All hotels in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here463 E Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN, 37738, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good location, but dated."
Apparently this hotel is having a much needed upgrade. The location is off the main thoroughfare in Gatlinburg and rooms back onto a stream...so that is lovely. Rooms have a make your own fire in a stone fireplace...so again very Smoky Mountain. Front desk staff very helpful and the maintenance people excellent. The daily housekeeping could be improved.....change of towels and coffee replenished only...no hoovering or making up of the beds and no change of sheets even though we were there 4 nights. When upgraded this could be really a good place to stay.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Becky
"Decent but outdated"
Good location - great view from the room. Although clean the room needs an update, fixtures and appliances look like out of the late 1970s. There were people working on upgrading items on the building itself and it was my understanding the same was being done on rooms. If they continue to upgrade this will be a great place. Although dated, I would stay here again.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Convenient location"
Hotel room was large enjoyed sound and view of creek out back door
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
j n r
we ended up in the old buildings no originally part of the resort....disappointed, but turned out just fine. the room was dated, but very clean....and the big surprise...when we saw our balcony, we were on the first floor....and there was a beautiful rushing brook right there!!! we kept our rooms back door open whenever we were in the room. too pretty to even miss a minute of it! The place was quiet, and we had room service every day, plenty of clean towels!! We spent most of our time in town, the Smokies park, it was nice to come back to the clean room, and have a wine on the balcony and relax. The breakfast was ok too, the staff friendly and helpful. All in all , pretty good for the price. Im sure the new section was pricey in comparison. same brook and breakfast..:) If you are happy with clean and comfortable, and not expecting the ritz at the cheap price...you will be just fine.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Jonnie
The only problem we had with our room was the heater did not work and we had to keep taking the lid off the toilet to fix it. The staff was great, and loved listening to the sound of the creek right outside of our room. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Our room was not very clean. The Tv was an old picture tube, the fridge was old also. We thought we were getting a room with a fireplace and nicer things in there.
2 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Mark Thomas
"Worst choice ever"
Pathetic room condition. It was extremely dirty and was smelling weird. It was a dated room .. With old mattress, comforters and rugs. Honestly, we were worried of bed bugs and what not ... I will never book this hotel again!!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Solid Stay"
Stayed here before hiking Mt. Leconte. The hotel is definitely aged, but the room is spacious and comfortable especially for what you are paying for it. We loved that the room overlooked the creek, so we could open our windows at night and hear it. Breakfast was also good with an array of options. If you want luxury, this is probably not the right choice for you. But if you are not planning on spending a ton of time in the room and are looking for an affordable but decent place to stay for a night or two, then I would highly recommend this place. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Ashley
"smoky rooms"
great location, great to have balcony over creek and a kitchenette. However, two of us got the hardboiled eggs at breakfast and they were actually rotten. Also all of our rooms smelled badly of either cigarette smoke or a perfumy chemical that was meant to cover up the smoke smell.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"close and convinient"
very cozy nice place stay recommend this to my family and friends!
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Bruce Ferguson
"good family hotel inside pretty dated"
seemed a little disinterested in the whole process
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
lands
"Miles from airport wrong"
This hotel states that it is 27 miles from the airport and the reality is that Gatlingburg is over 60 miles from the airport. You should be true to the information that is stated here, I made my reservation based on the distance and it was the double distance. The first room that I was given smelled like cat pee and it was not the one that I booked. I requested a change and the gave me the one I originally booked stating it was an upgrade.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Maria
"Older Hotel Near Creek and Downtown"
I booked the hotel and then read the reviews...uhoh...don't like to go by reviews because usually only problem people take the time to write them from my experience. Every negative comment I read was true when I got there. Loved the older style but funky smell in the room...Fabreeze the Carpet Please!!! Clogged tub - true....wet bar sink not working....
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Fantastic Resort, Very nice and helpful staff."
