All hotels in Santiago, Chile
Doctor Johow 720, Nunoa, Santiago, Region Metropolitana, 7760299, Chile, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Only as a last resort"
Not the best!
1 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2015

"Neruda style.."
The Casa Muriel is divine. Lots of style around. I arrived feeling a little travel jaded but this revitalised me. It is in Nunoa, a great area and cheap bus system to get elsewhere. Pablo Neruda,s house worth going to see.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
glenys, solo tr
"Neruda style.."
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
glenys, solo tr
"a cosy and friendly place"
Great stay, I felt I was a special guest rather than a mere client. Vast well decorated room with big bathroom, georgeous breakfast, nice garden with trees. Friendly welcome excellent service. On top of that I was kindly invited impromptu to a fantastic private tango recital that took place in a patio within the premices of Casa Muriel (family and friends audience of 20 for a very talented and award-winner young singer, friend of the arty owner's family! ) And so was the guest from the next room, who turned out to be an academic like me. Memorable experience. I went to bed early with regret because I had a long flight and did not hear anything of the party that followed apparently till late: either they were very quiet or my room was well insulated, or both. I would recommend this place heartily.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Truly a home from home!"
Fantastic hosts and staff who are truly committed to service excellence and who welcome one as a member of their family.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2013
ZA

Los propietarios son muy buena gente y muy serviciales, pero las instalaciones y la profesionalidad dejan a desear. El ambinete es familiar, pero esto no es suficiente
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
ES
"Excelente ubicación"
Me sentí como en familia, buena atención, excelente ubicación, zona muy tranquila y segura con servicios de restaurant, centro comercial cerca del hotel y acceso de transporte
6 night trip Mar 13, 2014
Belkis Ortega
VE
"ni por asomo es un hotel de 3 estrellas,"
ni llega ser un conventillo, desde todo punto de vista.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
AR

