All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
2-31-6, Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 111-0022, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent Balance of Comfort and Budget"
The Palace Japan Hotel is a home away from home with a courteous, helpful staff and a convenient location. The rooms are small but incredibly tidy and the bathrooms are immaculately clean. The wifi is free and blazing fast which was nice when communicating back home. Only a short walk from the Minamisenju train station, which is serviced by multiple train lines, the Palace Japan is an excellent balance of comfort and budget.
4 night trip Apr 7, 2015
"A little quiet spot in Tokyo"
The hotel staff overall was friendly but one particular young girl working the front desk was extraordinary nice and helpful. After first getting there on the extremely long flight we were tired so being greeted by her was a very pleasing experience. Her English was pretty good and she went through all the hotel info we needed plus giving us directions on the near by stores we could get food and what not in. The hotel room was small but it didn't bother me. I came to see the city not the hotel room. The bathroom is dormitory style but again not a big deal to me. There was also a great view of the city on the roof. Anyone looking for a cozy, friendly, economic hotel close to the heart of the city then I recommend this hotel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Josh
"Wonderful hotel"
I selected Palace Japan Hotel based on the critiques of other travelers who have stayed at this hotel. I gladly give my review since it may benefit others like other reviews have been so good for me. First of all the location is great - right near Minami-senju station. It takes less than 10 minutes to walk from station to hotel. There is a 7-11 and a supermarket both within a 100 meter radius, with the 7-11 open late. As for the hotel itself, my only complaint was the room was very small. There is barely enough room to open a suitcase. Other then that I was very happy with my lodging. There is free internet, coffee and tea. And the wonderful people that run and work at the hotel are very helpful and courteous. I will be returning there soon for another stay, which I am definitely looking forward to. While it's not 5 star luxury, it is worth the thrifty price you pay for a night. I have realized a journey to Tokyo does not have to be expensive, and Palace Japan Hotel is a great place to stay.
3 night trip Jan 27, 2015
Alvin
"Great value"
Clean and reasonably priced hotel with friendly and helpful staff. I stayed here for 4 nights and would recommend it. Location: three blocks from the Minami-senju metro stop; very close to Ueno, a major transportation hub. Very helpful directions on the hotel's website.You'll need to transfer at least once to get to Shinjuku, Shibuya, or Asakusa, but I didn't mind--in fact, I like that the location is a bit out of the way. It was nice to stay in a residential neighborhood after walking around all day in crazy busy touristy areas. But if you're wanting to stay in the thick of things, look elsewhere! There's a 7-11 and a more full-service grocery store on the way, so you can stock up on snacks/fruit/ramen on the way home if you're constantly hungry like I am. The rooms/common areas: rooms are small. There's no getting around it. But they're clean, and I was home at midnight and out by 9am every day, so for just sleeping the size of the room doesn't really make a difference. The kitchen is clean but a bit lacking in supplies (mainly utensils; there are pots/cups/etc). But there's free coffee and tea and multiple vending machines (including one for beer) and I saw other guests making use of the kitchen in the morning and evening, so it gets the job done. The staff: super friendly and helpful. The man who checked me in and gave me a rundown of the hotel rules was very polite, and another woman gave me advice on how to best get to the airport for my ridiculously early flight.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Selina
Great location great staff they are always helping us figure out where to go we extended our stay
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Small room but surprisingly clean and comfortable!"
Front desk was surprisingly thorough regarding explanation of hotel facility details. Only lacking was local general transportation locations (Helped an American family there find Minami-Senju/Hibiya Line station down the street :) Room is very small by Western standards, but sufficient for single and/or backpackers. (I believe there are larger accommodations available for families.) Bed was firm, nice down comforter, Pillow was unique/nice!, AC, TV. Public bathrooms are modern and very, very clean. Seat toilets have wash ability. Several showers with one having compact bath (which I took advantage of!). Public facilities near front desk are spacious, 2 contemporary apple PC's for free internet access. Well organized public kitchen with some free amenities and a beer machine if you want a cold one! Didn't get to use the laundry room but would be surprised if it weren't same caliber. I had a sixth floor room affording me a very nice and pleasant view of the local city from the window/small balcony.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Pedalpusher
"simple, nice, safe, great bargain!"
