All hotels in Karon, Thailand

Good internet service
    Great room
    Comfortable
    Location is ok
"The villas across the street are 2 stars"
The main buildings (restaurants, front office) have a good design and have curb appeal. Once you cross the street and see the villas, reality sets in. I was in the 300 series rooms, my room was not ready to check-in at 4pm - had to be cleaned. Multiple wall cracks and dirt smears on several walls, patio sliding door lacked door bar for added security. The front door secondary lock did not work. The bathroom was awful. They designed the bathroom to be simple, which is fine, however by letting moldy caulking be visible in all parts of the bathroom is inexcusable. Shower drain was slow and typically had up to 1 inch of water around your feet. The toilet water was brown, not due to a dirty toilet but the water was actually brown! Lack of adequate water flow for the toilet was wasteful due to numerous flushes needed. The outside view (distance) on the balcony was nice, however if you looked down immediately from the balcony, trash was strewn in abundance and was never cleaned daily.
3 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2014
Carols
"Far from beach. Expensive breakfast & transport"
Far from beach. Expensive breakfast. Expensive hotel transport to town. Pool bar open all day but waited for hour for our order. Room dirty with shoe marks against walls.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"For Slit Personality's"
The hotel is equidistance between Karon and Patong Beach's. Great location if you want the relaxing beach of Karon or if your in the mood to Shop, eat, and drink on Patong. Taxie's will try to charge u 300 THB but if your a good haggler u can get them down to 200 from either beach to the hotel. Room was clean, nice amenities, even a beach bag for you to use. Staff was helpful but housekeeping came very late in the day when we just got back from the beach and we're getting ready for dinner.
2 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2014
Rob Xavier
"Beautiful Hotel, Operations Need Work"
The room, the views, the pool, etc are all gorgeous at this hotel. When nothing goes wrong, it honestly feels like you're at at 4 or 5 star hotel. However, when we got there, they were overbooked and we had to spend the first night at a horrible motel in Patong (a trashy beach nearby). To be fair, they did upgrade us for the remainder of our stay to an even nicer room at no additional charge. However, during one of those nights, there was light rain and the power went out which meant no electricity (or air conditioning in 80 degree weather) from 9pm until 3am. Like the title says, it's a stunning hotel, but it's the basic logistics and operations that are hurting them most. Hopefully they can figure it out, but for what you're paying .... it's great value!
4 night trip Jan 1, 2014
"Busy Road and a Cliff"
Hotel is on two sides of a busy highway. Reception and the restaurant are on one side with the majority of rooms and the pool on another. There wasn't a signal or a crosswalk. You either ran quickly or waiting a long time for the hotel cart to come get you. The room were really on a cliff with a steep and uneven walkway that did not have any handrails. I would not recommend this hotel for seniors or young children. Room was clean and breakfast buffet was very good.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Extending Stay"
I didn't have my entire trip planned and decided to extend my stay. At the front desk it was probably 3-4 times the cost from online. So I booked two additional nights on Expedia. All of the pictures and descriptions were the same, but the prices and rooms are not. I booked one for $24 a night which is great, but it was the wrong room and I would have had to move. To upgrade they wanted $33 per night in addition to the $24 I had paid. If extending, make sure you book the same area of the hotel! If you booked the 3rd most expensive, book that one again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
JackTalkThai

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good view!"
Room was good. View is great. It was a nice one night stay. Recommended for people who prefers quiet environment.
1 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2016
SG
I was with my Fiancee for a short holiday. It was a great choice that we booked in Secret Cliff Villa. The food was excellent, staff are accommodating, efficient service. The pool is fantastic. What i like most is that its vicinity its almost near to the beach and the shopping area. I will definetely recommend this hotel and will be booking the same hotel when we visit phuket again.
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2016
Charo Russel
SG
"Secret Cliff Good And Bad"
Incredible view of the ocean. However, the deluxe suits are extremely noisy. You hear every movement that happens at the restaurant above, which starts at about 6:30am when breakfast starts...and ends at around 12 midnight. So Good Luck. We stayed at room 149...
6 night romance trip Jan 12, 2016
Asanda
ZA
"Great location. Great food."
Best Thai food during our three week holiday. Wonderful view. Room a good size. Resort needs a little renovating in places.
