All hotels in Laconia, New Hampshire, United States of America

• Bar and Beverages
    Standard bar
    Poor vibe
    Uncomfortable
"Nice place to spend a weekend!"
Beautiful views and a great staff!
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Angelina
"Friendly & Clean"
Friendly staff, room was very clean. I would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
The property layout is a bit challenging. They should make it easier to access the lake on the beach side. The room was very clean.
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Fun 50's style lake resort"
Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was very clean but the pillows could have been better. Nice little retreat for getting my work done. I would come back.
2 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
"Quick one night stay"
just in for one night. Front desk ppl were very nice and accomodating. Took a cool free boat ride around the lake too before we left. Not super modern, a bit aged, but great ppl and fun things to do.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
This place is a nice place to stay, somewhat convenient to all vacation locations. Only downside is rooms are somewhat old looking, and you can hear through the walls without even trying. For the amount of time we spent in the room, the Naswa was just right.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Stayed there as a child, amazing the difference 45 years makes. Not the rustic little place I remembered. Still a great place to go and enjoy.
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Naswa resort is totally worth a visit."
My wife and I were very impressed by this resort. You can tell that the resort is 80 years old, but you can also tell that it's very well maintained and updated. The rooms, while a little small, we're very nicely appointed and well kept. The point of a resort like this isn't to stay in the rooms anyways. The resort is within easy access if both sides I'd town, with shopping and attractions less than 5 minutes away on both sides. The beach was wonderful, with loads of beach chairs on which to relax. The food, while expensive, was worth it at both restaurants. They might be two of the best meals I've ever had. The bar was a little expensive for drinks, but you should expect that at a resort. I was happy with the size of the drink I got for the price. The canal was beautiful and within easy access to the lake and Weir's Beach. Going during the week is the best time. The majority off people are families and there are no social events to crowd the beach and bar. The price is right as well. We're already planning to save up for a trip back next year if possible.
5 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Julia
"Great night in New Hampshire!"
We came to town for one night, two couples. Room was perfect with water views! The beds were very comfortable! We especially enjoyed the balcony!
1 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2015
Jennifer J.
Friendly staff, clean rooms, right on the lake with private beach
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
very old, needs updates
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
"Naswa opinion"
We spent 3 days at the hotel and we have no complains. We only couldn't get a baby crib but it's fine.
3 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
Goergi
Overall this hotel is good. It is located right next to a lake and the view of sunset is really amazing. Also the location of this hotel is very convenient for many attraction and activities around the area. Few things I would like to point out: I would mention that the hotel building is very old. The power outlets in both of our rooms where really loose and I had a hard time charging my camera. If you drive a big Van or SUV the parking spots are extremely small in size.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Be sure to ask if they are accommodating bus tour."
We were very displeased, my wife and I went there specifically to enjoy the restaurant and lake view from our balcony room we had reserved .Instead we were told we could not eat at the restaurant or have the lake view balcony room because of a bus tour they had staying there. Lots of loud people with TV's blaring at night and a got to wake up to a bus idling at my doorway while loading people for 20 minutes @ 7 am. That was the view I got to pay for, the tail end of a bus in a parking lot, after we had to drive around and find a place to eat dinner.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
Todd & Lynn
this motel was at a great location and we really enjoyed our stay
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Nice Resort."
The resort is very clean. There is staff constantly cleaning the beach. Asking if we would like drinks. The views where beautiful. At night there are 2 bom fires to sit around along with music and a outside drink/food stand. Also a indoor restaurant. Very pleased. The only thing I would recommend is bringing your own pillow from home. The pillows are uncomfortable and the bed is on the hard side.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Anna
"Close to Concert Venue"
We would definitely stay at the Naswa Resort again! We had a room with a balcony on the water. Went out one morning on the boat with Captain Dennis - beautiful! The staff was kind and very helpful. Great experience!
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Great view from our room ... professional staff"
We arrived to be told that though the website for Naswa noted that they were Pet Friendly ... and that two pets were allowed that the resort did not have a room available to us and our pet. The staff believed that the website stated that we needed to call to reserve a special room. A review of the Naswa website revealed that our perception was accurate and that it was not stated anywhere to call for a pet friendly room. The manager politely explained that their problem stems from the need to have rooms available for persons with asthma and/or allergies to pets. This is where the Manager, Patty and the Staff went the extra mile and showed that they cared about us and the Naswa Resort. While we were calling Expedia to explain what had happened and to request a refund, the manager contacted the people who were staying in the dog room and arranged with them to accept another room which they agreed to do .... and then began preparing the pet friendly room for us. The room was clean and equipped with a small dog bed and water/food dishes ... not to mention the beautiful view of the lake. Our stay was pleasant and the staff (despite their "rule") was exceptionally helpful and went way beyond expectations to make us and our dog feel at home.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"nice place to bring a family"
we really did enjoy our stay at the resort we enjoyed all the different activities the hotel offers . the smore night was a big hit!!!! All the staff were wonderful all over the resort especially in the restaurant the entertainment waccomerdatas a wonderful addiction. We really enjoyed out bartender Sam was really friendly and very attentive to our needs. We plan on coming back again next summer !!!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
mb
"Nice hotel right on the Lake & close to Weirs Bch."