We had a fantastic time staying at Brookside. Rooms were very nice and spacious at a great price. Staff was extremely helpful (e.g. when we left the lights on in our car overnight, they had us jumped off in 5 minutes). Overall, a fantastic place.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
Samuel Elrod
"Quite and relaxing"
This is an older hotel but they have updated it!! New carpet, new TV, fresh paint etc. Has a great pool area with hot tub and separate children's area, water slide and fountains. In the room they had a beautiful fireplace, which we didn't use because it was 90 degrees outside. They also have jetted bathtubs, but the best part is the sound of the creek which was right outside our window. Planning on coming back!!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Sunshine1958
"A place of memories for 20+ years"
A great family destination always clean, has always been able to accommodate life changes from single, planning an entire group for Cincinnati Ski Club, staying as a couple in spa like room, to family with grandparents along with adjoining rooms, to traveling with my dog. Always friendly, wide variety of room accommodations and prices affordable in off season times
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"overall good experience"
The hotel room was a little run down. We were in a pet friendly room though so that might have had something to do with it. It did have a private balcony overlooking a little stream and that was nice. I believe the property has been slowly renovating rooms and I just feel we got an older room that hadn't been updated yet. Service was good. They brought extra sheets and blankets for us and breakfast was great. The property has nice walking paths behind it. Pretty stream. They also had a nice outdoor pool, playground and basketball court. Overall, the property was older, and our pet friendly room could have been a bit better kept but we enjoyed our stay and would consider bringing kids with us next time instead of dog and trying out another room.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2014
cassie
"Ok"
The only perk to this hotel was the location- it was close to the walking area of Gatlinburg. Otherwise, don't spend your money here. There are hotels just as close that are cleaner and better. The room was dusty, not well cleaned and very dated. The wifi was iffy. There were very few people at this hotel and we were stuck in a back corner room that was obviously a "online deal" room. The description of the hotel makes one believe they'll be staying in a resort with mountain views, perks, clean rooms, mountains majesty. The view is of a parking lot and trees in the back. Nothing to be wowed about.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Room on the water."
The room was well worn.The sliding glass doors to the closet were off the tracks .The door to the balcony was stuck and took two hands to open and was very difficult to close without creating a lot of noise ( slamming ) . The carpet should have been replaced years ago. The furniture ,chairs & dressers were not in good condition.The front desk would never answer the phone.Never. The room was reasonably clean .The bed was very comfortable.The balcony over the river was fantastic.The grounds and pool were very well maintained . We really enjoyed the whirlpool and steam bath .The Breakfast Buffet was limited but very good . The main reason for choosing this Hotel was that it was pet friendly. Good location for going into town.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Greg
Excellent hotel, with excellent location, service, and price
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Charles Chadwick
staff was great with helping to get around the area and information about the many Great attractions.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
"Great balcony creek view"
Slightly outdated but overall very nice accommmodations. Enjoyed coffee on Balcony in the morning. Room nice size, quiet and clean, bed comfortable. Only complaint breakfast very simple with little selections. For price great bargain, good location.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Fair"
Old but nice
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
"Horrible Smell but decent room"
I was a Lil apprehensive with this but it turned out to be fine minus the smell
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2014
lenea
It was a nice hotel but the elevator needed to be replaced or worked on. The rooms needed cleaning better.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2014
"Charming hotel- convenient and humble"
This hotel was just absolutely charming and authentic. Since our first hotel did not have a 3rd night opening, we went with Brookside because of its location on the map (which it was conveniently placed in walking distance of everything for downtown Gatlinburg), and there was something about the giant cement bear at the front of the hotel entrance. I'm so glad I went here. I will be going here first next time. The service was polite in person, the young woman there told us our room wasn't ready ( we arrived really early that morning) and mentioned a waterfall to hike to in the mountains.. best idea ever! Their decor is authentic styled lodging, but from the 70's. Some would think that is a drag, but they keep up their maintenance which makes it a great experience. Nothing was broken, the river view was beautiful. Some people go for the modern style, but I loved this country woods look. You're in Gatlinburg, why go modern? I will definitely go to this hotel next time for every night during our stay!