TripAdvisor reviews for Casa Muriel

"Never again"
12/02/15 sebregts the netherlands
Thankfully slept only one night in this Casa. How dare they call themselves a boutique hotel. For us it was more like a hostel. It was not clean and everything was musty and dusty. Old bed sheets and several old blankets. A mobile airco wich smell terribly. Messy garden. Simple breakfast. Old towels. Not recommended.
"Wonderful place with amazing staff!"
11/18/15 juangB7694CF Texas
I stayed at the hotel while I attended a tech conference in Santiago. The hotel was clean, refreshing, and in a great location. Lots of nearby restaurants and shops. The staff was amazing and very friendly. They helped me with getting around the city and provided much needed information on the bus system and metro lines. A great stay and well worth the visit.
"Frida Kahlo would have liked Casa Muriel"
11/25/14 Frank S Iowa City, Iowa
One family's house, mellow and homey in the genteel creole style of a century ago. The decor includes a ship's mermaid figurehead, rough-hewn angels, shells and lanterns and old mirrors... the opium jar pictured in etched glass on the kitchen door is a relic, not a menu offering. Leisurely breakfast in a real old family dining room, run by a real family, with real conversation. The garden has grown tall and gives dappled shade. Located in Barrio Ñuñoa, Casa Muriel is close to some buildings of the Universidad de Chile and attracts travellers connected to academe. It stands at some distance from the city center. History-loving atmosphere notwithstanding, the internet and hot wáter are up to date. If you've seen enough high-rise barracks, this is your soulful refuge in Santiago.
"Quaint and so comfortable"
07/05/14 lizgraetz Brisbane, Australia
I stayed with a couple of friends at Casa Muriel for two nights and loved the experience. The environment is like a small world of its own with superb decor and design everywhere you look. It really is a spectacular environment to enjoy. They have done an amazing job of creating a vibrant atmosphere and if you love art and culture, you'll be sure to love it here. Be sure to check out the pics on their website. The room was comfortable and had everything I needed to enjoy my short stay. The bathroom was also just right. You may find that the water isn't always hot but that's not specific to Casa Muriel - it's more about the general area - so didn't concern me. On the whole, the room was great - and that was a room suited to three singles. There are other rooms I saw that looked like wonderful options for single or couple stays - all beautifully set up. The breakfast was extremely generous and set up at whatever time suited us each day. There are wonderful spaces in their courtyard area too where you can curl up in the sun and read a book and just enjoy the colourful and welcoming environment. I loved exploring their local neighbourhood for a day too so found that it was located in a terrific place. Having enjoyed every aspect of my brief stay, I can thoroughly recommend Casa Muriel's bright, character-filled and thoroughly comfortable accommodation. It is a total gem tucked away in a classic Santiago neighbourhood. I loved it!
"A different pace of life..."
03/12/14 max_smacks Boston, Massachusetts
I travel for work quite a lot and stay in a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels, so I'm used to the sanitized perfection of Formica and marble. This is not that kind of hotel. Staying here is a bit like going to stay with a favorite uncle - the one who is an artist and a poet. Situated on a quiet residential street this tiny hotel is a charm - if you are prepared to leave behind some of the details of perfection that Marriott and Westin would have you believe were the only definitions of hospitality. This hotel is charming, and a bit cracked and the corners are knocked off, but it REALLY is charming. There is folk art everywhere, nevermind the fact that the towels and the pillow cases do not match...I have rarely felt so comfortable. Whether it is sitting in one of the two small courtyards with a beer, or trying to find how to switch the lights on in my room, everything is on a human scale. The walls are fairly thin, so if you are planning on a night of unrestrained and noisy passion, you may get some jealous looks over breakfast in the small dining room. Also, the rooms do not have numbers, they are named after poets and writers, the furniture is eclectic, and the hot water can fluctuate a tad when you are in the shower. But if you can leave behind all memories of Formica, you will feel safe, and comfortable, and at home. A Spanish friend of mine once welcomed me to his home with the words: "Mi casa, su casa," and that is how I felt. It was nice to be able to borrow one of the bikes that are available free of charge if you want to go exploring, too. It's not the Ritz - thank goodness. I will definitely stay here again if I am back in Santiago. As I said to begin with, staying here is like staying with a warm, friendly and artistic relative - who doesn't speak much English!
"charming bed and breakfast what a surprise!"
11/08/13 Marilyn B Monterey, California
Located back from the residential street this property has a charming beautiful garden and pool, it has several rooms within the house, so the walls are thin. You can hear your neighbors. The staff was wonderful and the breakfast was very good they went out of her way to service earlier than expected so we could fly to next destination. They also arrange for hotel pick up at the airport which was very convenient. Restaurant's and shopping are a 15 minute walk.
"Great Place!"
04/30/13 vmidb London, United Kingdom
Totally loved this place! Rather quirky in a quiet residential area. Looks great if you're into the eclectic bohemian style. Very nice people run the place. We stayed here as we wanted a place within walking distance of the Estadio Nacional as we were going there for a concert but I'd gladly stay here again if I was in Santiago for other reasons.
"Nice house, great breakfast, far away"
03/25/13 egyguru Zurich, Switzerland
Casa Muriel is mainly for spanish speaking guests as the host doesn't speak anything else. The rooms was nice, bathroom okay. The WiFi was excellent! The breakfast was family-style and gave a good start into the day. The free bikes for rent where helpful though the tires were flat and we had to find a airpump before we could use them. The host doesn't have a pump. Weird. The location is of the beaten track and by bike takes you roughly 20min to donwtown. The location is also not marked from the outside so make sure you have the adress written so the cab driver can search for it.
"Bohemian bed and breakfast run by a lovely couple and their son"
01/23/13 Vivianne K Miami, Florida
There are 6 rooms in the main house. We stayed in the Pablo Neruda room. We had French doors that opened to a patio with a hammock. The property is charming with beautiful gardens and quirky art work. The owners are friendly and hospitable. They make you feel at home!
"Oasis en Stgo"
02/06/16 paolapatagonica Punta Arenas
lugar muy acogedor con una decoracion muy particular y linda. la atencion muy buena todos muy amables. fuimos por un. concierto en el estadio nacional queda muy cerca a pie tiene una piscina que es muy buena opcion si vas en verano el lugar es muy tranquilo a pasos de plaza ñuñoa y portal ñuñoa