All hotels in Madrid, Spain
Plaza Puerta del Sol 14-4, Madrid, Madrid, 28013, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

Staff was very friendly. Hostel located right in the middle of Puerta del Sol - great location. We were comfortable and very satisfied with our stay. I would return again with a friend or a significant other - either group is great for this!
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Katie
"Fabulous location. Great staff!"
We checked in after a long flight and were greeted so kindly! We were allowed to check in early and needed the rest. Our room was clean and served as a great central place to go see the Prado and all the art museums. Its so central to everything! We walked the whole trip.We stayed 4 nights. Even though on a busy square, our room was quiet. The air conditioning worked great, the staff was very helpful. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a safe and comfortable place to sleep after long days of sightseeing. It's not fancy but for the price, it's a steal!
4 night business trip Jul 17, 2013
Clare
"Nice hostel"
This was my first stay in a hostel, and it was great. No frills, but you get a bed, a table, working bathrooms down the hall, etc. the Wifi is reliable, and the staff are very nice. They have limited English skills if you care about that. They serve an okay breakfast in the mornings. Nice place.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Don
Rms were clean bathrm immaculate...staff friendly...location perfect with sites n metro right outside the door...,can't wait to return
5 night trip Jul 7, 2013
Liz
"Good hotel"
Good hotel, good location and it was on a safe location. The room was ok, but in the night it was rather cold.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"A good location for Madrid"
I spent five nights, four days at this hotel. At first I was nervous because it is on the 4th floor at the Puerta del Sol, one of the busiest places. However, I never heard a thing. I slept well. The owner was simply delightful and funny. She spoke French and English and was most helpful. There was a continental breakfast, nothing fancy but filling for the day's activities. And one of the best things was the location: I was 15 seconds from the entrance to the Metro, one of the pivotal ones. And plus I could walk to many of the places I wanted to see from the Puerta del Sol. It was clean, had a free old computer (it did work) which was free, and inexpensive for Madrid. No complaints.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"great location and value"
Great location, right on the Sol plaza, where there's a metro stop. Efficient room and bathroom, with everything you need. We spent our days and nights walking around the city and this was an easy location to get back to - great value.
3 night trip Apr 4, 2013
"Madrid"
We enjoyed the convenience of the location. The elevator was nice to have. The breakfast was ok. The beds were not as comfortable as I like. Boxsprings would make a difference in the quality.
Other trip Mar 29, 2013
"Perfect location, friendly staff, would stay again"
It was a five star hostel. I have stayed at other hostels while traveling and this one was great, exactly what you would expect (in a good way). Daily: fresh towels, shampoo, soap, plenty of hot water before noon, our guess was most people slept in :), the bed was made and breakfast (toast, ham, cheese, jam, butter, cereal, graham crackers, milk, OJ, water, Spanish coffee). The heater definitely works. We opted for an interior room, but since we spent most of our time out it didn't bother us. We still had windows with a traditional view of Madrid buildings, I studied abroad here and it was a view I was use to, clothes hanging from other floors :) The location was great, we took the metro from the airport and as we exited Sol (c Alcala) we saw our hostel. It was my husbands first time in Madrid (Europe for that matter) and his first hostel stay and he was very pleased. He had plenty of doubt before arriving. Puerta del Sol is busy day and night, well patrolled, we always felt secure at whatever time we arrived to our hostel. Needless to say, we'd stay here again and we recommend it to anyone traveling to Madrid.
5 night romance trip Feb 14, 2013
Magmo SF

"Unlucky"
Not what we expected to be honest. Location was perfect,room to the back of the Hotel [hostal] with very poor light and cramped. we ordered a kingsize bed and received two creaky singles but as the story says,we came we saw and we left, slightly disappointed. Ray y Mary Burke
11 night romance trip Dec 10, 2015
Not Provided
"Value Hostal in Madrid"
value hostal, excellent location, free wifi, okay breakfast
4 night romance trip Nov 11, 2015
Ronald
Great location, fab base.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Good hotel if your not too fussy. Location is great, and the owners welcoming and helpful. Rooms are ok, cleaned everyday.
