All hotels in Madrid, Spain

Food is not good
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
"Excellent location"
Excellent location !!! Its not a 5 star hotel (hostel) but If you want location, this is your hotel
3 night trip Mar 25, 2016
"Christmas get away"
Family trip to Madrid for Christmas, great location in the heart of the busiest plaza in Madrid. Plenty of shared bathrooms that were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was standard for Europe and quite nice. The metro stop was right outside the door. I would definitely recommend this place.
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Rubria
"In the center of things - clean and basic"
Great for a short stay. Right smack in the center of things. It's a basic hotel with few extras but it was clean and the staff friendly.
1 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2015
Orlando
"Cute room"
Loved the location. Noisy but already came prepared.
3 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
Anne
"I like staying here always"
I stay here every year love the hotel close too everything people treat you very good nice breakfast . I had trouble booking hotel hotel .com staff had trouble finding hotel on line my history of booking should. Have helped
14 night trip Sep 1, 2015
Albert
"Convenient place"
The hostel is perfectly located to main attractions and metro lines. The description on Expedia should specify it's a Hostal and NOT a hotel. I love the place, I would stay again at that place. Clean, friendly, and convenient. You get what you paid for.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Paola
"Nice hotel . Close to everything"
Good hotel for the cost and closeby everything. All the time party nearby the hotel .
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Great deception."
This is nos a hotel. It is an apartment building that trasnform a floor in somthing that they pretend to be a hotel to rent small rooms in a very bad condition.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Nice hotel, right in Puerta del Sol."
Great room. I was expecting more of a standard hostel, but I ended up with a private room. There was a television (though I never made use of it), and an AC unit. Great price and great location, totally in walking distance to the Plaza de España, Gran Via, Paseo del Prado, and Barrio de las Letras. And they even give you breakfast!
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
J.N.
"Excelent ubicacion"
So good! Just in the middle of everything. Very clean quiet and nice street view
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"It is a nice hotel in downtown."
The Hotel La Puerta del Sol is very convenient and for the money we paid for the booking it was worth.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Consuela
"Great stay at Puerta del Sol"
Great stay! Beautiful hotel with comfortable, air-conditioned rooms in the center of Madrid.
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Boy Was I Suprised Great Place"
Based upon the rate and the Hostel sign (Hostel) I was really skeptical at first. We stayed 3 nights. Guest were nice. Staff was fabulous and helpful despite my wife's reluctance to share a bathroom, they immediately offered us an upgrade for an additional $20/night. Room was very spacious and comfortable with a Balcony that overlooked the plaza! We had stayed at numerous upscale places/Cities in Spain during the prior week, and for the price and location those were OK but this was really a great place. Plus you walk out your door into the center of Madrid! Beds Good Air Cond Worked better than other places, wireless also worked much much better than other places we stayed ( about six different hotels). I was not bothered by the breakfast selection that was limited because all this was costing less than $90 per night and frankly I just wanted donuts and coffee.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"nice location and nice staff!! great coffee!!"
Nice people staff, great location, batroom and bedroom room.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Diana
"Excellent location at the heart of Madrid"
Very pleased with my stay in this hotel. The price is very good and you receive what they are offering when you make the reservation. It is very easy to move from the hotel to any interesting spot in Madrid, by bus, metro or even walking.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Tica
"Wonderful central location, helpful staff"
The rooms are very basic, but clean, and breakfast is included. We had a room with 2 shared bathrooms right across the hallway. The proprietor, Ricardo, was extremely helpful when we were trying to figure out where to return our rental car, and really went out of his way to help us. He and another woman were very good about answering questions. Oh, and the location is absolutely wonderful, right on the Plaza Puerto del Sol, just a few steps away from a metro stop and walking distance to many sights.
4 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Rima
"Great affordable location"
I stayed 8 nights in late May at the Hostal Puerta del Sol and would recommend it to anyone traveling Madrid on a budget. My room was clean, very affordable and the location was amazing for sightseeing. My room had a private bathroom and given the price point of this property I was recommend this option if available.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Clean, good service and great location"
Clean, good service and great location
3 night trip May 17, 2015
Omar
"Great, simple hostel"
I was in town visiting a friend - there is a sign outside of the hostel that says "Puerta Del Sol Hostal"...so that is the correct name for the place. The location was VERY central and while the hostel is simple and not glamorous, I had a wonderful experience. This hostel is perfect for a "base camp" - it's easy to get to but I wouldn't want to spend all day hanging out in the room. The beds are decent but I had a room with a balcony view of the plaza which was exactly what I wanted out of my stay. It is a great place for privacy and travelers who aren't necessarily looking to mingle with other guests.
3 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Erica
"Puerto de Sol Rooms"
This I guess is value for money but,if you're a person who likes fresh air and sleeps lightly this definitely is not for you. Right in the centre of town, the square the hostel faces is buzzing until about 6:00 am. Great for getting around with a Metro handy and walking distance to much of the city.
