All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
10 Harrington Road, London, England, SW7 3ER, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great stay"
Fantastic staff, lovely hotel x
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Excellent Staff"
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was beautiful and the bathroom was huge.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
"Nice hotel in great location"
My wife and I stayed two nights in July 13, I can't really rate the bar or restaurant as we didn't use them but for location and comfort I thought it was great. Nice room with a comfy big bed, managed to get a smoking room too which is handy if you smoke. There is a car park about 100 yards away if you need one.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Luxurious stay in great neighbourhood"
There are so many things that we loved about Ampersand: Its location was very convenient to great food, museums and parks; the bed was very comfortable; the complimentary mini-bar was a nice touch and the bathroom was nicely fitted out with Miler Harris products. The only downside is that the room was a little small. But we will happily stay here again on our next visit to London for all the other factors mentioned.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Globetrotterx2
"Chic boutique hotel - great location !"
My partner and I recently stayed at the Ampersand for a couple of nights mid week and it was everything I'd hoped it would be. The decor is amazing - quirky and chic with lots of wonderful areas to relax and the staff were great, very friendly and helpful. We ate at the Apero restaurant on the Thursday evening where the service was second to none - we had the sharing menu and every dish was divine. The hotel has a great location, 5 minutes from the Natural History Museum and the V&A. There is a great vibe in the surrounding area - lovely squares full of al fresco restaurants and cafes - very Mediterranean ! The only disappointment was the size of the room - a little small, but they do have Miller and Harris complimentary toiletries - so that almost made up for it!
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Debbie
"Luxury, elegance and class"
Absolutely amazing. Myself and a friend went with our mothers for 1 night and the Ampersand is possibly the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. It was exactly my cup of tea - contemporary but elegant, classy but not stuffy. We met the chef - a very talented and super friendly guy - Chris Golding - who made us the most fantastic lunch (even though the restaurant was closed!) The cakes and cocktails in the Drawing Rooms are amazing. The staff are professional yet very friendly - nothing is too much trouble. My only slight criticism is that the Superior rooms are a tad on the small side (I was expecting something a little bigger) but the beds we extremely comfortable and the bedding was felt luxurious. Bathroom was absolutely spotless with lovely Miller Harris toiletries. Plus I loved staying in Kensington - brilliant shopping without the horrendous crowds of Oxford Street! I very rarely stay in the same hotel twice as I always think there is so much of the world to see..but I'll definitely be tempted back here.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Emma
"Delightful and perfectly positioned"
Excellent location near to South Kensington tube and within a short walk of Royal Albert Hall, museums and shopping areas of Knightsbridge. However, what distinguishes this hotel is its hospitability. The tone is set by the provision of free soft drinks and fresh milk in the minibar and excellent ground coffee with a plunger in the room. Books can be borrowed from the Library downstairs. The Drawing Room has delectable cakes and afternoon tea and the restaurant Apero is informal with fabulously cooked food. The design of the hotel is imaginative and stylish. All staff were cheerful and helpful. I will be back!
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Wonderful stay at the Ampersand Hotel"
We stayed 5 nights in June at the Ampersand. All the staff are great! They are all bubbly and helpful. Its a wonderful experience except that our room were too small and facing the road, thus very noisy. Thumbs up for service rendered and location. Hope that the service standard will stay this way.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Pinkcloud
SG
"Small and comfortable"
Room was tiny but very clean with every comfort. It was on ground floor which meant the window had to stay shut and at the side of the hotel which meant it was quite dark but quiet. Lovely comfortable beds and pillows.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
Lesley
"Fantastic service"
Great position, room was lovely, clean and comfortable/
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2013
"Fantastic, stylish, space!"
Keep in mind that hotels are smaller in the UK and Europe than in North America. If you are looking for a stylish, clean, small space to have a comfortable sleep, the Ampersand is your hotel. The hotel staff are super nice, and very helpful. The location of the hotel is steps from the south kensington tube station, and surrounded by tasty restaurants. My favourite things about the hotel - the super comfy bed and rain head shower! I will definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Terrific Stay at the Ampersand"
I had a wonderful experience over 9 days at the Ampersand. The hotel's location is perfect - easy walking distance to the V&A, close to South Kensington station and in a beautiful neighborhood with cafes, pubs, restaurants, gardens and lovely homes. When I return to London I will absolutely return to stay at the Ampersand. A+
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Fantastic hotel"
Amazing experience. Great location, very close to the underground. Tons of restaurants in the neighbourhood. The hotel restaurant is also great with reasonable prices considering the quality of the hotel.
