was definitely worth it. The breakfast was incredible. The only one complaint I have is that there was a scented room deodorizer in the room that was overpowering but honestly everything was so wonderful it was not big enough of a problem to complain about.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
chris
"Wonderful Stay in Venice"
A great hotel that is nicely set away from the trains station (a good thing). Convenient to most of Venice, and easily walkable from everywhere. The concierge/front desk was available to make recommendations and did a great job recommending restaurants.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Cody
"Outstanding Helpful and Friendly Staff"
My overall "5" rating says it all. My husband and I and adult daughter stayed here for 2 nights last week during Carnival. We were coming from Rome and took the train from Rome Termini. The hotel is within walking distance of the train station (Venice S. Lucia). I would ask the hotel for directions before your arrival, as we were steered in the wrong direction more than once by asking random Italians - lol. I requested a room with a double bed and a rollaway bed for my daughter. I thought the room would be small, but it was spacious, super clean, and very comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful with a fantastic shower and bath, plus 2 large sinks, nice towels, a towel warmer, good toiletries, and robe/slippers. There was a Nespresso machine in the room plus 2 complimentary bottles of water in the fridge. We were on the 3rd floor. The hotel was slightly off the beaten path (but still convenient) so the room was very quiet. The staff here went above and beyond - always greeting you when you came in and left, and never making you feel like a nuisance for asking too many questions. There were free snacks and a complimentary drink when you arrive. Breakfast was also very good. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. This was our second time to Venice and I don't remember anything about our last hotel except dragging my heavy suitcase up the stairs. Do yourself a favor and book the Hotel Maresco - you won't regret it.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Little Mom
The staff at the Moresco could not be better. They are friendly, helpful, and delightful. The hotel is comfortable and well run. The evening happy hour is incredibly pleasant. Great location -- a 5-8 minute walk from Piazzale Roma and 12-15 from the train station. The neighborhood is quiet and very clean. We could not have been happier with our stay.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Stay here if you travel to Venice, you will not be disappointed. The hotel is so tastefully decorated and crazy clean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I have only praise for this hotel.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Highly recommend Hotel Moresco. The room, the staff and the breakfast were all outstanding. The hotel was super clean. The rooms were tastefully decorated and very clean. For those dragging luggage, the location could not be more convenient. I loved this hotel. Cannot wait to return.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
lisa
Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Outstanding service, beautifully decorated and furnished. So many lovely little touches. Great easy to reach location, very quiet away from crowds but close to grand cabal, restaurants and shops. Fantastic all round.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Hotel Moresco - Great Reviews are True"
We chose the Hotel Moresco based on the excellent reviews we had read. We were very pleased to find that the reviews are true. We have stayed in many "fancier," i.e. 5+ stars, more expensive hotels all over the world. And the Moresco is by far one of our favorite hotels ever. The staff is professional yet warm. The interior and facilities are comfortable, clean, and inviting. There is an overall feeling of generosity that is unmatched by any of our other hotel experiences. When we arrived (on foot from the train station - not a big deal of a walk), we were welcomed, shown to the lovely garden, and offered free drinks. Cold water, Prosecco, out in the garden while someone got our bags to our room (which was ready upon our early afternoon arrival)? Yes, please! Gratis snacks were brought as well, and we unhurriedly enjoyed the respite. Same feeling is true during the evening happy hour each night in the hotel's bar/library. While guests do pay for drinks, a very generous spread of food is set out and replenished - pasta, sliced meats and cheese, olives, etc. This hospitality went on long past the advertised hours, and in fact in returning later after dinner, we noticed that there were chocolates out. The cozy, welcoming atmosphere encourages some mingling among guests. We have never been the types to try to make friends with other travelers in a hotel, but here it was natural to chat, and the guests were all pleasant and fun, from all over the world.
Liz
"Wonderful"
Outstanding in every way. Prosecco and fabulous pastry with breakfast every morning -- who could ask for more?
4 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Great Hotel, Great service"
Just an excellent hotel! Service and solid value
4 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
"Wonderful Hotel!"
