All hotels in Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Croft on Tees, Darlington, England, DL2 2ST, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Will stay here again"
Very friendly, welcoming staff. Very decent food and hotel comfortable although rooms rather elderly and in need of some redecoration.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Very expensive for a poor quality nights sleep"
Stayed here after a wedding at the nearby Rockliffe hall, which is less than a mile down the road. Hotel VERY expensive for what it is - you do not even get breakfast. The room was large and clean, however the floor was very uneven which was interesting after a few wines! Upon entering the room it smelt like a fish and chip shop due to the window being wide open straight above a working kitchen. Terrible nights sleep due to noise in the hotel, there is 0 insulation in the walls. Every time you flushed the loo or turned on the tap the pipes made an unnecessary amount of noise and banging. This could also be heard if your neighbour did the same. Reception staff seemed stressed and unapproachable. Pro of the hotel is that it only took us 15-20 mins to walk back from Rockliffe and the surrounding area is lovely.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Gina
Room was noisy in morning due to being next to a main road and no double glazing
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Grant
"Good value but needs TLC"
Good value, large room and bath, a bit scruffy round the edges. Small TV, hard bed, free wi-fi, tea/coffee in room. Great value food and drinks although closed at 8pm on Sunday and only served fixed price menu, no a la carte. God priced drinks and friendly young staff. Nice freshly cooked breakfast only complaint no fresh fruit only dried.mgoid parking easy to find. Nothing nearby.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
"Fair do's."
Felt like I was in a hotel in Blackpool. Staff were very nice.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
robert
Ask for a room facing the rear if you want a quiet room
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Good location, comfortable accommodation."
Welcoming staff, very spacious rooms. However, breakfast was very poor, as was the attitude of the chef. For this reason I would not recommend this hotel to a friend. Sack the chef and I would be willing to try staying again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Allyson
"not a gastro pub - slept on a camp bed"
advertised as a gastro pub - this is was certainly not - oh sorry we have changed and dont do food like this anymore - even though on their web page it says GASTRO PUB. Also we booked a room for 3 people and we got a double bed and a camp bed Wedding at the hotel that wekend so no where to sit at the bar - was not advised a wedding was taking place in the public areas. Emailed the hotel twice about or disapoinment and we did not get a reply
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Ideal for our short break...."
Great value, lovely room, peaceful, fabulous breakfast
3 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
Carl
ZA
"Friendly & Comfortable"
Second time I've booked this hotel when working nearby in Darlington, great staff, friendly atmosphere and comfortable surroundings. Will book again.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Business Overnight"
Booked late, nice old hotel, renovated to a good standard.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Stephen
"Maybe in need of more staff!"
I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions so knew what to expect. The general standard of the hotel is very high and the rooms are individual, spacious and very well presented. The only draw back this time was that I had to hunt down a member of staff to come back to reception to check me in - a sign on reception told me to go to the bar area but there was nobody to be found there either and I ended up knocking on the kitchen door! Not a huge deal but frustrating after a long drive and while dragging a suitcase and laptop. My only other (very small!) niggle is that the hotel offer room service but do not provide menu's in the room?? I appreciate the menu changes regularly but even a list of 'staples' would make the process easier!
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
"Business stay"
Used this hotel for one night as I was in the area on business. Was upgraded to a large but dated room which was clean and overall ok. The service and food at dinner and breakfast was very good. No reason not to use this hotel again.
1 night business trip Nov 26, 2014
Gordon
"Croft Hotel Weekend."
Emma the waitress and Ian the barman were excellent. There was a Young Farmers function on the Friday night. But although we were in a front room, the noise was not excessive.
Tony
"Good Business Hotel"
Excellent Staff, Customer service and great value for money.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"Saturday night stay"
Stayed on a saturday night, although there was a wedding reception on, it was quiet. Good value and breakfast was superb.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Great for a no bells and whistles stay"
We got this hotel at a discounted price for a last minute weekend away. The hotel staff were very friendly and the meal we had in the hotel was simple pub grub but done very well and for a good price. The hotel seems to be a hotel that is trying new things and so there are a few teething problems but nothing major. The breakfast supplied was lovely, not greasy and very filing! If you want a nice comfortable stay in a friendly location, but without any of the bells and whistles you may get at more expensive hotels, The Croft is a major option.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014

"Sehr empfehlenswert!"
Sehr schönes Zimmer, sehr gutes englisches Frühstück, freundliches Personal, sehr gute Lage. Würde jederzeit wieder buchen! Very nice room, very good English breakfast, friendly staff, very good location. Would like to book again!
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Brigitte
DE
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for The Croft Hotel

"Mixed Feelings , Potential is there , Very good breakfast."
09/01/15 natalie1204
Hotel is run down looking from the outside - the reception/bar/reception area is very nice, modern and clean. However drinks not cheap from the bar. We were allocated room 1 which was supposed to be a superior double however it did not resemble anything on the pictures on the internet. The room smelt of damp and when we arrived despite the pouring rain the window was open - I'm guessing to try and disguise this. Furniture and bathroom dated - holes in the wall in the bathroom where the towel rail had been. For breakfast I ordered smoked salmon and scrambled eggs however to be told ten minutes later 'the fish man' had not been therefore I opted for a full English. The Full English was delicious, well presented and well cooked. Lovely butchers sausages and I've never seen a mushroom the size of it ! Although it was slow to arrive it was well worth the wait - one of the nicest breakfasts I have experienced. Overall we didn't find this hotel value for money. With some improvement could be great. Staff also lovely.