3 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
ian
"Hostel-style with private accommodation."
Overlooks square with central Sol metro, with tons of restaurants and shops in the old town. Elevator, towels, breakfast with toast, cheese, hams, cereal. Staff are very nice. 24hr key access. Otherwise hostel-style but clean.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
"I will most definitely stay there again."
I went to Madrid for a weekend and I wanted to get a real taste of Madrid. It's a brilliant, vibrant, friendly city. The Puerto del Sol rooms are right in the middle of the city. The rooms are basic but clean, safe & excellent value for money.I could not have wished for more.
4 night trip Oct 1, 2015
"Great location, metro station close by"
Walking distance to Palace, park, museum etc location was perfect Street is lively with people walking around even at 10 pm
Other trip Sep 25, 2015
lynn
"Cheap cheap cheap"
For the price it's great.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2015
"well located and reasonable for the price"
Arrived there at 11pm. square very busy with lots of entertainments.With no clear direction of hotel, it took us about 30 mins to find it. Room well located with wonderful view of square. very basic but clean. Toilet is located in a triangular corner - not ideal as there is very little room. Shower rather small and water not draining quickly so you end up with lots of water and suds at bottom of feet.However, wouldn't hesitate to go there again. Very central to City and ideal for exploration.
3 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Great location but average stay"
The location was really good, close to main streets. The lounge and toilets stunk of cigarettes (very disgusting). The toilet floor was always wet after a person showers. The room was average, nice view & good air conditioning. The shared bathroom was located far from the rooms with no bathroom. Breakfast was very basic, limited choices (2 types of ham, slices of cheese, toast & cornflakes).
5 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Poor quality hotel"
Uncomfortable bed. Requested a king or 2 twins and received a double bed that was almost like sleeping on the floor. The bathroom was so small you couldn't sit on the toilet except sideways. The breakfast consisted of coffee and toast. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Pam
The Puerta del Sol Rooms hostel was in a great location. The room was basic but met my needs, although it could maybe do with some heavier curtains to not let the light in. The breakfast isn't anything to write home about.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Tannah
Hotel is well located in the centre of city. There is breakfast provided on request, beside the meals hours, the restaurant staff would not give any hot water on request. Counter staffs are courteous are helpful on administrate purposes.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Tan
SG
"Great for a young couple."
Puerta Del Sol Rooms was the perfect place for a young couple to stay. It was really clean and tidy, the staff were so nice and helpful and it is located in a brilliant area. The metro is right outside the door, while Sol itself has lovely shops, pubs, and rooftop bars all in walking distance of the Puerta Del Sol Rooms. I would recommend this accommodation and I would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Lovely hotel in the middle of the main attractions"
Value for money hotel, lovely and friendly staff. the hotel is based in the middle of New city that is what people in Spain would say. All the attractions are about 15-20 mins away from the hotel. Market near by is lovely there are also lots of bars and restaurants around as well. Would definitely recommend the hotel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Manpreet
"Puete del sol - hostel not hotel!"
The information on your site is awful. Firstly it didn't say this was a hostel not a hotel. Secondly in this day and age you should tell people that the rooms are not ensuite oh yes and finally on their own site it does mention that it is primarily for gay couples. This was not mentioned on your site. We did manage to get as far as the room before we left and found alternative accommodation I would not recommend this hostel to any of my friends or family and I'm not sure I will be using hotels.com again after this experience. Had we not been able to find alternative accommodation it would have ruined what otherwise was a lovely short break
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice hotel in the city center."