I booked Hotel Moresco based on the reviews I read online. I had very high expectations and they were all met. The location was perfect for us. A quiet neighborhood that was a 10 minute walk from the train station. We were given a warm welcome and a glass of presecco out in the garden upon arrival. Our room was ready so we were able to check in early. We had 3 windows in our room all with a canal view on the side of the hotel which also overlooked the garden. While the walk to St. Marc's square was a bit further (approx 30 minutes) it was very enjoyable and we did a lot of sightseeing along the way. For visitors that do not want to walk that far, the hotel was a short distance from the vaporetto. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff were all very warm and friendly.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Gina
"Great hotel if you are willing to walk"
The best service I have ever had in any hotel. The only down side is the location about 15 minutes from the nearest vaporetta stop. We needed to hire a porter to get our luggage from the train station up and over several bridges and to the hotel. Once we were there. it was wonderful!
3 night romance trip Sep 18, 2014
I had read great reviews and was not disappointed. We had wonderful customer service, beautiful and quiet rooms with modern updates and comfortable beds. We enjoyed the best pillows of our two week vacation in Italy! The breakfasts were delicious and happy hour was a great touch with very reasonable drink prices. I even received an email letting me know I had left a small print in the room and they were going to mail it to me. I would recommend to anyone who wants to be out of the crowds of San Marco (It isn't a bad walk and the hotel provides a great map) and would stay there again in a heartbeat.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Sk
"Venice visit"
Hotel Moresco was a quiet place in a very busy city. The staff was great, and the breakfast was one of the best I had in all of Italy.
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
Bob C
"Great Hotel Experience at Hotel Moresco"
The staff was so friendly and helpful. Gave us suggestions on how to get to the Cruise Terminal at a fraction of the cost we thought we would have to pay by getting a porter who took our cases to the People Mover Train. It was just one stop and we arrived at the Cruise Terminal. Gave us a map and suggestions for places to eat and best way to get around Venice. We had breakfast (which was included in the price of the room) in the lovely garden courtyard. Loved the white marble stairs and hallways. We were provided with lovely thick bathrobes and slippers. Lovely bathroom. Beds were really comfortable. Everything was spotless. Approximately 5 minute walk to the Bus Terminal and Vaparetto (water taxi) which took us to St. Mark's Square. The staff made our stay memorable and if we ever go back to Venice (which I hope we do) we will stay at the Hotel Moresco. Thanks for a lovely experience.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Christine Scotland
"If you are staying in Venice, click to book now!"
I cannot say enough good things about Hotel Moresco! Room... clean, loved the shower, bed was very comfortable. Location... perfect spot to get around Venice. Breakfast... YUM! The breakfast was great. Typically, the included breakfast is pre-made eggs and a bunch of food that is sub-standard. Not here. The breakfast included eggs to order and was exceptional. Service... this is what sealed the deal for me. What a lovely bunch of people. When we arrived, it was my boyfriend's birthday the next day. However, I didn't mention this to them, but they noted it when checking our passports upon arrival. Unsolicited, they brought us a bottle of champagne after breakfast the next day and a birthday dessert (candle included). Time after time, the team here went above and beyond expectations and really made this a memorable experience for us. Book them before they book up!
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
Denise
"GREAT Staff, Location, and Property!"
Well, to be honest, I do not write many reviews, but felt compelled to write one for Hotel Moresco. I travel a lot for business, as well as for pleasure, and I have to say, that Hotel Moresco was one of the BEST experiences with a Hotel I have had. Being my first trip to Venice, I was not sure where to stay, and chose Moresco for it's great reviews. The hotel is close to the Piazza Roma, which is one of the main transportation hubs for the city. You can literally get anywhere, quickly. The room was great! Nicely furnished and very comfortable. The Wifi was only soso, but I wasn't worried about that because I was not there to work :). My wife and I loved the lighting, bathroom and the blend of modern amenities and traditional charm. EVERY and I mean EVERY member of the staff was EXCELLENT. Always willing to help out in any way possible, from simple directions, to helping us obtain transportation to the airport. All in all, this is an AWESOME hotel in a GREAT location with an EXCELLENT staff. I cannot say enough good things about it! When we go back to Venice, I would book the Moresco again without question.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Stephen
"escape the crowds and see a more authentic Venice"
I was to spend 2 days in the heart of the Venice tourist district next to St. Marks Square. I wanted a day in a more laid back, uncrowded district. I was not disappointed. GREAT hotel, easy to reach and as Venice is an great city to walk the location was wonderful. It gave me the chance to see 2 sides of Venice. Hotel staff was outstanding and extremely helpful. Rooms were spotless and generously sized for Venice. I was as comfortable and as well care for there as at the renowned Danieli.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Beautiful, Comfortable, and Very Accessible"
When it comes to service Hotel Moresco can't be beat. The breakfast is fantastic and the "happy hour" is just so relaxing. Our room was beautiful and clean. The staff did an incredible job making up the room while we were out sight-seeing. The hotel is within walking distance of the cruise ships.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Valerie Kwietniak
"Great location, great hotel"
The staff was extremely helpful; recommending restaurants and shipping items for us. The location was great; away from the crowds but convenient to hop on the vaporetta or get to the train station. The room was comfortable. Breakfast was extensive. Snacks available throughout the day. Free WiFi. Lovely garden to relax in. Welcoming proseco. Couldn't have been better.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Lynn
"Super hotel"
Loved the small boutique feel of this hotel. Loved the room and the very nice view of the canal. Great service and helpful staff! Super close to the train station and cruise terminal. A bit of a trip to see some of the sites but if you can navigate the Vaporetto water buses, you'll be fine. Highly recommend this hotel!
