All hotels in Sanya, China
You can collect® Rewards nights here
Yalong Bay National Resort District, Sanya, Hainan, 572000, China, ‏‎866-763-1885

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

"A truly 5 star hotel and resort"
This is a world class resort facility. It is truly magnificent in every respect. It is one of the finest hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. I can recommend this hotel with no reservations. If you stay here, you will not be disappointed.
Other trip Apr 14, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

This Hotel is New, MGM Grand always high standard of Quality in service and design. Staff are trained and greet you politely anywhere when they meet you. ( in china this is excellent ). The respond to your request is immediate. The facilities are wide, especially for kids. Bread fast is crowded during the weekend. Food range is quite ok but very limited western food.75% is local food. Staying there is expensive, everything is chargeable not complimentary for kids bread fast. The high tea and the buffet in pool side and restaurant is expensive. The rooms is big and very comfortable bed and bathroom. The view is excellent ( garden and pool ).
Genuine guest review
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2013
"Great hotel with new facilities"
The staff at the front desk kept talking to her coworker and ignored us when we wanted to check in... other than that, we had a great time. It's a fairly new hotel with clean room and nice facilities
Other trip Aug 26, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for MGM Grand Sanya

"Spacious rooms and garden but terribel service quality"
06/15/15 suppitupi Zürich
Pros - Hotel rooms are spacious; - Food at the pool restaurant was good (but not better than outside the hotel); - Nice garden, pool Cons - They could not find our booking when we arrived. They let us wait for 4 hours although we showed our booking confirmation (confirmed by the hotel). When we complaint we received a very rude answer. No apologies, no free drink, nothing. We never experienced such a rude and unprofessional service in our life as frequent travellers. - Room (especially the bathroom) was not clean (we raised a claim but staff was not able and willing to fix it (...and not because of a language problem). No apolgies at all. - They overcharged my credit card and the hotel frist was not willing to do the right adjustments. - It is a very Chinese hotel; as a traveller from Europe or the US, you might be shocked when it comes to the breakfast buffet (if not used to Chinese custom): Although it is mainly a Chinese breakfast buffet, the selection and freshness of food is good; however, the restaurant looks and feels like a battleground. It got that far that a Chinese lady was stealing a dumpling from my plate while I was queing (no joke :-)) - Overall the hotel does not have a relaxed atmosphere, it is very busy. - The hotel has no private beach and the beach itself is not really nice and clean. Conclusion: To be honest, it was a waste of money and we never will visit this hotel (and Sanya) again.
"So so"
05/02/15 FlorencePaget Shanghai, China
Sea view suite booked but it was a side view upon our arrival so they change us into a suite sea view, good reactivity (lucky me I had met the room director upon my check in). More than an hour waiting for a lunch, I had to ask for free ice cream for kids, not sure they would have propose anything to apologize. Last night room service they ask me to pay by cash because I had exceed my deposit amount!! So last lunch had been offered... Despite all disappointments during our stay, I think I was lucky to meet the director of rooms if not I am not sure reactivity would had been so efficient.. I cannot say I would come back because service is really poor even if people are nice.
"Fancy looking hotel with tiny rooms"
04/08/15 BwanaSam
Stayed with a family, views are rubbish unless you are willing to spend a lot to upgrade to the best rooms. We upgraded to the deluxe rooms and it still wasnt that good. Could hardly see the ocean. A very long walk to the beach!! The swimming pool compensates for this as it is massive and temperature controlled. Breakfast was not included so we took a walk to the eating/walking streets which was a lovely experience. Not a very family friendly setup - many restricted paths and routes because of maintenance (which in my opinion should be done off peak) Chocolate shop was expensive!! They need someone from Europe to come show them what chocolate really tastes like haha. I wish we stayed in Haitang Bay to be honest - was much better there with more personalised service and less people. Unfortunately now famous for gay parties - so not very family friendly!!
"MGM has good rooms"
01/08/15 Abramis Hangzhou, China
This was our first time in MGM Grand. We stayed here two nights, as the price was somewhat ok. I have been in Sanya almost every year since 2004. Check-in: Oh mine, truly slow and sorry to say hotel personnel appeared not to be on top of their job. Over 20 guests were waiting for quite some time. I did see lot of hotel personnel, but most were just bystanders. They didn't offer us anything during the check-in. Lobby area itself looks kind of tasteless. Hotel room: Rather good room. Spacious, no issues at all and no sign of wear and tear. We had direct seaview room, which I would really recommend. High floor of course. Bed and pillows were good for western taste, i.e. soft enough. Hotel room itself is fully competitive compared with any Hilton, Sheraton etc. Actually it is better than the rooms in Yalong Bay's Hilton and Sheraton. But clearly behind St.Regis just as an example. Swimming pools: These are fully ok. As we were here in December it was important that hotel offers two heated pools to guests. Unfortunately one is reserved only for club