All hotels in Barcelona, Spain
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereCarrer de Fontanella, 7, Barcelona, Barcelona, 08010, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
I was hesitant about staying here b/c of some of the reviews, but I would stay again in a heartbeat.
3 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
christine
"A great stay in a convenient location"
Hotel is very modern, well designed rooms, and very good breakfast buffet for 9.95 Euros or can be included with room price. Location excellent...steps from Plaza Catalunya where airport bus stops and right next to El Corte Ingles, biggest dept store chain in Spain. My room, 403, was very quiet with 2 double beds. Staff very friendly, helpful, speak English, and offer suggestions for places to eat, etc. I would stay here again without reservation.
4 night trip with friends Apr 4, 2015
Don
"location is superb."
The location is great. The room is modern, big and very clean but there should be some more shelfs or some tables especially in the toilet that we can put our stuffs more practical. There should be at least coffee maker or electric kettle in the room. The towel was rough and quite old. Breakfast was great. The decoration is modern and great too. Staffs overall are friendly.
3 night trip with friends Feb 1, 2015
Poowadee
Great location - off of Plaza Catalunya and a block away from Las Ramblas. Very chic hotel and loved our stay.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Nice hotel good location."
Great price. Reasonably sized and comfortable room. Modern. Nice bathroom with great rain shower head. The front desk staff were very friendly, spoke English and extremely helpful! Steps from Placa Catalunya and las Ramblas.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Was in Barcelona for just 2 nights, so I wanted something not too expensive and in a good location. This hotel fits the bill; the rooms are nice sized and have a good shower and the beds are comfortable. The location is really central for exploring el barrio gottico, eixemple, born, and even the port/beach areas. You won't be disappointed with the location, but be aware it's on a very busy street so not the most quaint spot. The only downside was that when I tried to check in, I was told my room wouldn't be ready until 2. Not a big deal that's standard but was also told the room I had reserved with 2 beds was not available (I was staying with my brother we don't want to sleep in the same bed). The gentleman at the front desk said sorry but if you want to pay 10 euro extra a night you can have a a bigger room with 2 beds and a nice balcony. I took it but the balcony overlooked the back of a huge department store with dumpsters and huge exhaust fans. Not a balcony you would want to be on. If they sold out of 2 bed rooms they should've just put me in the larger room at no extra cost rather than trying to sell me on the balcony. I prob wouldn't be writing this if the balcony overlooked the street or anything besides what it did. Not a big deal, but it's those little things that make you come back to a place. I would stay here again though, as the location and overall amenities were great.
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
"Nice quiet and modern hotel right at the center!"
We've just came back from Barcelona where we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversay :) it was our first visit and we searched a lot before choosing Room Mate Pau. After checking more than a hundred hotels, we decided to book in Room Mate Pau fir its location and excellent online reviews. Plus, it was a coup de coeur!:) we are extremely happy we made that choice. The location is perfect just 5 min walk from the Aerobus stop. Quiet classy neighborhood right next to El Corte Ingles Mall and near the prestigeous passeig De Gracia. Staff are very welcoming and friendly. We had specific preferences which we communicated prior to our arrival and luckily We got upgraded to an Executive room on the 6th floor. It was spacious and nicely designed. No view at all but very quiet. Breakfast is not that rich if you intend staying more that 4 days. But it has all the basic ingredients: hot milk, coffee, juices, fruits, cornflakes (3kinds), milk, dried fruits, ham, turkey, salami, cheese ( white, edam, brie), pastries and viennoiseries, jam, butter, selection of bread, eggs and bacon. The breakfast area and outdoor terrace are just perfect. Room service is excellent also. Room is veryclean. However they could vacuum under the bed from time to time. It was quite dusty down there. Overall we are very satisfied with our choice and stay. Joel is very nice and recommended some nice restaurants. Thanks Joel! We will definitely choose a room mate hotel for our upcoming trip. Book it, don't hesitate:)
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Stephanie S.
