All hotels in Boracay Island, Philippines
Station 2, Barangay Balabag, Boracay Island, Aklan, Philippines, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
    2.8

"I won't recommend this hotel"
Very poor air conditioning. Very, very poor customer service you have to wait for an hour or more for just about anything that you request from them. For the housekeeping you have to make a reservation in the front desk and they will schedule you first for your room to be made up.Room prices are very steep with but the facilities are sub- par with the price you pay. Breakfast: nothing special. I'd suggest you find other places nearby to eat. Won't stay here again for sure.
3 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Never again!"
food are disgusting, cold and taste like hospital food. The bed is soooo hard! Towels are rough and old. The water smells bad that my kids don't wanna take a shower. Elevator was not working that time so we have to take the stairs all the way to the 4th floor. The aircondition is not working well. It was sooo hot in the room. It was also said that they have free shuttle that takes the guests to other places in Boracay, but actually they have none. Check in and out were fast though. But never again will go back to La Carmela.
3 night family trip May 18, 2015
Maria Sonia
PH
The experience was great.. the hotel staffs are very accomodating. Theres just some thing that we cant avoid. But the total experience was good ;)
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Happy"
enjoyed much..
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Vitaliana
"it is uneventful..."
staff are good...prompt service... but they should be more cordial... smiling faces ....
Other trip May 19, 2015
PH
"Beachfront, clean, rooms with balcony,limited wifi"
The building that I was located in was premier west the newer block. It is about 1 minute walking distance to the beach. The hotel is located along S2 closer to S3. The hotel room was clean, very spacious and mine has a balcony with pool view as well as slight/distant seaview since it was at the highest floor. Electricity ran out a few times due to the short voltage on the island and had to use the stairs on the first day but it was good exercise! Food choice for breakfast was pretty limited but we could always get various types of food outside the hotel. Shops/food stalls are located everywhere, eg whole stretch of Dmall and S2, very convenient. As for the WIFI, there is only wifi connection in the hotel lobby(not guaranteed to connect) but hey we are there for vacation, leave yr phone behind for a couple of days and enjoy the beach and sun! Overall I enjoyed my stay in the hotel as well as boracay!
Other trip May 13, 2015
Sherilyn
MY
"slow service"
bellboy was very friendly. when come to room service is very slow.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
SG
"stress free staycation!"
Easy to book at this hotel, very close to almost every event at the beach,accommodating and honest staff they call our attention and return our belongings left at the room.Very clean room and whenever you ask assistance we are easily attended by their personnel. Our second stay makes it stress free and enjoyable and given the opportunity I will book and still stay with this comfortable and value for money place with my friends and family in the future. thank you to expedia for the very affordable price.
Other trip May 1, 2015
edna
"Convinient"
Place is not the best but the way they handle things make it a good hotel. I asked for my aircon to be checked and it took only 5 minutes for them to send someone and changed it straight away and also some people dont like the fact that you will have to call the reception to clean your room in a way it is quite reasonable because it is a massive hotel but once you ask kuay go out for few hours and voila rppm is clean as new. I enjoyed it although pool water need to be change properly. Overall it is quite nice hotel
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
mrunanimous
"Excellent!"
Rooms hallways and lobbies are always clean. Staffs are very attentive.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Rara Oohlala
"Good Location"
Very busy hotel and staff often overwhelmed. Basic room and not very clean. Shower and basin water smelled like swamp water. Only jug water provided. No wifi reception at all and wifi only available in two places with intermittent, limited connectivity. Hotel pool at front not very clean. Lots of kids which is fine buts smelled in certain areas. Great location on beach front. Regards, Haidon
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Haidon
Nice place to stay. Very close to the beach, just a walking distance to the d'mall. We have great time and wonderful experience.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Review ur breakfast offer ,
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Leovigildo
PH
"RATING for La Carmela = 0 (ZERO)"
Will never stay in this hotel again and would never recommend to anyone. Reasons being:- UNTIDY - you have to book to have the room cleaned, LACK of room amenities - no coffee facilities, fridge, towels are old, dirty and worn out and not getting changed, VERY NOISY air conditioning system, no HOT WATER. No daily supplies of daily necessities ie toilet paper, shampoo, soap etc and you have to basically bring your own. Other tenants talks loudly and yells along the hallway. Some staff appears snobby but majority are friendly.
