All hotels in Milwaukie, Oregon, United States of America
14015 SE Mcloughlin Blvd, Milwaukie, OR, 97267, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"my weekend"
I was there for 3 days. did not have any problems.
Response by Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!
3 night trip Jan 8, 2016
I love the motel great service nice people
5 night romance trip Dec 13, 2015
April
"No Coffee or Wifi"
No coffee pot in room and the wifi is not free. In this day and age and for the cost, this hotel should provide both.
Response by Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. We appreciate all feedback from our guest as it helps us better our services. We will take your feedback and better these areas of concern. Thank You.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Kimberly
"Relaxing and quiet"
Relaxing and quiet
1 night trip Dec 2, 2015
Ed
"Good job"
Very cute, clean mom-and-pop 1-star in SE suburban Portland. Extremely quiet and comfortable. Will happily stay again.
1 night trip Nov 12, 2015
Dennis
"Happy customer"
As soon as we walked in,we were happy & surprised there was an oven and a refrigerator, but no microwave. We had a pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
"OVERPRICED"
Check in attendant was prompt but I did waste time at departure because I misunderstood their instructions about where to drop my room key. The room size and furnishings (microwave, fridge, table) were helpful but the mattress sagged like a boat and the cloth covered chairs were scary because they could not be easily cleaned between guests. In fact, I'm not sure they were ever cleaned. The room was fairly clean but the bathmat was stained and sink was a bit dirty. The biggest surprise was that the "maid service" only included changing the towels & emptying the trash cans. They did NOT make the bed, clean nor replace the stained bathmat. $72 per weekend night was OVERPRICED for this motel. I found it advertised for $65 a couple of days later on a different booking site and advertised for $55 on day I checked out. That would be closer to a fair price.)
Response by Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guest as it helps us better our services. We will take your feedback and better these areas of concern. Once again thank you for your feedback.
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2015
"Expected for price"
The motel room seemed somewhat clean, the linens were a bit worn out, though. There was an obviously old stain on the bottom of the comforter and the sheets had what appeared to be the start of a run. One power outlet would not hold any of the plugs we had-- literally they would droop and fall out because the socket was so loose. The mattress felt old and the springs could be felt as I laid there. One thing that I EXTREMELY disliked was the lack of a "Do Not Disturb" sign. We usually post this, as we do not feel there is a need to waste water by using clean linens each day. There were none of the "bonus" amenities (pool, fitness room, breakfast, etc.) but that's something that was okay for us, visiting to shop and see the area. The neighborhood left us a bit uneasy when we were coming in late at night, but we felt safe inside our room. There is a lot of road noise since this is right on a main street. Couldn't hear people talk in other rooms, but we could hear people outside. The TV is old and had limited channel access, but this is a great place for a cheap place to crash at night. The staff seemed extremely kind. The man who checked us in was pleasant and knowledgeable about the area. He advised us on places to visit during our stay. He had a number of brochures, as well. We only encountered the cleaning staff twice- outside (she seemed kind and pleasant, as well), and when she came by to clean.
4 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"Decent for the price."
This stay was everything a guy like me could hope for.
2 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
nathaniel
"Rude and uncaring"
I informed the clerk upon checking in, that we would probably be staying longer than one night. She replied with "OK". Then informed us the next morning that they booked the room we were staying in. But we could move our kids and belongings into a smoking room and out of the non-smoking room we were already in. Then she was rude and uncaring when I tried to converse with her over this situation.
Response by Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better our services for future guest. We understand your concern and will take the appropriate actions so that this issue does not occur to our future guest.
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
"Milwaukie Inn"
If you are looking to save some cash and don't mind a lot of amenities this is the place. The room was clean and suitable for sleeping. The mattress was hard and the toilet was loud when you flushed but other then that nothing bad. Like I said if you want to save cash and don't mind leaving some other hotel luxuries this place is sufficient. One thing I noticed to was there were cigarette holes in the comforter but if you are like me I don't even sit or sleep on hotel mattress covers. I bring my own blankets.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Worst ever"
Girl on reception was unfriendly. Room smelled with chemicals and cigarettes. The floor in the room was sticky. Old and disgusting bathroom facilities.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Better than expected!"
I recently came here with a friend and we were not sure what to make of the place when we read the reviews. It was our only cheap option though, so we decided to book a room and our expectations were so low that we were pleasantly surprised. Our room had all the basics that we needed and did not appear to be dirty at all. We stayed two nights and felt good about our decision.
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"fishy experience"
The moment we walked into our room, the light switch wouldn't work and it smelled like rotten fish or putrid garbage and we immediately returned to the front desk. Luckily they had one more room available. The second room also had a light switch that didn't work but at least it didn't smell. Still, it was the most uncomfortable motel experience I've had to date, with far too many flies in the room, mildew around the shower and unvacuumed carpet. Stay away.
