All hotels in Mooncoin Village, Ireland
Polerone, Mooncoin Village, Kilkenny, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Value for the Money."
For a B&B, it was an amazing stay. Our only complaint was the condition of the bed. It was a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise, everything was excellent. The proprietor was exceptional.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Sean
"Bed but breakfast optional"
This is a very large house and if you must share a bathroom you may have to wait for it, so think again about this option. Also note that although it is called Bed and breakfast the breakfast is charged separately... the first time I had this happen ever. In the long run train strike and I didn't take breakfast because we left early, so cannot recommend it. The room was ok for my daughter and I, felt like some room at home with odds and ends.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
evening visitor
"Good B & B"
Every one was very helpful. Good location.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Debra
"Nice B&B outside of Waterford"
Nice place with clean rooms and large bathrooms, good wifi, very friendly and attentive owners. Major drawback - food not within walking distance, a couple of pubs sorta nearby. Easy to find on main road, but quiet at night.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Wonderful...and Charlie and Caroline where so welcoming too.
2 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2014
Sheila
"Friendliest B & B"
This was our first B & B on our trip to Ireland and turned out to be our best experience. Caroline was a sweet and welcoming hostess and she made a wonderful breakfast. The house was nice and comfortable.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Beth
"Beautiful B&B"
The owners were great and the accommodations were lovely. We enjoyed the breakfast served. Would stay there again.
1 night family trip May 14, 2014
CG46
"Wonderful Hostess"
Caroline could not have done another thing to make us happy. Aisling was the very best B & B we have encountered on our Irish holiday.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2013
Jack
"nice B & B about 30 minute drive from Kilkenny"
I arrived late, but the host re-openned the kitchen/dining room and prepared a wonderful salmon dinner for me.
Other trip May 31, 2013

Friendly and warm, lovely food and most comfortable room
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
rob
"Nice place but the owner has a terrible attitude."
The owner has a shockingly bad attitude. I was a last minute booking and arrived at the b&b at 11. Couldn't help this as I work late, but that wasn't good enough for him! "Why are you so late?" was the first question. I was late because it's none of your business, that's why I was late. He made a huge deal out of the payment as well. I booked a double room and he gave out again saying I should have booked a single because I has on my own. He said I would not be getting breakfast as well because I was so late. (?) But then when I got up at 8 the next morning the first thing he said was "Ah we could have given you breakfast if I knew you were up this early" (!) I had told him what time I was leaving! Overall a nice place, but that man will drive you insane with probing questions that are backed up with a terrible manor. Avoid!
1 night trip Jun 19, 2015
"Home amongst friends."
Caroline was a superbe host and took care of us like family. The facilities are sufficient. Food and presentation phenomenal. Like being at home away from home!
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Martin
"The comforts of home and a beautiful view as well."
A lovely environment, nothing is too much trouble and whatever you require is on the table for breakfast. Plus a delightful hostess. Heaven!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
David & Robyn
"Ireland"
A nice spot with a very friendly lady who was very accommodating in every sense. I simply felt that given the location and the guest house accommodations it was slightly overpriced. Breakfast was okay but could have been much better ( ie fresh fruit, etc.) for the cost and the comparision to the others we stayed at on this trip.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Great welcome!"
Well looked after and breakfast delicious.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Beds aren't great"
Booked for a certain price on hotels .com but wasn't made aware that that price excluded the breakfast and the fee so actual cost was 25% more than advertised disappointed with that.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
Bod
"Comfort away from home"
Stay was comfortable and the owners were really nice - however the B&B is somewhat away from main tourist attractions so a car is needed in order to travel to other places of interest
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
RAF
"Very comfortable"
Very comfortable - Ideal stop-over before continuing our journey to Mallow.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Easy access to many areas of interest"
Mr & Mrs Brophy are excellent managers of their hotel b@b, friendly and helpful at all times
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Beryl
"Location location location"
I will preface this review with a note that I am not one to typically rate places low as some people do. But I also like reading the reviews as a useful tool when selecting a facility and want to be clear with my review for others. This is located right on the side of a highway, when trying to sleep with a window open it's very loud. This is necessary as there is no air conditioning. There is also nothing around it at all. The beds were all easy to feel the springs as well, not very comfortable. Every time youbrolled over another spring was poking at you. The owners were very nice and helpful, but when you're paying for a sleeping facility I'd suggest looking elsewhere unfortunately. This was actually our most expensive stay of our trip with the worst results.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Cy
"Great service, friendly and helpful hosts"
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Hosts were helpful and nice. Breakfast was very good. Only negative was that bed was a little lumpy. Would recommend. Great value for money.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Caroline
"Nice B&B in pleasant surroundings."
This was a nice B&B. I was impressed with Charlie & his wife's hospitality.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Dean
"What more could you ask for?"
