All hotels in Litchfield, Connecticut, United States of America

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Food is all right
"Amazing interior design!"
So incredibly lucky that I waited too long to book a hotel in Torrington as they were all sold out and I had to look outside of the city. I stumbled upon the Lichfield inn and I plan on going back as soon as I can! The design and details of our room were stunning! I was there on business, but plan to return for a girls weekend away or any other reason I can think of. Full bar, restaurant, breakfast and, in general, great service. You HAVE to visit this Inn. I've traveled the world and across the states and this Inn stands out as one of the best!
2 night business trip Apr 1, 2016
"Great stay, but avoid the restaurant"
Overall, the Litchfield Inn was excellent. The room was extremely well-decorated, comfy, and the staff was nothing but pleasant. The only complaint I have was the restaurant in the hotel. I was expecting the food to be pricey, but it wasn't worth the price because of one factor: the Friday night "live" music. It was so loud you could barely hear the person next to you, and our poor server had to shout to explain what was on the menu. It's one thing if this was in a bar in the city, but was really disappointing to see in a quiet country inn. Overall, great experience. I would recommend staying there to my friends, and will likely go there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2016
Very comfortable stay staff was very attentive . Also a full complimentary breakfast with a variety of items to choose from also upon check-in you are met with complementary Otis Spunkmeyer cookies . The hotel itself is a very elegant place at a very affordable rate . (5/5)
3 night romance trip Feb 16, 2016
"Excellent Place to celebrate an anniversary"
It was wonderful and so was the staff.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2016
irasema
"Lovely in Litchfield"
We booked a last minute overnight during the holidays. My daughter found a great rate at the Inn. The service was phenomenal and personal; the rooms were very large, modern and roomy; beautiful common spaces with local papers to peruse; breakfast was included in the price - best free hotel breakfast I've ever had. Made to order delicious omelets were the highlight but everything was great.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Hannah
"Be careful!"
Traveling for business. Got there- no restaurant open - site said there was one. Muddy parking lot. The list goes on. I dont recommend.
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
Keith
"Great food at the Tavern Off the Green!"
Great room. Clean and well decorated.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
LORI
We went to Lichtfield for a couple of days to enjoy the foliage. The place was quite, clean, comfortable and elegant. We spent only one night, but it was a good night!
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2015
Zoila
"Nothing is perfect"
While I was taking an afternoon nap, three hotel customers came knocking at our door. My partner answered the door and spoke to the frustrated trio. They had been given a card key and told mistakenly that the key would open our room. We never received an apology from the front desk. Meanwhile the maid never came to clean the room that day.
2 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
Gregg
"Nice location but some problems"
They did not inform us that the restaurant and bar were closed. There was extensive remodeling going on somewhere hand the halls were dirty. Our room overlooked a roof with many roof vents. There was no way to open a window or door to get fresh air in the room. The dining room was dark and furnishings were dated. Coffee was undrinkable hand milk tasted sour. The room was large and well furnished and the bathroom was large and modern. The grounds were nice and there was good parking.
3 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
Kenneth
"Very hard mattress"
We weren't expecting the ranch style room with some sort of animal skin rug and horns on the wall. The biggest problem was the bed was rock hard. I've never slept on a harder mattress.
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Christopher
"Seen better days!"
We were travelling to the Littchfield area to see our grandson at his school's Grand Parent's Day. We were looking for a nice B&B type place for one night which was close to the school with an on-site restaurant. We chose the Litchfield Inn based on the online description and pictures. I also made an online reservation in their restaurant for dinner. When we arrived we were concerned that the outside certainly was not as nice as the pictures suggested and proceeded to the check-in desk. When we inquired about our dinner reservations, we were informed that the restaurant had been closed for several weeks (change in management) and we would have to make other arrangements. We were disappointed but found a local restaurant 3 miles away on a dark country road. We were somewhat restricted since many restaurants apparently don't serve dinner on Tuesday night's! In summary, the room was OK but expensive ($200+) and not what we expected! The only staff we saw was the desk clerk who was very nice.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
"Dogs allowed in deluxe rooms only"
The Litchfield Inn was nicer than we were expecting. We were a little hesitant based on the priciness of the hotel and the lukewarm reviews. However, we thought the hotel was beautiful. We had originally booked a luxury room (theme room), but when we showed up, we told them we had a dog. Dogs are not allowed in luxury rooms, and when using hotels.com to book, you cannot specify that dogs are allowed. The hotel staff told us that they will look into making this change for online bookings. Anyway, we were still given a king bed, and had a huge room. It didn't feel cramped like hotel rooms often are. In fact, the room was as large as our one-bedroom apartment! The bed was comfortable, and the sheets were really soft. My only complaint was that the floor had very obviously not been vacuumed, but the carpet was not terribly dirty. Breakfast was great. It had the usual continental selection of bagels, danishes, cereals, etc., but also hot food, such as freshly made omelettes, bacon and sausages, and a waffle machine.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
"Excellent accommodations"
We loved it. Beautiful room and very clean. All staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Loved the prime rib dinner and enjoyed the great free breakfast. We will certainly be back again. Thank you all at The Inn.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2015
anne
