All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

Awesome vibe
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Great amenities
Staff were friendly and helpful, offering to provide advice on the local area. The room was comfortable, light and airy and a good size. We really appreciated the under-floor heating in the bathroom on a cold January weekend. Another nice touch was the provision of an autobiography on the bedside table. The hotel is very close to a tube station so easy to get around. It's very close to the Natural History, Science and V&A museums, also the Royal Albert Hall. We would definitely stay there again
Response by Tracey
Dear Lorraine, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable time and you appreciated all the little touches in the room and the fantastic location of the hotel. Most of all I am pleased you found the team to be friendly and helpful. We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Ampersand Hotel soon. Kind regards, Tracey
Romance trip Feb 5, 2016
Lorraine
"Great modern hotel in an excellent location."
Mid-size, modern and luxurious hotel with friendly staff and excellent location in South Ken, very close to the tube.
Other trip Jan 5, 2016
Jamie
"Lovely but small room"
Everything was perfect except the room was much smaller than one have expected from such an expensive premium hotel
2 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
"Lovely boutique relaxed hotel"
Very helpful staff only problem was that our room wasn't ready at 3:40pm but we had tea and coffee complimentary whilst we waited.
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2015
Leela
I will definitely come back
5 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
"Noisy room for a first stay"
This was my first stay at the Ampersand-it looks lovely from the website and I was really looking forward to my stay. Check in was all fine and quick and the front staff were all pleasant. The room however was very close to the lift- this didnt alarm me unti, I wnt to bed at around 10.30pm and could hear the constant whirring noise of the lift going up and won. I never understand why hotels put guests (on theor first stay especially) in bad rooms...what would be my reason to go back when this is the case. Very disapponting.
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
gail
We asked for a double bed, but, when we arrived we were given a twin room. It was changed immediately without any problem. The room was quiet, warm, very clean and modern. Very happy with our stay and would recommend to anyone
Other trip Nov 14, 2015
"Lovely boutique hotel"
Excellent location, 2mins from tube. Great service, every amenity around you. I'd stay there again.
Response by The Ampersand Hotel
Thank you for your great review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to The Ampersand. Kind regards Tracey
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
"Fabulous location!"
Location was spot on, hotel is lovely and the staff were the best I have experienced. only one gripe would be the room I was allocated which has to be the smallest I've ever stayed in. Even as a single traveller It was really uncomfortable, had to move a desk chair constantly and use the floor space for tea tray. Wardrobe in an awkward position but again this was down to making use of space. Tea & Coffee and complementary soft drinks in the room a lovely touch. Would stay again but would have to be sure of the room allocated.
Response by The Ampersand Hotel
Dear Marie, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. The single and double rooms are small and we try our best to provide clear information in the room descriptions. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay. Kind regards Tracey Asisstant General Manager
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
Marie
"Great hotel!"
Just watch out for the red dot lit up in the room controls, which apparently is universal hotelier's code for "Do Not Disturb"! (and then your room will not be cleaned!)
Response by The Ampersand Hotel
Dear Tim, Thank you for your great review. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards Tracey Assistant General Manager
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
"Fav hotel in London"
Great location - beautiful property with attention to every detail - wonderfully friendly and helpful staff - great food!
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Tracey
"Hotel in London"
Rooms are very small there is barely any room for one person to move around. There is constant rumbling noise from the tube running underneath the hotel. Also lots of noise coming from the French school next door. I had dinner in their restaurant downstairs where the food is good but was disappointed to see a service charge added toy bill because I charged it the my room. They should have told me about it and would have charged it to my credit card instead. Overall I will not return there. When I requested an early arrival check-in they offered me to pay for an additional night stay at half the price I was paying for my room. Do they have different higher rates when you book through Expedia?