5 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Merryl
A very nice hostel, just as expected through web page and comments. I got a very nice deal with a single room with it´s own little bathroom. The room was small, but just what I needed. I could hear absolutely everything the neighbours said and did, as if we were in the same room, but it didn´t bother me. People were normally respectful and active, so no complaint from me. The hostel is also extremely central, right in the middle of everything so it was a great starting point for a short forst trip to Madrid.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"The hostal is located on a very busy, noisy plaza."
When my friend and I arrived, I was very disappointed in the room, but was told that since we had reserved it for 5 nights, we would have to pay the whole amount whether we stayed or not. This was a first in all my travels and I only stayed because my friend was too tired to look elsewhere. There were no top sheets on the lumpy beds--just a comforter that was too hot at night. Crowds gathered at all hours making it difficult to sleep well. The bathroom was quite small, and we ran totally out of toilet paper late one evening--no spare in the room. The breakfast was very spare. On the plus side, the location is close to many museums and parks.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Location, location, location"
The hostel is just in plaza del sol. Room view is worth any price you pay. Good bed, nice bathroom, simple breakfast. Outstanding location. What else do you need?
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Adrian
"Center of Spain"
Great location in hostel with a reasonable price. Helpful staff, when asked for help.
4 night trip Apr 4, 2015
Robin
"This is not a hotel. It's a hostel."
Maybe young kids trying to travel cheap would like this place, but it's not a hotel. I thought it was. The pillows are flat and the bed is uncomfortable. It was the smallest room I've ever stayed in.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price"
The employees were very friendly, some also spoke English, very helpful and kind. Bed wasnt that comfortable and wifi want the best during my stay but overall I would still recommend.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Dezzy
"If you have to..."
Pros: Location (right near the metro), breakfast (ok), staff Cons: Uncomfortable beds, bed bugs, location (area is loud for most of the night), bathrooms
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
A
"Great Hostel"
This hostel is in a great location. It is steps from the metro and has lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The room was spacious and had a balcony. The bathroom was very small but clean. We had a private room and it was a great deal.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
sherlyn
"Nice hostal in middle of Madrid"
We were very happy with our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room spacious and clean, the bathroom adequate, we even had a terrace with view if Puerta del Sol! The breakfast was meager but OK.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Berkley
I spent 8 nights in the hotel. The breakfast was nice The location is excellent in Puerta del Sol
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Manuel
"Excellent location, average hostal"
Great average hostal.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Low cost hotel with door onto Puerto del Sol"
The best thing about this hotel is its location right on Puerto del Sol if you want to be in middle of things. The front door opened onto del Sol and was only steps away from major metro connections. It has some nice rooms with windows overlooking del Sol, but it also has interior rooms overlooking a ventilation shaft. We got the shaft view. As a result our room was dark and cell-like, but this was based on cost.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Excellent location for Tourist on foot"
Located on a major plaza with Apple Store on one end and Metro station (subway) out the front door that will get you to Renfro train station in minutes and anywhere else you want to go as a tourist that is to far to walk. elevator to 4th floor and so only had to walk up 1 floor to my room. Continental BKFT was included at reasonable hours. Walking distance to everything I wanted to see (Prada, Retiro Park, etc.), clean room, comfortable bed and pillow (one long pillow that was width of bed...a bit weird from where I come from but worked for me), brought in a portable heater when I reported the installed one did not work), adequate lighting for reading, flat screen TV (small but I was not there for TV). Room rate very reasonable this time of year all things considered...easy check in and out procedure. Would stay there again in a minute.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
69, Male
"located is the best hostel"
if you are ok with price and need good location. if i had to say something about this hotel. if your next room is really loud pepole you wont sleep at night cause the wall is really thin and i could hear someones foot sounds too the breakfast is not good quality. if you really need a good location i would say this is good hostel. i didnt really care about anything, i just needed to stay good location!
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
tiger
"Location, Location, Location"
Hostal was okay for the price. Best thing is its location in the center of Madrid, essentially Madrid's Time's Square. Watched New Year's from my window. Main issue would be the breakfast which is very basic and never changing, but adequate. A little improvement here would go a long way.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
The location couldn't be better. Although it is an old hotel, it's a quiet and cute place. I stayed here alone for a couple of days, and I would come back here if I get another chance to visit Madrid.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
H
"Center of the city"
Staff are friendly and accommodating.Very safe.If you are taking the Metrorail system from the airport this is located just infront of the hotel. Shopping center, restaurants are very close by. We requestecd for a king size bed but We got a full size one . Madrid is always alive at night until the early morning. Noise is a factor for some but accesibility is my preference so I have to trade of the location.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Renato
"No frills hostal"
Very clean rooms and bathrooms even if you have to share. Helpful staff, excellent safe location. I would stay there again.