"Gem in Barcelona"
Wonderful modern hotel in the BEST area of Barcelona. The white linens were sparkling, the bed was comfortable, the view from the 5th floor superb and the staff friendly. The hotel is a few steps away from Passeige de Gracia and Placa Cataluna. Location and hotel was great!
3 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
Valentina
Very friendly staff and and interesting decore. We had a room facing the street and it was very quiet
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel!!"
Perfect location, clean & modern, with a fantastic staff! Beds were very comfortable. All in all a great place to begin our Spain adventure!!
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Great boutique hotel in perfect location"
We were very pleased with Room Mate Pau. We wanted something close to Placa Catalunya so we wouldn't have to tote our luggage far, and this was just steps away on a quiet street. The hotel is immaculate, and rooms cleverly designed to maximize light and space, and the breakfast excellent.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Lin
"Not good for business and service sub-par."
This is not a good hotel for business, unless you want to work while sitting on your bed. The rooms are not business friendly and they have sinks that are enclosed in some cabinets and the doors swing open and block your entry to/from the main door. We booked an extra night stay on Hotels.com and realized that one night (of 6) had to be canceled and it took us 2+ days to beg the manager to get this corrected. She kept saying we had to contact Hotels'com and the reservation was made by our administrator and it was a real pain to rectify this situation. They also put notes on in the room for guests to leave favorable reviews on Hotel.com but to contact them if you are not satisfied - this shows they don't quite understand Customer Service !
3 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
RS
"Ultra modern hotel"
We stayed two nights at Room Mate Pau. The staff was friendly and helpful with all our requests for recommendations of restaurants and also helping us with buying tour tickets and directions on the map. The room was ultramodern and clean. The shower was a bit of a challenge, it was somewhat difficult to get the shower head to turn down and when I did get it to turn down it kept sliding down the rod and would not stay. It was a hand held type shower fixture that also attached to the rod on the wall (in a bathtub). Our friends had a shower only, rainshower type. I think I would have preferred this type of shower, so be sure and ask if you want a tub or just a shower in your room. This was really a minor issue. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Alison
"JUST...the perfect location!"
We really LOVED this boutique hotel located in the heart of EVERYTHING fun and delicious about Barcelona. The hotel is modern, artistic, comfortable with friendly staff and excellent service. METRO stops are just a minute's walk away. Only a couple of warnings...use of the hotel computer is a bit complicated and time restricted. Don't expect a printer for your convenience. Don't expect to spend hours on FB chatting with all your homies. Elevators require a room code-card to operate and sometimes these must be reprogrammed daily. Whatever inconvenience you experience, the location and general ambiance of the hotel will make up for it...over-and-over-and-over!
10 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
Janie
"Comfort, Fun in Barcelona"
Excellent hotel...close to Las Ramblas and close to other conveniences..(supermarket, etc.)
2 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"Just what the "doctor" ordered."
Well located, clean with everything we needed. Would absolutely stay here again!
3 night trip Sep 13, 2014
jafhere
"Fabulous location!"
Great hotel for a very reasonable price...well located. Their staff were young, smart and totally responsive. Perfect!!!
2 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Tricia
"Great Location; Great Hotel"
Perfect hotel! What a location! Could be happier that we stayed there. I told the staff we'd be back!
2 night trip with friends Sep 8, 2014
"Nice location, friendly reception but.."
All was nice, except that I was peeved when I found out that while I was out with "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on my door, someone had come into my room and taken the TV away (probably to have it fixed). The sign was still hanging on my door when I returned, so clearly the tag must had been visible to the repairman. I would have appreciated if they waited for my approval. Other than that, hotel staff was all friendly, nice clean rooms, very handy location, so I would stay again, but would definitely be careful that anyone could come into the room despite the sign (but probably this applies to all the accommodation)
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Tia
"Location"
Best location if you don't want to use a local transportation. Easy to walk to everywhere. We walked radius from Plaza Espanya, Olympic stadium to Park Guel. Totaly 91km in 5 days. Don't waste money for breakfast, same every morning, not big choice. You can buy very good breakfast on every corner.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Martin
"Great hotel great personnel"
Had a great stay with convenient location and friendly personnel. Bathroom sill can be better maintained.
