All hotels in Griffith, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
69 Canberra Avenue, Griffith, ACT, 2604, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Great apartment rooms in the best part of Canberra"
big rooms with great service. And Kingston and Manuka beat the CBD.
Other trip May 22, 2015
allan
"Great modern hotel"
Fine well-maintained hotel within walking distance of railway station and served by local bus lines. Staff friendly and very helpful. Large, well-appointed rooms. A great experience.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Doug
"Quiet modern hotel - great for business trips"
I really enjoyed staying at the hotel because it was quiet and I could turn the air conditioning off as well as open windows. I'm a light sleeper so I really appreciated how quiet it was and the fact that I could turn off all air conditioning, which is not the case for many hotels. The staff were very friendly and the room was modern and well-equipped and the mini bar prices were very reasonable. The TV in my room wasn't working when I checked in but it was fixed quickly and pleasantly. My only comment for further improvement would be to extend the choice of room service meals. Overall, this is the best hotel that I have stayed in so far in Canberra. It's a little expensive but I will stay here again because it's quiet, clean, modern and comfortable with secure parking.
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Business Traveller
"Modern and comfortable hotel"
The east studio rooms are modern,comfortable and practical. The price is fair but you have to pay $10 for parking. There is a Coles supermarket a few minutes walk away.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
pej
"very modern comfortable hotel"
hotel is in great location in between kingston and manuka shops and cafes, hotel has very modern and pleasant interior and well equipped gym. it has one of the fastest wi-fi for australian standards. Downstairs cafe serves good latte and staff is very helpful, now i measure other apartment hotels by the standards of this one where things are how they should be
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
pavla
"one of the best"
terrific !!!
3 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
"Stay here! You will be happy."
I was very pleased with my stay at the East Hotel. I had to stay in that area for a business purpose. It was very close to nice restaurants, shopping, and the hotel was very modern and well maintained. I'd stay here again for sure.
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2013
C

"Well located"
Great hotel, well located and very comfortable.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
Great hotel fantastic breakfast
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
rocco
"Will stay again.."
Exceptional service, comfortable rooms. Staff were very helpful and friendly, any issues were dealt with quickly and without disruption.
5 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Cassandra
"Great hotel in a convenient location"
We stayed in a studio apartment which was comfortable, spacious and well appointed. This is a modern hotel with great facilities. There is easy car parking underneath and a lovely cafe/bar at the front. The reception staff are friendly and helpful. The apartment had a kitchenette with a coffee pod machine. The bathroom was fairly large with a separate toilet. The bed was large and comfortable with a large screen TV, small table and chairs and a nice single lounge. There as also a a small outside balcony with tables and chairs so you could have the slide door open for fresh air. It is within easy access to most of the main attractions in Canberra and close to the Kingston shops and waterfront area with some great bars and cafes. It was great stay.
2 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Will return to East"
Great hotel but next time would love to get some afternoon sun on the balcony. Only one small difficulty... no magnifying mirror in the bathroom for make-up... otherwise was perfect!
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Colleen
"Location is good"
We had room 302, it was awful. It smelt of mould. There was clearly a drainage issue in the bathroom. Room 302 is over the car park entrance, very noisy especially when garbage truck arrived at 5am. The restaurant service was very poor, our beans arrived when we had finished dinner! Overrated hotel, especially now that Canberra has much better choices :)
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Best place to stay"
Best place to stay in Canberra. Loved it. Great location and beautiful rooms. Finally a decent place to stay in Canverra.
2 night business trip May 9, 2015
Alison
Fantastic location close to some wonderful restaurants and the buzzing, upmarket suburb of Manuka. Specious, comfortable rooms, lovely beds, friendly staff. Some rooms can be a bit noisy with traffic on Canberra Avenue, but I'm a light sleeper and even I was not too disturbed.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Chel
"Good but not good enough."