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
cecilia
"Fabulous location and staff"
Room was spacious and well appointed with a delux king size bed and amenities. They iffer a free mini bar, no alcohol but waters juices and fresh milk for your in room coffee. Only problem was constant background noise of the underground trains. Dont stay in room 107 if u are noise adverse or want view. In fact, don't dtay on the first floor - I imagine they all hear the trains. Front desk staff can't do enough for you. The location is across the street from South Kensington tube stop and down the street from the V&A. The neighbourhood is full of eateries bistros pubs and restaurants. Had one snack in the hotel and it wasn't great and it was crazy expensive.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
navigator
"Tiny, tiny rooms"
Lovely staff, wonderful location and nicely designed hotel....apart from the tiny, tiny rooms. We booked a "Superior" room for 3 nights. If it truly was a "superior" room, then the standard rooms must be for single guests! I expected a far more spacious experience for the cost per night....even in London!
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
Bristol
"Excellent location!"
Location location, perfect! Everybody was very helpful, very happy to select this hotel!
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Quality Hotel"
We stayed three nights in this lovely hotel. Only metres from South Kensington underground station, the hotel is located in an upmarket locale. There are lots of dining options nearby for breakfast etc if you don't fancy eating at the hotel. We enjoyed the comfort on offer; the hotel is just lovely, our room was immaculate and impeccably maintained. Whist not the biggest of rooms, it has lots of nice touches. The air con works well. Dining, wise, we only tried the breakfast at the hotel which was fine. My partner thought the one slice of apparently unbuttered toast with the omelette was a bit stingy. We really enjoyed our stay but on checking out, the hotel attempted to double charge us for the breakfast that we had just eaten. Bit slapdash and took the gloss off things for me. Would stay here again.
3 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
"Tasteful, pleasant and convenient."
I'm glad that I had chosen this hotel for my London stay. The hotel's decor is tasteful and luxurious with comfortable bed. The service is excellent. The hotel had a library, a game room and a gym room. They are all beautifully renovated, just like the photos on the ad. I had a pleasant stay.
5 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Phoebe
I turned up just before 2pm, which was check in time. My room wasn't ready and so they quickly upgraded me to a better room that was ready, without fuss and without charge.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"T&p N&tch"
Top Notch in every way
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Geoff
"Summary"
Lovely hotel.Very clean. rooms a bit small. Staff very helpful.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Close to Harrods and Bus Tour"
Great hotel and very clean. Got in at 9am from an overnight flight and my room was ready. Stayed in a double. Perfect for one night stay with my daughter. Room was tiny and nowhere to put suitcases. Would definitely get much bigger room if traveling with spouse and or kids. Trendy lovely boutique hotel. Cannot comment on restaurant as we ate out. They say walking distance to Harrods. True but a bit of a trek especially jet lagged. Took a cab back for 5 pounds. Double decker stop right outside the hotel. So if you want to see a tour of London without walking I suggest this hop on hop off option. You can purchase the tickets at the front desk and you will get a good history lesson of London in a few relaxing hours. Overall great little stop over in London before heading out for a 2 week cruise out of South Hamton.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
A
"Summary"
Lovely hotel.Very clean. rooms a bit small. Staff very helpful.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Ampersand Hotel"
We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was lovely and in a great location. I walked to Harrod's. There is a pedestrian mall just across the road. We liked the decor which portrayed the name of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the room was compact but had everything we needed. We got the room had a reduced rate and realized why the next morning when the construction next door got underway. A concrete block was being dismantled. That did not really bother us as we were getting ready to leave.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Ernest
"Great boutique hotel in London"
We have stayed at The Ampersand four times and think it is a fantastic hotel in every way.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Mom & Daughter
"Excellent hotel in central London"
We loved the hotel, the service, location and fit out. The bar and restaurant are really great options too.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Allira
"Little paradise"
Great room!! Great staff!!