Other trip Jan 17, 2016
"not as described"
this was nothing as described, we had to find a new hotel after 9pm on our last night - it was awful! This was awful - the photos made this place look incredible so we increased our budget and booked our last night holiday here. When we got there, looked amazing, reception was gorgeous, restaurant looked lovely, then we were asked to hop in the golf cart to go to our sea view villa....the golf cart then crossed the busy high way into a dodgy property behind a wrestling ring. we were led to our "villa" which was the most minimal box room you could imagine, the decor seemingly not updated since the 60s and the bathroom was a hand shower attached to the wall with a basin and toilet, no actual fitted shower. the room was tiny, the balcony old, dirty and gross. The sea view? If you call tiny spots of blue you can hardly glimpse through the wall of trees just over the dirty rows of roof tops a sea view... then it might tick your box, but it was nothing like the listing. We complained and were offered an "upgrade" which was to a room exactly the same but with twin beds instead of our requested king??? Completely unimpressed. We were fortunately fully refunded and managed to find another hotel at 9:30pm thank goodness. The room was booked through Expedia which is where the incorrect description was, where they apparently never made it clear that this resort has 2 different sections, nice like the photos, and really bad without photos.... make sure you check which one you're getting.
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
tarryn
Very relaxing & enjoyable stay
3 night romance trip Dec 15, 2015
SANJAY
IN
"Perfect for the price :)"
Really good, perfect for the price, the people working there are very nice. Good service. Good breakfast, the restaurant was really good as well. The only one negative thing I would say, is the road because it gets a bit busy sometimes. But overall, it was perfect for the price.
6 night trip Dec 13, 2015
Maxime
"Nice hotel with great view"
Hotel staff needs improving, never offered tea or coffee for breakfast.
Other trip Dec 6, 2015
kaddie
"Typical 3* hotel. A rough diamond resort"
Friendly staff. Resort needs tidying up. Rooms clean and staff helpful. Courtesy bus only runs twice per day to Karon and Patong. Taxi and tuktuks cost around 200 Baht one way.
Other trip Dec 2, 2015
Jo
"no access to hotel on foot."
Firstly,the hotel is very secluded and cannot be got to by foot,you need a taxi everytime you leave or ideally rent a scotter.also its very very steep getting from your room to the main reception and the complex is seperated by the main coastal road,making it very difficult to gain access to either side.some breathtaking views especially round the dining area and pool,although the later was having a refurb during our stay,which meant a lot of noise and the place looking like a building site at times.rooms where big and clean,although looking a bit dated.
3 night romance trip Nov 24, 2015
michael
"Seaview Room"
We stayed in 2 Seaview rooms across the road from the main reception. Above bush and trees, so peeks of a bit of the sea, but nice to wake up to. Golf cart shuttles could be called to drive us down, or the walk down was short. Its on a main road into Karon, so crossing the road sometimes was harder. Unfortunately some construction going on, (property upgrades? Nov 2015) so a little noisy, and we had to step thru muddy dirt and straight into our clean rooms. Otherwise comfortable. Restaurant is well located to see the whole of karon beach :)
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
NZ
"Hidden secret resort on the cliff"
Reasonably priced hotel room including wifi and buffet breakfast. Comfortable big bed and room with Seaview.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
Azriel
"Best service, location & views"
There arent enough words to express the incredible experience we had with Secret Cliff. The staff were beyond helpful and friendly! They made a huge impact on us. The hotel situation was 20/10.. spectacular! Seeing is believing so i highly reccomend them. YOU.WILL.NOT.BE.DISAPPOINTED! P.s you must try the boiled banana in coconut cream for dessert ;) breakfast was delish.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Hosanna
"Night mare on cliff top"
arrived hotel advised us they did not have our reservation put us into a golf buggy and took us across the road up a big hill wallked down 3 flights of stairs down a steep hill with no hand rails expected us to walk down a muddy path and entered a room which was just so small i couldn't believe my eyes we rejected the room and went back to reception and advised room and access to room was a joke they offered no solution .thank goodness hotels . com operator sorted out another hotel for us
4 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
k
"Great view"
I really enjoyed my stay there. Staff was friendly and watching the sunset from the deck was fantastic. There was a muay Thai gym on the property which have me a fantastic workout
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
jonny
"good comfort hotel"
Nice spacious rooms with lot of greenery and an amazing sea view
5 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Aditya Sai
IN
"Secret Cliff is a Secret"
Great priced hotel with rooms on the hill / cliff face overlooking the sea. Breakfast included is an excellent variety and of high standard where you eat on a massive deck overlooking Karon Beach.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
ozz
"O.K. But you could do better"
The manager was not very nice and the staff were good but did not like their job. The room was small and to have a shower the whole bathroom would get wet. The location is not very good because it cost so much for the tuk tuk to get to places.
10 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Enjoyed the views & staff"
Staff very pleasant and helpful.At times language barrier was a problem but overall we had a nice stay. Breakfast buffet was good, different selection each morning, couldnt complain.Good value for money especially if ur on a budget but we were quite happy with our choice. It was nice location out of Patong a bit, away from the rat race , scenery was awesome , views over the ocean .Overall we had a lovely stay at Secret Cliff
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
fev
"what a great view"
The hotel is such a surprise,secret is a great name for this hotel. The views are amazing for most of the hotel.Breakfast was very good and the outlook each day made it so special. The Food we order was great and service even for room service very quick.