1 night romance trip Aug 12, 2014
"wonderful hote;"
The room was very nice, breakfast was very good. Hotel staff is superb. nice little garden in the back, 5 minute walk to the water bus stop which has a lot of lines. A quiet area with nice reasonable local restaurants nearby. Away from the crowds.
4 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"Amazing!"
If ever in Venice, I'd highly recommend staying here! Hotel Moresco has the friendliest staff I've ever encountered at a hotel, and the hotel itself is just lovely! It's an amazing place, and I can't recommend it enough!
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
Katie
"Magnificent hotel; amazing staff and service"
We stayed just overnight after a cruise but what an amazing 24 hours. Prior to our stay, via email, the hotel had arranged for our water taxi transfer from the port to the hotel and for our auto taxi from hotel to airport. They were prompt and informative in their emails. Upon arrival at the hotel we were warmly greeted and let to their beautiful garden where we were treated to a lovely snack while waiting for our room. Our room was beautiful - large bed, magnificent bathroom with separate bathtub - we raced out to spend just our few hours in Venice, lovely restaurants just near the hotel - a 20 minute walk or so to St. Mark's - our early departure meant we would miss breakfast but the staff prepared take-away bags for us. We highly recommend Hotel Moresco and would stay there again should we be lucky enough to return to Venice.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
"Close to the train station and bus depot"
Very pleasant stay. Good breakfast, good happy hour, pleasant staff.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
rich
"Great service, very clean, friendly staff"
Half hour walk to San Marco. Take water taxi from airport. 110 euros, can be reserved by hotel. Goes to hotels front door. Small rooms, very quiet, super breakfast, great happy hour with food and beverages such that going out to dinner almost not necessary. Modern bath amenities. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Ironman
"Perfection!"
We stayed at the Hotel Moresco for five nights. This is the best experience that we have ever had in our travels around the world. The staff is exemplary, especially Mirco and Fabio, and all others who made our visit there so memorable. They helped us in arranging a private water taxi from the airport to the Hotel which made our introduction to Venice extraordinary. They gave us recommendations on restaurants that featured authentic Venetian foods. At the end of our stay, they arranged for a porter to take our luggage, and a driver to meet us at the hotel to take us to the airport. (I would highly recommend this, as we saw many tourists struggle with their luggage as they passed by). The Hotel Moresco itself is wonderful, we were treated with Italian wine and snacks in the outdoor garden courtyard upon arrival. The room had Venetian inspired wallpaper and amenities such as a mini-bar refridgerator and Nespresso machine. The huge shower had numerous heads that would give you a hydro massage at the end of a long day of sightseeing. We had a private enclosed patio and a view of a second courtyard and canal. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone who is contemplating visiting Venice.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Deborah
"Great Place in Venice"
Great Hotel, very quiet in a great location. Not much of a view from your window, out of the tourist central area.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Great hotel, friendly staff"
Stayed here in early May, the rooms are wonderful, very modern amenities, the bathrooms are beautiful, with tiled floors and accent lighting around the tub. The breakfast was a welcome addition, saved us having to locate something else nearby, they have a small bar which is nicely decorated. The staff were great, they catered to our every need and made great suggestions. I highly recommend this hotel.
