All hotels in Nevsehir, Turkey
Gaferli Mahallesi Goynuk Sokak No.5b, Goreme, Nevsehir, Nevsehir, 50180, Turkey, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Great amenities
    Bad internet service
"Comfortable and convenient, with a personal touch."
Gerdis Evi was just what we were looking for: a small, family run hotel with an authentic feel. Kadir, the owner, was extremely helpful and booked an airport shuttle, Green Tour and balloon ride for us, all of which were great. He even checked the weather and rescheduled the green tour to make sure we wouldn't be rained out! The hotel is made of stone and tucked into a hillside near a couple of fairy chimneys. It is convenient both to the shops and restaurants of Goreme and to the Open Air Museum. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts were tasty and varied. We would definitely recommend staying there!
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Fantastic stay in Cappadocia"
Kadir, the owner, is very friendly and helpful in suggesting things to do while I was in Turkey. I learned a bit about the town of Goreme from him. The room was very spacious and clean. Great stay!
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Alice
"Home-style Hotel"
Sahin and Kadir were excellent hosts, with very useful tips for exploring the area and different hiking trails, sites to see, etc. Yummy breakfast every morning and tea at all hours. It was a wonderfully home-y vibe.
3 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"3 star hotel with basic facilities"
3 star hotel - rooms are basic - beds a bit uncomfortable - no daily housekeeping - staff is friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a basic place to stay it serves its purpose. Breakfast is a traditional turkish offering.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Jonathon
"Great hotel! Wonderful staff, perfect location!"
Fantastic hotel and staff in a wonderful location. Look out your window and see the balloons fly daily. Breakfast was large and wonderful... Lots of choices. Room was spectacular.
3 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
Zach
"Totally opposite to expedia's displayed pics/info"
Other than the staff's helpfulness and good heating, this hotel is quite disappointing. There is 2 buildings next to each other a new one and a very old one. If your not lucky you will end up in the old building which is very awful. A 50 year old building with nothing. A bed, mirror and a very bad toilet which looks like it was built for elves which I kept banging my head in the door entrance. Clay walls with the window overlooking to the corridor with only 2 electrical sockets that are very far away from bed. In the morning you will wake up very early to the sound of people talking and shutting the doors that are very close. Internet is zero, even in the lobby it kept shutting down on both my cell phone and tab. I stayed for 4 days and no one cleaned my room or brought new towels, and when I asked owner said, "You can leave your key and we will see if we can clean it for you". It's family run hotel or shall I say family and friends, since the owner's friend Chahine is there for like 24 hours with his Indonesian girlfriend. They are very helpful and friendly but they are not professional. Breakfast is very simple consisting of cheese, eggs, bread..., and when I was having breakfast owner's son kept looking at me strangely which is very annoying. One night I came with a friend to have a nap, but owner didn't want to allow her in even though I had room booked for 2 on expedia and asked not to repeat again like he did me a favor. Lots of better hotels nearby with same price.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Gilbert
"If you are looking for a hostel with private room"
This is a hostel with private rooms in my opinion. I do not know may be other rooms are better my was typical hostel private room. Bathroom is terrible. I was not able to take shower at all. Location is fine. Owners are nice, breakfast nothing to write home about but for the price couple nights will be fine
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Close to the town and felt like a home!"
First of all thank you Bakir and Khadir for your hospitality at your place. You and your family made me feel welcomed. Thank you for all your help with planning. I had a great time and I would defiantly stay and recommend others to do the same when traveling to Cappadocia, Turkey:)
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Raman
"Couldn't have asked for better"
I couldn't have asked for better in a hotel. The room was very clean, comfortable, well decorated, well heated (needed in April). The wifi was on and off the 1st day but was fine after that. The hotel's best was the incomparable staff who was so friendly, helpful, trustable, reliable. They offered us dinner on the house beause we checked in very late the first night. Then they kept giving us free bottles of water because we constantly ran out of them. They trusted us for all payments for the room but more importantly for the hot air balloon ride and other until checkout. They were very helpful in the description of the things to see and do in the area and weren't pushy for certain things like some people do to get a commission.