members. Lifeguard was active at their small heated "public" pool. For kids they do have another shallow pool with slides. This is warm enough also in winter time although it has no heating. Beach: Very good in general. Absolutely nothing to complain here. Good Yalong Bay standard quality. Swimming area in sea is big enough for those who prefer to swim in the sea (few). Sea doesn't deepen quickly and there are no strong currents really. On windy days they had yellow flag, so it was good to be able to get in to the sea (no whistleblowers). They have lifeguard on the beach, which is a must. Breakfast: Well most of their customers are Chinese. The western food selection was bit limited, but everything was ok. Fruits were good. Well their coffee was below par. Also they didn't understand my English - so I ended up speaking in Chinese. It is good to note that this hotel does charge kids for breakfast already, if they are 6 years old. This means 120 kuai extra per breakfast per head. Many competing hotels don't charge this young kids. E.g. St Regis in Yalong Bay charges kids who are 10 years or older. Restaurants: We didn't eat our lunches or dinners in the hotel. Lunch is not necessary after bigger breakfast really. We had most dinners in Hexi road. Seafood is great and cheap there. Ok, taxi 2 ways cost around 130 kuai. Other guests: Lot of people from Dongbei. Also many from Sichuan. No westerners really. Zero Russians as well. Some Japanese. Guests were ok behaving, but some local kids were typically misbehaving. Some parents were just clueless with their hysterically crying kids. Improvement areas: -Check-in (really a mess now) -English skills in general -Service attitude & skills (hit and miss) -Breakfast (western food selection should be wider) To sum it up: This is a solid 4 star hotel. Not a luxury resort by any means. It is rather good place to go with your younger kids (0-12 years old). However, language skills are limited and I would really recommend this hotel for those who can also speak Chinese. I prefer bit more premium hotels and would not stay here again.
12/26/14 alan512 Brighton, United Kingdom
Huge hotel in fantastic location. Rooms are enormous and the room price is very good. Room service is expensive but overall a brilliant experience. Great place to eat a few minutes away to the left of main exit. Oh and despite the name there is no Casino.
"Great,Awesome,Fantastic Singer (Band)"
12/09/14 Mercy Z New Zealand
we were from Hilton Hotel,but my family and I transfered to MGM,because one night I just take a little walk with my husband,and we saw MGM. About our curiousity,we passed by and we heard a very nice voice of beautiful young lady,singing Chinese song,eventhough I don't understand the song,I saw the lady singing with full of emotions.,we stopped and stayed for a while,after she finished the song people were very happy and we enjoyed also the performance of the singer. I could say she's better than the singers in Hilton,and she's the best among the singers in all hotels in Yalong Bay.
"MGM what? "
10/28/14 tambolero
MGM Grand : for sure the name have a reputation in their service, entertainment and quality. But here in China that reputation went on the other side! I don't know if the management from the U.S. are doing something? 1. Communication Problem: only a few staff can speak and communicate in english, the worst part was sometimes the supervisor cannot speak english at all ... Luckily they got interns that can speak and understand english. 2. staff Lack of training : self explanatory 3. Offers no other food except Chinese food 4. Very expensive 5. Not worth the mo money to spend. Please do something about it ...
"Nice but a little Disneyland and Poor Service"
09/03/14 KelIndia Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
A very nice looking, in fact stunning hotel from a distance, but look to close and you will see the cheap and nasty finsihes, lack of detailing and plane tackiness of things..... Rooms are large with very nice bathrooms, food was good quality, but very much charter fligth hotel food ....... but the rally big let down was the service ..... slow, at times surley, but most of the time noone could understand a word any of us were saying ....... I am English and have lived in India for 16 years ...... so I know the drill on communication issues ..... but this was worse than I have every experience ..... if you are english and can not speak maderin this is not a place to visit as no-one could speak a word of english .... not a word. My Indian friends were very frustrated with this and I was able to lean back and say "now you know what I put up with every day?" ..... I did enjoy my stay but it was not without it's very frustrating moments ..... not a place or a hotel I would return to tomorrow .....
"good discounted price"
09/01/14 pierrehsing Brisbane, Australia
Upon arrival in Sanya I ran into this hotel by chance; at the lobby I saw a discounted room rate for guests down by 20%. The hotel offers good facilities and faces the sea ( Yalong Bay) where not many tourists frequent. It is good to be away from the maddening crowd ( if you come in August or September) There are pools as well and the food in the restaruants is quite good. There is a movie night as well.
"Good for Madarin Speakers"
08/28/14 Thvanan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
MGM Grand Sanya is good for Mandarin Speakers but not good for English Speakers. There are a few staff who are able to speak in English. The room condition was not bad and slides' floors of kids swimming pools are not good enough for kids to go down the slide. Breakfast buffet was very good with nice ambiance. Should bring some food or drink from outside. One coke costs 45RMB. Dinner buffet or set menu costs about 450-500RMB per person.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews