All hotels in Marion, Illinois, United States of America
2609 Blue Heron Drive, Marion, IL, 62959, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

4.8
    4.8
Great location and maintained to make it feel like it just opened and you're the first to use the room.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
Great stay, no complaints!! Exceeds expectations.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Very Pleasent"
Nice stay. I even forgot my pillow and called the hotel when I finally got home (6 hours away) and they found it for me and are shipping it back! So nice! Thanks Holiday Inn Express.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Great convenient hotel"
Very new and clean, great breakfast, kids had fun in the pool, convenient to highway.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
kg
"The best in town"
I stay here once a month because it is the friendliest place in town! Whether it's Ted checking you in or Karen serving you breakfast, everyone is so nice!
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2014
Megan
Modern and clean with an excellent breakfast
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Cindy
"Great place to rest"
Was on cross country drive and wanted place to rest and relax. This checked all the boxes. Comfortable beds with great pillows.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"nice hotel that gets the details right"
It's not that the room is well-laid out, that the desk chair is a real one, that you can arrange the work space as you want, or any of several other niceties - it's that it has all of them. Only complaint was the seemingly thin walls, though that's not entirely the fault of the hotel - a large group of teen baseball players was there, with adults that didn't know that they should discourage the students from, say, having a conversation in the hall while others are trying to sleep. Loads of good restaurants close by, too.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Very Clean. Complimentary Breakfast was very well"
Outstanding. Nearby Golds Gym was free, to Hotel Guests. Rooms and Hotel were very clean. Free Breakfast was probably best I have seen and tasted, in my years of traveling. Hotel Staff was friendly and always there to assist.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Weekend stay"
Very nice hotel. Very clean. Ball teams there for a tournament across the street. If you don't like a lot of kids around, you might ask about this when making reservation due to proximity to Rent 1 Ballpark. Very nice breakfast. Noise level was a little loud, lots of movement over our room while trying to sleep. Should have taken others advise and asked for room on 4th floor.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Great quick stay!"
This hotel was brand new and nice and clean. Wes at the front desk was great and very friendly. This was a great quick stay and a great price for the money on the way to our trip!!
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"SIU tour for my son"
Was a good stay in a newer hotel and a quiet night sleep, clean pool and small fitness room. Took the advice from another review and got a room on the 4th floor for a good night sleep. Thanks. Ended with a good hot breakfast that was included in the nightly rate.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
Geektilitmhz
"Great alternative"
Excellent (friendly and helpful) staff! Location was better than expected. We could not get a room in Carbondale like we needed. The trip to SIU campus wasn't long at all. I would definitely choose this hotel again!
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2014
"Beautiful hotel"
From our check in to our check out, the hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Our room was spotless and very nicely appointed. The bed was so comfortable and the room quiet so sleeping was not a problem.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Grace
"A pleasant stay"
The hotel is not upscale, but it is new and extremely comfortable. The staff was exceptionally helpful. Small indoor pool. Clean.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
Jeanette
Nice looking hotel. I slept great but my husband did not due to the person snoring in the next room. I was surprised this quality of hotel had paper thin walls.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
"Very nice"
Everything and everyone was on spot with the exception of the hot water. Apparently the hotel was having plumbing problems which resulted in lukewarm water that smelled bad. I guess they got repaired because we were able to take hot showers the next morning. All in all, a good stay.
1 night business trip Dec 30, 2013
"Great staff"
Love this holiday inn. Arrived on Xmas eve and staff was super friendly, helpful, and very professional. Much better than other hotels in the area where service lacks. Made a reservation for the return trip and loved it again a week later. Will stay there again
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"Cinnamon rolls cannot make up for lack of comfort"
We booked a couple of months in advance, but at check-in the front desk assigned us a "special needs" room by the back door and down the hall from the pool. When we asked for a standard room the manager said we reserved through a third party (hotels.com) and the hotel couldn't change it. We question this policy. The hotel is newer and clean, but comfort was lacking. In December with six inches of snow, we had summer weight bedding that only covered the top of our mattress. There was a lot of noise throughout the night down the hall and overhead. The bathroom had only a handicap shower with a curtain that was was 18" too short, allowing water all over the floor. We stayed two nights for SIU's commencement, and unfortunately the signature cinnamon rolls could not make up for the inconveniences.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Liz Brown
"weekend getaway"
Hotel is very new. Built May 2012 - I asked. Close to the interstate and local chain restaurants.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"snobbish but nice staff"
by river; get the breakfast because it was excellent
1 night trip Oct 8, 2013
"Nicest hotel in town"
This hotel is relatively new, but it is well staffed and my room looked like it had never been used. Excellent!
2 night business trip Oct 13, 2013
"Good location to Southern Illinois University"
Everything was great except we were a little disappointed that there was no hot tub.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Marilyn Marturano
"Easy Access"
The Holiday Inn Express is perfectly located close to the interstate. Easy to find even with the major construction that is underway on the interchange.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
Staff very friendly and attentive. Breakfast very nice and staff kept it well supplied and clean. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Pleasantly Surprised"
This hotel was much nicer than I anticipated. This was my first experience at a Holiday Inn Express, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much the hotel offered, for example, breakfast bar, amenities, pool, etc... The room was very clean, stylish, & comfortable. Having young kids along, I especially appreciated the late checkout time of noon and the breakfast bar. Our daughter has a severe peanut and tree nut allergy and the kitchen staff went out of their way to check over the food labels for us to ensure the safety of her eating experience. I will definitely stay at this hotel in the future if I travel through this area again.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Brandie
"Pleasant night!"
Great Hotel for those looking for a clean room! Breakfast was great! Night staff more or less, morning staff very nice and polite!!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Mid-point stop"
We loved our overnight stay. What a classy, modern hotel!! Top notch and reasonable price, way to go!! We left to early to enjoy Sunday breakfast (only regret it started at 7AM).
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Best place to stay in Marion"
Loved this place. Staff was amazing! Breakfast was amazing! Rooms were amazing! This place does a fantastic job for a good price. Stayed 3 nights and enjoyed it! Have family in this town and have stayed in other hotels in Marion as well as in Mt. Vernon. Will be staying here every time I come in the future.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Elevator too loud for room 132"
The room was very clean, the staff was very friendly, the hotel was super nice overall. The problem that we had was that after paying $126.00 for a nice hotel room (room 132) we were amazed at how loud the elevator noise was that kept us up all night. It was very loud and made it almost impossible for us to sleep. I would recommend the hotel for sure, just don't stay in room 132. If not for the elevator noise they would have gotten a 5 star rating from us.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Loved the hotel and our room. Wished the mattress was more comfortable. Mike
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Nice clean hotel. Service is excellent."
Really nice Holiday Inn Express. Non Smoking too. Would recommend to families. Has the breakfast buffet which can be cost saving. Room are very clean. A newer hotel
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
guys trip
"Nice hotel for Marion IL. Good location as well."
Had a quick weekend trip to Marion IL. The staff was friendly and hotel was nice and new. Patio area is nice as well. Breakfast was good, typical for hotel breakfast. Also had access to 2 computers as needed.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Stacey
"Very nice"
Very clean hotel, friendly staff. I did notice that some of the housekeepers were not taking there job seriously as we were checking out to leave. I did not see any professionalism in a few of them. Overall satisfied.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
ash
Great place to stay if you're traveling on I-57. Hotel looks new and the rooms are spacious and clean. Beds and pillow were just fine. Desk staff was kind and courteous. The free breakfast was decent. The town itself seems safe and has usual collection of fast food and chain restaurants, though we didnt explore. Would definitely stay here again if on a road trip.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"good stay"
Nice hotel would stay anytime. Staff was super nice and had a good breakfeast
2 night business trip Jun 14, 2013
beth
"Lots of room for large family of 5"
Very clean, very roomy, staff was friendly, enjoyed the evening snacks...breakfast was the best!
5 night business trip Jun 9, 2013
"good night sleep"
Was a good night sleep would stay there again. Hotel was super clean and staff was nice.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
bradley
"My family loved it"
The staff was friendly and the furnishings fairly new and in good condition. The free breakfast was one of the better ones I've had at a hotel, and the pancake machine is very cool.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Hotel was clean and conveniently located."
The hotel was clean and the location was perfect. The two young men at the front desk were 'ok'. However, I was told when I booked through expedia that I would have a Jacuzzi/hot tub in the room; however when I arrived, the room was a standard queen.room. When I asked about the reservations, the two young men were not very helpful and they brushed it of like it was not an issue. Also if you book through Expeida you will not get your prefer customer points... I would stay at this facility again. Hats off to the house keeping staff!! Great Job!!!!
Other trip May 28, 2013
This is a great hotel. Reasonable, and very nice staff. The breakfast was good but not great but I guess that depends on what you like to eat. There was a nice variety. Noting to do nearby but again that depends on why you are staying there. I'd stay again if fate brings me in that area again.
1 night business trip May 15, 2013
"nice hotel ,vary clean every it was close"
my experience was nice a like the hotel it was clean, employee were vary helpful room were clean, it was close to campus were graduation . breakfast was great, I recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip May 20, 2013
"LOUD ROOM"
I was given a room right next to the elevator, very noisy. They moved me and all was well!!
2 night trip May 10, 2013
bill
"Great Hotel-Best in Marion!"
I stayed 2 weekends in a row. First was great. The second was very noisy (stomping and doors slamming) after 11pm and before 8am with swimmers in the pool (screaming/yelling). To avoid this possible issue in the future, I will reserve a room in the front side on the 3rd or 4th floor. Other than this noise problem (possibly isolated incident), this is a great, very clean hotel with friendly, helpful, and efficient employees. I have stayed at other Marion hotels in the past and find this to be the best. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express whenever I visit Marion.
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
"Super nice HIE"
This is the nicest HIE I have ever been in. Guys at the front desk were awesome. Breakfast in the morning was great.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013
"Traffic problem"
The hotel was in terrific shape. The problem was road construction on the interstate to get there.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2013
Jefferson
This was a quick overnight stay after a concert but I was tempted to stay the weekend. The hotel is new and everything about it is first rate. Room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was the same. My only complaint about the bathroom is one I have with most hotels. The light & fan are on the same switch which is most annoying. Most of the time there is no need for a fan and not having separate control is ridiculous. One of the best improvements I found were the electrical outlets by the bedside table. There were 2 separate outlets with 2 plugs each located on the wall right above the table. This meant easy access for 2 cell phones and no searching for outlets. There were also additional outlets on the desk for computer. Every hotel should be this easy. The hotel was right off the interstate, easy to find and only about 10 minutes from the venue. It is also very close to the main shopping mall and many restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
It needed a little maintenance on the carpet but overall a great stay beautiful room would request not to be next to stairwell the door was a little loud
1 night trip Mar 20, 2013
"Great overnight stay"
The hotel was in excellent condition and very clean. The staff was quick to get us registered and very friendly.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
"Awesome hotel for the family on cross-country trip"
This is a great place - we stayed here on the way to KC and then on the way back home to South Carolina. Very nice! Well done. If I had a complaint it would be that the FREE biscuits were a little dry, but it is hard to gripe about FREE biscuits!
Other trip Mar 15, 2013