3 night trip Mar 31, 2014
Trung
Very spacious, nicely decorated and clean. We followed the hotel owner's advice regarding a balloon company and a particular pilot and were very happy with this. There are so many balloons there, that it's good to have an experienced pilot. Our baby had lots of space to crawl around in the room and our older daughters had their own little corner. The room just needs a few extra things like a kettle (we had to keep asking for hot water to make milk for our baby) and something to wash a few garments in. The breakfast was quite good but not as good as the website promised. Overall, a lot for not so much money. promised.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
We arrived at 21h00 and were welcomed with Turkish tea and the best baklava out of 14 days stay at various places all over Turkey. The rooms and beds are of excellent standard and it is located close to town as well as the Open air museum. I would most certainly stay there again and can recommend it with a clear concience.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013

"Brilliant brilliant brilliant"
Owner makes this place. He was beyond amazing, from picking us up from the bus station despite it being a 5 minute walk, arranging and suggesting all our activities. Within 10 minutes of arriving we had three days of activities planned. Hotel itself is in a great location, just off the road so away from the noise, but right in the centre of town. Rooms are perfect, breakfast was a great selection with some fruit and eggs available. Would recommend anyone staying in Goreme.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Very friendly and helpful host. Willing to recommend and organize activities in the area as well as aeroport transfer.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Convenient accommodation in Goreme"
Very well situated on the flat in the middle of town. Breakfasts are fresh and a great array of food to help yourself to. We appreciated the proprietor booking the shuttle buses to and from airport.. The only downside for us was our room was very small. Hardly anywhere to put your luggage and nowhere provided to hang any clothes.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Kay
"Great family fun in Cappadocia!"
Absolutely terrific - we would definitely recommend staying here. Very nice accommodation, very good breakfast. Our host Kadir was wonderful and very helpful in arranging a guide, restaurants and a balloon trip for us and our two young children. You won't be disappointed.
4 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Emily
"december trip"
Good location. Friendly staff. Basic mandatory requirements. Overall Ok.
5 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Very good"
The service was great and very friendly. You feel like being part of a family
4 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Gilles
"great location, decent service"
Great location and cosy room. Althought they didnt clean or tidy up the room for 2 nights but I guess I should have requrested them. The manager or owner was not particulary kind or nice but they would try to help for anything I asked for. It was a bit too hot for me to sleep at night as there's no aircon or fan but I knew that most of the hotels nearer don't have aircon or fan so can't complain. Maybe cave hotel could be a bit cooler. Overall not bad.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
solo traveller
SG
"Warm people"
Good place to stay. Nice weather, warm people (especially the hotel owner). Quiet and comfortable place to stay.
2 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2014
"Fantastic Service"
We stayed for 2 nights at Gerdis Evi and can't speak enough for the fantastic service and hospitality we received from Mr Khadir the owner. We arrived late in the night but received a very warm welcome with tea and baklava. The room was small for the three of us with just a small table to keep a few items and the bathroom was basic but clean and so were the beds and linen. But for the price we paid it was very good. Mr Khadir looked after us till we left, even taking our luggage to the bus station. I am happy that we stayed at Gerdis Evi and would highly recommend it.
2 night family trip May 30, 2014
T Yousuff
"Real Turkish Hospitality"
I spent three day with my parents at Gerdis Evi , the room was comfortable and clean. The hotel location is perfect. Ali and Kadir were the perfect hosts they arranged the tours to us, gave us good tips about places to go. Murat the recepcionist is a really regardful. We really feel like home during the three day we were there.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"Istanbul"
The hotel is in a great location and you can walk everywhere. The tiny back streets are really interesting. The breakfast was fantastic. I can only describe the room as snug. The bed was against the wall so as a double you have to crawl across and there is little room for luggage. The staff were terrific and found info for all types of transport. I would stay there again but try to arrange a larger room.
