All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America

4.9
    4.8
"Quiet Hotel close to P&L District"
Overall I was very happy with our stay. We also enjoyed eating in the hotel at the restaurant for breakfast. Very quiet and comfortable room. No signs for Valet parking or self parking, but after second trip around the block we found the lot ourselves
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2014
"Overall good experience"
The hotel was very nice and most of the staff was extremely friendly. One of the cleanest hotels I've been to. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. There is a restaurant in the hotel and the food there was very good. I liked that they had a free shuttle that took you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. Beats trying to find parking. Overall, we had a good experience and I would come back.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel by Power & Light District"
We stayed one night at the Ambassador Hotel to simply have a nice place to stay within walking distance of Power & Light. The service was excellent, although we didn't ask for much during our stay. The hotel itself is beautiful inside and our room, a "Corner King" was very clean. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was beautiful, as well. The bathroom only had a shower, no tub, which was fine with us. The shower was spacious and had a very nice shower head. Overall, we were impressed with this hotel and will stay there again when in downtown KC.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
We were not there very long, checked in in the evening and left the next morning so we did not have a lot of experiences but our room was great. The only negatives we found is that we wish there had been more than two bath towels in the bathroom and there was a hole in our carpet just outside of the bathroom. Not what you would expect for a 4 star hotel. Otherwise everything else was great.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Nice hotel, great location!"
It was just the perfect experience. The room was clean and nicely decorated and everybody was so friendly.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"great location"
This is a nice hotel in a great location! We had tickets to a show at the Midland Theater and this was within walking distance. Lots of theaters nearby and a good selection of restaurants. The room itself was clean, spacious, and beautiful! The large marble shower in the bathroom and decorative scrollwork in the bedroom made it feel luxurious. Water, tea and (Keurig) coffee were complimentary. Unfortunately, breakfast is not included in the room rate and their breakfast menu is WAY overpriced. Otherwise, it was a great experience staying at the Ambassador.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2014
"Wonderful bank conversion"
bank built in 1920, converted to a gem of a small hotel. The public spaces were small and cozy - well appointed and all done to the smaller scale of the old bank lobby. The rooms, however, were generous in size stylish in a grey and eggplant color scheme. The hotel staff were outstandingly helpful - the bar well stocked. The complimentary shuttle was convenient and helpful in the inclement weather of the weekend.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Classy hotel"
Beautiful place. Wish it had a bath tub, however.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Very nice hotel - but pricey"
We enjoyed our stay, but probably won't spend this much to stay here again. The hotel is very nice. Clean. The staff was exceptional. Great location downtown. Free shuttle within 5 miles. Self parking $18/Valet $20. Room temperature left something to be desired. When the heat turned on, it was loud and blew directly on the bed. (Rm 601.) Noises from the hallway were easily heard. Given the average room size and very few hotel amenities, the price seems too high.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
JHawk
I usually stay at the big chain hotels when I travel for business but decided to try the Ambassador because it was close to my client's office. What a nice surprise. Beautiful hotel. The rooms were really nice- beautiful bathrooms. Food was excellent- I ordered room service. The only thing was the bed was not real comfortable and not great lighting by my bed- a little hard to work. But, I would definitely stay there again. Nice staff, too.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
S.
"amazing"
the staff was courteous, the room was clean and the decor of the hotel was a 10 out of 10. This place was simply amazing.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
"Old Hollywood Glamour!"
A beautiful hotel, very tastefully decorated in a cross between upscale modern and old Hollywood glamour. The price is reasonable for the quality of hotel. The only issue was the rooms were a little dark even with all the lamps on. However it would be perfect for a romantic getaway! The shower was amazing.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
Cherron
"A Must Stay!!"
I'm not sure if you could find a better mix of atmosphere and amenities. Just 1 block away from the Power & Light District as well as Sprint Center, you're definitely downtown. Parking is secured and gated. The best part, waliking into the lobby is like stepping back into time. Almost a 1920's kind of vibe. The staff was accomodating and the room was perfect. My wife and I will definitely be back!
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2014
"Great Downtown KC hotel!"
Great place to stay! Really pretty decor and just a comfortable stay overall! Highly recommend!
