All hotels in Lisbon, Portugal
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereTravessa De São Pedro 9 R/c Esq, Bairro Alto, Lisbon, 1200432, Portugal, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good for the young"
Friendly place. Good location but the shower in the bathroom has painted walls and lots of mildew. They no longer include breakfast. The room was clean and the sheets and towels were good quality but the mildew really got to me.
3 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Too noisy to sleep"
Wonderful place but the people walking by talking loudly all night made it impossible to sleep. Won't be going back.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014

"Very disappointed."
I have travelled to Lisbon often and have stayed in many different parts. The hotel name implies a central location, however, this is not the case. You are very high up and on the opposite side of town. I stayed in Room 1. This hotel is absolutely not 4*. I could see there were mixed reviews on this hotel. I made the unfortunate mistake of believing the image that the hotel website had created. The room was freezing. We had to ask for additional heating. The bathroom has no heater at all, and makes the towels feel constantly damp. Selecting a ‘city view’ room essentially means looking directly at a concrete building. The staff were very polite and did the best they could, however, major attention is needed to make this hotel worth paying for. I couldn’t wait to get home to somewhere clean and warm. I never write reviews. But I had booked this as a surprise for NYE and was left feeling very embarrassed. I have stayed in actual 4* hotels in Lisbon which have been more central, cleaner, warmer and cheaper!
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Bairro Alto Rooms"
This is more of a hostel than a hotel, but it suited us perfectly. There is no food on offer but there are many bars and restaurants nearby. There are 4 rooms on the ground floor of the house which is in a small road which is blocked at one end to traffic, therefore it's nice and quiet at night.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Roger
"Nice location, unique style, but could improve"
Staying at Bairro Alto is a nice experience. It is a lively area, but the windows reduced the outside noise nicely. The bedroom was nice, decorated in a funky way and with a very comfortable bed. The downside was the bathroom, which was in between some renovation, and considerably dirty. Dirty as in your fingers would get black if you were to touch the tiles in the shower, for example. There was also some loose sand on the floor; it simply was in the middle of some renovation work and not really fit for guests. The hotel staff simply pointed this out and didn't seem to consider it a big problem, though, which is a shame, because nearly everything else about this place was quite alright. Don't expect a lot of service, though; there are only four rooms, and there is no one available at the reception most of the time (they do come if you call, though).
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
dreixel
"Very good experience"
Fantastic everything
3 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
cristian

"Bien en general"
Bien en general muy buena ubicación pero el hotel muy solitario y poco servicio, al menos deberían tener en la habitación algo para calentar agua y poder tomar un te ya que no tiene servicio de desayuno ni siquiera pagando lo. . ..
3 night trip Oct 12, 2014
leonardo
"Prima kamer"
Op de kamer niets aan te merken, schoon, goed bed, ruime badkamer. Alleen 's avonds en 's nachts erg veel lawaai op straat. Appartement ligt hoog in de stad, niet dichtbij een metrostation, dus als je met koffers aankomt is een taxi aan te bevelen!
4 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2014
Ellen
NL
"Ubicación perfecta"
Cerca de todo. Junto al mirador de Alcántara en el Barrio Alto. Habitaciones muy espaciosas. Hotel familiar. Ideal para disfrutar de los paseos por Lisboa durante el dia y al atardecer sus vistas desde el Mirador y la noche en el Barrio Alto.
8 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
José Manuel
"hôtel très original"
il faut trouver l'hôtel mais une fois que c'est fait, on entre dans un beau petit cocon, très peu de chambres, à mi chemin entre maison d'hôtes et hôtel, accueil très sympathique, excellent petit déjeuner, décoration design, bref, heureux d'avoir séjourné à house4lisboa! Je conseille à tout le monde!
2 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2014
stefan M.
"Bra läge i Bairro Alto"
Väldigt fräsht rum! Wifi finns. Dock så finns det ingen frukost, ingen bar etc. Enbart rum, väldigt litet hotell. Utmärkt läge om man gillar uteliv.
5 night romance trip Aug 21, 2014
Christian
SE
"Flott beliggenhet"
Trivelig 4-roms "hotell". God frokost og hyggelig betjening.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"parece más bonito en la web que al natural"
No me ha parecido muy limpio y mucha olor a humedad.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
laura
"Céntrico pero tranquilo"
Sorprendido porque sólo tiene 4 habitaciones y están decoradas con un diseño muy vanguardista
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Empfehlenswert"
Das Hotel ist gut gelegen, sehr zentral, und dennoch preiswert. Zimmer sind sauber, Frühstück ist ausgewogen und entspricht dem Standard in Portugall.