The free breakfast was not at all edible. The hallways were dirty and filled with old furniture that looked like it came from a garage sale. The room charge of almost $400 a night was way out of line. I would suggest visitors to Lichtfield find another place to stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Bruce
"You Never Know"
We were shocked to find the beddings with soil and foreign items. The front desk was called and the lady was not pleased. She asked me if I wanted to change room and we said we were settled in and just need a set of fresh sheets.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
"Theme room"
Deluxe King theme room(#304)was just as it appeared in pics - lovely. Very clean, comfortable and spacious. Unfortunately, the rest of the inn(indoor and outdoor) is outdated and doesn't match the level of the theme rooms. Very disappointed upon checkin to find the front desk clerk, a young woman who looked as tho she just rolled out of bed wearing the clothes from the day before.. poor first impression, poor management to allow that. Happy hour at bar was good but swarming with fruit flies.. gross! Free included Bkfst on Sunday morning was better than expected.. plentiful, tasty, fresh and quick. Overall, very pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"A Good experience"
Nice clean room, decorated very tastefully and in good condition. Bath facilities were clean and attractive, with a number of amenities supplied. One highlight is the free breakfast, one of the best we've had at any hotel where we have stayed over the years. Made-to-order omelets, waffles, meat, fresh fruit, good coffee, breakfast sweets, cereals, etc. Overall, a good experience staying here.
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
Judith
"Beautiful Inn, outdated bedding"
I loved the Litchfield Inn and the decor! When my husband and I arrived on a Saturday night, there seemed to be a wedding so parking was on the scarce side. Check-in process was smooth and easy. I loved the furniture and the decorative items in the room, which had a very homey feel to them (e.g., bookshelf with real books, an electric fire place, fridge, microwave, a desk with various figurines of past U.S. presidents,etc.). Breakfast at the dining room downstairs wasn't too bad, either. The only downside was the dark green floral bedding, which looked a little too outdated and could look a bit on the dirty side (although it most likely wasn't!). The room would've looked much cleaner and inviting if the comforters and pillows were a clean solid color. It was a very short distance away from the 2 vineyards that we visited, which was a plus. I wouldn't mind staying here again if passing through the neighborhood.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Hana
"Our Stay at the Litchfield Inn"
The front desk personnel was superb as well as the office staff who gave me an extra battery for my camera. Our room was clean and decorated nicely. However, my soup at the Bantam Bistro was served quite warm and the waitress had to be told three times to make it hotter.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
"Stay with Classy and Herritage tastes."
it is a great hotel for vacation. Classy and has nice heritage feeling for all the interior of the hotel. I want to come back here again.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2015
Katsumi
"Great Getaway"
We had a great stay at the Inn. The room was extremely comfortable, the staff was friendly, and we enjoyed the breakfast! We are definitely going back!!!
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Eerik
"Nice hotel in a beautiful part of New England"
The hotel and the room were nice and but the restaurant was also very commendable. Would definitely recommend this to anyone seeking a good rest in western New England
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Didit
"Overly decorated too busy!"
Bed was not made. Breakfast in dark windowless room very basic but omelette station very good. I would not stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2015
"Super place to stay"
We had a wonderful stay at the Litchfield Inn. It is so well kept up, in a perfect setting.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
"Perfect place to runaway to!"
The Inn was beautiful. Staff were helpful. Our room was wonderfully maintained, and comfortable. We were looking for an escape and were provided with an excellent place to escape to. I would and have recommended this Inn to anyone who would listen since I returned.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Bridget
We had an enjoyable stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely a step above the chain hotels.
3 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
The thing that my wife and I noticed, as soon as we walked in, was a musty smell. It was more noticeable in the halls than in the room. The room was clean, but the musty smell seeped in from the hall. The hotel is in a very nice area, so the management should really try to get rid of the mustiness (maybe improve the ventilation?).
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
My husband and I went for a getaway weekend Loved the decor and especially loved the modern shower The room was immaculate Would definitely recommend it
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
robert
"Great experience with great food!"
We enjoyed our brief stay. The staff was very friendly, the room clean and the beds comfortable. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant and LOVED our food. We asked to thank the chef for the wonderful food, as did all the other guests around us.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Renate M
"Charming old hotel with renovated rooms"
Check-in was slow. Nice and charming old hotel. No bellman to help you with suitcases. The rooms have been apparently renovated recently, so mattresses, linens and pillows are nice and comfortable and the rooms are nice. There is free internet and breakfast. The breakfast has an egg station for omelettes, a waffle maker and a toaster for a small variety of breads. There is a good variety of cereals, granola and yogurt. Coffee and teas also. No a la carte, but you serve yourself a decent and plentiful breakfast. The young man who is at the egg station is charming and very eager to please. My main complaint with the room was the curtains. I like blackouts to completely cover light, but we had lots of light coming in through the sides, top and bottom. The hotel is very quiet, and overall it is very nice and clean. I found the price of my first night $299 extremely high, although the second night was $129.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Rosa
Great place to stay for our wine tour that we created ourselves!
