All hotels in Boracay Island, Philippines

Uncomfortable
    Food is not good
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
Sorry to tell, we are dis appointed , towel is real old , no wifi & bath tub is leaking
2 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
Marcela
"Love the place"
A nice place to getaway
2 night family trip Nov 12, 2015
Andre
"Nothing to get excited about"
Fairly nice looking resort with 2 nice pool areas. Staff was friendly and common areas of resort were immaculate. I was asked to give a $2000 pesos security deposit for damages which I have never dealt with before, but they gave it right back upon checkout. The breakfast buffet was not good in my opinion. The air conditioner in the room struggled to keep the room cool. The beds were just ok. The showerhead was not working properly and leaked water from the sides. Water was good and hot for bathing. Wifi is very slow and only usable in the hotel lobby.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Brooks
"Good hotel close to everything you need & want"
Great experience being at Boracay island & good to stay @ la Carmela de Boracay
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
honeybellwood
"Vacation"
Great hotel. Location is a little far from everything else. Service was great. Cleanliness could be better.
5 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2015
"Place to spend the night, nothing more."
The hotel was right smack in Station 3, which is a bit of a hike from d'mall where a lot of the places to eat are at. But all the walking was a nice exercise to say the least. The hotel however, was disappointing. It might as well have been called an inn because the rooms were basic, the drapes barely hanging, the airconditioning didn't work and when it did it barely cooled the room (0.5 horsepower for a 30-35sqm room so yeah do the math), and the worse part was the breakfast. It was almost not edible. Even the brewed coffee was aweful - come on how can you go wrong with brewed coffee?
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
Robert rhyz
Fascinating service. Really sensitive to all the needs of customers. Great accommodation.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Ramiro
"Flop House atmosphere with NO WIFI in rooms"
Check in was very slow and then we were taken to a room with 3 beds when we had requested one bed. They even said it was an upgrade but the room was terrible and had no wifi. Even the breakfast room had no wifi so the only place there was wifi on one side of the alley was in a lobby. The breakfast was the lowest quality I have Ever had and I have been to many hotels in PI for less money than this place. Not even real juice for breakfast. And NO second key can or will be given so your AC will not work when you are out
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
michael
Not worth the bargain price. I would pay for better hotel stay
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Someone here is guilty of False Advertising."
We booked this hotel because we were looking for beach front access within a few steps of the hotel. Once we got there, we found out that only a handful of rooms really have beach front access. The rest of the rooms are at least 150 yards away from beach front. Strike One. The hotel is touted as the only place to stay when in Boracay by a well known celebrity, Boy Abunda. I doubt if he has actually stayed in one of the accommodations of this establishment because it it not anywhere near 'first class'. Strike Two. The buffet breakfast was BARELY edible. I ate the store-bought waffles had a cup of instant coffee ( they didn't serve brewed). The rest of the breakfast items looked and smelled like they came from a can. The sliced ham looked like it was left over from the holidays. Strike Three. Back to my first issue of not being at beach front. When we searched for a place to stay, we specifically requested "BEACH FRONT" accomodations. The room we were assigned was a mere 200 yards from the beach. When we approached the manager and explained our predicament of not being AT beach front. She blamed the problem on Expedia as not being forthcoming with the details of the accomodation. When pressed, we were offered a beach front room for nearly DOUBLE the rate we were booked at originally. If you want to have good time in Boracay, look elsewhere for accomodations.
Other trip May 8, 2015
A
"Great place"
The hotel is great but the food and drink service sucks. If they trained the staff for food and drink service the hotel would have been perfect.
4 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"Water Pressure was awful"
Overall it's was ok. The water pressure was awful and sometimes got nothing at all. Room service was somewhat slow n was forgetful on somethings. But the staff is nice and helpful.
6 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2015
Ronald
"We loved the balcony and the view of beach!"
The food, room and the view was perfect! We will absolutely come back!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Stay somewhere else"
This hotel has 4-5 separate buildings, only one of which is on the beach. Expedia isn't very clear about this. I was disappointed to find myself up a back alley a couple hundred yards away. Oh well. Regarding the stay, this is a penny pinching, cookie cutter hotel. Empty minibar, internet surcharge, no hot water, abysmal breakfast, useless staff, etc. I've been living in the Philippines for years - this isn't a disgruntled foreigner rant. Take my advice and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Stay at La Carmela de Boracay"
After many years of having at least two vacations a year with family, our recent stay in La Carmela de Boracay, was the most disappointing experience. We had two rooms, one is a larger one in the older building and a smaller room in the newer building. The older building needs a lot of maintenance in the bathroom area. It is also inadequately furnished with one small loose chair and a tiny little end table with three beds for 5 people. The biggest problem is a nonworking phone to connect us to the other member of the family in the newer bedroom. After several attempt to fix the phone, I asked to just move the rest of the family to the older building where we were but we were given a smaller room with shower not covered with curtain so everytime you take showers, it floods the whole bathroom. Management said that is the rate set for this room, without shower curtains and if we insist, a room with shower curtain costs more????? Unbelievable! What kind of hotel has showers with no curtain and floods the whole bathroom? The front desk was chaotic upon check-in. There are more staff clogging the front desk in confusion than there is minimal maintenance doing work on the phone and the bathroom issue. The stay at this hotel was a greatly negative experience. Sorry to say but there is no customer service and of course I will never recommend La Carmela. We tried it because it was over rated as owned and managed by a known television star; a big lie!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Norma
"Stay at La Carmela De Boracay during Feb 4,5 & 6."
My party and I travel all the time and this was the worst hotel accommodation we had. The rooms are not maintained, looking dirty even if it is probably clean, curtain showers short to cover opening causing water leak flooding the bathroom , phone do not work no communication with other party room, no chairs for people to sit, a very tiny table for a 3 beds room, front desk was chaotic most times, all problems cannot be solved, etc. etc. etc. It is so sad that such a precious time commitment to be with family and friends turned to be a sour experience. It looks that there is NO Management in the hotel at all. Expectedly, it was a big disappointment especially travelling from the US and from Japan to Boracay. The hotel claimed endorsement and ownership by Boy Abunda which we strongly believe is a big lie or /Mr, Abunda has no class at all. Sorry!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Norma
"Clean, friendly staff."
It was a good stay, staff are friendly and go beyond the mile to help you. However, I don't understand why they charge high (or charge at all) for wifi, and inside the rooms, there is no mobile network signal. Otherwise, everything is good.
3 night trip Jan 18, 2015
Louievan
"Clean hotel close to beach"
I have a great experience in boracay. The hotel is clean and the personnel is respectful. I hope I could get a good rate to my next visit next year. im planning to bring my step son and our friends to have more experience and fun.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
sixto
"Far Below Expectations..."
Not as advertised. Photos are misleading. Amenities are nonexistent. No hot water, no clean water, horrible indoor lighting, poorly maintained showers and bathrooms, staff very "matter of fact", wifi expensive and slow, half a roll of toilet paper when we arrived, that alone shows their serious lack of duty-of-care. The best part of the hotel is leaving. Only good thing to say is when you walk out the back door you are beachfront. I have stayed at better youth hostels in my college days, spend the extra money and go elsewhere... anywhere!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
The hotel is in a good location but isn't worth the price paid. Towels are thread bare, toilet seat did not fit on the toilet and the place needs a remodel. The exterior looks decent but tests all I can say positive about this hotel.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Hotel is really closer to the beach"
Hotel is really closer to the beach, staffs are all friendly, hospitable except for the pm supervisor name Michael Gubaton whom when we ask for a favor gave us unfriendly frown plus sarcastic remarks. I verbally reported this incident to the front des for his improvement and hoping the management will take time to remind him to to be kind and respectful of hotel guests.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Shierla
"Great value, Excellent location!"
We stayed here for almost 3 weeks, so this is the best resort for the length of our stay. We stayed at the brand new PREMIERE WEST tower which just opened 2 months ago. Spacious room & great value. Free WiFi in lobby only, or U can buy a week unlimited in your room for 1,000 pesos. The breakfast buffet is pretty basic since it's free. Avoid the crowd and dine early. The staff we're very helpful & always smiling.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Mrs.