Besides being a very clean and comfortable bed and breakfast, there is a kitchenette with full coffee, tea, and fresh milk at your disposal. Excellent breakfast. Friendly hostess. Would definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
septicgeo
"EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR STAY"
ROOM WAS EXCELLENT, BREAKFAST WAS DELICIOUS, LOCATION WAS VERY GOOD TO CARRY ON WITH OUR JOURNEY AND THE OWNERS WERE FANTASTIC. NOTHING WAS TOO MUCH TROUBLE. WE WERE MADE WELCOME AS SOON AS WE STEPPED INTO THE HALLWAY. 10 / 10.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
angie
"Ideal base to stay"
Good location and easy to find. Very friendly and relaxed owners. Fantastic breakfast choice ,the hotel is warm and comfortable. Highly recommended.
3 night trip May 2, 2014
Paul Besant
"Quirky"
Slightly odd couple who run this B+B. Great room though, really clean. Facilities were really good, breakfast was a bit small and no Marmite as apparently customers don't want it! Could really do with a better approach to customer service, they tried to be friendly but came across as peculiar.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Separate lounge and tea making facilities and tv which is pleasant to have another room other than bedroom. Hosts were very pleasant and informative and gave lovely Irish welcome. Gardens beautifully cared for. The house was clean, moderately furnished but good value in this price range.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Truly Irish"
I stayed at this B&B because I wanted to avoid large hotels and get the real feel for Irish hospitality. The hosts Charlie and Caroline offer an exceptional facility with large rooms and en-suite furnished to meet all my needs. A large lounge and kitchenette is also provided for guests Their Hospitality and knowledge of the area was very good and nothing I needed was to much. Caroline even washed some of my clothes once she was aware I was in need of a laundrette. Any trip to Ireland would see me based at this B&B while I further explored the area
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Lee
"Top class stuff"
Well, we felt at home as soon as Charlie answered the door. He and Caroline were wonderful hosts and did everything to make our stay enjoyable. They were very friendly and we chatted for ages throughout our 2-night stay.This B&B shoukld be rated higher than a 3 star. It is located about 15 mins away from Waterford which was ideal for us. Thanks Caroline and Charlie. We highly recommend you.
2 night trip Sep 30, 2013
Liz
"3 Day Break"
Myself and my 78 year old mother stayed here September 2013....the hosts were wonderful and welcoming, the food was excellent, the rooms were spacious and clean, the views were spectacula and if we get the chance, we'll definated return to Mooncoin and the Aisling B&B.
3 night trip Sep 17, 2013
The-Tig
"A heart warming experience"
Do yourselves a favour and go and stay with Charlie and his family in Mooncoin Village. What wonderful people, helpful and friendly. The B&B is comfortable and clean, and although aging a little bit it maintains its charm, breakfast is wonderful, location is great, I would strongly recommend it as we will not forget the friendly atmosphere all round. I had a few technical problems, needed a EU adaptor, Charlie helped, my number plate was coming off, Charlie helped, needed directions, Charlie helped. And the lovely ladies, really a case of Charlie's Angels! Reasonably priced in spite of the high demand in the area over the days of our stay (major concert event in Kilkenny), not to forget free wifi, which these days is always a plus. We will be back for sure.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Carlo
"Fantastic service"
Made you feel very welcome in their home
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
"B&B West Cork"
Wonderful location (and view) if a little hard to find in the dark. Very friendly family-run establishment: tea and scones when I arrived. Excellent value .
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
"An amazing place!"
My husband and I stayed here for one night recently. What a fantastic place, clean, warm and very friendly. The owners couldn't do enough for us and even made our tea on arrival! The breakfast was great! We would recommend this place 11/10. If we come back to this part of Ireland we will definetley be back!!!
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Ally

"breakfast"
chambre agréable avec un petit coin cuisine à partager mais breakfast avec des saucisses de mauvaise qualité
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
liliane
"LIterie tres inconfortable"
Proprietaires charmants, malheureusement literie particulierement inconfortable. Draps trop petits.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
E HOUDARD
FR
"Gut ausgestattetes B&B in der Nähe von Waterford"
Das familiengeführte B&B war zunächst etwas schwer zu finden. Für alle nachfolgende Gäste daher der Hinweis: Das Aisling B&B befindet sich in Mooncoin Village direkt an der N24 fast am Ortsausgang Richtung Limerick bzw Cork auf der linken Seite. Die Zimmer sind geräumig und sauber, die Gastgeber sehr nett. Zusätzlich gibt es im ersten Stock eine Lese- und eine Essecke in der für die Gäste auch ein Kühlschrank und eine Mikrowelle zur Verfügung stehen. Das Frühstück ist gut und reichhaltig. Das B&B hat die perfekte Lage für Ausflüge in die Gegend um Waterford, auch Wexford und Killkenny sind nach angemessener Fahrzeit gut zu erreichen.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
DE
"Schön, aber nicht länger als 2 Nächte"
Der Aufenthalt war gut, würde bei dem Preis auch wieder buchen. Alle anderen Hotels in der Umgebung waren zu teuer!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Markus
"nette Unterkunft außerhalb"
Soweit alles gut, aber wie man zu 3 Sternen kommt ist mir unklar. Da gibt es welche die ohne Stern besser und günstiger sind
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
DE
Excellent breakfast et très bon accueil
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Other trip Aug 7, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Aisling House Bed & Breakfast

"Handy for road trips"
07/09/15 Philip S Pakenham, United Kingdom
Just needed an overnight stop on my round Ireland road trip and for £29 (40 Euros) I was given a family room but no en suite or breakfast. In hindsight I think I would have paid the extra 10 euros and got the en-suite and breakfast. The hotel is a good 10 minute drive from Waterford, but it's easy to find; although the car park is small, the welcome was very friendly. There's a kitchenette on the first floor and a lounge with books to relax in. Free Wifi is provided and worked very well, although it did take a few attempts to connect. Even though it was a Friday in mid June, the hotel was very quiet.