Other trip May 30, 2013
"Fantastic Hotel Destination"
The staff were very friendly, the hotel was truly fantastic. The room was simple and elegant. The location from South Kensington Tube could not have been better. We would stay again. They can even accommodate 3 young children for the next time we go.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Jonny P
"Ampersand....yes please!"
LOVED this hotel, the quirkiness,rooms, location, staff, everything! would not hesitate in recommending the Ampersand wanting somewhere lovely to stay in London.
Other trip May 12, 2013
GG
"Fantastic Stay, Great Hotel"
We stay at the hotel for two nights, and would definately stay again. Hotel staff were amazing and the room was clean twice daily which was great.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
"Very good hotel in a good location!"
I stayed at the Ampersand for one night. The reception was warm and although I arrived early in the morning on a flight from Miami, I was told that my room was ready and that I had received a room upgrade! I was pleasantly surprised! The room was great. Major features of the room were the state of the art room key entry and temperature control systems, and free, fast, good quality wifi. The water, juice and soft drinks in the mini bar were free! The art deco style throughout the room was appealing. The iPod | iPhone | iPad player and charger was a great way of listening to my own collection of music while charging my devices. South Kensington tube station, on District | Circle and Picadilly lines, is a 1 minute walk away! It was easy to get to the high streets from there. There are also bus options. I did not try the food at the hotel. There is a Subway and other eatries and restaurant options near and around the station and in the area around the hotel. Overall, a good hotel in a central location with good transportation options! Will certainly return to this Hotel and will recommend it!!
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2013
Tunde
"Ideal choice"
Friendly and helpful staff. Room comfortable and clean. Situated across the road from the tube station and in a very pleasant area. Close to Museums, Hyde Park and The Royal Albert Hall.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2013
"Great Hotel, Great Location"
London hotels have the amazing ability to underwhelm and over-charge in equal measure. The only downside to this hotel was the size of my room - it was typically European. By that I mean small. Very small. But the bathroom was a good size and not the small cupboard some hotels supply. This is a new hotel and it shows, immaculately clean, superbly furnished and the staff are yet to get jaded by the demands of the London audience. The staff were superbly helpful and the complimentary mini-bar a real treat in a town where everyone costs double. It is the only hotel I'd recommend at this price point in London. Get in before it becomes established and can start to charge the high rates we're used to paying in London. Oh, the location is terrific also just opposte South Ken tube and around the corner (literally) from the museums. Recommended. Highly.
3 night business trip Apr 14, 2013
Murk
"Conveninece and comfort"
The hotel is conveniently located next to South Kensignton tube, while also being a quality residence. The food was good. We tried the evening dinner one night which although good, the tapas style was not to all our tastes
3 night trip Apr 6, 2013
Scotland
"Excellent hotel for a short weekend break"
Well worth the money, the Ampersand is a brilliant hotel in a great location with fabulous service. Will be our go-to hotel for London in the future. My only criticism is that the rooms are a little small. Fine for a couple, but if you need to put a roll away in I think the space would be a little small. Such a find though.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2013
"Great service & location"
Staff were exceptional, we arrrived a couple of hours early and the staff on the desk did not hesistate and showed us to our room. The location is great, less than 100 metres from the underground. The room was good, we took a glimpse at the deluxe studio and was recommend spend the extra in order to get the room.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2013
Great room, very comfortable bed, A little noisy
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
"Excellent location for West London, friendly staff"
Very good indeed.friendly, attentive satff, nice hotel, great location near South Ken tube Very good value for money as well. .Recommended
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2013
"Faulous room"
Lovely coffee in room. Amazing toiletries. Great hair dryer. Very comfy bed. Fluffy bathrobes.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2013
Joanna
"Personalised luxury"
I booked the Ampersand for my wife's 'significant' birthday. I notified the hotel of this and on arrival our room was upgraded and a glass of champagne was brought to the room. There was nothing that we could fault or that could have been improved. The room was fantastic and the staff were very professional but also very friendly and helpful. We had a perfect overnight stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a truly small and luxurious hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2013
Graham
"A perfect hotel!"