3 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Marietta
"Good hotel close to the beach"
It was a good experienced to be staying here, but not that great. Staffs are friendly, but they can't be there immediately if needed. During our first night, we order some meals for our late dinner, but it takes more than an hour to wait. And I was with my parents that time. It was horrible. All of us were very hungry and yet they served the food so late. Meals are delicious though. Also, room service for cleaning was not enough. There were still dust and some sands on our room after it was cleaned. Also, they don't provide extra bathroom tissues. When you don't have any, you need to call them to bring some to your room.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Naya
"Poor Frontdesk Service; Rooms are Okay;"
There are really a lot of tourists checking in at this hotel since its budget friendly. I booked thru hotels.com, I showed front desk my text confirmation and email confirmation details of the booking but she did not honor it. Instead she let me wait standing in front of her for nearly 30 mins. Guest beside me waiting had the same problem. I think they are just lazy searching our names on their guest reservations list. Good thing I remembered I had a screenshot of the booking saved to my phone, if ever, I think they will let me wait longer! While I was waiting, I have observed a lot of complains from guests that were given wrong rooms. Anyway, their rooms are okay, nothing special and location of the hotel is excellent to access to everything in the island.
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
J Cesar
"Horrendous!"
Sleeping on the sand would have been a far more comfortable experience. I cannot believe Carmela got a 3/5 rating. The food left a lot to be desired and the facilities were dirty and outdated. The rags I use to clean my washroom are in better condition than the towels they provide. The only silver lining? It was a lesson learned: never stay at the Carmela again!
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Basi
PH
It is a beach front hotel however most of the cheaper rooms are located in the far end of the hotel away from the beach. You'll feel secure because the hotel is located near a police station. Beach bench are available for hotel guests in the beach front. But since it is a very big hotel with lots of guests you have to be early to reserve a bench. The room was large enough and so was the bathroom. An area is also provided where you can hang your wet clothes. No slippers provided. You have to request hair blower if you want one. I called the front desk twice and was promised twice that it will be delivered in the room. But it never came. I had to personally approach the front desk and request again. They were able to provide it after that. The breakfast buffet is bountiful but not that great in the palate.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
mich
PH
"Very close to the beach."
The hotel staffs are very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Zeny
"Hotel is beachfront"
We stayed 3 days/2 nights. the size of the room is okay, bed is also okay but there's something wrong with the shower room: the floor drain is a bit clogged so the water is slow to go down the drain, therefore, if we keep the shower on continuously, the water on the floor will overflow. Breakfast is not okay for us, because the food is already cold and not really taste good. Well, for a 3 star hotel, what do you expect..The following day, we just drink coffee and ate bread and egg only. Next time, I wouldn't stay in this hotel anymore not because of these reasons, but because I would prefer to stay in a less crowded area like in station 1.
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Mindy
PH
"Worse stay so far in Boracay"
5th time in Boracay and I wanted to have a place with a pool. But what a disappointment. -The rooms light was like a dark hospital and no bedside small lamps was there. -No items at all in the bar fridge -We had to ask for housekeeping each day -The housekeepers did not clean the rooms properly and sometime forgot to clean. -The breakfast was not good and extremely crowded in the morning -Reception staff was friendly
7 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Maintain Cleanliness"
The restroom inside the hotel didnt clean very well ...but the staffs are all friendly and accomodating
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
chris
PH
"Pretty Average Large Package Tour Type Hotel"
This was our 2nd stay at La Carmela and 5th visit to beautiful Boracay. The stay was for 3 nights for 3 adults and 2 teenagers in two Premier West Wing rooms. By Boracay standards this is a large hotel with about 500 rooms spread over four wings and seems very well patronised by tour groups, on this occasion Korean tour groups. Athough a 'beach frontage' hotel the Executive, Premier East and Premier West wings are well back from the beach. Because the beach frontage is so small there is room for only twenty (20) beach deck chairs, totally inadequate for a hotel this size. The room size and standard was adequate as most of the rear wings are relatively new, though we were surprised to find that a request for room cleaning needs to be made direct to reception i.e. they are not cleaned each day automatically. The breakfast quality was considered to be very poor and not well suited to Western tastes, e.g canned fruit is not the norm in even the most basic Philippine hotel. The free WiFi reception in the lobby area was exceptionally poor and the paid WiFi quite expensive. Far better to visit Starbucks or the Internet 'cafe' 50 metres up the laneway. This hotel is a very tightly run ship and although the staff are typically very polite, most requests for anything is met with "sorry sir, sorry maam". The PHP625 hotel to Kalibo airport transfer fee is about 4 times what it costs to easily self arrange. The ports are efficiently run and easy to navigate.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Guy
"good for moderate stay"
pros -service is moderate , as per expected. friendly staffs. -good location. within walking distance to the beach and not too noisy.but without much good view as well -room is neat, spacious and comfortable to stay cons -breakfast has very few choices and empty up fast (food refill is much slower than customer needs) - we found worms in the water on our 2nd day stay. hotel manages to change our room in the next 2 hours. but made no other compensation for the usage of 2 days water with worms for our daily shower and morning refreshment( brushing tooth and face washing) - no wifi in room and have to share 1 router with 3 other building or tourist.