3 night trip May 31, 2014
alba
"Good views."
We arrived at Secret Cliff after 5 nights in Nai Harn for the second half of our honeymoon. We pulled into a lovely driveway went to the beautiful reception and checked in, then we were put in a buggy with our luggage taken out of the driveway, across the road, past a boxing ring and taken to a "villa". It was disgusting and tiny and the bathroom did not even have an actual shower it was a shower head sticking straight out of the wall opposite the toilet. After walking in then walking straight across the road back to reception (I was very upset) my husband spoke to someone and after paying alot more money we were moved to the cliff side. After waiting 40 minutes for our very expensive room with a beautiful views aircon to actually cool the room down I picked up the phone to call my children in Australia, there was no dial tone or any other signs that it works. So we walked the 150-200 metres back up the virtually vertical hill up to reception to find out that none of the phones at the hotel work so room service was an exhausting walk up the hill then walk back down and wait for them for half an hour to bring our food in a buggy. Beautiful view thats it. Even went to get a massage at the hotel and were told they are going on break for 2 and a half hours. There was a lovely pool with a pool bar which for the 4 nights we were there was never attended ever. We were told if we wanted a drink at the pool to dial 3 from the phone that did not work.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Nice resort in between Karon & Patong beach"
I had a pleasant stay in Secret Cliff Villa, the villa located at very convenient location, in between karon beach & patong beach, will be more convenient if you rent a motorbike. Staff are friendly and helpful :) The only inconvenient is that villa located across the road from front counter. Other than this, all are good and would recommend other to stay here :) The best part was the interior design of this resort maintain the nature's by this cliff, for example like big trees and rocks, the interior design doesn't affect these beauty of nature.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Shirley
MY
"Bad hotel but great boxing gym"
I have been to Thailand 5 times and continue to go - secret cliff was the WORST place ever ! Rooms where so old and our rooms rarely got cleaned - we had the same sheets the whole time , we rarely got new shower towels, the buffet breakfast is horrible and a waste of money ! PATONG BOXING GYM is a great facility ! I go there everytime ! I recommend those boys highly ! Stay at a different place and taxi tuk tuk or get a bike into boxing gym if you want to do Muay Thai !
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
jamie
"Nice hotel if you are looking for options"
This hotel is a good reminder about added costs for travel, breakfast, etc. having said that, staff were great to book excursions and taxis.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
"highly recommend exotic comfortable quiet accomm"
Pros: Central location close to Karon and Patong beach. Super friendly staff ensure your comfort stay and the most convenience. Unlike the other hotels, this one is away from high rise buildings- very leafy and a real resort style accommodation. Free buffee breakfast has so many varieties. Wi-fi is available to all locations of the hotel, very convenient. Cons: only 3 bus schedules to beach. We rented a scooter which makes zero distance to both beaches:). Overall, my bf and I are very happy for our 6 night stay. Staff are friendly and speak good English. We'll definitely come back again.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
Grace
"Friendly Staff"
The staff @this hotel were very friendly, typical of the lovely people of Thailand. The food at the Restaurant was superb, with a very wide variety of dishes to choose from. Of a night, you can see the lights of Karon Beach, which is a beautiful setting for a sumptuous meal. We visited the Sunset Bar a number of times which is only a few steps away from the infinity pool. This pool looks out over the ocean al the way up to Karon. We would recommend this hotel to family and friends.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Ian
"Secluded, away from hustle and bustle"
Decent hotel, however hard to navigate around. Hotel restaurant was nice but pricey, room service was terrible and the desk staff are not hospitable as the other places we stayed in thailand. Pools are quite small for the size of the resort.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
kat
Excellent chilling time, lovely room and good food in the restaurant
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Don't pre pay"
After booking and paying for my room I landed at the hotel to be told that they didn't have one for me. It was midnight and they sent me to another hotel which was cockroach heaven, disgusting. The said they would collect me the next day and I waited 3 hours and then they still had no room when I was dropped of again. The manager swore at me when I complained that I had lost my whole day in Phuket.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Nice hotel & real value for money"
Good experience in terms stay & comfort. Even location is good over seeingteh ocean. Terrific experience.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Kuntal
"Beautiful views and relaxation"
Absolutely adored our stay. Wonderful views away from the hussar and bustle. Only down point is 300 bht taxi fares if you wish to go anywhere other than stay at the resort. For the price we paid we have absolutely nothing to complain about. Breakfast was wonderful daily and room service decently priced. Also expect a 900bht one way fare to and from airport
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
m&m
"Renovating, noisy and dirty rooms."