I stayed on the women-only floor. It was clean and safe. Room was tiny and very no frills, but ac worked well. The front desk staff was English speaking and top rate, quite exceptional. The kitchen and dining space in the lobby gives you a place to eat meals. There's tea and coffee for free. A nice place to stay near train station and temple. Fun to walk around neighborhood.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Darcie
"Great Staff, Pretty Great Overall"
Room was a little on the small side, even by Tokyo standards, but functional. My partner felt like the beds were a little hard, but I think it was comparable to the other beds we slept on in Japan. Showers were nice. Shampoo + Body Wash included, and a towel is provided. There's a reasonably priced coin-op laundry on the first floor, and the staff will sell you a scoop of detergent. Location is pretty good; about a ten minute walk south of the Minamisenju Station (which is just a stop or two from the big and central Ueno station). WiFi worked great; felt quite fast. Not really a big deal, but despite calling itself a hotel this place totally feels like a hostel. Air Conditioning worked well. I also had an excellent experience with the staff. Without going too much in to the backstory, I know only a tiny bit of Japanese, but needed to communicate with the staff of a different hotel about some reservation changes. The (english and japanese speaking) woman at the Palace Japan Hotel was willing to play translator for me, going beyond what I would expect from someone in her position, and thanks entirely to her help, we were able to make the necessary changes. For this reason alone I would recommend the place.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Good economical hotel with good train access"
Clean, efficient hotel with all the basics. It's in a real down-to-earth shitamachi in the midst of an aggressive gentrification. The neighborhood used to have a large execution ground as well as red light district from 18th and 19th century. There used to be a lot more homeless people in the area, but the aging population along with the gentrification is making them less visible for better or worse.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Urban nomad
"Nice little hotel"
This hotel is located in Minamisenju area. This area is quite little place north of Asakusa. At night you can see the lighted up Tokyo Skytree. 5 minutes from the Minamisenju station, which provide JR, Tokyo Metro, and the TX line. So as for transportation goes, its very convenient once you know how to navigate through the complicated railway system. Convenient stores and supermarket is just across the street, small resturants are everywhere. Even the chained stores are located near the Minamisenju station. I booked a single room for 5 nights. The whole floor share a bathroom with three showers, and one stand alone female toilet. Overall the room Is clean, but might need to touch up some paint on the wall. The closet Is not filthy, but its a bit dusty. While the bed remains comfy, one thing I have to point out is that the pillow is not too good. Its filled with plastic bead-like material. A mini fridge is included in the room, so you can store food or drinks. This place has English speaking staff and its very nice for its value.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Tenshi
"Great Checkpoint"
Efficientb is within 10 minutes walking distance of the train station which is a great help when traveling throughout Tokyo it is also not very far from the airport the room we stayed in was very small and Efficient great for stopping showering and catching a break but nothing above average as far as amenities go
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
I will come here again Very cleaning I like it
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
Alice Lin
"Provides Basics in a Superlative Way"
immaculately clean, quiet, comfortable in a no frills way - inspired feeling of being at home away from home
Other trip May 31, 2013
"I hate titles"
The room was as advertised- small and with a separate, shared bathroom. That wasn't a surprise. It was functional and cheap. The walk to the train station was about 5-10 mins, so not too bad. My room did smell a little bit... maybe like a (wet) dog or cat or something.
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
"Amazing bang for your buck!!!"
I wasn't expecting much from Japan or this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by much great Japan was. This hotel is in a GREAT LOCATION, super friendly & helpful staff! Place is immaculate they have though of everything literally just being yourself and your bag!!! I've already recommended it to friends who have booked!
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2013
Nika
"spring break"
We are are florida and made the long trip to japan if your looking for a place to sleep with. Clean rooms and showers this is your place. Everyone here speaks English. .. the only bad things it was 40 mins away from the party city and the pillows were kinda small or had like beans in them... but it was a great value stayed there with 4 males and we had no problem... 7/11 right down the road If you need anything. Free shampoo body wash, tooth brush toothpaste
Trip with friends Mar 10, 2013
palace japan hotel
"good for budget room, location is OK"
room quite small for family, shared bathrooms are quite good and clean but very cold in winter, should have some heater. Location is not close to anywhere but not too far from train station and asakusa area. kitchen is not really clean but fine. Reception was very nice and helpful. Free wifi.