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Very Friendly, good food, great service"
Loved the restaurant and found the shuttle extremely convenient.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Very nice"
Cool hotel great location would stay again.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"One of the coolest hotels I have every stayed with"
The hotel itself is just cool. The staff was great. The rooms were spacious and furnished with beautiful pieces. The color scheme fit directly with the overall theme of the hotel. It's a small 42 room hotel but evreything about it just said "cool". The bar/restaurant staff were friendly and very accomodating. The food was very good but the menu is somewhat limited. If I ever find myself in Kansas City again , I will not think of anywhere else to stay. Excellent service and accomdations...I would highly recommend.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"on the way to being great ....still"
smallest room on floor was large compared to other hotels and very clean and modern. Coffee m/c was broken - but for 1 night not a big deal. Staff are a little too cool for school, (checked in @ 10 asked for upgrade, but none available on a MONDAY night and hotels.com still had 2 rooms for sale an hour later.......) restaurant was funky/cool - 4 for furnishings, 3 for food/service.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
regular kansas city visitor
"comfortable bed"
This hotel had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on while away from home. Their breakfast was yummy, too.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
shelley
"Sprint Center Evening"
We planned for a romantic evening at the Ambassador with an event at the Sprint Center. Fantastic! Parking is immediately adjacent to the hotel and extremely convenient. The hotel is beautifully appointed and the room was not only updated lux, but also very comfortable. Both Sprint Center and Power & Light district are very walkable. A great experience all around.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2013
"Amazing Hotel, but had no hot water"
Ambassador Hotel was an amazing hotel for us to stay at for my cousins shower/bachelorette party. The hotel is beautiful and clean, but we had no hot water AT ALL in one of the rooms and then limited hot water in the other. The guests in the one with no hot water did not get a shower due to the water issue. The hotel did refund our parking fess, but since I didn't book through them, could not give me a refund.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Right where I needed to be"
Perfect
3 night trip Oct 1, 2013
"Beautiful boutique hotel - very pleasant surprise!"
This was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. From the bathroom fixtures to the elevator to the room amenities, everything was gleaming and first-rate. I had not heard of this small chain of only three cities, but I'll definitely be coming back. I even got an amazing organic grass-fed steak at 10:00pm at the bar!
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Glenn
"Great boutique"
Cool boutique hotel in great downtown location
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
We chose this location because we were going to a concert at the Sprint Center. There were 4 women and we felt very safe walking a block and a half to our concert. We didn't spend much time in the hotel but the time we did, we were very satisified. They were very accommodating when we asked for more water and coffee. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2013
Michele
"Wonderful!"
Having stayed at a different hotel in Kansas City last year, staying at the Ambassador this year put the previous place to shame. From the check-in experience to checking out everything was above my expectations.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
Jan
"very cool hotel...upscale modern vibe"
great room. lots of space. nicely decorated. well appointed
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Joe V
"Fun experience"
The room was nice and well decorated. The interior of the hotel was beautifully decorated. The fitness center was lacking and no pool- wish they had more to offer..The room itself was clean (on the surface)- we couldn't find the remote and had to look under the bed :/ EEKKK...gross. We chose to walk to our restaurant and ended up being harassed by people from the surrounding neighborhoods- all in all it was a fun staycation. The price of the room was a decent value.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
We drove from Atlanta - and took the scenic route - so had fifteen hours under our belts when we arrived at 9:30pm, so all we wanted was an easy check-in and a comfortable room. We were welcomed immediately and received swift, professional service. Our room was more indulgent, cozy, beautiful, and spacious than we had imagined. The decor was modern, tasteful, and the aesthetics were warm and luxurious. The bathroom was outstanding, with granite-work in the shower that was inspiring and well-done. The only word for the bed was 'heavenly'. The overall impression of both the room and hotel was that someone had taken real care in the overall aesthetic as well as construction. The only downside was that my significant other was bothered twice by panhandlers when he went down to the parking lot to get things from our car. We would definitely revisit the Ambassador when travelling through Kansas City.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2013
Rachel
"New and fresh"
Good digs for the price. One year old and they are anxious to please. Loved the breakfast, high end breakfast at dinner prices. Rooms are modern with all the amenities. Walk to Sprint Center and the entertainment district... Or get a ride in the Caddy Escapade. Will stay there again.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
LMD
"The Ambassador is great!"
Staff was great, front desk was efficient, parking is good, bar is spectacular, great location to everything downtown, rooms were big and clean, bathrooms were huge and clean.. I could not get the AC to work right. It was either 75 or 60 degrees. Highly recommend the hotel!
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Modern and Convenient Stay!"