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2014
Taylor R
"Great deal"
Super friendly staff helped me in the middle of the night. Clean room. Great bed. Soft towels. Beautiful view from balcony. Decent breakfast included. Will def stay again.
"A good value."
Large clean room, great view of brook. Nice pool. Good breakfast.
dan
Bed too hard. Paint peeling in bathroom. Shower small. Bathtub curtain rod broken. Nice view. Room very spacious.
K
"Without charm in a charming town!"
Read mixed reviews prior to booking a room. Arriving at the hotel, I walked into the office only to see the desk associate lounging in a chair with her feet up and almost stunned to see a guest. I requested a room with a view to the river and she politely said that all of their rooms had views of the river. My room was located in the phase adjacent the office. I opened the door and the room wreaked ...reminiscent of a guys locker room! I opened the back door and was pleasantly surprised to see streaming water and a beautiful bridge. The bedding is so old and worn thin that it really was beyond belief. The room and the bathroom are disgusting. Dated is one thing, dirty is another. The bathroom window is mold filled and the back of the bathroom door was nasty to the point of using every towel to handle the knobs. Incidentally, there is a sign on the bathroom wall requesting guests to use their towel more than once to conserve water. I found that quite amusing since I was the only occupant in the room and had to use every towel for sanitary purpose. I read in one of the reviews that the hotel was in the process of remodeling, however, I surely didn't see any. If the rooms in the tower had been remodeled, I wondered why they wouldn't opt to issue those instead of units in such distress, especially since the hotel was clearly empty. Gatlinburg is making great changes...so should the hotel before it is lost.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Chere
"Nice Hotel with a view of the creek"
Great Hotel friendly staff. Clean rooms. We even saw a Bear run by the lobby while we checked in. Will be back again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Location was good but room was not the best."
Older rooms need to be updated. Good location and nice creek located behind the hotel.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Needs some work"
The suite we stayed in was pretty clean but in need of updating. The grounds were nice and had a fun pool area. Would stay there again as long as I got a clean room.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Asylum
the stream
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Brookside hotel"
Very cheap price. I would stay agin if I was bringing my dog. Very cute & comfortable except our room smelled like it had been smoked in heavily for several years.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Kate
"Needs renovations"
The room had a strange smell as if something had soured in it. The toilet seat was broken and hanging off of the side. Light bulbs were burned out in several locations with only one out of four working in the bathroom over the sink.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Bud
"Don't stay here!!!'"
Very much in need of remodeling . Dirty, dirty, dirty!!!!!! You should remove this motel from your list of hotels in Gatlinburg!!!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
I really enjoyed my stay at Brookside. The elevator needs some work but everything else was great. I would stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Overbooked"
Our room type was overbooked so they called us to see if we were ok with adjoining rooms, extra room on them. We thought this was a great idea till we arrived to the hotel after 9pm and found the rooms not to be adjoining but next door to each other. I have 3 small children so this was not an option. Because of this it was well after 11pm before we found a hotel that had a room for us in the area.
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
My_baby99
"Not a 2.5 Star Hotel"
The first room we were given was in a building not connected to the rest of the hotel. We had to drive back onto the road to get to it. It was obvious that we were being sent to an old run down motel that the Brookside had annexed when it went out of business. It is obviously not depicted in any of the pictures. As we hauled our luggage up to the second floor (no elevator), we were barked at by dogs from almost every room we passed. When we went into our room, the 'pet' smell was unbearable. There was also a pizza box in the room. I tried the phone to tell the office that I would not stay in this room, but it didn't work. We hauled the luggage back down the stairs and went to the office. After the complaints they gave us a room in the real hotel on their property. The place they first sent us to was the pet building. We did not have a pet, and I believe we were only sent there because we got a deal on Expedia. The second room we were given was nice back in 1965. It had a fireplace and other amenities, but hasn't been updated in at least 30 years. The lampshades and everything was dingy from age and old cigarette smoke. It was a non-smoking room. Towels had other people's hair all over them. We had the same issues with the elevator in this building as others have reported in their reviews. I rarely write negative reviews on the internet, but this hotel is not accurately represented on Expedia, and we need to protect the integrity of the system.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Adam
"Not all it was advertised to be."