3 night trip May 18, 2014
Keith
"First Class Hotel"
The atmosphere, the staff, the service were all outstanding. We would definitely stay here again next time.
3 night romance trip Apr 28, 2014
"Amazing customer service"
We had been traveling thru Europe for three weeks staying in a myriad of three and four star hotels, but when we arrived here we had excellent service from beginning of check in thru checkout. They welcomed us in excellent fashion, when checking passports noticed it wasy wife's birthday so they put complementary champagne on ice when they brought up our luggage, breakfast was great, happy hour was great, front desk very helpful. Location close to train and local piazza with good restaurants, but 15 min walk to st marks (you can take water taxi from front door). All in all, this place is a must stay when visiting venice.
2 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"Fabulous hotel convenient to all"
We stayed at Hotel Moresxo on Sunday March 9, 2014. We were greeted by a female concierge who was pleasant and efficient. Although we arrived prior to the check in time, she said our room would be ready shortly and offered us a cappuccino while we waited. The hotel has a lot of character and was absolutely charming. The room itself (204) was exquisite. There was even a Nespresso machine with espresso pods and complimentary water to enjoy. From the comfort of the bed to the bathroom to the private patio, I was so happy to have chosen this hotel to stay in for our one night in Venice. We explored the city and came back to have a drink in their bar area- really good wine! They even offered us some dessert with our wine. I cannot say enough about the kindness of the staff. We ended our evening having a deep conversation with Mierco (night concierge) about politics and life in Italy. Such a wonderful experience overall. Definitely, 100% recommend staying at this hotel.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
A&E
"convenient located"
This hotel is like a gem in Venice. Rooms are comfortable and has a good breakfast spread.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2013
"Perfect hotel"
I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Venice. It is about a 5 minute walk from the train station and located on the Canal. It is easy to get to San Marco by water bus or water taxi. You could even walk there. It takes about one hour if you decide to walk. They have very nice Restaurants nearby as well. The hotel staff was excellent! They were all so pleasant and extremely helpful. The breakfast was excellent and we also enjoyed Happy Hour. It is a beautiful hotel with such lovely decor. The place was immaculate. The rooms were spacious and beautiful. We had a room on the Canal and we could open the window and watch all the boats and Gondolas go by. It is a true gem. We cannot wait to go back.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Great boutique hotel close to train station"
Service here was topnotch. The answer to any and all requests was "of course". A nice happy hour every day with gratis appetizers and generous drinks a such reasonable prices. An always present buffet of fruit and plates of cookies etc. rooms are pleasant and quiet. Loved it.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Dee
"A Wonderful Small Hotel"
From the first moment we stepped into this hotel until we left, we felt completely pampered and well cared for by all of its friendly and efficient staff. We arrived before our room was ready and the manager invited us to have free coffee and pastries in the lounge while we waited. We were led to our room not too long after and found the room clean and beautifully decorated. The hotel is well situated on one of the quieter, smaller canals just a 15 minute walk from St. Mark's Square. The desk manager was very helpful in providing maps and tips for what to see. She also made dinner reservations for us and arranged for a water taxi to the airport on our checkout day. When we return to Venice, this is only place that we want to stay again!
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Sandy
Merico was an excellent host...always helpful and pleasant! Hotel was in a great location. Walking distance to Venice train station... Save time use water taxi to hotel from airport...costly but a Very nice ride! Breakfast was included ...pastries and fruit...great coffee!
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Holiday in Venice"
We enjoyed every aspect of our stay at the Hotel Moresco in Venice. The hotel is well situated and we were able to walk everywhere. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and so was the bathroom, all very clean and modern. I highly recommend staying at the Moresco and have already recommended the hotel to two couples we met during our holiday.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
Kriss
"Great hotel in Venice"
Absolutely loved this hotel. The staff is first rate and very accommodating and helpful. This is a fairly new hotel. The rooms and bathrooms (which are modern and cool) are large by European standards. The neighborhood is quiet and located very conveniently near the Piazzale Roma (about a five minute walk), which is the main transportation center on the island. Excellent hotel all around.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Ted
"Excellent Hotel"
Hotel staff is very friendly, location is quiet and convenient. Highly recommended.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013