All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
342 Seaside Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel in Waikiki"
We really enjoyed ourselves at this conveniently located hotel. It was clean and reasonably priced for Waikiki. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a bit small but equipped with everything you'll need, including a refrigerator and a Keurig machine (Suggest bringing your own Kcups or buy some at a store... The hotel provides two regular Kcups, one decaf, and one tea. They do not replenish but offer them at the front desk for $2 each). We had to use the parking garage across the street, which had an in/out deal with the hotel if you paid the daily rate ($24). Pretty steep for parking but it's going rate in Waikiki. We had no problems walking around Waikiki from the hotel and there are ABC stores everywhere for water and snacks. This hotel provides beach towels if needed so save room in your suitcase!
Response by Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Aloha Ange! Thank you very much for your 5 star rating on Expedia. We are delighted that everything went well during your stay and that our property exceeded your expectations. Thank you once again for your kind review and we hope to see you again. Mahalo, Daniel Floren Front Office Manager
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Ange
One should always stay at the best less expensive hotel, like this one, and hang out at the most expensive ones. This hotel will fill that bill very nicely.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Small rooms but a good modern hotel"
The stay was comfortable and rooms, although small, were clean and modern looking. View from rooms in lower floors is not great. When we requested to be moved to a higher floor, the request was accepted which was great. Location of the hotel was the best part.
4 night trip May 21, 2014
Amit
"Downtown leaves something to be desired."
The hotel is very nice on the inside, but the view out the balcony left a lot to be desired. Old run down building across the alley, and grafitti. Be prepared to pay for parking in addition to your hotel stay.
2 night trip May 18, 2014
Lynn
Dirty
4 night romance trip May 15, 2014
"Decent hotel in a really convenient location"
Hotel was perfectly acceptable. The staff were really helpful and the room we stayed in was fine. I was not expecting an exceptional hotel for the rate that we paid and that's exactly what we got. We stayed in room 426 - the view is of a dirty business building next door with balconies, so we just kept the curtains drawn the whole time. The room itself was clean and roomy (enough for the two of us). The bathroom was a little on the dingy side - I didn't think it was dirty, but everything just seemed old, like it could use a refresh. There's also no fan in the bathroom, so it was always stuffy after a shower. The bed is very springy, and the air conditioner was pretty noisy (although it drowned out a lot of noise). Housekeeping also only replaced the bath towels during our stay and we never got any of the smaller hand/face towels replaced, and the empty box of tissue was also never replaced. To me, these were just little annoyances and despite all of this, the location is great. The hotel is a block from the Royal Hawaiian Center and very convenient to the main shopping street.
Other trip May 21, 2014
V.
The location was very good, walking distance to shopping, restaurants and beaches. This is not a boutique hotel. We were disappointed with the lack of quality experience, starting with the size of the room. In room coffee service only provided one day. Some of the staff were unfriendly and detached. Others made an effort to acknowledge their guests. Service did not seem to be a mission statement for this this hotel. Overall, the hotel was more Walmart than Neiman Marcus.
6 night family trip May 7, 2014
"Pleasant stay!"
Friendly staff. Great locatiom the cleanliness of my room each day was Great! The hotel itself was a pleasure to be in! Staff had no problem directing me on my adventures and often times gave a helpful/friendly opinion on which resturant to try! Will definately dtay again! Thanks shoreline waikiki!!! -nicole and Timothy!
8 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Nicole
"One night stay"
The hotel was conveniently located near all shopping and restaurants. The woman that checked us in (unfortunately I can't remember her name) greeted us warmly and even had a package of chocolate covered macadamias sent to our room when she found out we were celebrating our anniversary. We appreciated the coffee, iced tea and other beverages that are available in the lobby. We did not use the rooftop pool, but it did have a wonderful view for picture taking. We would certainly recommend the Shoreline, and would stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Nomad
"I was surprise they charge parking."
Not too happy with the room service. I called 3 times to ask them to change beddings, towels and pick up trash, never came. I called again and told them never mind, we are leaving the next day.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Irmanic
"shoreline hotel"
I had a 10 day stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone. It's great for the price. Room is small, however, you are not in Hawaii to live in your room. They were great on recommendations of places to eat and helpful on directions of where we were going. Only complaint I had was the guy cleaning my room would never clean it, just put towel in. The lady didn't speak English, but cleaned the room. I didn't have a do not distrub sign which bugged me. The parking attendance were great on directions to get to our destination. They got to know us fairly well. The balcony view is not good, however, remember, if you are going to take any tours (bus pick up across street) want to do shopping, everything is right there, including the beach. Literally 1 block. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!