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Tabasum
"Fantastic hotel in South Kensington"
I stayed at the Ampersand for the first time in May 2015, and cannot recommend the hotel highly enough. The room was beautifully presented, with a very comfy bed and the most impressive shower I've ever seen. The hotel has been designed with comfort in mind - from the staff phoning to let me know when my room was ready, to the blackout curtains for a peaceful night's sleep. The location is ideal for museums and restaurants, being just over the road from South Ken tube but away from the noise of London life. Breakfast - while not cheap - was of a very high standard, and had a Mediterranean twist and nice atmosphere.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"All good."
Fantastic. Room maybe a fraction small, but that was it. Just oposite South Kensington tube as well, so the location is perfect.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
richard
"Great position. Close to South Kensington Station"
All amenities in the room. Including free mini bar and wifi. Rooms quite small but very comfortable. Great eating places near by at all price levels.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Excellent stay"
Hotels are often judged on the wrong aspects. Yes, this hotel was in an excellent position and the food and drink were, for London, both of high quality yet not overpriced. Yes , the rooms were small for the UK but normal for London but they were clean, comfortable and the bathroom was wonderful. Yes, the small touches such as free wi-fi and a cute games room were wonderful. But what sets it apart is the staff. They were friendly but not cloying, attentive yet not subservient and had a sense of humour. Without a doubt, this is now our number one hotel in London.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
This is a great hotel in an ideal location. We were initially allocated a vey tiny room but were moved at our request with the minimum of fuss. Both rooms and all the public areas are decorated and maintained to a very high standard. We wouldn't hesitate to either go back again or to recommend this hotel to our friends
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
SS
"Lovely plush hotel next to South Kensington"
Thoroughly enjoyed our short break at the Ampersand. It is not cheap, but is so worth it. Arrived very early and was allocated a room before check-in which unfortunately looked directly into a wall. Headed out for the afternoon and by the time we came back, the room had been changed at our request and our luggage moved. Nothing was too much for the very helpful staff. The hotel is simply gorgeous from top to bottom and the location for Hyde park and exploring London was fab. The room we had was small but perfectly formed and the bathroom was plush with all you could want for luxury! Highly recommend for couples and those wanting to indulge a little bit!
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Ali
"Very small - but OK aside from that."
Given the price, very small rooms, even for the area. Great staff though.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Fantastic London Hotel"
From the personal delivery to the room at check-in, the wonderful high tech features, the comfortable bedding, fabulous bar and perfect London location, this hotel checked all the boxes for a fabulous stay. Would definitely recommend to others.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
Brisneylandkim
"beauty"
informative staff, super location(tube across the street) & the bonus was the bar/resto in the basement> Primo
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Very centrally located and very helpful staff"
I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel does not charge for bottled water and soft drinks in the minibar.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
Prodyut
MY
"Wonderful 5 nights in London"
From check-in to checkout the staff was helpful and attentive. The room was lovely, the bed very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant twice and both meals were superb, as was the english cream tea we had Sunday afternoon. The location could not be better, just a quick walk to the tube, buses right outside and museums a short walk away. We know where we are staying for our next visit to London.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
CM
"Very Good but avoid the Standard Room"
My wife and I enjoyed our stay but we felt the Standard Room we had booked was quite claustrophobic and cramped (we appreciate that this is London but at nearly 200 per night I would have expected a little more space). A minor frustration was that when we asked to borrow a steam iron and ironing board from housekeeping, the board was so uneven as to render the iron largely useless and that the maid returned a little while later to ask for it back. This is obviously very trivial but in a five star hotel I would expect for facilities to be available and not 'on demand'.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Simon
"Great experience"
Do not get the basic room it is WAY TOO SMALL! but the delux rooms are great and the hotel was great overall! excellent location, very friendly staff!
4 night trip Aug 12, 2013
"Quirky and delightful."