I could not fault this hotel. The room was compact but spotlessly clean and perfectly formed with lovely high ceilings and a large, clean window which could be opened. The room was lovely and cosy as the heating was easy to control and instant. The bathroom was clean and beautifully stocked with lovely toiletries. The bed was really comfortable and the bedding was crisp. The staff were helpful and accommodating and breakfast was delicious. My daughter had bacon butties and I had avocado on lightly toasted sour bread. The location is fabulous and only a minute from South Kensington tube station. There are lovely delis for snacks and lots of pretty Georgian houses in the surrounding area. The number 14 bus went straight from the hotel all the way through Knightsbridge to Picadilly Circus so loads to see enroute. The hotel is also very close to a fair few museums too. A perfect stay!
Other trip Feb 23, 2013
Bridget
"Beautiful and stylish boutique hotel."
Beautiful and stylish hotel a stone's throw from South Kensington Tube and all the museums. Friendly and helpful staff and a beautiful room to boot. Would definately go back again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2013
"Rumble"
Hotel shook every time a train passed through its on top of south Kensington tube station! No breakfast or room service either other than that hotel was ok
Other trip Jan 26, 2013
"Excellent Boutique Hotel"
Stayed for 2 nights for an event at the Albert Hall which was conveniently located nearby. Well designed hotel with very friendly and welcoming staff and great restaurants all around. Slight mix up with some forgotten breakfasts but all handled professionally and didn't spoil a great stay.
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2013
Alan
"Brilliant, will come again"
A stones throw away from South Kensington station. Lovely staff, modern and fresh decor. Comfy beds, free stocked mini bar with fruit juices and sot drinks. Will come again
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2013
Sam
"Fantastic!"
We stayed here for one night and loved it. The hotel is beautifully decorated and very well cared for. The staff were really helpful and friendly - the only problem we had was that hotels.com appeared not to have informed the hotel that we had completed the booking (confusion I think, after we had cancelled previously). But the staff were brilliant - they assured us they would resolve the problem, gave us a pot of tea, and then upgraded the room when they found the booking (which only took 10mins). Great service, great stay, great location.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2013
TravellingGirl
"Friendly staff, brilliant locations"
The staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived at 8am after an overnight flight - they found a room for us as soon as we arrived. Well equipped gym, free mini-bar, incredibly comfortable bed, beautiful room and good bathroom with great shower and heated floor. Location is great - close to museums, walk to Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace etc. And right next to South Kensington tube station ( Circle and Piccadilly lines) . One of the best value hotels I have stayed in.
2 night trip Dec 4, 2012
"The Ampersand - highlight of our London stay"
What you see on line is what you get at the hotel, there are no disappointments. Funky, quirky and beautifully appointed. Every staff member from house keeping, to front desk, to dining were helpful and a pleasure to interact with. Nothing was a problem for them and it was service with a friendly smile. Our stay was for four nights and we found the beds and pillows super cosy. The only thing that got us out of bed in the morning was the delicious breakfast menu at Apero. The dinner menu is also worth staying in for. The Ampersand has desfinately got the mix right, and we would recommend it without reservation.
4 night trip Nov 1, 2012
Mark+Eva
"Great, but standard doubles are really singles"
We booked a standard double room but when we checked in we couldn't even fit our bags in the room. The standard doubles are VERY misleading as they are really for a single traveller. Apparently they have had this problem regularly (according to reception) and the answer is to upgrade so you end up spending more than you planned. Full marks to reception though as they double upgraded us for the price of a single upgrade as the next level was full. The room we finally got was terrific, although don't expect a romantic view from your window... Location great as right next to South Ken Tube. Local area OK, but we usually commuted out to better areas. So, staff were great, eventual room was great but I think it very naughty they sell extremely small rooms as doubles knowing the resident will have to upgrade (or sleep with their bags in the bed)
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2012
Geoff
"Fantastic stay"
A wonderful hotel great location for getting around . We would definitely stay there again. Great beds really comfortable. We loved it, very attentive staff.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2012
Carroll
"Fantastic!"