2 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2014
"Nice modern small city hotel close to the centre"
We spent 2 nights at this hotel at the end of June 2104. It was well located close to the centre of town & within easy walking distance of where we wanted to go. The rooms were very modern & appealed to us.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Ashlea
Super location close to bus going to airport. Wonderful, friendly, helpful staff. Great room.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Eric W.
"Couldn't get any closer to Placa de Cataluna.."
We loved the modern redecoration. Everything was modern, clean. Great elevators. Loved the first floor living room, next to breakfast room ( breakfast was great value), and large outdoor terrace. We were more than pleasantly surprised with everything. The young desk personnel were great!.
4 night family trip May 31, 2014
Ginger
"Good location Close to Aerobus."
I enjoyed my visit. Staff was helpful and friendly. Room was quiet. Had asked for twin beds and perhaps since I checked in late in the day I got one big queen (an upgrade they said...) since no twins were left. Great stay.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"Very central, clean, helpful staff.."
This hotel is very central, located just around the corner from Placa Catalunya. You can walk to La Rambla. The hotel itself is clean, has a very helpful staff that's attentive. The rooms are not huge but comfortably accomodates 2.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Great for a couple's first trip to Barcelona"
My wife and I spent 3 nights there in February. Great location! 2 minute walk from Aerobus and metro. Walking distance to Ramblas, Raval, Bjorn, and just about everything else in town. Anything which is too far, you can always hop on the metro which is a few minutes out the door. The hotel itself has a modern, boutique feel. Rooms on the small side, but more than satisfactory for a couple looking to enjoy the sights and sounds of Barcelona.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Great location. Room was on the small side. Bed was firmer than expected. Breakfast buffet was a good deal. Staff was quite helpful. I also liked the fact that there were plenty of outlets to recharge devices.I would definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Jan 17, 2014
We enjoyed our stay at Pau. The hotel was very modern and comfy. Location was steps away from transportation and food! We did not eat at the hotel but tried the bakeries and tapa bars in the neighborhood. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable and reasonably priced hotel.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
Connie
"overall impression"
The hotel is super convenient, and walkable to all city sites. The room was nice, clean and modern. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful; even recommended a great tapas restaurant. Wifi was accessible throughout the hotel. We would highly recommend, and stay again.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
"Nice hotel in the center of Barcelona"
Good, modern, clean hotel
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
Bella
Delicious hot breakfast was included. Had room that fronted the street but was very quiet. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 8, 2013
Leslie
"Great all around"
We were very pleased with this hotel prior to our departure on a cruise. The location was very close to the main square for all the tours, busses and shopping. Hotel was clean, modern, comfortable. Staff was very pleasant, informative and professional. We arrived early in the morning and they were able to hold our luggage until the rooms were available so we could go out and enjoy Barcelona.Would recommend Room Mate over the other hotel we stayed at after the cruise based on comfort, location and overall experience.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Satisfied Customer
"Excellent location and service!"
I arrived before noon from a cruise and they allowed me me to do an early check-in. Staff was very friendly and rooms were nice and clean.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2013
A. Rivera
"super location, very attentive staff"
I had a great stay at this hotel as the location was perfect being across the road from the airport bus station, the tour buses and the old city. The only part I did not like was the bathroom! The toilet door does not close so there is no privacy and if you are not careful when showering you can flood the whole room! Breakfast was most enjoyable.
3 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Clean, modern hotel with an amazing location."