3 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2015
evelyn chiew yun
"semi-deluxe is not that good."
the comfort room for semi-deluxe is not that good. thats why i rated it 1-terrible, also the breakfast is terrible I dont understand the taste of the foods there. i cant eat any food in their breakfast.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
ramil
"Never Again"
From the check-in to check-out, I don't know that I've ever felt so disappointed and cheated by a hotel stay. The building and grounds appear to be spacious and well maintained; however, the veneer belies a cheap and shoddy establishment, which becomes very clear the moment you open the cardboard flimsy door to your room. The room (standard queen) was large but poorly appointed; the towels and linen were clearly as old as the hotel itself; the bathroom amenities included a lone role of single ply toilet paper, nothing more. They will nickel and dime you to death on such things as extra towels (refer to the laminated placard in your room. Meanwhile, the most disappointing and infuriating part of the stay had to be the service. After checking in to the room, we switched on the TV to occupy our 3-year-old while getting situated. The cable was out. So I called housekeeping, who sent a maintenance guy, who looked at the screen and said, "I will check the cable" and left, never to return for the next 48 hours, despite repeated calls to the front desk. The utter indifference of the front desk staff was shocking until you consider that in a tourist mecca like Boracay, they don't need to be nice; the tourists are coming no matter what. In a country where friendly, respectful service and good travel value are the norm, La Carmella falls way short of standards in every category, except location.
2 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
Christian
"Good Hotel close to the beach"
My stay at the hotel was good and the staff we very helpful, the room we stayed in was lager with 3 double side beds. The food at breakfasts was good and there was plenty to chose from. the only thing i didn't like about the hotel was the lack of hot water as there was none.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"La carmela de boracay trip"
The hotel staff are very nice and hospitable. In regards with the room we stayed, water in the shower is minimal, the bathroom door is broken the washroom faucet is dirty as well as the mirror. towels are very old and we have to request hand towels and foot towels everytime because its not included in the hotel rooms. There is no wifi connection. The beddings have stains and old. The elevator is broken most of the time.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Ann
"Terrible Hotel Stay"
The Hotel looks nice on the outside but old and poorly maintained inside. The linens were off white. Towels were old. There's no shower curtain so the bathroom gets all wet when you shower. Most of all very low water pressure and the water temperature is so erratic. The bathroom is dirty, Does not look like they clean the bathroom after each guest, there's soap scum all around. They require for you to be present for them to clean your room and if you decide not to be present, You have to sign a waiver that they are not responsible if you lose anything. I say,that give somebody a license to shop for free in your room. They do have a safe but it's too small. The complementary breakfast is really complimentary. There's not that much selection. We have to use a cereal bowl for coffee because they ran out of clean coffee cups.
3 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
marcelino
"AN AVERAGE STAY"
It was nothing special really. We stayed in a hostel before La Carmela and we only had this to say, "It's not so bad to stay in the hostel for the whole trip."
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"happy"
we enjoyed so much.. very nice hotel...
2 night trip with friends Dec 18, 2014
sherry gail
"hotel"
having fun staying on the hotel good breakfast and enjoy!
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
PH
"Nice and affordable hotel for the family.."
Spacious room, can accomodate upto 4 adults.. Walking distance to the white beash stretch of station 2.. Has 3 pools that kids will surely enjoy! But there are also problems we encountered because the hotel is almost fullybooked during our stay.. One is the reception number and housekeeping number is always busy.. So i have to personally talk to a housekeeping personel to request for a room housekeeping service or we personally went to the reception desk to ask for something (hair dryer, etc)... We also had to wait for a while to get the service we asked.. Gladly, the personels are friendly and cheerful, so we didnt mind the wait.. Everything else went smoothly as far as i remember.. And oh, i was very thankful for an early check-in.. Hotel check-in is 2pm but we were already there at around 10am, and in around 20mins or so, we were already in our room! Considering that they are all busy with the Goin Bulilit cast!
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
The One
"Very Unprofessional"
The stay was not what we expected. We had to tell reception constantly that we required towels. There was no communication between reception and house keeping. If the room required house keeping, you had to tell reception to pass message onto house keeping. Over all, we found the staff very unprofessional!