My partner and I recently stayed here for our anniversary and had an amazing time! The hotel is very new so everything was perfect with all mod-cons and a tv in our bathroom (what a dream!) The staff at check in and room service were very polite and very friendly! Breakfast in bed was a brilliant price compared to what others serve! We will definately go back there again- everything about it made our anniversary special!
1 night trip Oct 8, 2012
Taylor
"Will stay again"
Wonderful, will definitely be back. Hotel staff very friendly, room was perfect. Hotel was close to museums and great restaurants. Hotel close walk to Harrods.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2012
Gold coast
"Not Finished"
Modern Hotel, with interesting theme. Works still being completed, stairs, and others area's need cleaning.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2012
"great new hotel"
A few teething problems as hotel had only been open a week but staff were very helpful. Will be a cracking hotel once things settle down. Rooms very modern and stylish.
Other trip Sep 30, 2012

"good hotel"
good for 1 guest(Rm.003) faint sound and vibration from S.Kensington st. at night very supportive staff but one of them needed more welcoming attitude
3 night trip Jul 21, 2015
SOO JEONG
KR
Todella hyvä hotelli loistavien kulkuyhteyksien varrella. Henkilökunta on ammattitaitoista ja palvelualtista.
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Sarita
FI
"very nice"
...but perhaps a bit expensive.
3 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Sentralt hotell v tubestasjon i hyggelig område"
Var på høstferie med min tenåringssønn på Ampersand hotel. Vi var veldig fornøyd med hotellet - bra rom, deilige bad og hyggelig tesalong. Særdeles gode senger med skikkelige dyner. Vi hadde to forskjellige romtyper, standard og deluxe. Selv om standard var svært lite så var det lysere og egentlig triveligere enn det dyrere deluxerommet. Området rundt er veldig hyggelig med masse gode spisesteder og bare noen minutters gange til South Kensington stasjon. Victoria and Albert ligger også 5 minutters gange fra hotellet.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Agnete
"Hotel liegt sehr zentral im Herzen von London"
Da das Hotel im Zentrum Londons liegt und die Untergrundbahn in der Nähe ist erreicht man alles sehenswertes in London.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
DE
"Bra läge och fräscht hotell"
Vi bodde väldigt bra på Ampersand. Trevligt och tryggt läge med bra restauranger runt hörnet. Nära shopping, tunnelbana och många busslinjer. Rummen var rena och fräscha. Det enda som kunde bli bättre var brödutbudet till frukosten. En riktigt angenäm hotellvistelse!
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2013
SE
"Hübsches Hotel in zentraler Lage"
The Ampersand Hotel ist ein kleines sehr zentrale gelegenes Hotel in South Kensington, umgeben von vielen netten Lokalen. Hyde Park ist in 10 Minuten zu Fuß erreichbar, die U-Bahn Station mit direkter Verbindung zum Flughafen in 2 Minuten zu Fuß erreichbar. Schönes Hotel mit sehr zuvorkommenden Personal und gutem Service.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Christina
DE
"gutes Hotel in U-Bahn-Nähe"
Durch die direkte Nähe zur U-Bahn waren alle Sehenswürdigkeiten schnell und gut erreichbar. Die Verpflegung war aufgrund der vielen Shops, Läden und Restaurants problemlos. Wer es mag, der sollte mal bis zum Camden-Market fahren. Wir haben dort nette und individuelle Mitbringsel erstehen können.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Adresse de choix !"
Rien à voir avec la plupart des hôtels vieillots qui sont la grande majorité de ce que l'on trouve habituellement en ville. Ici, c'est la classe avec la parfaite english touch aussi bien au niveau de la déco contemporaine et inspirée, que du confort et du service. L'accueil est chaleureux, présent et efficace et le standing est réellement qualitatif pour un tarif abordable. Le soucis du détail fait toute la différence ! Les literies sont excellentes ! et le Breakfast, un délice !
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
FR
"Central London"
Ett utmärkt hotell beläget endast 50 meter från South Kensington underground station. Bra standard i rummet men lite trångt runtom sängen vilket får anses normalt för Londonhotell men det drar tyvärr ner betyget.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2013