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
Noela

"가격대 성능비가 좋음"
좋았어요
2 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2015
Dongmin
"Très bonne adresse"
Très bon séjour à Göreme. Le propriétaire est très disponible. La chambre est spacieuse et confortable. Un peu chaud en fin de journée en été(pas de climatisation ). A 5 minutes de la gare routière, bien placé. Très bon petit déjeuner. Ambiance familiale.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Vincent
"地理位置很方便"
地點很好,走個幾步就是最熱鬧的巿中心,有餐廳,有超商,有紀念品店,很方便。也靠近很多熱汔球公司,詢問相關資訊很方便。
2 night trip Jul 22, 2015
SHIAUPING
TW
"TARİHİN İCİNDE BALONLU ZİRVE"
tarihin içinden bir mekan ,aile işletmesi olması karşılıklı hassasitlere saygı gösterilmesi bircok kuçuk olumsuzlukları ortadan kaldırıyor kendilerine trabzuondan sevgi ve saygılar..
4 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Omer
TR
"Good, good, good."
It was the best. When I arrived there to stay 1 night, I was told that there's no bookin for me though I made a reservation. I checked my reservation status on Hotel's com. Oh my god, I made a wrong reservation. It was the last night. I was puzzled and didn't know what to say. But Kadir, the owner of the hotel said it's okay unhesitatingly. And he let us stay without extra charge. I sighed with relief. He could have charged me because I made wrong reservation. After the first puzzling scene, He was caring much about us, He asked us of our tour plan and gave proper advice. The prices he suggested were very reasonable. He made a reservation for a shuttle to the airport. The shuttle was full of people, and when I arrived the airport I found some people paid 1.5 times as much as I paid. I thanked him again. Anyway, the room was clean, bright and wide for the relatively inexpensive rate. Front yard has lawn, a old mulberry tree, a hamock. It made me feel comfortable like staying in my grandparent's house in my childhood. The location was also convenient for the town. Breakfast, Turkish Home style, was good too. As I recall my trip to Turkey, Gerdis Evi is the post impressive hotel. Naturally, I recommend anybody to stay there. You'll be happy.
1 night trip with friends May 27, 2015
Hyounwoo
KR
"Comfortable hotel, close to the main street."
The staffs were very kind. Thank you for the hospitality you gave to me. Benches, hammock and flowers will make you feel as you are in your own summer house. As the hotel is not far from the main street, you don't need to climb up hills. You don't need pickup to the hotel(from the otogar). One flaw was bathroom. It was not as clean as we expected. For people who cannot bear with dirty bathroom, i don't recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Difficile ritornaeci"
Non è stato quello che mi aspettavo. Le foto mi hanno tratto in inganno
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Pietro
IT
"Хороший отель"
Хороший отель, отличное расположение. Номер большой, не хватало только столика. Доброжелательный хозяин. Отель оформлен в национальном стиле. Парковка на улице.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
MIKHAIL
RU
"편리한 위치, 합리적인 가격, 친절한 주인, 괜찮은 조식"
매우 만족했습니다. 제목 그대로에요. 게다가 벽돌이 이 지역에서 나는 석재이다 보니 동굴호텔이 아니더라도 비슷한 분위기가 나고 방이 아늑해서 좋아요. 주인과 친구 두 분 모두 상냥하게 응대해 주셔서 카파도키아를 다시 간다면 또 여기서 머물고 싶네요.
2 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2014
KR
"tres bon sejour en cappadoce"
difficile à trouver à l'arrivée mais séjour parfait par la suite. personnel très disponible et agréable. superbe chambre familiale de 35m² et très bon petit déjeuner
7 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
patrice
"Fantastico"
Sahin fez do Gerdish a nossa segunda casa em Goreme. Excelente hotel!