Expedia ad said it had elevators. Only 2 of the buildings had elevators. There weren't any elevators in the building our room was in. It had an exceedingly steep ramp outside to access the 2nd floor. As I am in my 70's and my husband is in his 80's, it was a struggle to get our luggage up that ramp. The refrigerator door in the room would not stay closed without something up against it. We reported it the 2nd day, but no one ever came to repair it. When we called the office, they did not know where the ice or vending machines were. We never obtained ice the whole 5 days we were there.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Delana
"Need updating"
We had a good visit to the city, but the hotel really needs some work. The room smelled of chimney smoke and when walking on the carpet our feet were black. It says on the website where they were updating the hotel, but our room still had dark wood paneling, dark carpet, and the area in our room where the mini fridge was left much to be desired. All in all, it was dark. The paneling needed a major dusting as well. We stayed on the fourth floor. And although the view was beautiful from the balcony, my toddler could fit through the bars!! If you have smaller kids definitely ask for a lower level. (Thankful I had a close eye on him). The grounds were lovely and perfect for kids playing outside. The pool was a lot of fun and refreshing on a hot day. The pool deck needs some work. There are areas that need to be refinished. Be sure to wear swim shoes or you may have a few cuts on your feet. The location is perfect. The trolley picks up right in front of the property. Or if you choose, it is a short distance into town. I really hope they continue to update this facility. It could really be a spectacular place to stay and vacation, but with so many other choices in the area for the same price, there are other options.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Showing it's age"
I was a little surprised when we arrived. The Internet portrays it prettier than it really is. You can tell it is starting to show its age. If you want to stay closer to town pick another location. I
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Wayne
"Nice place to stay on vacation!"
We really love the private balcony on the backside of the motel over looking the rolling waters of the brook!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"our stay"
The hotel was old and it showed, the folks that greeted us was friendly, the room was clean and that is the important thing to me.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Barney
No ice machine in building. Stain in ceiling. Beautiful creek view from balcony but balcony was dirty and spider webs everywhere. Only had maid service 2 times in 4 days and had to stop her those times. Maid could not speak English. Shower did not maintain constant temperature.
4 night trip May 23, 2014
"Good location, pleasant view from the balcony."
Enjoyed our stay very much, loved the high ceilings and spacious room. Felt more like a cabin than a hotel and we were very happy with the layout of the room and the jacuzzi, jacuzzi could have been a little bigger. We intend to come back later this summer.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Debby
"first vacation in years"
My husband works a lot of hours and rarely takes time off and we both deserved some time. This was the most peaceful relaxing stay I have ever had. He was able to relax, even turn off his phone, and we enjoyed ourselves so much. The resort was beautiful and peaceful and we loved it. There was also plenty to do within walking distance or driving to Pigeon Forge, either one. Great location. Thank You!
Other trip May 28, 2014
Loretta
"A most comfortably romantic spot"
Located right off the main Gatlinburg strip so it was close enough to walk to the arts and crafts district, but also directly on the trolley route. It was nice and quiet with a great view. The room was spacious and cozy at the same time. It had a fireplace with wood and paper to burn, a nice island kitchen including a stove, and the bathroom was large. The shower/jacuzzi tub were perfect after all the hiking and shopping. The private balcony overlooking the brook was wonderful with 2 chairs and a table, except our light didn't work. There was also a beautiful 3-way mirror on the desk in the living room across from the comfy king size bed. The closet right next to the bed was large too with a security safe, and suitcase stand. There were mirrored doors on the closet which were right next to the bed which added some spice to the romance if you know what I mean. Overall it was a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend it to others!
5 night romance trip May 19, 2014
TikiCat84
"Nice hotel near downtown"
Had a great time. Will stay here again.
Other trip May 25, 2014