We had a very pleasing experience. The room was nice. The hotel staff was very kind. The breakfast was satisfatory. The location is excellent.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Danilo
"Excelent hotel,close to everything"
I do recommend this place,is very central,breakfast is basic but you can no expect more for what you pay.it is very clean which is a huge plus...I will stay there again when I come back to Madrid.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
D F
"Budget hotel in the heart of Madrid"
The positive: Located in front of Metro and Renfe stations on plaza Puerta sel Sol walking distance from everything. The rooms are on 3rd and 4th (European) floors with elevator. The negative: Do not bother with hotel's breakfast: I can eat almost anything but not this breakfast. The walls are really thin: again I have never complained about noise in the room, but you hear everything around, and doors are really squeaking. The 2 bathrooms were just outside the room and cleaning personnel somehow preferred to clean them after 11 pm. Bottom line- it was a good stay. I wish management improved breakfast menu, fix the doors and change cleaning schedule.
5 night family trip Dec 3, 2014
"Great location, but not clean."
We arrived late in the evening, around 11:30PM. Location of the hostel is great, right in the middle of everything. We're not high maintenance guests and didn't plan to spend much time in our room, so we just needed a clean place to sleep and shower. Unfortunately, the bed sheets had stains and hairs all over them. It was really disgusting. We told the gentleman at front desk about the sheets and thankfully had them changed for us right away. It was pretty late in the evening so we appreciated the prompt service. As for the showers, there was limited warm water but it got the job done. We didn't eat the breakfast in the hostel because it was just some cheese and deli meats. For 1 - 2 euros, we went across the street to Museo de Jamon and got a very good breakfast with coffee. Overall, if you're looking for a cheap place that's close to everything and has running water this is the place for you. Just don't expect much more.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Christina
"Get the suite"
The regular rooms aren't good, but if you get one of the suites with a balcony overlooking sol it's amazing. Clean, spacious and the staff is really helpful and nice. Breakfast was good, nothing fancy. The location can't be beat, literally right in the square!
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
paul
All the staff from reception, cafeteria and room were very helpful and friendly. Very good location and very near train station, restaurants and shopping centers. You can walk around and see a lot of nice places. If i had the chance...i will stay again
5 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Mon & Dolly Soriano
"Great city, Madrid."
I wanted somewhere comfortable and inexpensive, but most of all in central Madrid, and this hostal fitted the bill perfectly. It's right next to a Metro station and all bus routes, including Madrid city tourist buses Ruta 1 and Ruta 1. The room was good, the shared bathrooms were always clean, and the simple breakfast was welcome. Next time I come to Madrid, I will stay here.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Alan
"Simple hotel in the center of Madrid"
We stayed for 11 days in a room with private bath and view of the Plaza del Sol. Best location in Madrid--you can walk to everything. Rooms are simple and beakfast lacks variety , but for the price the experience was unbeatable.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"pathetic"
First of all this is not a hotel, its a hostel, we paid 214 euros for this, assuming it's a star hotel. We booked for 2 days, due to the condition we shifted to marriot for 70 euros a day. We were cheated by hotel. Com ,so don't book this hotel for ever, not worth even 5euros a day
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
ganesh
IN
"Madrid Pride"
I stayed in the Puerto Del Sol rooms for three nights. What a pleasant surprise it was for a hostel. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I booked a single room en suite which contained a double bed. The room came with Air conditioning, toiletries and white fluffy towels changed every day.Continental breakfast served every morning with fresh coffee available throughout the day and night. Over all I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely day there again. Plus its right in the city centre with the metro stop Puerto del sol right outside the hostel.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Monica
Puerta del Sol Rooms is a pretty nice hostel. Family friendly. I personally booked two rooms, but the owner gave us the suite since we were a family of 6. The room had the basics and it was super clean; in addition we had a nice view of Plaza Puerta del Sol. The continental breakfast was good as well. Close to the metro, Plaza Mayor, Gran Via and other points of interest.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Good cheap hotel, utterly central"
Incredibly central - our room had a view of Puerta Del Sol including a demonstration for a referendum (20 000 people filling the square, and the last phases of construction of a new Apple store immediately opposite. With a roll-down shutter and double glazed door to our balcony, it was possible to obtain quiet whenever we wanted. Breakfast was basic but sufficient, and hotel overall was great value. No problem that we checked in at 1:30 am - we phoned in advance.