"Cool room"
It was great statying at the La Carmela beach front, accomoddating staff and the AC in the room was great! Our room is near the dining area. We will definitely come back at this hotel
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2014
CARLOS
"Inhospitable"
This hotel treats its guests as if they don't want you there. They have signs everywhere telling you they will charge you "if you don't eat all of the food on your plate from your breakfast, your will be charged double", "you will be charged if you get a henna tatto". We were charged more than the amount we paid for our room for the night for a late checkout. The hotel is run down, their internet never seems to be working, there are drunk noisy people coming through the hall most of the night. Overall, just not a well run hotel.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
KK
"Very clean, very comfortable"
I took my girlfriend to La Carmela de Boracay for our vacation. We were there for 5 nights. The price was very reasonable and the room was spotless. The hotel grounds were kept impeccably clean. Every time we left our room, there were workers out cleaning, sweeping, etc. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I have only two minor complaints: 1) We had an east facing room and every time it rained, water would leak into the room, under the bottom of the balcony door. We solved the problem by rolling up a bath towel and putting it at the bottom of the door. 2) The rooms need more towels. Although only two of us stayed in a room designated for 4 people, we only had two bath towels. I purchased the package that included the breakfast buffet each morning. The buffet was well laid out and had a decent selection of tasty food, although it was the same every morning except one.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Mathew
"Decent"
It's decent for the price. Room was clean and swimming pools were too. Very conveniently located, close to restaurants and stores.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Alex
"Not pleased by the rooms"
Rooms were outdated. We were expecting more. Room has a funky smell. AC didn't really work that well... The only thing we liked about it was because it's beach front and the hotel receptionist are nice and helpful.
2 night family trip Sep 7, 2014
Ajt
"Not A Good Place"
Place need an elevator especially if they place you on the 5th floor. Not good when you have an 83 year old family membet.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
Amelia
It was very bad. First, they dont have elevator. They dont care if you are an elderly they still put you in the 5th floor with no elevator access. 2nd, in booking it says 4+1 and no clarification that you will pay for that plus 1. 3rd, terrible customer service. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2014
"Not what I expected"
My experience at La Carmela could've been better. I booked an executive room (side building, view facing the street, not ideal) after check in, we were hoping for someone to direct us to our room since the other people checking in, in the main building were being ask if they needed help. When we asked, The staff were just pointing towards the direction we're supposed to go not even bothering for one second to offer additional assistance. Also, the receptionists in the executive building (yes they have two) were looking at us as if we were crazy for wanting assistance. The rooms are not as pictured. Disappointed I asked for an upgrade, paid 5,000 pesos additional to what I've already paid in expedia, got a VIP room for 2 nights. I asked for an ocean view, got a wall view. and Since I was staying with 2 other people, I asked for an extra breakfast ticket for 2 days I only got two during booking. They agreed. The only bonus was that the VIP room was a bit more comfortable than the first room. Our private balcony was right by a big wall (no view whatsoever) For paying an additional $114 I expected a better service, better views, better accommodation. Tip: careful not to stain their sheets, towels with henna tattoo. They'll charge extra. It could've been better.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Ranne
"Too crowded."