3 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
"It would be nice if we were given a room on time"
the check-in process was not that accomodating, we arrived there 1pm , expecting to be in our room earlier than the check-in time (2pm) but dissapointingly, we had our room atleast 30 mins. past 2pm, they say that there is no available room yet, no choice but to wait. (what happen to advance booking?) when we have our room, the personal fridge on it is difficult to close, no towel available, even foot towel, we needed to request it. On second day, the aircondition broke, in fairness to them they responded promptly and had the aircondition unit on our room replaced in no time. the breakfast buffet is nice. the room is fairly clean, the bed and matress is ok. the staff is good. one additional flaw, the room is not sound proof, you can hear the noise outside.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Aldrin
"bora"
it was fine
3 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2014
"A family resort"
I booked this place with some friends and we were highly disappointed at the hotel. The breakfast was un edible and my balcony looked out onto a great view of a concrete wall. The pics shown online are that of the more expensive rooms and there are children and families everywhere. I moved up the road after a couple of days to a much nicer, quieter resort.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
As
"Nice and comfy"
We had a great time during our stay here. First, we were upgraded to a premium room for free (at the west wing). So we had more space to move around. The room is so comfy. It's like my sleeping kingdom. I also love the lobby since it's very huge and modern. The staff are all friendly and accommodating. The pool is so inviting. Over all, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Kudos to you guys!!! Thank you for the experience. :)
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Arvy
"Close to the beach"
Wifi not working at all and food is cold. Room not clean as so many dust under the bed when we check in. Otherwise location is good because it's close to the beach.
pringles
"Hotel at station 2"
The wifi at lobby of hotel was slow and totally inadequate for hotel of this size !! Over wise it's location at station 2 is good.
chin
MY
"Wonderful experience with my siblings and family"
Great experience my family enjoyed the stay
3 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
Wendy
PH
"Front beach , recommended for family"
They allow us for an early check in , the room is spacious, if your travelling with kids, request for the main building 1st floor very convenient, its near the pool and restaurant, overall our stay at la carmela is great!
3 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
Rovelyn
PH
"AT HOME KAMI AT LA CARMELA DE BORACAY"
this is my 7th times in boracay but first time staying in la carmela. my 2nd time i stayed with their sister company at boracay courtyard but eat breakfast at la carmela. no regrets in staying at la carmela in fact my hubby told me that if we still have the chance to go back to boracay, we will be staying here again. la carmela is the best place to stay if you're in boracay. no regrets on my stay. all personnel are very good and we have no problem with our drinking water because there's a free hot and cold water in every floor
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
gina
PH
"Disappointed!!! Not worth the price,."
It was not as what I am expecting...we arrived late in the evening and we were too tired from a long trip. I was glad that they upgraded our accommodation from semi deluxe to premier however it was too obvious that they were over booked and we were not on the expected list of guests. I thought the room was nice because its a new building but it still looks like an ordinary room in a pension house although it is said to be premier deluxe. The room has no bath towels and soap when we arrived, no foot towel can also be seen in the bathroom. The front desk and bellman mentioned several times that in case we need assistance we just have to dial 100. To my surprise the line was always busy, never was a time that I was able to connect and everytime I need something I have to go out of my room and go down in the loby.
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
Calvin June
"nice hotel to stay"
The hotel staff and hotel itself was nice. They upgraded my room to executive suites. However the lift is not working yet. But still an awesome place to stay
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
kay
SG
"Enjoyable vacation"
Staff very accommodating. Fantastic service, prompt with our request of borrowing dining utensils in room, room cleaning and towel,shampoo replacements. Free purified water in every floor hallway. Location is perfect. Complimentary breakfast is ok, but for a long stay,must have more variety of viand to satisfy guests.but al in all not a big issue because it's free. Relatively clean, I saw staff very 20-30 minutes sweeping the floor corridor because of the sand beach and wet guests coming.. Will be back for sure at La Carmela and will suggest other friends to stay here.
6 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
Lifad
"Mediocre"
Apart from the broken a/c, the extremely noisy neighbourhood and the bed bugs, it was okay, given the price.
2 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2014
Caspar
"Terrible Room"
Honestly I'm not satisfied for what I paid for the room given to us. I think that room 119 (Main) needs renovation especially the color of the paint. It's look like an old room that really need to give life. Ceiling has water stain and cabinet needs new handle.
3 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Maria Cristina
"Would not recommend"
Location fine. Staff friendly. Facilities dreadful. Communal wifi does not work. Private wifi poor yet expensive. Breakfast poor if you can get a seat. No room service/clean unless you book in advance.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014