This hotel has a great location. You are able to walk to many shops, restaurants and access transportation at Placa Catalunya which is steps away. There is a Cortes Ingles located next to the hotel with a Supermercat and a small gourmet grocery store. Both Ramblas and Gracia are close making is very easy to walk everywhere. The hotel was clean and front desk was helpful. Breakfast was good but lacked variety. We were initially placed in a small room with two twins and were promised a larger room the next day. I am glad we switched as the first room was very small. We enjoyed the rainfall shower, bed was comfortable and there was never a problem with noise. We would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Barcelona hotels"
I was very satisfied. The rooms were colorful. The staff was very helpful. The best thing was the huge pull out drawer under the sink. Everything could go there instead of cluttering the counter top. We all thought we would love to remodel our bathrooms with this idea
5 night trip with friends May 20, 2013
Just stayed here for 4 nights and loved the hotel! It is new, clean, and service was great! We booked with free breakfast and they had a variety of things to eat! The location is great, right next to a huge grocery/dept store! We have been told they are opening new locations in Florence and Amsterdam! We will definitely stay at this hotel when we return!
Other trip May 13, 2013
"Very clean hotel, very kind staff"
Room walls are very thin, when somebody having bath in next room you can hear water noise in your room, while you were sleeping it is very disturbing.
Other trip May 8, 2013
bahari
"Super Location - Friendly, Helpful Staff"
Had a great stay in Barcelona beginning with showing up at Room Mate Pau. We got there early, before 10:00am after disembarking from our ship and they provided upgraded rooms (free upgrades) immediately as they were ready. Rooms were freshly remodeled with a modern look. Breakfasts were typically European with plenty to eat. Staff provided a lot of assistance and guidance including ticketing for Hop On/Hop Off buses, Catalyuna Tour buses and other activities. Two Blocks from Placa Catalyuna and Las Ramblas - perfect, and I mean perfect, location.
4 night trip Apr 16, 2013
"Centrally Located, Convenient Hotel"
The Roommate Pau met or exceeded all our expectations. Great location-- so convenient to take the Aerobus to Placa Catalunya, as it's about a thirty second walk from there. On a busy street, but the hotel is very well soundproofed and with the window closed, we couldn't hear a thing. Rooms are well-designed, creative, fun, and comfortable. Everything was spotless and the beds were heavenly. Staff were friendly and very accommodating. We would definitely recommend this place and would definitely return.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2013
Aaron
"If you want good location"
Location was wonderful. It is right next to the Hop on Hop off tour bus and the top of La Rambla. The staff at the hotel were most helpful. We would go back.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
the Boyers
It's centrally located, one block from the catalunya metro and a couple blocks from las ramblas and the gothic quarter. Really clean and stylish rooms. I'd definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Nov 21, 2012
Alegria
"Fantastic hotel"
My friend and I stayed here fora few days and had a fantastic time! The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating with Evrything we needed. A big thank you to raquel and Lorena for all your help! ! The hotel is in an excellent location, minutes from the center of town. All in all, we had a wonderful time in Barcelona, thanks to hotel mate pau!
Trip with friends Aug 21, 2012
Musia
Amazing location beautiful interior design, great beds and showers, what else can you ask on a vication? Highly recommend this hotel! Great helpful Staff as well!
Other trip Aug 14, 2012

"Good hotel - great location"
A four night stay just after Easter. Pleased with hotel style, location, good room, great breakfasts and general ambience.
4 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"Perfect"
Perfect. Central location, could walk to anywhere, small and nearly invisible entrance, wonderful bed, great design and breakfast.Could not ask for more and will try to book with Room Mate from now on.
4 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"clean sophisticated design and very well situated."
clean sophisticated design and very well situated. Perfect for a couple who looks for a decent place for the weekend
3 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
Shachar
IL
"A quick stay in Barcelona"
Well situated, excellent staff,no view from room
3 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great central location"
Liked this hotel very much. Room clean and decor contemporary. No bar but there are plenty around.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014