3 night trip Jun 16, 2014
DE
"Tres bien situé"
Très bonne situation, à l'entrée du Barrio Alto, juste en haut de l'arrivée du funiculaire. l'hôtel est dans une rue au calme ce qui est préférable dans ce quartier très animé la nuit. Hôtel sympa de seulement 4 chambres, décorées dans un style recup. personnel peu nombreux mais sympathique. un petit bémol sur le petit dej : peu copieux et facturer en plus le café nespresso un peu mesquin
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2014
jb
FR
"Stilvolles Haus in Bairro Alto"
Sehr schön renoviertes kleines Hotel mit liebevoller Betreuung. Die Wegbeschreibung sollte erweitert werden, nicht mal der Taxifahrer fand es. Ansonsten sehr zu empfehlen, auch wenn es preislich etwas zu hoch liegt.
2 night trip May 13, 2014
DE
Extremt trevlig design i rum, dusch, kök och TV-rum. Trångt att köra dit med bil, men trafiken är besvärlig i hela Lissabon Mycket trevlig personal. Hotellet ligger trevligt till i spännande område.
2 night trip Oct 28, 2013
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for House4 Bairro Alto

"Lovely part of Lisbon"
02/03/15 Alison C London, United Kingdom
My husband and i stayed here for 3 nights in January. It is in a lovely part of Lisbon that has cobbled streets, lots of local bars, restaurants and bakeries nearby. The hotel only has 4 rooms, all of them have en-suites. Our bedroom and bathroom were large with a mix of old and new decor. We had just a shower with no bath which was very warm and powerful. Flavio (think that is how it is spelt), the man in charge was very polite and helpful during our stay. The hotel, although close to lively bars was very quiet. I would recommend this hotel if you like places small and friendly that have a very personal feel.
"Very disappointed."
01/10/15 am12015 London, United Kingdom
I have travelled to Lisbon often and have stayed in many different parts. The hotel name implies a central location, however, this is not the case. You are very high up and on the opposite side of town. I stayed in Room 1. This hotel is absolutely not 4*. I could see there were mixed reviews on this hotel. I made the unfortunate mistake of believing the image that the hotel website had created. The room was freezing. We had to ask for additional heating - a small fan heater was provided. The bathroom has no heater at all, and makes the towels feel constantly damp. Selecting a ‘city view’ room essentially means looking directly at a concrete building. The staff were very polite and did the best they could, however, major attention is needed to make this hotel worth paying for. I couldn’t wait to get home to somewhere clean and warm. I never write reviews. But I had booked this as a surprise for NYE and was left feeling very embarrassed. I have stayed in actual 4* hotels in Lisbon which have been more central, cleaner, warmer and cheaper!
"Very nice B&B"
08/17/14 City-Joern
Very good location in Barrio Alto. Only 4 rooms so you need to book in advance. Helpful staff, good breakfast and rooms with A/C. We stayed in room #1. This is not a typical hotel and far more charming..
"Best experience ever"
06/27/14 Catia S London, United Kingdom
I travel a lot and I'm very particular about my choices. This is the perfect place to stay if you like peace quiet and a great staff. It's not a hotel it's more a intimate place where you feel at home, with a wonderful decor and very very comfortable and clean rooms. I recommend it 100%
"Extremely disappointing"
06/08/14 JulieLND Singapore, Singapore
I have bookedhouse4 because it was apparently very design and a luxury place to stay. I am totally dispointed! For lisbon, it's expensive (95€ incl. Breakfast). The room we had was very small and without windows… (not pleasant AT ALL!) The bathroom is also very tiny and the separation with the bedroom is ridiculous (you hear everthing and steam comes from the bathroom to the bedroom). The breakfast is not very good and light is the common room is low. Good points are the situation, in the heart of barrio alto, multicolor lights in the room which are funny the first 15min. Maybe we were not lucky with our room but I would not recommend it.
"Amazing hotel in an amazing location"
07/20/12 Olivier C Paris, France
Perfect location for an an amazing design hotel! Each Room is different with a great design. The service is excelent.
"Amazing hotel in Lisbon!"
07/18/12 LuisMiDominguez
I loved this hotel because it was very charming. It feels like if you were at home. I went with my wife to Lisbon to celebrate our honeymoon and it was wonderful. We loved Lisbon and the Barrio Alto. The hotel is in a perfect location. At just 300 meters of the hotel you have El mirador which is a nice place where you can see excellent views of the city. Also the staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful, they will help you with any questions you may have. If you are visiting Lisbon and you are looking for a romantic getaway, pleasure trip or any other kind of trip House4ba is the hotel to stay.