I was very disappointed by the hotel. The part we stayed in was across the road and quite a hike from the restaurant. This was not clear in the website. They had not provided two single beds like requested and only changed this the next day. The safe was broken. The drain in the shower was blocked and therefore flooded the whole bathroom and you had to walk through a pool of water fill of floating hair and skin cells to get to the toilet. During the day while trying to lounge by the pool the deck was being sanded with a huge noisy machine. After complaining they did stop, but pool was now fill of saw dust. The next day at the pool we were asked to leave the pool area so they could continue renovations!!! The manager was great and the only redeeming factor about this hotel. He organized a nice day trip for us, called us taxis and gave us good advice.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
annie
Couldn't have asked more! Great staff, amazing views, clean room. Location is not perfect and you can't really walk to the nearest beach, but there is a free shuttle to Patong beach and Karon beach every morning.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Lin
"Dissapointed"
The Villa rooms are located across a busy road and up a steep hill requiring a shuttle to get to/from your room to reception and the dining area. These rooms are rated as 3 stars and that are very much that. No access to the beach and requires transport to get to the nearest two shopping and beach areas.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
It was nice stay. They should improve the room service.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
Pratik
SG
"Economical, Clean and Good food"
Restaurant has got a superb view of beach, hotel is very clean and all staff are very supportive. Rate is econimical. It is 2 km far from the beach but except that there is no negative reason to stay in this hotel. Food quality is very good we enjoyed our stay in this hotel
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
IN
"Secret cliff ,good hotel name .Good scenery ."
If the hotel could shown a secret path the Karen beach,that could be very good.I found a secret path to the beach and have a barefoot run on the beach for 4 laps (around 18-20 km).Enjoy it early morning 7am-9 am).(The path is from Karen Hill resort downward there is a trail to Daeng Restaurant--it could reduce a lot carbon footprint and save time waiting for feeder bus).For food--that shoud be a variety of food and not just pizza.At least serve Thai Food and not that pricy.
3 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"The best"
Absolutely beautiful view, great service. 5 stars in my opinion ;)
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Leisa
"Far from everything, Highly not recommended"
The Hotel is far from beach, 200Baht/person to go to nearest beach. The room is away from the reception, you have to cross main road to go to your room which is highly dangerous in Phuket traffic, The motorbike rent charges are double(300Baht/day) which i double then anywhere else, but you no have any option because its far from main city where you can reach to anything. Room toilet flush was not working, room lock was in bad condition, struggle to open the door. Highly not recommended. I will suggest to stay in hotels near the beach, Karon beach is my favorite.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
"NICE HOTEL,"
HOTEL IS OK. JUST THE LOCATION FAR FROM PATONG. EVERY TIME GO OUT NEED TO PAY FOR TAXI
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
MY
"Secret Cliff Villa a spectacular view"
From the moment of arrival I found reception staff very friendly, there was a language barrier but was soon rectified by having an english speaking person on hand. My room was very clean & the view outstanding. My first night there friends staying at another location came & joined me for dinner at Secret Cliff Resort, the food was excellent as was the service. My friends commented on how lovely the resort & villas were & much preferred it to where they were staying in central Karon. My friends & I did the Thai cooking class the resort had on offer...needless to say we had such a fun afternoon...laughter to be had by all. If there was a downfall it would be the need to get tuk tuks or taxis wherever I went but in having said that I think the view & friendliness overrides that. I would have no hesitation in returning to Secret Cliff Villas again.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
Deborah
"Relaxation at Secret Cliff!"
The staff at the hotel were amazing, especialyl Nadeem who was freaking awesome! He upgraded us after we were not too happy with the room we booked. He showed us a couple of rooms, and we got one that was over the sea, and it was awesome! The staff were very helpful and nice to deal with and always had a smile. The hotel is conviniently located between Paton and Karon beach. Only one leaking hole was there in our ceiling, which was repaired, but still the hole made it look a bit unsightly. But I had a fantastic time
Other trip May 7, 2013
Lyndon

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"바퀴벌레가 나오는 호텔"
전체적으로 오래된 호텔이고, 중국 단체관광객들이 오는 곳이였다. 야외수영장에서의 전망은 대체적으로 좋았으나 샤워 시설이 너무 안좋았고, 바퀴벌레와 도마뱀이 나타나 무서워서 편안히 쉴 수가 없었다. 청결상태가 엉망이고, 조식도 엉망이였으며 별로 추천하고 싶지 않다.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
Jihee
KR
"Kaunis ympäristö, vajavaiset palvelut"
Hotelli itsessään oli erittäin mukava, mutta hyvin erillään kaikista palveluista. Hotellilta ei myöskään saanut ostaa mitään: ei savukkeita, aurinkovoidetta jne. Myöskään rahanvaihtoa ei ollut. Huoneemme sijaitsi kaukana resepsuunista ja ravintolasta, ylhäällä rinteessä erittäin vilkasliikenteisen tien toisella puolen.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015