8 night family trip Jan 24, 2013
"First time visiting Japan and great hotel"
Very satisfied! I'm first time visitor! I like this hotel ALL. convenient location, clean and neat room, very great price. Will stay this hotel when I visit Japan/Tokyo second time in near future... SOON!
5 night trip Dec 6, 2012
"Excellent Cheap Option"
two-person bunk bed room was convenient and well-priced. TVs were available for each bed, and there was plenty of closet space (although the room itself is closed quarters). Shared bathroom is VERY CLEAN. individual shower units ensure privacy. Worth it if on a budget, especially in such an expensive country as Japan.
3 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2013
"Great hotel for solo travellers"
only complaint was that the room smelt of stale cigarettes.
Other trip Nov 29, 2012
"Okay for a few nights"
I only stayed there for one night, but it was very clean and the bathroom/showers were literally a step away from my room. It was a tiny room, but at the same time very clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 9, 2012
"Very good for hostel prices!"
For a Hostel price you get amenities like TV and a minibar. It's really well locales and maybe you share bathroom and restroom but is not that big a deal.
Other trip Sep 15, 2012
Cesar
"Close to Metro stop, Sensoji Temple and Sky Tree"
It is a nice, clean little hotel. Provides eating and cooking facilities. Also two computers in the dining area. The rooms are small, but we did not spend much time in them except to sleep and recharge for the next day. Quiet and comfortable. The ladies at the front desk, Ko and Keiko, were very helpful with everything. We would definitely stay here again. Air conditioning was very good, with new units just installed. Inexpensive places to dine and grocery shop nearby.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012

"Best location ever! just 10 steps from subway"
Awesome, they(the staff) speak english skilfully! They re very kind. :) And the best thing is its location! Just 10 steps from subway. i can get in easily even in a raining day!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Jetpawit
"Good alternative to get a room under $40CAD"
If you wanted to have a private room that cost you under $40CAD, this may be a nice alternative. I think everything of this hotel is fair. Considered Tokyo is one of the most expensive city in the world, with this price, usually you could only get a shared room but with this hotel, you could have a private room. However, the room is extremely small, not recommended for travelled with big luggage because you are hardly able to switch or close the door. It takes about 15 or more walking from the Minamisenju metro station. which means that you will need to paid extra fare if you have JR Pass. The common space is nice and fair. However, the share bathroom and toilet area are being very cold at night time.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Carol Li
"Would stay here again."
Like staying at someone's house. Rooms do not have their own bathroom so you have to share. Rooms are a bit small but better than a capsule. There is a full kitchen. I invited my friends and we cooked dinner instead of restaurants. Close enough to subway entrances and has a grocery store right across the street. Closest subway station is Minami-Senju on the Hibiya and JR lines. I will stay here again if I go to Tokyo. The neighborhood is interesting. I found a street market type place with many shops, restaurants, street food type eats, etc. How people in Japan really live I think. As you head back to the hotel after leaving the subway station instead of going straight turn right and then left and meander the side streets to find it. Hope I can find it again. It's okay if you get lost, that is how you learn new places. Negatives: Bathroom kind of cold for shaving. I wound up shaving in the shower for warmth but wasted water. Some robe hooks needed in the shower stalls. And robes too. I had to put my pants on in a hurry to go to the bathroom at night. Remember to carry a towel in case you are happy to see me.
