All hotels in Clearlake, California, United States of America

Comfortable
    Quite clean
    Room is all right
    Bad amenities
Although only 4 rooms away from the main office the wifi was spotty at best when connected. When connected however the download speed was similar to that noise you used to hear on AOL commercials. And the surrounding area? Wow, lock your doors and make sure no meth heads are around, because they sure are. Random cars would pull into the parking lot and then leave. Just a weird place
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2016
Matthew
"I was afraid of my hotel room"
I was afraid of this hotel room - it was the worst place I have ever been in. The only reason I stayed here after seeing and smelling the room was that everything was booked due to the people who had to evacuate after the fires in Lake County. What was wrong? the door didn't shut properly, the curtains were hanging off their hanging pins, the walls had bug guts squashed on them which was not cleaned off, the walls had drips of dirty water or something running down them, the floors were yucky - I wore shoes the whole time I was there - the bathroom smelled so bad of mold or mildew that we couldn't use it except for a quick trip to the toilet. It was bad, really bad.
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"lake front not inviting"
This place is right on the lake,just needs owners that will invite people by fixing up the area around the pool and lake front. The area around the motel is run down with few options for places to eat.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Comfy bed"
The room was clean and my bed was made for me daily. I was honestly only there to sleep. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were nice and soft. My only complaint is that the air conditioning unit was old and/or needed a desperate cleaning or to be replaced. When I turned the unit on, the air blowing into my room would smell like old cigarettes from people smoking outside the room in the past. I left the window in the bathroom open and it wasn't a big deal. I only had it on for short bursts. Like I said, I was only there to sleep so the comfy bed made it worth while.
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
"Great for the price and location"
We booked a king size room on the website but when we got there they only had two doubles. A little bit of a bummer, but not to bad. Small little pool and right on the lake, although it was pretty low when we were there.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Sweet and clean"
Cleans rooms ,great staff near shopping . Close to the water .
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
big daddy
"Out of the way room"
Of the 5 days we stayed at different hotels/motels, this was at the bottom in all areas. We arrived late and the person checking us in, had to be woken up. The stairs to the room were loose. The room felt dirty even if it wasn't. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
"Convenient location for our purposes"
Inside of rooms better than it would seem from outside. Room, location, people all good just in a depressed area.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Room had an overpowering musty smell. Room did not have new pillowtop beds as advertised. Will not stay here again.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"stayed here twice for bass fishimg tournaments"
Great hotel for the money , the staff was very accommodating, excellent view of the lake . I would recommend if your looking for a nice clean place to stay . Had my bass boat parked in the parking lot for 2 nights this last trip and no worries . If your stay on the south end of the lake i would recommend close to redbud launch ramp ,food and walmart for them last min. Needs.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Very Accommodating"
The desk clerk was very courteous and helped us by getting an enjoying room for my sick wife. The extra space and making it quiet for her was very nice.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Jack Powell
"Deporable accommodations"
The stay was deporable, with dirty rooms, front-doors that would not lock, and overall bad experience. The location was good as we were in town for business, but that was the only good thing about it.
3 night business trip Jun 9, 2013
Mattias
"Wouldn't stay there again"
The front desk clerk was not friendly; room was okay, but not as clean as it should have been.
1 night trip with friends May 26, 2013
Judy

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Decent motel for price range. Right on the lake."
Only stayed overnight while passing through. It was exactly as advertised and what I was expecting for the price point. Man at front counter was pleasantly friendly.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
2 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
1 night trip May 3, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Lamplighter Motel