Response by Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback given to us by our guest. We are truly sorry that you had to encounter such unpleasant circumstances while checking into our property. We will revise these issues with our housekeeping staff and make the needed changes so that future guest do not go through the same ordeal. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope that when you come again to the Portland metro area we can be part of your itinerary and show you our improvements.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
"Run"
This was one of the worst stays ever in my book. The management was not available for us to check in when we got there,the room was semi clean, although there was a microwave and fridge in the room there was no coffee maker or cups suitable for the microwave. We turned on the air conditioner and after a while it turned off. We assumed it had reached it's temperature, but as the night went on the room continued to get hotter and hotter. The air conditioner was now pumping out hot air and we could not shut it off. We had to unplug it and open the window and the door to start to cool off,this at 3:00 in the morning. We called the front desk and the lady said that's weird that's never happened before, their brand new....ha ha ha. brand new from somebody's house but not a new unit to say the least. She suggested for US to reset if like a computer, or she had a smoking room she could move us to @ 3:30 in the morning, we declined seeing as we were already unpacked and in our PJ's and were needing to get up @ 6:00 for a interview there in Milwaukie. If I could take away stars I would put this Hotel into the Black Hole and tell all to Run Forest Run....... I wish I could get some of my money back as this hotel was not worth 100.00 Plus to stay in.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Great for it's price"
It felt safe and clean. There was free parking and we could go into the city by bus, where there was a stop right next to the hotel. Overall good experience.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
curtis
"Don't take your shoes off"
If they can't replace the carpets at least shampooing would help. The sheets, blankets, and bed spreads were stained and worn out. Old tube style TV was very dark picture. AC. worked good, I asked for a cleaner room so the manager upgraded me to a jacuzzi tub That was very nice of them but the carpet was so filthy I just stayed where I was.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Good for the price"
We stayed a week while in town to buy a house. They provided what we needed but didn't provide room cleaning everyday. Carpet was dirty so we had to wear socks or shoes while in the room. We had our 8 month old with us and the motel didn't have a Pacy and Play for use to use like most others do. But nice that it had a fridge and micro. Good enough for the price if your on a budget and not far from downtown portland
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Atalie
Amenities were poor, Shampoo and soap not enough for two.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Albert
"Worst hotel EVER!!!"
The location of the motel, in regards to close to coffee shops, groceries, and things like that are good. The heater did not work in my room. When I got there, it was ice cold. The water was running in the toilet. I was pleasantly surprised that it had a little kitchenette. The bed was hard. I have NEVER checked out of a hotel in the middle of the night, until this place. I found 3 little red spiders in the bed, on the second night. I promptly packed, checked out, and slept in my car that night at a close grocery store. I would rate below a 1, if it would allow me.
Response by Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know how your stay with us was. We take every review very serious as it helps us better our property for future guest. We are sorry to hear that we were unable to provide the best service to you possible, but we thank you for letting us know the issues that need to be taken care of. We once again thank you for your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. Thank You
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Tonya
This motel provided us with everything we expected--a clean, well-appointed room, no hassle checking in or out, and thorough cleaning each day. It's not fancy and is far from downtown Portland but it served us well and we would be happy to stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
"Overall Okay!"
My stay was okay! Pros: Customer service was great at the front desk! The room is very spacious and has a small kitchen! Cons: The room did not smell very good when I walked in so I had to buy Lysol to cover it up. The restroom was also very small. The comforter was very thin so if you get cold easily bring an extra blanket.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
Alexandria M
"it was ok not good and not bad but ok"
It was an okay motel, the air conditioning didn't work very good, the beds made it Har to get to the sink, small parking lot,and the manager double charged us but he did instantly put it back in my account.when we did get there our window was left open.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
jordan
"Fine for price"
Wifi sucked, only 2 pillows on the bed and it was hard. Front desk was friendly though.
2 night trip Apr 29, 2015
"Short vacations"
I'm Chilean, and I was looking for a place to leave my stuffs and go around Portland visiting as much as I could, and in this place it was just perfect to do so because I needed a place to sleep and I had it and it was very comfortable. I had a private kitchen, room, bathroom, so it was just perfect. Moreover, I had a bus that took me from the hotel to Downtown in just 30 minutes or less. You have places to eat next to it; therefore, it was really really good if you look for a place to stay.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Alejandro
"Restful"
Service was very good; the clerk very helpful to us. He did his best to get the internet figured out for us as there was some problem with the password. We appreciated his concern for our needs.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Nice Hotel!"
Hotel was comfortable enough. For me it was an weekend stay we were hardly in the room itself so it suited our needs. Loved the shower heads tho :)
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Very comfy room"
Loved having a kitchen....staff was nice...great shower too.....and close to many businesses. I will be staying there again for sure!