"Wonderful place to stay"
06/02/15 124virginia Killarney, Ireland
This Irish BB near Waterford is a wonderful place to stay for a few days. You need a car, though. The owners are very helpful and with a great sense of humour. The first floor has a very nice living room with comfortable sofas, tea and coffee facilities, TV, books and a nice big table for meals.
"Great overnight stay!"
03/18/15 nikki2126 Pictou, Canada
We stopped here for one night on our quick road trip through Ireland. We enjoyed our stay, the staff was pleasant and we enjoyed the full Irish breakfast. Beautiful gardens and surrounding property. I`d definitely recommend this spot to others!
"FANTASTIC B&B"
09/06/14 LORRIE31 NEWTOWNARDS
This is our third time in this lovely B&B no fault at all with anything owners lovely, décor excellent especially the seats in the TV lounge . Was very annoyed with a previous reviewer who described the furniture as garage sale items which is not the case and a bit of an insult to the owners and also it is not on a highway or as we would say in Ireland a motorway but it is not even that it is a normal minor road which has some heavy traffic but is a lot quieter at night. Due to our business we stay in a lot of B&B'S in Ireland and this is one of the better ones
"Nice B&B"
08/23/14 Keith R London, United Kingdom
Very nice B&B in a nice country setting. Very nice friendly owners. Good central location in the south east of Ireland. Very reasonably priced rooms. I would recommend this place to family and friends and would stay there again when in the area.
"Location, location, location (not)"
08/05/14 chuck y White Rock, Canada
I do not typically write lower reviews but value the usage of reading other reviews when selecting places to stay and so I had to write about the Aisling. The location is far away from anything, even getting dinner was a chore for us. But the worse part of the location is that it is on a highway which makes it VERY noisy. In summer you want the windows open as there is no air conditioning and this made for a very difficult sleep. The old beds with the springs coming through did not help either unfortunately. All of the decor is old and very dated, low end and the best way to describe it is the way another reviewer put it. "the furniture is all garage sale items" The hosts were good, nice and accommodating but when booking a place I think the reason for booking is to get a good nights rest and it is unfortunate I cannot say that this the case here. The room was clean at least which certainly helped. The Wi-fi was spotty at best and didn't really work in the room we were in very well at all.
"Great B&B Pity about the parting words"
07/20/14 Louise W
Really impressive upon arrival, there is a lovely central upstairs space with kitchenette for relaxing in. We had to book last minute as our car broke down and never discussed the price upon arrival. Had masses of food with us and two little ones [2months and >2yrs] so we never went down for breakfast and when we came to pay asked if he might let us off the breakfast charge but he turned nasty. Really wouldn't have minded being politely told that a reduction was not possible but his rudeness left such a bad taste and his vehemence came as a real surprise.
"Ouch the Bed."
07/10/14 oldskool1961 Sydney, Australia
Charlie the host was a champ. We had a top floor room, & with it being summer, the long days of sun light could have been an issue, but the window shades on the Velux windows were excellent. But the bed was soo noisy & uncomfortable we just could not recommend it to anyone. The rest of the decor was Garage sale but comfortable. But with new beds this place will be acceptable. Good distance to Waterford if you have a car.
"Excellent value"
07/04/14 septicgeo Gympie, Australia
Wonderful experience. Besides being a top notch B&B, they offer a separate dining area with a self-serve kitchenette with coffee, tea, and fresh milk. Excellent breakfast and company. Friendly, helpful staff.
"Extra help"
06/25/14 NIPPEROAKEY LUTON
My brother and myself arrived at the Aisling at 10.30 on a Sunday morning, having traveled overnight from Luton in the UK. We needed to shower and change in preparation for a funeral two hours later, but Charlie informed us that our rooms weren't yet ready as the other guests hadn't yet checked out. He understood the situation and promised he would do his best to help us. He offered us tea and breakfast, before miraculously getting a room ready for us within 15 minutes! We were ready in plenty time thanks to his extra efforts. The funeral went well, and we left the following morning after one of Caroline's lovely Irish Breakfasts, complete with home made soda bread. We are hoping to return before Christmas, this time not putting this lovely couple under any extra pressure! Tony & Jack