"NOT a good place to stay!!!"
08/03/15 Corinne B Gardnerville, Nevada
I stayed at the Lamplighter years ago and loved it. It was clean and the restaurant was open right next door, also the neighborhood was way better. I decided to go back this year for a little vacation so I booked a 2 night stay. When I got there and got checked in the room was so hot and the airconditioner wasn't working right. the room was dirty and smelled bad. The fridge in the room didn't work either. We walked around the motel to check things out and it just got worse. There were chairs and old mattresses scatterered around the pool area the dock was covered in cob webs and old and looked like it was falling apart. The whole property was filthy and discusting. I only stayed one night and canceled the second, I couldn't stay there another night. It is poorly run and not maintained at all. I don't recommend staying here. NOT worth it. And to top things off I was with my daughter who is 15 and there was a smoke shop and weed dispencery right across from the motel and right next to a miniature golf cource. Nice.
"Lamplighter Inn, Clearlake, CA"
12/23/13 Faith R Clearlake, California
On 12/22/2013 I stayed in in room 14 at the Lamplighter and I have nothing but high praises for them. The room was immaculately clean, not a bit of dirt or dust anywhere. The decor was excellent and very "non-motelish"! The bathroom was well supplied with amenities and spotless. Other amenities included a large screen T.V., microwave and refrigerator. The view of the lake and mountains was beautiful and the price was very reasonable. There is a lovely pool and what looks like boat docks. Management was very kind and very courteous. Photos of the Inn on search sites are accurate.Only suggestions I would make would be a "peep-hole" in the door and extra rolls of toilet paper. I highly recommend this motel to anyone wanting to stay in the Clearlake area.
"Decent cheap motel..."
09/26/13 choo2drivr Olivehurst, California
This little mom and pop place was decent enough. Reasonably clean, a bit worn and shabby as should be expected considering the price you pay. beds were comfy, internet was good (and free), TV was big 'ol tube. Owners were friendly. Ice machine is unfortunately accessible to everyone, including small children and it's design allows anyone to play in the big bin of ice as opposed to filling a container by pressing a button. It is lakefront, but when we were there, there was an algae bloom going on and the water right at the motel was sort of disgusting. The beach a bit further away was fine. A good enough place for the price.
"Scary"
04/02/13 418MaggieW Albany, California
Upon arrival, we were told that the room we had booked was unavailable due to flooding -- the plumber was at the hotel. We stayed in a very small, corner room that did not have a working lock. Bedclothes had hair (head and pubic) and bathroom was moldy. Is not in a good area of Clearlake and I did not feel safe walking around after dark. Slept fully clothed in the bed and left right away in the morning!
"Outdated"
02/23/13 Dennis A Battle Creek
The rooms are very old and outdated. Not very clean. The locks did not work on the room I was in. The water was not very hot for showers. The TV was as big as the bed with a 12" screen and scratchy picture. It smelled bad. I could only take one night of it. I had a 2 month job in Clearlake and there was no way I was going to spend it there.
"Good Value"
11/05/12 camilla1951 Ullapool, United Kingdom
When we asked the owners if we could borrow plates and glasses they happily loaned them to us. The room, with a very comfortable king-size bed, had a little dining alcove with a table and two chairs. We microwaved our meal and were delighted to have a table to eat from. In this lack-lustre small town this was the best and cheapest accommodation we found.
"If this is #2 I would hate to visit #3"
09/26/12 FamilyAEAL Virginia Beach, Virginia
For the price you can't expect luxury but what you can expect is the management to take a little pride in their establishment. We were greeted by "Miss Personality" herself who was obviously having a bad day. The husband must have noticed and came to the desk to help instead. After check-in carrying the luggage upstairs was rather interesting because half of woodstairs felt as if they were so rotten that my entire leg would go through at any moment. The room was clean enough except for the mysterious brown spot in the middle of the bathroom floor that was to be avoided. My kids and I slept fine but my wife mentioned to me in the morning that there were people next door having a regular conversation that she could hear almost every word of so obvously the walls are quite thin. The refrigerator did not work. Perhaps it was the time of year but there is a strong smelling algae that accumulates in the little harbor next to the motel that has the aroma of a dairy farm but the view of the lake the morning we left was beautiful. If you are looking for somewhere to lay your head and take a shower without spending too much money the Lamplighter is accommodating in that respect but if you expect a continental breakfast or any sort of customer service just drive by and wave.
"Did not make the grade"
07/16/12 teralinda El Sobrante, California
Althought the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, the customer service was very negligent. There was no hot water for the entire night and next day. There is no accessible ice machine, on a hot July day! The ice machine is in their personal quarters and you have to wait outside awhile, a seeming inconvenience to them. The air conditioner/ fan stopped working and I had to get someone to fix it. The refrigerator was not working well and was mild cool. MY cooler was much colder. But the worst were the poorly designed stairs immediately outside of the office which were not properly finished, made of slate and very slippery so that someone could easily slip(me) and he was only concerned that someone witnessed this. A good part including the second floor stairs need serious attention and may be broken. Overall, I was very displeased and will do more research before looking for a good deal.
"No valla para allá"
05/16/13 mkpdl Santiago, Chile
Solamente quería pasar mi tarde de domingo junto al lago luego de recorrer el wine country. Fue una muy mala elección. El lago es pésimo, agua sucia y una ciudad muy deprimida. El hotel es fiel reflejo de la ciudad. Mal ambiente, las habitaciones anticuadas, poco limpias, las cerraduras malas, en fin... no recomendable.