3 night trip Oct 14, 2014
"저렴한 가격에 묵기 편리한 호텔"
괴뢰메 시내에서 바로5분 거리입니다. 합리적인 가격에 괜찮은 숙박이었습니다. 조식도 깔끔하고 맛있었습니다
1 night trip with friends Sep 16, 2014
Monica Yoo
"Très bon séjour"
Nous avons passé un agréable séjour de 4 nuits dans cette ghesthouse. Une vraie pension familiale, très chaleureuse et accueillante. Le patron et sa famille sont très gentils et très serviables. Bon petit déjeuner. Bonne situation à l'entrée de Göreme. Seul bémol, le bruit de la rue et des autres résidents le matin (chambre au rdc proche du petit déjeuner et sans clim donc fenêtre ouverte obligatoire l'été).
4 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Excelent service"
Very special place.Personnel is very pleasant and suggests you a lot of things to do and to not miss. I spent only 2 nights there but one more night was deserved.Clean and nice. Well kept garden.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Livia
IT
"Un accueil chaleureux"
Excellent séjour. Propriétaires très accueillants. Hôtel très bien situé. Belles chambres.
4 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Sylvain
"ギョレメのペンション"
バスターミナルから歩いて5分くらいにあるペンションです。おそらく家族で経営してるであろうペンションですが、雰囲気は良いです。冷房、冷蔵庫はないですが夏でも問題はなかったです。庭にテーブルなどがありそこでゆっくりしてる宿泊客もいました。周りには12時くらいまで開いているレストランや売店があり、比較的に便利です。
3 night trip Jul 29, 2014
JP
"super accueil bien situé"
Très bonne pension familiale très bon petit déjeuner. Le tout dans un cadre magnifique. Rien à redire allez y les yeux fermés !!
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
"Vida em comunidade"
Atendimento pelos proprietários, enconomizam em tudo. Os quartos no térreo ficam muito expostos na vida em comum com os outros hóspedes, sem privacidade. Mas o hotel fica bem localizado em Goreme.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
André foad
"Atendimento muito amigável"
Hotel familiar simples, com atendimento muito bom e confortável. Localização boa, perto de restaurantes e mercados.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Chai Tsuchida
"편리한 위치, 훌륭한 서비스"
괴레메 중심지에서 도보로 2~3분 거리로 대단히 가까워요. 터미널이나 식당, 쇼핑할 곳들이 밀집해 있는데 걸어서 금방 나갈수 있어서 좋습니다. 조식도 간단하지만 맛있었어요. 그리고 주인장님 정말 친절했어요. 현지인 한테 확인 할게 있었는데 직접 자기 핸드폰으로 전화도 해주시고 친절 끝판왕이심. 그지역 대부분이 그렇지만 건물은 조금 오래되었는데 그래도 있을건 다있어서 불편한건 없음
2 night trip with friends May 5, 2014
Jinyong Kim
"Good Service"
the host was very friendly, helpful. He gave useful advise on visiting Goreme, arranged the hot air balloon , local tour for us. Also provide us with tasty breakfast and dinner! And the hotel is located just around 300 meter away from the bus station.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Alex
HK
"Très bon rapport qualité/prix"
Très belles chambres, confortables, grande douche, chauffage, bien décoré, lampes de chevet décoratives, mais ne fonctionnant pas. Copieux petits déjeuners. Petit jardin
2 night trip Apr 26, 2014
R. Letendre
"very good.very comportable"
I felt very comportable in the garden and pool.good sunshine ,music of bird,clean air,smiling staff(i call them "brather"),kindly service, anyway if i have chance vist in turkey and i will go there.. thank you venus hotel...buy...