3 night trip Oct 28, 2014
DIATREE
"Excellent location!"
I traveled alone to Madrid for the first time and stayed 4 nights. You are literally in the heart of puerta del sol without the noise. I was on the 3rd floor and faced away from the square so the only noises I heard were from neighbors going in and out. The A/C worked perfectly considering it was end of October and still quite warm. The metro is right on the plaza as well. The single room was quite large. I highly recommend it, most people were a little older so not to loud at night. Of course Madrid is for late night Paseos so people coming in late hours is to be expected.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"PUERTA DEL SOL Hostal stay"
We stayed here for 5 nights. Location was good, right in the heart of Puerta Del Sol. The staff were polite, but not overly welcoming. When we asked about bike rentals, Ricardo did not know much. We found Trixi Bike Co. on our own, which was right around the corner. The breakfast was very basic. Beverages, toast, jamon and cheese. Needed some kind of fruit. I'm glad we rented a room with our own bathroom. Public bathroom was right next to our room and we could hear every time someone was using it. The room was on the inside of building, no light coming in. It was stuffy and no air movement, until we asked to run the air conditioner. Do not expect hotel beds, they were single dorm style cots. TV was very basic, all in Spanish. NO sports station. You get what you pay for!
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Okay for all ages."
Plaza Puerta del sol is smack in the middle of where the action is in Madrid, Spain. People of all ages stay here. It is very comfortable and very safe.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Ron
"Basic, but perfect in many ways"
Very basic, but clean rooms in old detail filled building right in center of city. Very, very basic, but perfect if you need a place to stay in city. Make sure you know what you want. This isn't a room to enjoy as a resort. Its a room to enjoy the city from.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
F
Very central location within walking distance to many of the major attractions. The Sol metro is also nearby and is quite affordable. A walk down the Calle Mayor leads to the Royal Palace and the Cathedral. A walk down the Calle Atocha leads to the Museums and the Retiro Park. A very welcoming staff.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"Perfect location"
Walking distance to everything. Clean, small, basic room, nothing fancy. Helpful and friendly staff. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Puerto del Sol Hotel in Madrid"
The hotel was very centrally located, right at the Sol train & Metro station. The elevator made coming and going much easier, since the rooms are on the 3rd and 4th floors. Rooms and facilities were clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Alan
"perfect location"
We were unfamiliar with Spain, let alone Madrid, and this location was absolutely perfect for our 4 day whirlwind visit. We never needed to take a Metro or a taxi to get anywhere. Unfortunately my phone was stolen at a sidewalk cafe and I did't have much command of Spanish. The hotelier was extremely helpful and allowed me use of their phone for almost an hour trying to get through to Apple and my phone company. They were really sweet and helpful.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Experience Madrid Like A Native"
If you want to experience Madrid like a native, this is the place; you will be in the center of all the activity in the area! Building must be about 100 years old, but it is very well maintained. Room has 12' ceiling, typical of the circa 1900 buildings. At the time the building was built, each floor shared a common bathroom and there was no elevator, but they have since upgraded the rooms and added a private bathroom to each room and an elevator in the center of the elegant stairway. The included breakfast was simple but good, could not ask for more. The balcony overlooks La Puerta Del Sol Plaza, the iconic "center" of Madrid. At any time during the weekend, you could see the thousands of people transverse the very large plaza, to be entertained by the numerous street performers, or to have a meal or drink at one of the large number of restaurants and pubs, which can be found in every block surrounding the plaza. Many streets, which connect to the plaza, will lead you to other surrounding plazas and similar content. We did not need to rent a car at all; there is plenty to see, all within walking distance. For other museums and sites, like the Royal Palace, the central park, etc. we took a tourist tour bus which has a stop right in front. Had a great experience and would definitely go back and stay at Puerta Del Sol Rooms.
3 night family trip Mar 21, 2014
"Close to metro - and centrally located!"
Finding the hostel was a bit of a problem at first, but it was easy to get to, and within walking distance of everything we wanted to see. I was really impressed with the Madrid metro system - anything we wanted to find could be accessed within less than 20 minutes from the hostel, and that's just if we needed to take multiple metro lines to get there! I would definately recommend this place! Great rooms. Free wifi. 24 hour tea and coffee! Breakfast included… toast, meat, cheese, butter and jam… tea and coffee and juice… only complaint was the water pressure… but since we usually travel to see the city, we'd definately use this place again!
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Cheryl
This hotel was very bad, because doesn't have bathrooms in the bedroom, I had to pay 100 dollars for take another bedroom, it was a very very bad experience.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
"Right on Puerta del Sol"
Had to stay in Madrid for one night and this is one of the affordable and best centrally located places. Got there early for check in but the staff was very accommodating and expedited a room for me on the 5 floor - they were still cleaning the place. Free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast. Very clean, just the beds were a little like roll away types - but got a quiet room facing a patio. Would stay again !!
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2013