4 night trip May 30, 2014
"Great Location, Great Service, Great Price"
Booked this hotel for the location only, was expecting it to be poor- was very wrong! Great budget hotel in an amazing location. I room was in the courtyard which was very quiet when thinking about the central location. Good breakfast. Room was very basic (but very good for the price!) but very clean- didn't expect to get what we got for the price. Would stay here again. The staff had excellent English and were very helpful. Thank you for a great stay!
3 night trip with friends May 27, 2014
coolmark1984
"Centrally located budget hotel."
Excellently located on Puerta del Sol this budget hotel is rather shabby but the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the shower hot. The staff were very helpful and the Continental breakfast was very good with a selection of cereal, toast , cheese, ham and salami and unlimited tea, coffee or chocolate. This hotel offers fantastic value for money for anyone who just wants somewhere to stay while they explore Madrid.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Keith
"Relaxed Hotel"
I thought the hotel staff were friendly. There is an informal, relaxed atmosphere and the hotel is brilliantly, centrally located. Breakfast is as much as you want to eat. Value for money. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Howard
"Clean and helpful"
When we arrived for our second stay (we stayed 2 years ago) they upgraded our room and we were able to enjoy the terrace with a view over the square. The breakfast is very basic with toast and ham and cheese or marmalade and tea, coffee and orange juice, but a such a good price it was fine. The staff were always happy to help with any questions about places to go etc. We will be back!
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Ideal location in centre of Madrid.In fact centre"
Ideal location in centre of Madrid,indeed centre of Spain.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
CHRIS
"Worth a stay."
Nice hotel. Staff were real friendly and nice. Would stay again.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
frank
"Lovely and friendly"
Excellent hotel for the price and perfect location, the staff are so very friendly and the atmosphere relaxed. The rooms are clean and well heated in winter. Hot drinks are available throughout the day, and the breakfast room doubles as a lounge space - very welcoming. Would definitely stay again and recommend to a friend.
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
"Great location, you get what you pay for"
The location can't be beat. Easy to get to by subway or train from the airport, train station...anywhere really. The rooms and bathrooms are small and a little dingy but if you're not going to spend time there it's not that bad. I'd eat breakfast somewhere else despite it being included. For a couple of euros you can get much better quality and fresh orange juice at Pans just outside on the left. They do provide soap and shampoo but I'd bring my own
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"budget hotel, good location"
this is a budget in the center of the city. close to metro and sights, restaurants. Includes decent breakfast and internet/one pc available.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
edwin
"Right On the sol square"
It's very near to sol .. So easy to move around and plan for day outs.. Stayed at ensuite double room with city view for six nights.. Lot of noise from the square reaches the room.. But didn't matter for us as we were very tired from the trips of the day and the noise would not affect the sleep.. The ensuite toilet is small and lacks ventilation .. We had to buy a air freshner.. Also the breakfast is very basic.. Overall worth staying owing to perfect location and staff
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
noisy dump
5 night trip Oct 17, 2013
dan
"In the heart of Puerta del Sol"
This is a stone's throw away from Puerta del Sol metro stop. It is a tiny door, with a travel agents sign. Don't make the mistake of walking past it several times, as I did. This offers tremendous value, for the location. It is basic, and an old building. If you're not concerned about staying at the hotel, for other than sleeping and showering, it's fine.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Dr
I was alone and the room was small like I expected, but quiet. The cost reflected that. The shared bathroom was of no concern and my bed was very comfortable too. Someone came in daily and made my bed and changed my bath towel and I did not expect that at all. The breakfast was coffee, tea, toast with ham/cheese and cereal too.. Walk right out your front door into the Puerto Plaza de Sol!!! That was nice!!! I would stay here again for sure but remember, it is a room on the 4th floor (yes, elevator) but also felt very safe with 3 locked doors to get to my room.
3 night trip Oct 15, 2013