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2014
do young park
"훌륭한 서비스"
We chose Gerdis Evi because it was cheap and we didn't want to stay in cave hotel. Actually we heard that cave hotels are quiet cold in winter time. Gerdis Evi was perfect! for the backpackers like me it had very reasonable price, and location was good(5 minute walk to otogal), room was capacious and breakfast was so delicious! Also I was very very satisfied with the service... The owner was very kind and I really liked the owner's family... They just gave us what we needed and it was perfect! I SUPER-RECOMMENT THIS HOTEL.. And it i go to capadoccia i wish to stay in this hotel again :)
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2014
Heewoo Han
3 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
1 night trip Sep 19, 2013
JP

TripAdvisor reviews for Gerdis Evi

"Excellent Budget Hotel with excellent customer service"
01/09/16 Sourabh J London, United Kingdom
Visiting the Goreme and staying in Gerdis Evi was the best part of our journey. The customer service we receive was excellent, we felt like home. At the starting of our journey from airport to hotel we lost our lugguage, but kadir (manager/owner) helped us to get the bag till our room. He told us not to worry I will bring your lugguage to your room, and he really did that. Apart from this he also did all our tour booking and return tickets and drop us to the bus terminal. Not only customer service but the clealiness and breakfast as well is great. The rooms are spacious with great view. I would definately reccommend this for the people who love family environment and budgetted price with excellent customer service
"Comfy stay"
11/01/15 souldivider Ankara, Turkey
Stayed here for two nights at the end of October. Had no problems except we were a little cold. I can't blame the hotel for this because the heating system was working fine. Our room was big, comfortable and nicely decorated. Bathroom was modern, not like the bad pictures shared here. No tv in the room, which was OK for us. Had kettle and teabags in the room. Good wifi reception. Did not like the breakfast. Kind and helpful owners. The hotel location is very good, close to everything.
"Great location and value"
09/30/15 Paula_AF Sao Paulo, Brazil
Capadoccia is such an unique experience. People there are very tourism oriented, really nice and welcoming. I booked 3 nights at Gerdis Evi recommended by a friend who stayed there and we both had a good experience. The staff is so helpful and so nice, location is great, just off the main street and you don't have to carry luggage around and up steep hills as most hotels are (even though shuttle services there are very efficient and reasonably priced). The room was spacious, clean and breakfast was wonderful. They also have laundry facilities and Sahin booked everything in advance for me through email before I arrived, such as the balloon trip, tours and shuttle services and even helped me calling Kusadasi to book my airport shuttle before I left. The rooms have no TV, a lot of books instead, which I found interesting and there's so much natural beauty to see there, when you arrive at the hotel from tours or hikes you just want a shower and a good night sleep.
"We felt like part of the Turkish family"
09/16/15 dancing-baker Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Booked a room based on a friend's recommendation that the owner is a legend and he was right. It is in the middle of Goreme but still away from the main area. Shops and restaurants are just 2 minutes away by foot. Hotels nearby are owned by Kadir's relatives. We exchanged a few emails with Kadir on places to go and recommendations and he has good spoken and written English. He arranged our airport transfers, booked the Green Tour and hot air balloon ride. We were offered a drink upon arrival and Kadir showed us the map of Goreme and surrounding areas. He recommended restaurants and hammam in Goreme which were all spot on. We had a room next to the reception which was huge for 2 persons. There is a queen and single bed and ensuite bathroom. The room was clean and tastefully decorated. Kadir's wife and children were at the guesthouse because of the school holidays and it really felt like we were part of their family. Kadir and his wife were always offering coffee and tea whenever we were in the compound and always chatting with us. We had our usual chat with them every night with a cup of tea and pumpkin seeds. He introduced us to a hot drink called salep where milk is boiled before adding the powdered drink. It takes more time to prepare but Kadir willingly made it twice during breakfast and also Turkish coffee. They have the best Turkish breakfast buffet spread. I loved the yogurt they serve with pekmez and fresh cut fruits. We had freshly made spinach gozleme, pancakes and cheese borek during our stay. On our last night, Kadir brought us to the sunset viewing point at night which was spectacular. We could see Goreme with colourful lights, Uchisar and Avanos in a distance. We would definitely stay with Kadir and his family if we go back to Cappadocia.