10 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Denise
"Great location & Value"
Easy parking across the street. All the besr shopping, noodle house, within steps. Felt like a Mad Men vibe. Loved the staff and the decor.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Jonzie
"Perfect spot to settle in!"
We had been hopping around Oahu all week and wanted a place to unpack and relax. Shoreline was perfect! It's new and smaller, so we felt welcomed home every day. There was delicious iced tea and coffee pretty much whenever we wanted it, a fridge to store our snacks and beers for the night, the valet parking was awesome (again...small so never had to wait!) and walking distance to all of waikiki shops, restaurants and beaches. Little musubi shop downstairs was adorable (and ono!) I'll be back for sure!!
4 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Jillay
"Clean, reasonably priced with outstanding service"
My wife and I stayed here for three nights at the end of March. For the low rate we paid, we were extremely pleased with the overall experience. This is a very clean, recently remodeled establishment. The rooms were small, but included free water, coffee, wifi, and toiletries with plenty of towels. We received fresh towels every day (even though we didn't actually put our used ones on the floor), and the a/c was quiet. Having to use the card to activate the a/c was a little awkward, but I understand why they do that (no need to run the a/c when there's no one in the room). The hotel has a vibe that adds to the whole vacation experience; the employees were friendly and helpful. Dustin, in particular, helped us with all sorts of tips about the beach and surrounding area. The location is fantastic, about two blocks from the main entrance to the Royal Hawaiian Center, which itself is very close to the beach. Obviously, it's not the Halekulani, and if not having a completely unobstructed view of the ocean bothers you, then perhaps it won't be your cup of tea. However, if you want to keep your costs down, have a clean room with friendly service in a great location, the Shoreline is an excellent choice.
3 night romance trip Mar 25, 2014
"Very Pleasant Stay"
Clean, great l
7 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the beach"
We stayed at Shoreline for 5 nights. Front desk staff is very friendly and highly professional. Location is close to the beach, shopping, car rentals and basically anything you will need. The pool on the roof is of little use given beautiful beaches just minutes away, the view from the roof is also not great. The view from our room was even worth, some old building with a "Thai Masage" poster in one of the windows... Pros: Location Reasonable price Room cleanliness Professional staff Coffee machine in the lobby... Cons: View was not great, not sure about other rooms on the other sides One of the valet attendants was extremely slow, took him like 15 minutes to check in a bike
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
Alex
"Great central location."
This was a nice hotel, with a small roof pool, pleasant staff, close to many attractions.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
a
"Over-all review"
First of all I felt that the room rates were very affordable. Secondly the rooms were very clean and up to standards. It was nice to have coffee, tea and ice water in the lobby free to all guests. Mostly for me was the courtesy, kindness, effeciency and friendliness of the front desk supervisor, Kristy, she was great. She even helped me reconfigure my wi-fi connections on my laptop! She is a great asset to your company. Aloha, Clifford H. (satisfied guest)
2 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Clifford H.
"Cute hotel near waikiki beach."
Great staff. They will take care of you. Free Wif-fi throughout hotel. Breakfast and swimming pool leaves a little to be desired. Overall a solid stay.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Room comfort"
The size of our room was small for the length of our stay with the amount of luggage we had.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
Sam
"I would absolutely stay at the Shoreline again!!"
The hotel was super clean, staff was extremely helpful and it was close to everything within walking distance!!! I loved it!!!
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
"Great location and excellent value for this area!"
All hotel staff super friendly and helpful. Central location easy to walk to everything. Rooms small but good bed and linens. Fridge, coffee maker, microwave, safe and wifi all included with our Queen room. "City view" on floors 8 and lower looks directly into the backside of an older run down building that has some residents and businesses so if you want to have your curtains open or want a view pick a different side or get upper floors. Ideal place for couples or singles.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Anna
The view outside your window is not good. But the roof top pool is small but nice. The hotel itself is in a prime location just on the wrong street. From the outside you would havr second thoughts. The parking fee was a bite high. But all in all nice hotel
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
Sheshe
"Great location!"
The Shoreline Hotel Waikiki is in the middle of Waikiki. You can walk to anywhere. The hotel is located right behind the Royal Hawaiian. The rooms are comfortable, the staff very friendly and helpful. Seaside Ave is a busy street so you will hear traffic noise but the location more than makes up for it! You won't be disappointed!