I guess you get what you pay for. I did not have an ocean view. Was on budget mode. I got a nice view of a scapholding of a construction site with three construction workers work on each level. Boracay itself was crowded. It has changed since I was there in '96. I don't plan on going back to Boracay. Too commercialized. Too crowded. Too many people. It was not relaxing at all. The food was good. But the hotel wing where I stayed was not close to the beach.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Boracay 07/2014"
There is no network coverage inside our room.. Wi-fi is not available.. Some areas of the room are dusty.. The a/c is not working well
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
meg
The hotel is conveniently located in the center of Station 2. It is accessible to transportation, restaurants, the D'Mall, shops and of course, the beach. The staff were very polite and accommodating. AS for the food, the buffet (breakfast and lunch is alright. Though I may say, it is not that delectable. The rooms that we stayed in is just right for travelers. Since the hotel is only a 3 star hotel - what can you expect. If you are after a good place to sleep, the hotel is just right. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at La Carmela.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Boracay trip"
I guess they are better hotels out there. I got this hotel because of its beach front location but instead i got transferred to there new building located at the back. So whenever i had to walk to the beach, i had to go from the back through a main road a block away from the beach. Breakfast is good. You have to walk a mile to discover boracay so be ready. Do try scuba diving, parasailing, zipline, riding a sailboat and the food. There are bands and bars open at night.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
lou
"superb customer service"
our stay was great. we had a good time except the buffett was a little on the down side. My brother in law was taken to emergency hospital nearby and the hotel staff was so great in assisting us until he's released. Great place for the price. The fire dancers were so entertaining and we liked the idea of the dining set up by the beach front.
2 night trip May 27, 2014
desert rat
"I'm disappointed...."
A/C & Bathroom are not working very well .. It was so hot inside the room & can't sleep coz its noisy! Can hear everything outside the room. Wanted to swim in the pool but I saw the water it's almost black! But over all u get what u paid for coz its affordable that's why they have lots of guests. I didn't take any pictures too..
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
lyn
"very well organized."
close to everything and well organized. friendly staff and good food
Other trip May 31, 2014
"it was OK"
11 AM check out was too early. it should be done like 2PM or after lunch time. P240 for breakfast buffet was not worth it if you come late, there is not much food left and they don't refill the food trays.
2 night family trip May 11, 2014
Jay Ugdoracion
"nice hotel"
limited space for people to eat, suggest to build a bigger dining area. bravo zulu to the staff of la carmela.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
jim
Bathroom should be updated. Water doesn't go down. We have to pushed the Water to the drainage to go down. Wifi is slow connecting to the internet but overall it's good and close to everything.
4 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
"you can get better hotels for the same money"
room was clean when we got in. problem is: they didn't clean it for 2 days even after we asked 3 times. no free internet (in the room). breakfast below acceptable quality even though they had so much stuff.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Recent Hotel Stay"
The hotel was great and right on the beach. The staff was very helpful and in fact I was upgraded to beach front view. The hotel is in a great location. Everything was in walking distance. The only problem I had with the room is the toliet never work very good. But next time that I go there I will stay there again. The pool was great too.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
"Decent Room"
Cute (but no frills) room for the price. However, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful if you needed assistance with anything... Will stay again...
4 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Tone
The location of the hotel is good,the service is so-so,the equipment is poor.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Borocay Island is great!"
I enjoyed my stay. The hotel was conveniently located and no problem getting to the beach. The comfort was OK. The ladyboys were beautiful. Lots of people to meet. The beach front was good. I enjoyed my time there and had a lot of fun with the ladyboys. I would return just because of that. Thank you.
3 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2013
"nice hotel not to expensive"
everything is good i will come back again to this hotel and i will recomended this to my friend. Hotel.com did a greet job.
5 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2013
albert
"Bad Hotel"
I left the hotel after a few days they weren't cleaning my room I ran out of toilet pater and no clean towels, I had to call everytime to get anything from services, they allow little children to run up and down the hallways at 5:00 am in the morning and screaming and making a lot of noise, so very hard to get any sleep I wouldn't stay in that hotel again if it were free of charge
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
"Clean and good located"
Location of the hotel is very good.Its near the d'mall as well.Rooms are quiet big enough for two persons and comfortable.Breakfast is OK also.Cleaning is good and the staff is very helpful.The tent on the beach is kinda small for the customers and there are no parasol even for hotel customers.It will be good if there will be parasols.Overall I enjoyed staying in this hotel.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013

Overall the stay are good
4 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2016
CHEE HAN
Free WiFi is only in lobby.WiFi access needs to be available in rooms. The location is great, near to the beach, shopping, just relaxing. Dinner buffet was 300 PHP, but we ate other places too, it`s was better and cheaper.
4 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016