Don
"Don't judge a book by its cover"
Don't judge a book by its cover. Pleasant rooms with extremely comfortable beds. A decent amount of noise from the near by road but over all an enjoyable stay.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
Aaron
"Don't stay here"
Don't know how Milwaukee Inn got average rating of three - doesn't deserve. Heater didn't work tho staff insisted it did. Finally brought in a small noisy heater. While she remained positive exuded weird vibe. Said we had the last room and couldn't change. No WIFI as advertised. Limited TV channels. Would NEVER recommend.
Response by Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can better our business. We are very sorry for the unfortunate mishaps you had to deal with while staying with us. We're glad to hear that our staff tried to help you as best they could during these mishaps you experienced. We will for sure take care of these minor issues in regards to the room so that future guest do not experience the same issue as yourself. We hope that in the future you will consider staying with us, so that we can show you our improvements.
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
"It's just ok"
Avoid the chevron next door unless you like toofless tweakers
1 night trip Feb 18, 2015
Isaias
"No frills, but a great value."
Staff was very friendly and helpful. A basic room, with mini fridge and microwave. No coffee maker and no blow dryer, so bring your own. Quite a few fast food places within walking distance. Price was right, if you don't need frills.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Fine for a night."
the service was prompt and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable. the hotel is older, not run down, but not shiny either. The neighborhood seems a little sketchy.
1 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
"Well Priced"
Close to family I was visiting, access to public transit and well priced.
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Maria
"Weekend getaway"
Not bad at all I thought I got value for my dollar. Is recommend it again
1 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"Decent hotel with easy access to downtown Portland"
We had just a short overnight stay. The facilities were adequate, in good repair, and clean. A good value for the price.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Benefit from the little lnn that could"
All the staff went the extra mile in assistance and help,including a change in reservation dates at no extra charge. For me the location was great, close to I-205 & parks and restaraunts.Free wi-fi, friendly and knowledgable staff. I plan on using it again on my trips for work and for solo getaways and would also recommend it for friends and couples
2 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
Christopher
"ok hotel for the price"
staff was friendly. bathtub would not hold water. for the price it was ok, but i probably wont be staying here again
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
thomas
"Great price for a great room."
The room was overall very nice, didn't have a flat screen but the water pressure was better than many that do. Staff was very friendly. It is a motel and not a hotel but I would stay there again if in the area again.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Dennis
"Mediocre but pleasant . . ."
The location was not the best but the drive into Portland was lovely. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean and acceptable.
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Silver Gypsy
"Eh..."
Spacious room, hugh towels, mini fridge and microwave. Free wi-fi. Friendly staff. Yay. stained bed spreads and no coffee pot or clock radio. Not cool.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Gingy
Clean, tidy, comfortable for the price. Staff friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
I Mmob
"Not recommended"
Changed our stay from 3 nites to 1 - per the recommendation of the police, as that was a HIGH crime rate hotel. Moved to the Holiday Inn Express.
4 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Not as good as it looks in the pictures online. People staying there were a little sketchy.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Lacks basic amenities"
Traffic noise is loud so you want a room in the rear of the property. No hair dryer or ice bucket. Room has a musty smell.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Unfortunate choice - can't recommend"
This hotel is not what I expected... the service was very uneven - not good one night, with nothing but clean towels in the room - no straightened beds or other cleaning. I actually traded the towels because of staining, although they smelled like they had been washed. The last night was much much better, cleaned, beds made and towels too. There was no hair dryer in the room, and I have always found one in hotels so I don't travel with one. No coffeemaker either. The lighting was not good - sockets loose and low wattage, and the window would not lock the first night. It was okay, just not what I would consider even average. I don't mind the age of the hotel, or the outside entrance. But I will make another choice when I come back to Portland.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Modest hotel on busy street"
I opted for this hotel because it was relatively close to where I needed to be the next day and previous guests gave it good reviews. I thought it was a bit overpriced for a budget motel. I've stayed at a number of similar hotels for a lot less. For this price point I would have expected an in room coffee service and free continental breakfast. It was a bit noisy because it is right on a very busy street. That makes it convenient for a lot of folks, so that could be a plus or minus. Parking in front of my room was simple. This is all single story rooms which I prefer...getting older so I don't care for stairs.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Jay
"Great motel!"
Nice place to stay. My second stay, and would highly recommend to others! Staff is very helpful.
Response by Milwaukie Inn Portland South
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our pleasant staff. We look forward to serving your future travel needs next time you are in town.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
G.C.
"can't beat this place"
Very helpful staff, super convenient north to Portland or south to Eugene. Great beds. Quiet. Everything you need right on the highway.
4 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Not too many choices in that area of Milwaukie."
Parking was tight; bathroom was very small; but overall, it was clean and average
Other trip Jun 17, 2014