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Simply Great"
This was a stay for business and it was perfect. The room was available early and it is a prime location for excellent shops and restaurants once the work day was over. The room was very clean and had everything that I needed. The only reason that I didn't give it a 5 for overall rating (while everything else was a 5) was due to the view. Despite the great location it has a less than ideal view. For me this didn't matter as I wasn't in the room to look out but it was the difference between a 4 and a 5 rating. I will definitely stay here again if in Oahu.
3 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"Fairly good."
good in view of its price. and being close to the beach area was good as well.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Nice place to stay near the beach"
It was really a good hotel to stay so close to beach and most of the shopping area. Very clean rooms and excellent service by Tyson and other hotel members. Would definetly recommend.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Arun
Enjoyed the stay. Very clean and nice rooms. Hallways not as nice as the rooms.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
"Comfortable and Affordable"
Pleasant stay. Clean and modern for the price.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"I was expecting a little more.."
I would give this hotel a 3.5 rating for a few reasons: Small rooms, photos in website can be deceiving, and I heard that quite a bit from other customers while we were there. Location is fair, walking distance to main attractions in Waikiki. Customer service was good, attentive, but nothing over the normal for a tourist-oriented place like Waikiki. I don't know, I guess I was expecting more from this place based on the pics, and other reviews I had seen, and let it be clear I'm not a picky person at all.
4 night romance trip Jan 22, 2014
"Reasonably price hotel with good proximity to all"
The hotel staff was always extremely courteous and provided service over and above expectations. Kudos to them. Only issue was that the room was furnished beautifully, however the furniture did not have drawers so that one had to live out of a suitcase. This was not a major problem, but I did just want to mention it. I would not hesitate to stay here again. It is in a great location, close to everything in the center of Waikiki.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Alan
"Great spot!"
The hotel was in a great location, less than 5 minutes to the beach and right in the middle of shopping and dining on Waikiki. Also easy to get to the canal and parks for great runs. The hotel was clean and everything in top notch condition. It was off the major streets so it was pretty quiet too. We'd definitely go back.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Nice interior. Convenient location"
There is really not much in the hotel, rooms are clean, nice interior, AC might keep on after a while.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Nice place, friendly staff"
This was just a nice place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and spacious. It wasn't right on the beach, which wasn't a problem for us. Nothing spectacular about it, but it was a good value and we'd stay there again. (I rated it all 4's because a place have to be really outstanding to get top marks.)
5 night family trip Nov 23, 2013
L&L
Good surrounding area. Most of them are within walking distance. Convenience stores and restaurants are great, close to the beach and close to the International Market.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
btruong
"Best hotel in waikiki"
The staff is extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. We had an issue with the sink, asked about maintenance. Several minutes later, a service personnel was there to address the issue. The hotel staff showed great customer service!
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
Jack
A very nice, simple hotel. The staff was great.
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2013
"Great location! Close to everything!"
We stayed for a week recently & had a great time! Room was very clean & comfy! Please ask about beach towels @ the front desk!
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
Angela & Ira
"Didn't Meet Expectations"
We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Shoreline. The Good: It is styled well - modern design and fresh, light colors. I'm a design lover which I why I chose the hotel in the first place. It's also in a great location for a hotel that is not on the beach and was one of the cheaper options. The staff was very nice and helpful. The Not So Great: It didn't feel that clean, especially in the bathroom. The cleaning service basically just made beds and replaced towels...this is OK but most hotels tidy up a bit more which is appreciated. We left tips too, but service stayed the same. Also, the room was verrry small, as was the balcony (one chair). Not a great view of anything. And while the design was good, you can definitely tell they remodeled an old hotel: popcorn ceilings, stained tile, etc. They also seemed to be very empty, so it would have been nice to bump us up a few floors instead of the 4th. Anything to exceed expectations a bit. Overall, this place was only marginally less expensive than a beachfront big-name hotel with a view. I chose it initially because we didn't need beachfront and Joie de Vivre usually has great hotels, but this one fell below the mark. It's cute, but I'd rather spend a little more and stay somewhere else next time.
4 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Sheela
Great hotel for the price. Great internet Internet connection. Nice location....( grocery stores, beach, bars, restaurants and so on ).
7 night romance trip Nov 9, 2013
K.W
"great location, bad view"
Location is awesome (only way it could be better is if it were on the beach!). The rooms are large for Waikiki and reasonably well-appointed. Only two minor complaints: 1) There was definitely not enough lighting, so it was very dark in the room in the evening. 2) The view was disgusting. The next building over towards the beach has a bunch of balconies facing the Shoreline, and most of them are used to store garbage. Gross. I was on the 8th floor, and if I had been any lower, I certainly would have complained, as my whole view would have been of the nastiness. Was there for work, so didn't check out the pool, but did go to the beach (nice large beach towels provided by front desk). Also, the A/C here is great, and the room was super dry. Overall, decent hotel, but definitely ask for a room on a high floor (which, BTW, don't all have microwaves or fridges).