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"ADEQUATE"
We were in town for a funeral and needed a place to stay. This hotel was adequate. It has a lot of potential, but is in the middle of renovations. The room was comfortable, and well stocked with everything you need in a hotel room, but the outlet in the bathroom didn't work, so you had to take the hairdryer out of the wall and use it in the bedroom. The breakfast was good - omelets made to order, bacon, sausage, waffle maker, juice, toast, yogurt and cereal. There is a nice patio area which overlooks a garden. But the garden is in desperate need of weeding and pruning! Also, web told us that there were pools there and there are not!
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Kimberly
"Pleasant inn"
Clean and comfortable hotel that in the 1970s would have been the best available. Would have preferred that the cleaning service would have washed the dirty glasses and coffee cups after we used them rather than leaving them there for a couple of days. Nice patio overlooking a little garden, restaurant/bar, and a great breakfast buffet with an omelette chef. Lots of parking, but half the lot is unpaved.
3 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Loved it
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Gordon
"A pleasent stay"
We stayed there last weekend and the room was not great. This week we stayed in a recently renovated room which was awesome. The hotel staff was very nice. Our room was not ready when we arrived at 4:00pm. I left our bag with the front desk and they placed it in our room. Overall a very pleasent stay.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Nick
"Nice little place, but...."
This is a nice little place but, no morning breakfast, no instructions on how to use the shower...... and no freaking outlets in the room, except the bathroom.....
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
It was clean and in a good location, you can tell that in its day it was a beautiful place but looks it's just poorly managed. Bar had fruit fly problem , tap beer had funny flavor , a lot of lights out ect
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Stephen
Rooms had a lot of individual personality with different themes in each one.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
b
"One night stay"
One night stay visiting our son at camp. A little pricey. No other hotels in the area. Stay was fine. Could improve on the comp. breakfast
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Nick
Tv not working so we were given new room but in the morning that tv stopped working. Bathroom was dark and dingy. Will never stay again
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Nice hotel in a picturesque area"
I was in town for nearby business and was happy to find this unique hotel. I did not take adavantage of the restaurant or bar, but enjoyed the room, which was spacious and well decorated. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Gene
"Not what I expected"
moldy smell in room, decor lacking, ice cold shower at 7 am - when asked about hot water the answer was "usually works but depends on how many people are using it!"
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
The Litchfield Inn was a very nice and relaxing environment. Our room was cozy and clean and the rain showerhead in the bathroom was amazing. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room includes free breakfast each day which is decent. It's a continental-type breakfast with a little bit extra (cereal, make your own waffles, omelets, bacon, etc.). Given how nice the rest of the inn is, I'd though breakfast might have been a bit higher end, but overall it was ok. I would definitely recommend Litchfield Inn to anyone.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"A really good place to stay"
Everything was great. Loved the little courtyard for a glass of wine during Happy Hour. The free morning breakfast was top notch!
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Almost a good experience."
The room remodel was very nice except for the strange unfinished floor under the air conditioner. Teh bathroom is very small as mentioned in other reviews. The room had a strange odor that subsded with air-conditioning but was evident most of the time.. When I checked in my room had been cleaned but there were crumbs (?) on the floor , the trays for soaps/lotion and the tray for ice were not clean. Just enough to be upsetting. I had a no hot water for the first 1.5 days with terrible water pressure the entire time. The breakfast is medicre. Free internet and parking were fine.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
J
"Disappointing"
The hotel is old and in need of repairs but is being remodeled cheaply; so, the rooms are not clean, do not smell clean, and are not comfortable. The bathroom shower had no place for soap or shampoo while one is bathing, and there are no handrails or grab bars or bath mats for safety getting in or out of the tub/shower. The daytime desk staff were haughty and unhelpful. The night staff often was not there. Big disappointment by a formerly elegant place to stay.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Disappointment in the Litchfield hills"
This once lavish inn is now in disrepair. The attempts at renovations are cheap and make the rooms feel uncomfortable. There are no smart touches in each room to make the stay comfortable and safe--no handle-grab bars in shower, no place to place soap or wash cloth while showering, cheap laminate floors, poor quality unit AC in each room, beds that are too high to climb into very well, uncomfortable mattresses, and a labyrinth of hallways with lumpy carpeting to wind through to get to your room. The staff at the desk were unfriendly and unhelpful. I used to live in NW CT, and this stay tainted an otherwise nostalgic return visit to my homeland.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Nice, but a little pricey"
Was perfectly fine, hotel is nice enough overall, but really needs some updating. Rooms were clean and comfortable but smelled a little like grandma's house. Wasn't exactly cheap either.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
r shane
The hotel was great and my room was wonderful. But most importantly the town of Litchfield is a gem of a New England town. If you want to stay in an wonderful small but charming town, this is it.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015