Not the cheapest night away I've had, to be fair, but there was nothing to complain about. Staff were not merely polite and helpful, but also very friendly -- the room was utterly spotless, and the restaurant was excellent for the value. If you're visiting the Museums or the Royal Albert Hall (both of which I did), it could not be better positioned. Will certainly be recommending to any other distance-travelling Proms visitors if they fancy a bit of luxury.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Duncan
"Awesome service"
Good location & good service
4 night trip Aug 7, 2013
Tamadd
"Dirty weekend in London by Londoners!"
Awesome bed, huge and comfortable. Gorgeous bathroom smellies...women appreciate these things! Have a cocktail in the downstairs bar, the waiter there made perhaps the best 'Old Fashioned' (bourbon with orange peel) cocktail my boyfriend said he'd ever had# Right opposite Tube station####good lo#ation for exploring West London#
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"great stay"
Fantastic staff, lovely hotel x
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Excellent Staff"
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was beautiful and the bathroom was huge.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
"Nice hotel in great location"
My wife and I stayed two nights in July 13, I can't really rate the bar or restaurant as we didn't use them but for location and comfort I thought it was great. Nice room with a comfy big bed, managed to get a smoking room too which is handy if you smoke. There is a car park about 100 yards away if you need one.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Luxurious stay in great neighbourhood"
There are so many things that we loved about Ampersand: Its location was very convenient to great food, museums and parks; the bed was very comfortable; the complimentary mini-bar was a nice touch and the bathroom was nicely fitted out with Miler Harris products. The only downside is that the room was a little small. But we will happily stay here again on our next visit to London for all the other factors mentioned.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Globetrotterx2
"Chic boutique hotel - great location !"
My partner and I recently stayed at the Ampersand for a couple of nights mid week and it was everything I'd hoped it would be. The decor is amazing - quirky and chic with lots of wonderful areas to relax and the staff were great, very friendly and helpful. We ate at the Apero restaurant on the Thursday evening where the service was second to none - we had the sharing menu and every dish was divine. The hotel has a great location, 5 minutes from the Natural History Museum and the V&A. There is a great vibe in the surrounding area - lovely squares full of al fresco restaurants and cafes - very Mediterranean ! The only disappointment was the size of the room - a little small, but they do have Miller and Harris complimentary toiletries - so that almost made up for it!
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Debbie
"Luxury, elegance and class"
Absolutely amazing. Myself and a friend went with our mothers for 1 night and the Ampersand is possibly the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. It was exactly my cup of tea - contemporary but elegant, classy but not stuffy. We met the chef - a very talented and super friendly guy - Chris Golding - who made us the most fantastic lunch (even though the restaurant was closed!) The cakes and cocktails in the Drawing Rooms are amazing. The staff are professional yet very friendly - nothing is too much trouble. My only slight criticism is that the Superior rooms are a tad on the small side (I was expecting something a little bigger) but the beds we extremely comfortable and the bedding was felt luxurious. Bathroom was absolutely spotless with lovely Miller Harris toiletries. Plus I loved staying in Kensington - brilliant shopping without the horrendous crowds of Oxford Street! I very rarely stay in the same hotel twice as I always think there is so much of the world to see..but I'll definitely be tempted back here.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Emma
"Delightful and perfectly positioned"
Excellent location near to South Kensington tube and within a short walk of Royal Albert Hall, museums and shopping areas of Knightsbridge. However, what distinguishes this hotel is its hospitability. The tone is set by the provision of free soft drinks and fresh milk in the minibar and excellent ground coffee with a plunger in the room. Books can be borrowed from the Library downstairs. The Drawing Room has delectable cakes and afternoon tea and the restaurant Apero is informal with fabulously cooked food. The design of the hotel is imaginative and stylish. All staff were cheerful and helpful. I will be back!
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Wonderful stay at the Ampersand Hotel"
We stayed 5 nights in June at the Ampersand. All the staff are great! They are all bubbly and helpful. Its a wonderful experience except that our room were too small and facing the road, thus very noisy. Thumbs up for service rendered and location. Hope that the service standard will stay this way.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013