In general it is good, however let down by lack of basic toiletries, I had to asked for toothbrush and slippers, which is unacceptable for the class of this hotel. By the way, gym is good.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Always enjoy our stay at the East Hotel. Great location, good vibe, room always comfortable and spotless. For us (family with young children) the restaurant menu is a bit limited, so we opt for one of the many great local restaurants instead. If the menu could be expanded to offer options for kids we would use the restaurant more.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Sue
Modern and comfortable but a little on the expensive side. Still, was an enjoyable stay.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"A Birthday trip to the ACT"
My wife and I came to Canberra to celebrate her 60th Birthday. I asked if the staff could arrange some flowers prior to our arrival and this they did perfectly with no fuss. In fact the staff were all always friendly and helpful during our stay.We stayed in an East Apartment which was extremely well equipped, of a good size and made for a comfortable stay. The hotel is well located next to Manuka Oval and we were able to walk to all the museums etc. easily. It is also in perfect position for a multitude of eating options. In house is the Ox Restaurant and across from the hotel is the Kingston pub offering various dining options. Five minutes walk away is the Kingston Plaza where there is a plethora of various eateries. Ten minutes walk further on are the up market eating establishments on the lakeside boardwalk. Our stay was perfect and the only 'blemish' I can comment on is the fact that the light coloured furnishings tend to show up the odd stain or two. A small stain on the couch was a bit unsightly but I guess it is hard to remove!
4 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Stay at the east hotel"
Great stay as usual and they gave me bottle of wine for staying there quite often. Very efficient business hotel with gym just loerfect
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Hotel was OK but"
Staff were good. Cleanliness of the room was wanting. Tissue box in bathroom was empty. Restaurant would not be patronised again. Credit charge surcharge when checking out...this was not made well known till the checkout time.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Ron
"top pick for canberra"
This was a "stay-cation" to escape our never ending home renovations for just one night. The luxe studio is such a nice big space with balcony and spa bath. Much more generous than your standard room. Free wi fi, $10 parking, terrific restaurant and short walk to kingston for brekky. Absolutely loved it and recommending it widely.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Georgina
"Very central"
Had a lovely 3 night stay. Beautiful and clean. Central location. Walking to restaurants at night. Easter chocolate hunt for the kids on Sunday.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Close to everything."
Great hotel, unobtrusive staff, comfortable and clean room. Close to Kingston and Manuka shops and the Parliamentary Triangle. Would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Andrea
"Will always go back to The East Hotel"
Absolutely love The East Hotel. The only criticism I have is that we found the dining area was very chilly with the fans on at breakfast time when it was cold outside.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Rob
"first class"
Excellent accommodation, helpful staff, great location. Thoroughly recommend.
2 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
Lynne
"Great location helpfull staff"
Very enjoyable Great service and hospitality. hotel and ox eatery top quality and recomend it to anyone planning to stay in canberra
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
pete
"Nice accomodation at The East"
For a short stay, ideally located for proximity to attractions and restaurants. The hotel is nicely appointed and has great facilities and a sense of style
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
Jenny
"Excellent hotel in great location"
I can't recommend this hotel enough. I stayed in a deluxe king apartment, which was awesome. The hotel staff were great, and the location was within a short walking distance to some great restaurants, with the Kingston pub right across the road if you fancy some pub food. A short cab ride gets you to all of the main sights, museums, city centre etc. I'll be back! One note if you're visiting Canberra though (and nothing to do with this hotel) is unless you're a diehard gambler, don't bother going to the casino. A single big ugly room with gaming tables, and a few cafe tables they call a restaurant in one corner which looks like it was added to fill an empty space. Yuk!
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
auspierre
"A Boutique Feel"
We had a quick weekender stay in Canberra to visit all the regular sites. The hotel was lush - it had a very personal feel and the first thing I noticed about the room was that it smelled lovely, as if we had just walked into someone's home - and not at all like a hotel. The staff were relaxed and friendly and even refunded our breakfast without question or disdain when we turned up late for it. The house products provided were Australian made - they had a boutique lux and lushness to them and were even available in the lobby to purchase, which I will definitely do online. The parking was really cheap (we are used to Sydney prices), most of the products they stocked in the hotel were local (wine etc) which I thought was terrific, and we loved the cool touch of the free push bikes available to us. It's definitely our only choice when we next visit.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Bettina
"East Hotel, Kingston ACT"
Excellent accommodation, clean, spacious and quiet (ask for a side room). Helpful staff. The breakfast we took on one of the three days was average at best, with tepid coffee produced by a Nespresso machine. Better to go to the many cafés in nearby Kingston or Manuka.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Beyond expectations"
From check in to check out, this hotel was GREAT! A well furnished and equipped suite with a very usable balcony with table and chairs showed a lot of thought had gone into this hotel. Full size fridge/freezer, nice crockery and cooking utensils; it was great. Then the little extras like the candy jar near the exit, and the complimentary bicycles, ample out front parking....I know I am raving a bit, but this was an outstanding hotel in every way.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Just Great"
Spot on,great location,excellent staff
3 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Love it!"