"Best hotel experience"
07/10/12 Catia S London, United Kingdom
House4 is the best place i ever stayed in. A beautiful boutique hotel situated in the best place in the city, bairro alto where you can go from a walking distance to the best restaurants and bars in Lisbon. The staff is very friendly and attends to every single need.Quiet hotel, very clean and the beds are superbly comfortable. A beautiful breakfast until 12 or 1 pm if you need to rest... Not a conventional hotel which is great. I felt like i was home. I travel a lot and i do recommend this place to everybody. young, older or with kids. The perfect escape... Catia UK
"Hard to find and not worth the search"
05/03/12 PortiaLancs London, United Kingdom
Anyone who has read any of my previous reviews will know that I am very fair in my report of properties and very rarely have anything to complain about. This is the exception to that rule. This was an awful place to stay - if its a home from home for some people, then I do wonder what their homes must be like. My first and main complaint is about the bathroom. I was horrified to see that the shower was in fact a Hoselock garden hose - I have photographs to prove this. There were no bath taps so taking a bath after a hard days sight seeing was out of the question. Whilst showering, it was impossible for me to stand upright under the 'shower' - I am 5'6" and the shower would go no further than about 5'3" which meant having to crouch to wash my hair. The water was so slow to drain away that it was still in the bath several minutes later. There was some kind of leak as well which meant that the water flooded the bathroom. There was only one lamp in the bathroom which meant it was virtually impossible to see yourself in the mirror in the evenings. The walls of the bathroom were very badly stained as well. Breakfast - orange squash (not even fresh) no water, coffee that was warmed in the microwave when we advise them that the coffee pot contents were cold. Couple of bits of bread with cheese and ham and jam (with a hair in mine on the first morning :( ) The 'designer' furniture was not at all conducive to a comfortable breakfast, one plastic stool and one chair that was too low for the table. We found that we could not face this breakfast and ate elsewhere. The only plus side was the location, but for 120 euros per night I would have expected a lot more than this. I booked with a company called Splendia and I contacted them on my return to raise my concerns about this place. They contacted me today to say that the hotel state that it is as advertised on their website and that 91% of people like it!! - which is utter rubbish. They also said that there was a bar and 24 hour reception. Well the bar was a shelf with some wine on it and the 24 hr reception was a cupboard which was not manned all the time. If you like to pay over the odds for poor quality accommodation then by all means go ahead and book it. To me this should have been no more than 50 euros per night. I will not be using Splendia again and will, in future, look carefully at any property described as 'Boutique' I would say it was more like Primark. I doubt that they will put my review on their website -there do not appear to be any 'bad ones' which is par for the course with these types of company. Ah well, lesson learned and hopefully not to be repeated. Apart from all that, Lisbon is a wonderful place to visit - good value for money for food and drink and very pleasant people.
"A real 'home from home' in a great location."
01/03/12 choosymadam Belfast, United Kingdom
House4 is hard to find but is well worth the search. Our family of 5, all over 17, loved every minute. We got the bus to Restauradores and then walked up Calcada da Gloria - I would not recommend you do that, be patient and take the Elevador. As we came up Travessa da Sao Pedro, luckily Babienne, (one of the 2 staff) was at the door. She spotted us with and asked were we looking for House4 - I don't think we would have realised we were at it only for her. They had emailed to ask about our arrival time. We were greeted warmly and made to feel very welcome. There was a mistake in our booking and they had only expected 4 of us but that was quickly sorted, we were given another room for the first night and then a single bed was placed in one of the rooms for the next 3 nights. Every request was fulfilled quickly and cheerily, from another pillow, to soap or more milk. The rooms are spotless with snow white sheets and towels. There is easily controlled heating or airconditioning units. The showers in both rooms were great and had everything you could need.Our sons were in the windowless room but there was a skylight and they loved the innovitive lighting as well as all the other technology. The free WiFi was used a lot! Breakfast was great and served at whatever time we arrived at the living room which cleverly transformed to a breakfast area. It did not bother them if we turned up at 8 or 11 o clock, we were still served lovely fresh foods, cereal, juice, fruit, bread, rolls, butter, selection of hams, cheeses and preserves. We could not have asked for better. They kindly looked after our luggage on the last day so we could get out and about and enjoy the end of our holiday. If you want an impersonal hotel then House4 is not for you but if you want to really experince Lisbon and Bairro Alto in particular then give it a try. Just one warning, it is hilly but there is a brilliant bus service and taxis are cheap but some are unwilling to do short trips even if it is uphill. Get a 24 hr bus pass, it works on the Elevadors as well as the 15 tram out to Belem - well worth a visit. House4 is in the old part of Lisbon so expect to see really old buildings, and worn/broken cobbled streets. There is graffetti everywhere, one of our sons thought at first we were in a questionable area but he soon realised it was just old with a lovely sense of history and tradition.