4 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"It was nice but not worth the cost"
The hotel was nice as were the staff but I didn't feel that it provided great value for money as the room was very small. The location was good for shopping but it was hard to sleep due to noise and the fact the blinds didn't block out the morning light so I'd prefer to be a little further out and either pay less, have a larger room (with a decent sized TV & space for luggage).
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
OzTraveler
"Far from the best"
When I got there the luggage elevator was out of order so I had to lug my luggage up the stairs. On the way down the hall to my room there were a couple of piles of laundry in the hallway. When I got in the room the tv remote did not work. The bathroom was quite tight with a big column in it. You had to keep putting your room card key in the slot on the wall to keep the AC going. Every time I tried to call the front desk the line was busy. I used self-parking which was across the street. When I paid for my parking the attendant told me to give my receipt to the hotel and I would get a refund, but when I did they told me that wasn't true???? There wasn't a whole lot to be happy about.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Malia
"Central to all."
Hotel is central to everything. Top of Waikiki on the corner, Ross, ABC, and Parking across the street. Valet parking in minimal so they fill up fast. When they do, they offer a voucher to park across the street at the trade center. Beach is 2 blocks away. Luxury ave and bus routes are 1 block away. Not the glam view you will pay for on the beach. But for what you save by staying here, you can walk a block to pick any of those places too. Wife and I loved it here. Roof top pools is very clean and usually empty.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Slider
"location great.."
loved roof pool, even tough it is small. they've done a terrific job fixing up what used to be united airlines hotels for flight crews. room wasn't ready when i arrived, but i came in early. lower floors, like where i was, having a stunning view of..a parking garage! but i'd stay there again.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
don
"With walking distance"
Everything we needed to do (eating shopping and beach) was within walking distance from the hotel. We were only 2 short blocks from the International Market Place!
Response by Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Aloha Hector! Thank you so much for posting your comments! We appreciate the 5-stars! Come back again sometime. Mahalo! Brian Aker Director of Rooms
3 night romance trip Oct 14, 2013
Hector Sandoval
"Comfortable home away from home"
The staff was most courteous and helpful with all our wants & needs. We were treated as we were the only ones there. Sanjay went far and away to help with whatever we needed. He is good man! William was also helpful & accommodating.
Response by Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Aloha H Glover! Thank you very much for the very kind words. When our team read your comments we were flattered that you felt like you were the only ones here. Come back again soon! Mahalo! Brian Aker Director of Rooms
4 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2013
"Hotel Rating"
The room was conveniently located to strip and the hotel staff was friendly. Room appeared larger on photos so when I finally saw the room I was a bit disappointed as it was pretty small. Bathroom was also not in the best condition. However, the hotel itself was nice and airy.
Response by Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Aloha Nicole! Thanks for posting your comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the location. It truly is very conveniently located near everything that Waikiki has to offer. My apologies that we did not exceed your expectations regarding the size of the room. Our rooms can be on the small side when comparing to hotels in other cities; however in Waikiki, the size of our rooms is very comparable to the other hotels. Our guest rooms range in size from about 220 square feet for our standard rooms up to 465 square feet for our Junior Suites. I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Shoreline again on your next visit! Mahalo! Brian Aker Director of Rooms
4 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2013
Nicole Fuentes
The staff was extremely friendly. They went above and beyond and always with a smile. the location was right smack in the middle of convenience. walking distance to I think what is downtown. the room was clean and updated with new furniture. PERFECT!!
Response by Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Aloha My! What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for posting. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that everyone went above and beyond and that you felt you had a PERFECT experience! We are looking forward to your next visit! Mahalo! Brian Aker
4 night trip Sep 25, 2013
My
"Great hotel, great location, great price!"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Shoreline. You walk into a modern well furnished lobby and are greeted by some really friendly front desk people. I love that they always have fresh lemon water and coffee in the front lobby as well. Fast elevators and really clean well furnished rooms. Rooms are small but very comfortable. I loved the bed and pillows and this is coming from someone with really bad back problems. I slept like a baby the entire time! Rooftop pool is small but has great views and besides you want to spend most of your time on the beach anyway. But what I really loved about this hotel was the location... Half a block from the beach, high end shopping, restaurants and the big resort hotels. As a lone female traveller, I always felt safe even at night. Overall, really enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay there again. Aloha!
Other trip Oct 9, 2013