"The Whole Place is Like Disney Land"
06/21/15 chachaandsalsa Ajijic, Mexico
The hotel was kind of a cave room. There were upstairs rooms that had views too. The location of the hotel is excellent. The room was spacious and clean but not especially pretty,,,,well for a cave I guess it was pretty. Breakfast was included and was quite nice. Tea and coffee available all day.The host and his wife were very accommodating. Drove us and picked us up to go to one of the Folklorico dinners and show. Not bad! And reasonable. The whole area is fascinating. The fairy chimneys and caves are outstanding. Don't miss the open air museum with 9 chutes all in caves and full of art work. Goreme is a very special place. We missed the balloon ride but other guests said it was fabulous. I'd stay there again
"Lovely Place"
06/14/15 FreybergSt Wellington, New Zealand
Great family run business, very willing to help with your activities during your stay. The room was a bit small, but very clean. They have a lovely garden area to sit in, to enjoy a complimentary cup of tea or coffee under well shaded trees or to just sit and read a book. Buffet breakfast is lovely and fresh everyday. Since Goreme is so small the location was great, tucked away from the street noise but close enough to everything. Would definitely stay here again.
"Capadocia Stay"
06/01/15 suban k
We travelled as a group of 8 people and booked 4 rooms for 2 nights. The rooms were a bit small but very tidy and well organised. There is a small garden with sofas to sit and sip tea. Khadeer is very friendly and made us feel at home by his hospitality. The hotel offers a great view of the fairy chimneys at the back. Khadeer left the kitchen opened for us as we needed tea/coffee at night. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel is also very close to the market and restaurants and therefore you can take a stroll at nights in the market. Highly recommended
"Turkish hospitality at its best!"
05/04/15 Kika M Adelaide, Australia
I chose this hotel through a recommendation from Duke Dillard's excellent 'Captivating Cappadocia' blog site (http://www.captivatingcappadocia.com/). My initial email to Kadir, the owner, was very promptly and expertly replied to, with relevant answers to all my enquiries. That made me decide to confirm my request for a booking and for help in organising activities for a 3-day visit. A week later, I flew in from Istanbul and was picked up at Kayseri airport by a shuttle bus, organised by Kadir. He was at the hotel to greet me, offer me a nice cup of coffee, and tell me about Goreme, the various attractions in town and surrounding areas, restaurants, etc. He had already booked a balloon flight for the next morning, to be followed by the Red Tour, a 'Turkish Night' dinner at an underground restaurant and, on the following day, the Green Tour. The whole experience of those 3 days in Cappadocia was magic and unforgettable. However, it was also made that more special because of Kadir's knowledge, experience, efficiency and kindness. He gracefully offered to drive me to the Turkish Night underground restaurant and picked me up there at 10:30 pm, which was the only way by which, as a single woman, I could contemplate going to that place. When I told him I was finding it awkward to work on my laptop in the room, he immediately brought in a table and a comfortable chair. He and his wife (Ozlem) prepared delicious and plentiful breakfast meals - a great way to start every day! My room, one of the smallest on the ground floor, was very comfortable. Kadir took me to visit the larger, family rooms on the second floor, and they are beautiful, next to a lovely terrace. Another great advantage of this guest house, is its location, in the centre of Goreme, rather than on the outskirts, as many of the posher 'cave hotels' are. So, would I go back to stay at Gerdis Evi if I am lucky to return to Cappadocia one day? You bet I would!
"Great place to stay in Cappadocia"
04/12/15 Natalia257 Melbourne, Australia
We stayed here for 4 night in September 2014 and made it our base was exploring Cappadocia. That was a great choice. The hotel owners are really nice and attentive. They are very knowledgeable about the area and help you with any suggestions of things to see, hikes to take, and tours to book. Our room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast was great as well, with a good selection of dishes. Can'r recommend it enough.
"Made our stay in Goreme perfect!"
03/17/15 salcal73 Elmhurst, Illinois
We were so glad that we had chosen to stay at Gerdis Evi instead of one of the trendy cave hotels that are being built all over Goreme. Weeks before our arrival Kadir helped us with reservations for an airport shuttle, Green Tour and balloon ride. When we got there he recommended changing our schedule because of the weather forecast, and that made the difference between seeing everything we wanted vs. being rained out. He made sure that we rode with Mike at Butterfly Balloons, whom he knew to be a good pilot. The hotel itself is comfortable and in a great location, within walking distance of the Open Air Museum. If you want an authentic experience with a personal touch, Gerdis Evi is the place to stay.