4 night trip Feb 16, 2015
That was great .i will book again next time.near to metro & JR lines.all nice facilities.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Gehan
""HOTEL""
We were lucky to get an early check-in the day we came which was great. This place is spotless. Although the room is quite small there's cupboard space for each person. The bunk beds are quite tall so you shouldn't bump your head. Each room has a mini fridge under the desk. The window opens out onto the balcony. Each level has three showers, one of them a bathtub shower. Level 8 has a female only bathroom which was great and the water seemed to be warmer here than the rest of the building. The ladies at the reception speak english and were very helpful with directions or any recommendations. The kitchen is okay, it is quite small but it has a stovetop, microwave, toaster and hot water tanks, also kitchenware. It can only fit maximum 2-3 people in there at once which can be a little frustrating but everyone is usually in and out of there pretty quick. The dryer isn't very good with larger than half loads and the receptionist told us at check in and warned us to beware not to waste too much money on it. This was very considerate because she didn't have to tell us. Overall, we had a good time given that we only stayed there 4 nights.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Pahree
"close metro and train station"
Easy excess to Metro and bus
3 night trip Dec 13, 2014
Ali
"A hotel that make me feel at home"
1. Railway: about 5 walks to nearest station. 2. Cleanliness: super clean everywhere from front desk to kitchen to room, toilets and so forth. 3. Best thing is that we feel very homely.
2 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
Isaac
"Very good value for money hotel in Tokyo"
Very good value for money hotel in Tokyo
2 night trip Nov 29, 2014
Catalin George
"A pleasant stay at Palace Japan Hotel"
The room and toilet are clean. Staffs are helpful. Convenience shops are near the hotel except the subway is 10 mins walk from the hotel.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Terry
"You pay what you get"
Pro: - very polite counter staff - toilet, shower area, and dressing/sink area is very clean with high technology - good hot shower with soap, shampoo and conditional in the showering area. - dressing area (shared female and male) have shared hair dryer, hair straighten and pumped soap provided. - good air-con (for cold and hot) in the room - vending machine at level 1, at the smoking area. - water dispenser provided: free water - washing machine and dryer provided. - strong wifi in room - shared computer (2 sets) provided at level 1 - towel, face towel and toothbrush provided. - small fridge and TV in the room. - there were hangers to hang clothes and a locker to store belongs in the room. Con: - old kind of spring bed so not as comfortable but I managed to sleep well. - not sure if this is a con: the pillow is a tradition kind with hard beads inside. I did not use as I have my own pillow. - dont expect the bed sheet to be white - there is a old woody smell in the locker but it does not goes into the room. Therefore, I do not hang clothes in the cupboard. - the size of the room barely allows me to open my luggage The main shopping area takes about 30 minutes train ride and need 2 transfer of train (to shinjuku station).
2 night trip Oct 30, 2014
"good"
Very convienient place to move around tokyo
3 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
PARANDJODY
"Comfortable but overpaid to Hotels.com"
Staff was very friendly, on phone and in person. Woman at the desk spoke excellent English. She explained everything very clearly and thoroughly. Room small but very clean and quiet. It would have been helpful if your website had their direct Tokyo number, rather than just the Singapore number. That way I could have avoided being charged for 2 persons, when I had made it clear it was just me.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
traveller
"Air conditioned rooms with refurbished bathrooms"
This was better than I expected - this hotel had friendly staff that spoke quite good English, with nice bathrooms (shared for the room I was in)m easy access to towels and laundry facilities.
"comfort for buget traveller"
the hotel located in minami-senju,not far from UENO ,we can stayed and comfort to find something to do in tokyo.the fee was reaonable for budet traveller.
4 night trip May 29, 2014
gumpanat
"If ure looking for great service this is your bet"
The only nice thing about this is the staff service + clean common bathrooms. The room was the most important one and it had a very weird smell. Asked the staff to transfer me but it was still the same.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Good budget hotel"
This hotel is all in all good for the price. The hotel is fairly close to the subway station. There is a Denny's nearby for breakfest.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Adam
"Value for money"
The hotel is definitely clean n cozy surrounded with a number of convenient stores. The receptionists are able to communicate with fluent English and Chinese which offer great help to foreign guests. I would definitely recommend my friends to stay in the hotel.
4 night family trip Mar 27, 2014
Boon Yong Lee
Good value for the price, six minutes' walk from the subway and JR station, quiet and comfortable stay.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
SG
"Would absolutely stay again."