I was very impressed with our stay. My only complaints are that the room wasn't clean until after 4 pm, which left us without towels. And there was road work being done, which involved jack hammers outside of our room sounding off early Saturday morning. Overall I would definitely stay there again! Very convenient (a block away from Power and Light) and the staff was great!
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
"Beautiful hotel"
We went to KC for a concert at the Sprint Center. This hotel is within easy walking distance of the Sprint Center, store & restaurants in the area. They also have complimentary shuttle service w/I 5 miles. The hotel staff were friendly & recommended a wonderful restaurant, The Majestic. The only thing that bothered us was that the maid knocked on our door at 8 AM. Not cool when theckout wasn't until 12PM. The need "do not disturb" sign to avoid this.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Barb
"Sprint Center convenience"
Great bathroom with dual vanities. COmfy bed. Quiet. Nice decor and a good HD TV. Helpful staff, especially the baggage assistant. Less than two blocks from Sprint Center and KC Live at Power and Light District. Wish we had tried out the restaurant. Loved the funky chairs and the vibe there.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Amazing boutique hotel!"
We loved it!
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2013
"Not a great evening"
So my wife and I chose this hotel for a couple of reasons, 1. It looked like a really nice hotel for us to be for our 1st wedding anniversary and 2. It was conveniently located to a wedding reception we were attending. When we arrived back at our hotel at 11pm there was a party in the reception /lounge area and people were walking in off the street. The music was blaring. We retired to our room and prepared for bed. At around 12 am we heard loud shouting and doors being slammed on our floor. My wife eventually called the front desk and complained. The noise did however not abate and in fact got worse. This continued until at least 1:40 am. Nothing was done by the hotel to try silence the noisemakers. There was also no access control from the party to the elevators accessing the bedrooms. Stay away from this hotel if you are looking for a peaceful quiete night.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Guven
"Concert"
We stayed Downtown to be close to both the Midland Theater and the Power and Light District. This Hotel was perfect. Extremely well designed and very modern decor. Would definately stay here again!
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Shelly
Great place to stay if you are spending time at Sprint Center or the Power and Light District.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
"Boutique at its finest in KC-MO"
It was a very pleasant stay and the bar tender, Cody (I believe he was known) made some excellent Old Fashions (hence the "I believe" statement previous). I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to take their stay up a notch or two.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2013
"Rudest most inept service."
People working there rude and incompetent. Had many aggravating experiences in a 12 hour stay that will definitely cause me to look elsewhere for accommodations next time I am in KC.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2013
"Great for business or weekend get away"
This hotel offered great service, large clean and comfortable rooms, with a great location. Not great for children as their is no pool or fitness center. Other than that, would stay again.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
The free shuttle service was great, and we appreciated being within walking distance of Power and Lights District.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2013
Lambert
"Very long night"
First, they are a pet friendly hotel, but the closest place to potty them is 1 1/2 blocks away and the staff didn't even know about it. There is a hefty price for them to stay too. Second, (It wasn't peek season) they put us in a room that faced the main street, that they know there was an event that night. We didn't realize it til just before bed. Third, the air conditioner was very noisy when it kicked on, and hot when it wasn't on.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Very classy hotel and excellent service all around!
1 night trip with friends Jun 1, 2013
"Classy and Clean Hotel"
If you go to K.C. for something at the Sprint Center or want to hang out in the Power and Light district, this hotel is PERFECT. Loved the atmosphere. Staff were very accomodating. Beds were very comfortable and clean. Will be staying here again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 27, 2013
Haley
"Ambassador :Cloud 9"
Ambassador Hotel, was a notch ...scratch...several notches high. From the "A" robes, the bathroom, to the bed, it was a blissful experience. I truly enjoyed the stay, and will be looking forward to a return....loved it
1 night trip May 5, 2013
"Great location to explore downtown KC"
Very nice hotel. Is within easy walking distance of Sprint center and great nightlife activities. Would definitely stay here again. Helpful, informative staff.
Other trip May 7, 2013
Beautiful restored historic building. Our room was big, luxurious and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Doug
"Home while in Kansas City"
Good renovation, nice hotel. Good location, convenient to downtown. Excellent staff, management is on top of things, friendly and efficient.
Other trip Apr 4, 2013
GreenTech
"Chic accommodations!!"
Very chic accommodations. Very clean. We loved the restaurant downstairs so much we ate there twice in two days. You have to try the Southwest Club and Fries! Walking distance to Sprint center.
Other trip Mar 6, 2013