Checked in on a Thursday for 1 night. Had a concert in Meadowbrook with my daughter. Was able to check in at Noon and go exploring for the afternoon. Great location and easy to get to Meadowbrook from this hotel. Air conditioner was not working well when we checked into the room. Was set at 60, but clearly not working well. I took it upon myself to check the filters as this was a newer air conditioning unit. As I suspected, they were dirty so I cleaned them. Once they were clean, the air conditioner worked great. When checking out in the morning, I suggested that they make cleaning the filters a routine every 2 weeks. Otherwise, nice spot. Note that parking is a bit tight. Especially if you drive a large vehicle like I do. I drive a Suburban and was concerned about other people denting my car the spots were so tight.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Darlene
"Always again"
Just stay for one night when I've been able to stay the whole week on more than that. Amazing location just at the lake and good and helpful staff. Was there for a concert and the taxi connected to the hotel picked us up and dropped us off as well. Just great overall service
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2014
"Great view/budget hotel"
We paid a bit extra for a lake front room which was gorgeous! The views were incredible. The room was a bit outdated and had a musty smell. Also, very tiny. We loved having a little deck on the beach. Worth the price.
1 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2014
KBVT
Hotels got my reservation wrong they booked us in a non pet friendly room I always mention I have a five pound dog it took about ten hours to straighten it out it was a night mare plus no compensation of any kind !'!!!! Not sure if we would go through hotels . Com again
3 night romance trip Jun 23, 2014
"Grandma's Spare Room"
The place looked like it was nice 40 years ago and hasremained that way. there's a smell that reminded me of retirement apartments. the room was out dated by at least 40 years, and the beach is barely that. Not to mention the beds were smaller than described and the mattress has probably seen better days. For what I paid to be close to Meadowbrook, I could of stayed in Tilton for less money and a better Hotel, I guess the lesson is don't always believe the rating, talk to someone who may have visited an area that you can trust.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"On the water"
Room was fine-two double beds. Not much room other than that.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"A solid 3.5"
We arrived on the Wednesday before bike week, and we were the only ones in the place, which was nice. Our room was clean and comfortable. My husband and I sleep on a queen bed at home, but we found the queen beds in the room a bit snug and ended up sleeping separately. The TV was a nice flat screen, but had only basic cable. I know most people don't go on vacation to watch TV, but the hockey playoffs were going on, and we couldn't watch them in our room. There was an available HDMI input, in case you want to bring a game system or DVD player for the kids. Which leads me to my biggest complaint - the free WiFi was useless. I could not get enough of a signal to use my iPad at all over the course of our visit. On the other hand, I had better cell service than I ever get at home, so just be prepared to use up your data minutes. The establishment is in walking distance of Weirs Beach, the drive-in, the MS Washington lake tours, etc. You can also walk out the back door of the motel and be on the lake. There were plenty of lounge chairs for guests. As I mentioned, we stayed on the cusp on the season, so the weather was still cool and often rainy, and the resort was quiet, which is how we prefer it. The restaurant was only open on the weekend at that time, so we didn't try it out. The staff were pleasant but not particularly helpful - they didn't ask if we needed directions or recommendations or anything. I would stay again, but it's definitely more rustic than luxurious.
4 night family trip May 28, 2014
MGibson
"Great location and kept very well!"
Went for a one night stay for business, The room was clean comfortable and very affordable for the end of the season. Hope to get a great deal for bike week next year because the location is prime and the events are a good time!
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Stephanie Roger
"Close to sightseeing"
We were absolutely satisfied .The location and views of the resort were amazing.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Foliage viewing"
The hotel was a little dated but clean. Excellent value for what we paid I would go back again
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Paul G
"Very nice hotel, within view of the lake"
The motel/hotel was cozy, clean and modern. We ate a take out supper on the little porch which was furnished with 2 comfy chairs and a table. Although it was raining, we stayed nice and dry. The linens were high quality and the bath was spotless with modern fixtures. We would definitely stay here again. We were about 50 feet from the water.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
dave
"Nice motel on the water."
Very family oriented. It was just my husband and I and we had a nice time. However, the beachfront is very small and some families are very loud. That makes for a somewhat entertaining experience, if not all that relaxing.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Great last minute get a way"
Very clean and friendly staff. close to concerts and beach.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"A lot of fun!"
We had a very nice time during our stay. We met some old friends at the beach bar and had some appetizers. The food and drinks were great as usual. One thing that had changed since our last stay was I didn't see the "drink menu" they had previously which made it very easy to order. The room was clean and check in was quick, easy and gracious.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Susan R.

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Friendly, family run resort"
Helpful staff who upgraded us because they had a coach party arriving and thought we wouldn't want to look out of our window at a coach!
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Maggie
"close to Nascar venue"
Expecting upscale resort was housed in an annex building across the street. Chilly night on the lake entered the room turned on heat. .. set the fire alarm off, no curtains on the window only venetian blinds with a valance and the street light right outside the window..did not eat at the restaurant and it is reported to be fabulous..