I love the East. Have stayed many times and love to return. Love the rooms, the food and the service. Highly recommended.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Great stay in Canberra"
The best you can get in Canberra! Excellent hotel with surprising details
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Hans
"Great hotel close to Kingston and Manuka"
Extremely happy with our choice of hotel. Great location, great staff and great facilities
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Great stopover"
Convenient to Kingston shops! Great firm bed and loved the lollies on arrival! Grateful also for the complimentary parking.
1 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
"Good, but..."
Good place. Stayed many times. One thing that irritates me is gouging customers for parking, particularly given this is Canberra we are talking about. One of my pet hates. Realm/Burberry both just as good (better food options) and have never charged me for parking. Spoilt for choice staying in Canberra. :-)
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"Very Comfortable Hotel"
We were upgraded to an apartment and appreciated the extra room. Loved the Nespresso machine, just like home! We were in Canberra for the ADFA Graduation parade, location very handy.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Great Hotel very close to all facilities"
Fantastic boutique Hotel falls down on general cleanliness! restaurant where we had breakfast each day showed signs that it had not been thoroughly cleaned from the previous night, i.e. floor area, tables sticky. One one occasion the hot breakfast food was completely cold no heating from under the bain marie, very disappointing.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
robin
"Great hotel in all regards"
Really can't fault East. Room was clean, modern and spacious. Great restaurant on site at the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful, and the hotel is a short walk from both the Manuka and Kingston shopping precincts.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"East Hotel - best hotel in Canberra"
I spent 2 nights at the hotel for an important business trip and the hotel was ideal. It was modern and quiet with secure parking and a lovely modern and comfortable room. It also had a well-stocked mini bar with reasonable prices. This is the best hotel in Canberra that I've found and I've stayed in a few of them for business trips. It has a convenient location and is close to some shops and a petrol station. The staff are also professional and courteous.
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Nice modern hotel close to tourist attractions"
The East Hotel in Griffith is a modern, well appointed hotel close to most of Canberra's major tourist attractions and the parliament. Ideal for tourists or business stay. The 3pm check-in time is rather late in the day. Staff were thin on the ground but helpful when approached. There is a major supermarket a few minutes away. Rooms come with a Nespresso coffee-pod machine, but only 3 pods are provided free per day - doesn't go far if there are two or more persons staying. Cafe/restaurant on-site. The kitchen in the apartment suite we stayed in is very well appointed, well suited to longer stays. Ample power points for all electrical devices and a somewhat limited 100MB free internet are included. Our room was immediately across from a local pub so we could hear the noisy youths yelling outside - shut the balcony to avoid the swearing. On-site underground car park at an overnight charge. The bedside iPod player did not work. Get to breakfast well before the closing time of 10am as they started clearing well before 10 and did not supply more food to the buffet after 930am when we arrived.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Very nice hotel, great location"
Friendly reception staff. Flexible check-in. Quiet and clean room. Would recommend to a friend.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Adam
"Excellent stay in Canberra"
We stayed at East hotel for two nights. I can't really fault anything considering the price. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were large and clean with ample facilities. Only complaint I can make is the free wifi is limited to 100 MB a day
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Brad
"New and clean"
Great accomodation. Only 2 years old.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"East Hotel Canberra"
Great relaxing stay loved the lollies
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Belinda
"Good for passers by"
Overnight stay for the Art Gallery exhibition. Comfortable, clean, central for our purposes. Staff cheerful and helpful. We took the Luxury Studio which had good space but only one lounge chair for reading. Great amenities. A fairly tedious breakfast given the proximity of good bread and pastry shops. I wish hotel folk would cease using "Continental Breakfast" as a code for tasteless sliced bread, canned fruit and awful coffee. The yoghurt, however, was very good.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"Stay at Expedia Hotel Canberra"
We stayed at the Expedia Hotel for 2 stays of 10 days each during a trip to Australia to visit our son and his family. We were very pleased with the hotel. We had a 1 bedroom apartment with all the facilities, washing machine, dishwasher, towels and bed linen were changed every 3 days. We also had supplies of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and top=up of dishwashing powder and washing machine powder daily, which was great as it saved us having to purchase these items. The lobby of the hotel had several computers so internet access was available for checking emails and flights etc without any hassle. The restaurant was not too great. We had breakfast there on 3 occasions but whilst the food was adequate, the choice was not. There was no fresh fruit for instance. That being said it was sufficient for our purposes.. We had two T.V.s in the apartment, one in the bedroom and 1 in the main living area. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. James and Anne Hamilton
Other trip Oct 27, 2014