This was a really nice place to stay. We had come from staying in hostels in Hong Kong & Singapore and this was better than both, while similar price. We stayed in a family room (2 sets of bunks) for 3 nights and 2 double rooms for one night. After 2 nights, we left and went to Kyoto, and the hostel was happy to old our luggage for us for the night (we didn't want to take it all with us). We then returned there for another 2 nights. On the last day, we checked out, but our flight wasn't until late, so the hostel again was happy to hold our luggage. Its only a 10 minute walk (max) to the train station (Tokyo metro and JR Minami Senju). We walked it at 10.30pm at night with all our luggage, and it wasn't far and we felt perfectly safe. Follow the instructions given on the hostel website, they are accurate & easy to follow. Once you are on the main road, just keep going straight, you cross about 3 intersections. There is a 7-Eleven on the right hand side, the hostel is on the left after about 100 metres. All bathrooms and toilets are clean. We never had any concerns in our 2 teenage children going to the toilet or showers at any time of the night. The ladies on the front desk are extremely helpful, and happy to answer any questions. Your room key is also the key to the back door, so you can come and go as you please. Reception closes at 11pm, but I emailed them to let them know our flight didn't arrive until late, so they stayed open for us. Will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2014
JATT
"Will definitely stay here again."
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
JATT
"Cheap but Awesome"
one of the cheapest options, yet comfortable. friendly staffs. down side is location and lobby is not opened 24h. reception closes at 1130pm. late arrival flights will have problem reaching the hotel in time.
7 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2014
Ko One
"far from station"
Abit far from the station, room is too tiny & if you have big luggage, you won't have space to walk in the room.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
yeng
SG
"Awesome place to stay for everyone!"
This hotel is about a 7 minute walk from Minami-senju station after exiting from the south exit. The path en-route is rough so be sure your luggage wheels are oiled! Bright red bikes for rent, 3 vending machines and wooden tables and chairs mark where the entrance is just ahead. Upon entering, you're greeted and promptly asked if you'll be staying today. The receptionist explains their services available and I must recommend checking out the view of Tokyo Skytree from the 7th floor at night. The single rooms are just the right size but you might find a bit of a squeeze in the bunk bed rooms. The hotel is equipped with 4 washing machines (200 yen) and dryers (100 yen) if you wish to do laundry. Bring hangers if you do! The kitchen area is shared by everyone, appropriately supplied with condiments, coffee, tea, utensils etc. 2 Macs are available for use free of charge! 7-11 and Lawsons are nearby if you feel hungry at night. Make sure to get there before 0000hrs or you'll find yourself standing outside a locked front door with no way to check-in. The key you get upon check in allows access to the back door after 0000hrs. Every floor has a common toilet and 3 shower rooms (with doors of course) and one for females if you aren't comfortable with using the common. Wi-Fi is available throughout the building F.O.C.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
Takeru
SG
"Cheap hostel, one of few in Tokyo"
The hotel is made as a hostel. The rooms are tiny but the price is cheap so no complaints. Pillows were a little strange with some sort of stones in them so had to use a towel and jumper over it. Lady at the front desk speaks perfect english which was helpful. There are a few convenience stores around and a supermarket and you can easily get to wherever you need to in Tokyo. Free wifi in rooms.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Reception is quite helpful, good service mind.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2013
Sathinee
"Enjoyed our stay"
There were 4 of us that shared a room. The room was small, but it was what we expected based on the hotel description. The hotel is located near a train station which is on the Hiya and JR lines. There is a 711 and 2 Lawsons that are very close. There are several good places that are open late-night that are near the hotel. There are 100 yen vending machines located inside the hotel. The owner and attendant were both very friendly and helpful. They tried to give us a bunch of food when we left but we were headed to the airport and had to decline.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2013
HappyTourist
"Good place to stop to visit Tokyo"
From the time we checked in til the time we checked out with kitty the staff were all courteous and helpful. We were located on the 5th floor directly across from the bathroom facility's which worried me at first but it was quiet. The bathroom was spotless as were the showers which provided shampoo, rinse and shower wash. The room was very small and consisted of a set of bunk-beds, small glass table with a MINI fridge under it. Manageable (just) for 2. We didn't spend a lot of time in there so it wasn't a big deal. The price was right and we stayed in under budget for Tokyo.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013