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
rosie
"Parking view"
Old, need refresh small parking lot. Clean and well sleep, take a lake view or you feel like in punisment in corner.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
sined
"Poor Service"
Old and very basic hotel. Paid for hotel at time of booking, waited a long time to check in after a long drive, told I had not paid, and was charged $97 so tired I just needed to get to my room. Booked room with balcony was given room no1 view of car park, and next to delivery door for bar.Pleased I had only booked 1night, The Hotel give me a refund when I checked out agreeing I had already paid. But did not appologise for giving us such a horrible room. Will not return here.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
ffion

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Herrlicher Ausblick"
Sehr gute Lage am Strand...., Ausstattung des Hotels war ok, relativ alter Zustand
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Julio
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Naswa Resort

"Best Place on the Waterfront!"
01/17/16 PeaceChick Medford, MA
LOVE the Naswa - have been going there for over 35 years and had our honeymoon there. Markis family that runs the Naswa is amazing and super friendly. Love the NazBar and all off the weekend summer events. Bistro has great food. Lots of accomadations to suit everyone.
"we will definitely come back!!"
10/14/15 Sandy F Hampton, New Hampshire
We had a delightful anniversary stay at the Naswa resort. Our room on the beach was clean and had everything we needed. The view was spectacular and we ate breakfast in the dining room and it was very good. It is convenient to all the tourist destinations and we felt very safe and comfortable there. We would highly recommend staying there!!
"Great place to relax"
10/14/15 mthomas03 Boston, Massachusetts
Stayed at the end of the season. Rooms were clean & neat, view was to die for. The best part of the stay was the people. Everyone was pleasant, friendly and smiling. Can't wait to go back in the summer!
"A little dated but very nice."
10/13/15 Theresa C Bangor
Came for a weekend with a friend. Our room on the beach was smallish, but comfortable. The restaurant was very high quality with perfectly prepared seafood. Loved the wide selection of outstanding desserts. The service was gracious and attentive. We will return.
"Comfortable"
10/09/15 188caroln Norton
Inpressed with how clean this place was. An older resort, but kept up nicely. Beds were beautifully made with crisply Ironed sheets, not permanent press sheets!! Very comfortable. Will plan to stay in the summer to see what it is like the
"Beauty in New Hampshire"
10/08/15 richard l Monterey, California
This is a lovely resort right on the lake. The staff is helpful and pleasant. The restaurant is wonderful and there is a 15% coupon if you are staying at the resort. Our unit was comfortable with a full kitchen.
"Fun times at the Naswa"
10/07/15 mkyd1202 Epping, New Hampshire
I've been to the Naswa on four different occasions and will continue to visit. Fun, relaxing, clean. Good food, good drinks, great music, clean rooms. Love the cabin's the best! If someone hasn't been, believe me, it's time to try it out :)
10/07/15 robc68fb Norway, Maine
We only stayed one night after a local Nascar race, so we did not get to enjoy too much of the amenities. The room was very comfortable, clean & quiet. The only thing I can complain about is there were a couple of house flies buzzing around the room when we arrived, but early fall in New England is a common time to see that type of thing. We took care of that problem ourselves.
"Sept Nascar Race"
10/05/15 NascarChic14 Tampa, Florida
I have stayed at the Naswa numerous times for the Nascar race and even branched out to another venue one of my Nascar Race stays. I returned to the Naswa in September and plan to continue to stay there each time I come up for a race. The management listens to her guests and have made changes and updates as time allows. My room was updated and more modern and I could see the improvements. The mattress was comfy!!! Thank you! The bathrooms are a bit smaller and have limited space. Re-designing bathrooms is not an easy fix! One has to be cognizance of the fact that you are staying at a Resort that has been in the area for 8o years by a wonderful family. Many of the resorts in the area are older and not the 'normal commercialized' hotel. The food is awesome and you must have dessert made by '90 yr. old Mom!!! The best ever! The only thing I can ask for in my room is a little more light as I get older and can't see as well. I look forward to my next visit to see all of the friendly staff!
"anniversary getaway"
10/01/15 j_shattuck73 n attleboro
My husband and I stayed in the Queens cottage, which is right on the beach Sept 20-22...Going after Labor Day we were able to save money and have the beach all to ourselves!! We arrived on a Sunday, watched the Patriots game at the beach side bar and listened to music all night. We met Cynthia, the granddaughter of the original owner that evening while relaxing at the beach, The next day we received a complimentary beverage brought to us for our anniversary. The room was spotless and inviting, the enclosed porch was the best place to sit and watch the sunset! We did have a problem with the heater the first night, turns out the pilot was out which made for a cold night...upon calling the front desk in the morning the maintenance department was there to relight it and get things warmed up. The front desk staff was always cheerful and helpful, the grounds crew were always busy making sure everything was spotless! We took the complimentary kayaks out for a few hours, thankfully it was off season and we had the entire lake to ourselves. We loved The Naswa and will definitely be returning!!!