"Very enjoyable Sunday roast platter"
08/31/15 SouthernCountryGal13 Darlington, United Kingdom
Popped in for a Sunday roast on the 30th August with friends. We were served the most delicious roast beef platter, full of roast potatoes, slices of beef and the yorkshire puddings were huge!! The vegetables that accompanied our meal were spot on! What a wonderful way to serve a roast dinner. You can help yourself to what you want instead of the plate coming out over filled. The gravy was the best I have had the pleasure to try and the head chef came out to see us to personally tell us how to make a good gravy. What a lovely chap!! We had the 3 course menu and it's such a great price. The starters were scrumptious and puddings, especially the bread and butter pudding were to die for. We left the Croft Hotel with very full bellies . Once again thank you very much for making our meal a wonder experience and please pass on our compliments to the head chef!!!
"Amazing service "
08/30/15 Tim J
A group of 8 handsome, weary cyclists arrived at the hotel after 85 gruelling miles. Utterly exhausted and in need of a shower, the hot water was t working. Whilst we waited, the staff at the hotel were amazing. Craig, Ian and especially Bethan really looked after us. 100% recommended
"Great customer experience"
08/30/15 Tom D
We arrived as a bunch of cyclists on a long ride. There was an issue with our hot water but thanks to amazing staff, Craig, Ian and beth, they took great care of us, as compensation... Brill. The rooms were well equipped, clean and comfortable. And beth was our brilliant and lovely waitress. Thanks again
"Weary cyclist group, well looked after "
08/30/15 Mathew W
We arrived after a long day of cycling from Keswick. No hot water when we got here however was quickly sorted out by Ian and Craig. Bethan served our food, good laugh and really looked after us. Thank you.
"Constant quality please?"
08/24/15 Jeff G Darlington, United Kingdom
I/we have been visiting the Croft since 1978 & have experienced many changes over the years particularly in their cuisine. I have to say generally it is good, but on Sunday 23rd August we called in at approximately 17:00 for a very late lunch & I/we have to say it was very disappointing. Initially, the meal was warm, the vegetables were a little too 'crunchy'/undercooked for my taste & probably microwaved & we didn't receive a cut of roast pork as you'd expect but a cut of pork loin instead (I think!) which was satisfactory, but when the customer expects a roast pork Sunday lunch one usually receives a roast pork Sunday lunch! I wish I had asked for roast beef & I/we may have been served fillet steak! We were informed by one of the staff that the Croft is going through yet another change - one of many over the past few years, though I do not understand how changing chefs, management/owners & refurbishment should effect the quality of a simple Sunday lunch - either early or late! We paid £40+ for two courses & one round of drinks, which I thought was a little excessive for such a poor quality meal - though I have to say, the service is always excellent & the Croft has a pleasant dining experience ambience.
"Nice hotel shame about the understaffing. "
08/17/15 Gary G
The Croft is a good clean hotel with friendly staff.. The rooms are ok, with slightly outdated furniture and ours had a sloping floor in the bathroom. The hotel breakfast was a good selection of cereals and a good size full English. The problem was the 2 guys trying to serve us were a bit slow and didn't actually serve in order. So we had a long wait and as we were meant to be elsewhere it meant that we had to rush it. This spoilt a otherwise nice hotel..
"Afternoon Tea"
08/13/15 Karen B Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
We found this little gem after taking our son to the Croft Circuit (18th birthday present driving experience!!) we were all absolutely ravenous so this was the first place we came across and it didn't disappoint. Myself and my youngest both ordered the afternoon classic tea. Most satisfying and fantastic value for money. We got egg and cress, lovely thick cut lean ham and smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches on soft white and brown bread, scone with jam and cream, absolutely huge piece of chocolate fudge cake and a lemon tart. We regretted ordering the chunky chips as an extra, they were tasty but I struggled to get through the sandwiches and scone. All really fresh, the scone tasted fresh out of the oven. My husband and eldest son both had the burger, again, generous sized, fresh, well presented and they both said it was amazing. It cost us just over £50, we were all stuffed and could hardly move. Well worth calling in, will definitely go again if we're in the area
"Pleasant room, lovely evening meal"
07/24/15 Richard J Downham Market, United Kingdom
We were initially given a room on the front of the hotel, but the staff happily moved us to a room on the back when we asked. The room was perfectly pleasant, but not particularly special. In contrast, the evening meal which we ate in the bar, was really very nice indeed. And breakfast the following morning was also very enjoyable.
"Disappointing"
07/23/15 Gina R
Visited this hotel with my husband after a wedding at Rockliffe Hall. Ideally situated with a 10 minute walk from Rockliffe Hall. Had a very modern bar area and reception. Breakfast was tasty and large. Room was disappointing with tired furniture and bathroom. Overpriced for quality of stay.