All hotels in Rome, Italy
Via Ferruccio 30 Int 27, Rome, RM, 00185, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Little Italy - good location but too hot!!!!"
My girlfriend and I arrived in the late evening to find Rene (the host) waiting to greet us at the door. He was very helpful, advising us on key information regarding the sights and information about transport. While he made us feel welcome we found that the room required a little tlc and required air conditioning especially in the 40 degree heat. You must be comfortable sharing a bathroom and we found that the bathroom off the kitchen was cleaner and less frequently used. Our bedsheets were dirty and we had a few stipulations regarding the overall cleanliness. We would recommend bringing your own towels as the ones provided were nothing short of sandpaper. But the location was perfect for our three night stay however we would not recommend for a longer stay if Rome was to be very hot.
3 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Christopher
Afforfable, central and connected to public transportation. Rene is an excellent host. He is knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. Stay there and enjoy your time in Rome!
4 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
Jose Luis
I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Rome and looking for low cost accommodation - it's definitely worth its price! It was the best hostel I have stayed at so far. Rene, the owner, was very welcoming and gave me and my fiance very useful tips for sightseeing in Rome which you will never find in any guidebook.Thank you so much Rene! I also appreciated the fact the rooms bathrooms and kitchen are very clean, hostel is quiet, there are two nice bathrooms, hostel has only a few rooms which is great because it's not crowded with people. I rarely say that but I felt very comfortable at that place.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Rene was great!! We had a mix up on booking (totally my fault) that I didn't catch until I was out of communication range. He was totally helpful and accomodating. We loved the friendly atmosphere, huge room, and overall homey feel. On the weekend he had his kids helping him, it was a nice family atmosphere, much more personal than a corporate hotel! Plus he had great tips for good deals in the city. We will definitely stay with Rene whenever we visit Rome, and recommend Little Italy to all of our friends!
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
The hotel is very old but the owner Rene is the nicest man you will ever meet. Rene is reason enough to stay here. Dont pass it up!
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
René's friendliness and helpful service were above and beyond the norm. The hotel is simple but perfectly adequate as a place to sleep and rest. I would happily return.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Rene' made the whole visit better than expected by helping make sure my plan to see the sites was optimal. He helped me understand what to do for public transit, and I would recommend this place to anyone who just wants a place to rest. It's not high luxury, but it was exactly all I wanted--I felt like a local instead of a tourist.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Great, classic pension hotel. Just as advertised, with baths down the hall and very cheap for Rome in the summer. Rene provides excellent service, advice and help. Very convenient to the Rome train station, the Colosseum and the roman forum.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Awesome stay"
I stayed at Little Italy for four days and loved it. The owner was very helpful when I got there. The room was large with a tv. The hotel itself is located in a building in an awesome part of Rome. It's about a 20 minute walk to the colliseum and 10 to the train station. It's also next to a huge "Sports" sign, so it's easy to spot. :) For the price you pay, you can't beat it. More privacy than a hostel!
3 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Pat
I enjoyed staying here on my visit to Italy. Rene was able to give me a general lay out of the area as well as a couple of tips for seeing the local sights. I really liked walking down to the Forum and Colosseum from the hotel and the metro stop was right around the corner as well.
4 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2014
Excellent! Rene was very helpful!
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
very warm welcome, and a great great location. 5 minutes from termini and 5 minutes walking to the colosseum. comfortable clean rooms with shared but very clean bathrooms!
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
Only stayed one night and arrived late but there was a warm welcome from Rene.Basic but spotless. Would definitely consider staying there again.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Great location. Value for money. Quiet and safe, even for a lone, female tourist, like me. Close to Termini and subway station just around the corner. Easy link to many historic sites in Rome. The Manager, Renee, is a fantastic host. Would give you a RomeTour 101 lecture within minutes - all you need to go around and enjoy the city. With Renee, you can't go wrong in Rome The place would need stronger airfreshners though, considering that it is just a flat and facilities are shared, not everyone find the the body odour of people from other parts of the world, pleasant. Nevertheless, the place is great, I will surely return there anytime I am in Rome
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"nice place to stay"
Very quiet and clean. Close to everything. Rene was very helpful.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
René is a very nice and helpful person. However, his place is not clean at all. I did not even feel confortable sleeping in the bed. If you want to get hot water, you would need to shower before 8am - or maybe the night before. The location is convenient to walk around the Eternal city.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
If I back to Italy I wiil back to the same hotel
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
It is a bit more Spartan than the pictures seem. But the staff was very friendly and helpful. Shared bathrooms, but clean.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Rene is extremely friendly and accommodating and the room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. The shared bathrooms are very modern, and the breakfast room felt homey. Rene's coffee is excellent, by the way. I paid a little extra for the breakfast, because it was so nicely done, including yogurt, juice, warm fresh rolls with jam and nutella. The location is very convenient, and the value is incomparable. I will definitely be back. The pensione is great, but Rene makes it exceptional.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights in November and found Little Italy easily. We walked from Termini and I must admit we were getting a little worried where we were walking but it turned out to be a pretty safe area, close to the Colosseum, metro station and bus stops. Rene was a fantastic host, helpful and very informative. We had booked a double room which had a small mini fridge inside. The fact that there were two bathrooms was great although we found one had a strange smell. I would suggest using your own towel if you can fit it in your backpack because the ones provided are similar to scratchy cardboard. Wifi was great in the kitchen and the apartment is kept very clean. We had breakfast included (cereal and bread) which is fine when travelling on a budget. We felt safe inside and safe using the lift- an original old roman lift about 1.5m long but it runs all the time and is perfectly fine. A great stay overall for what we paid to be in central Rome, thank you Rene!
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
"Nice bed and breakfast for the price"
The B&B was pleasant. The room was very clean. Rene, the man in charge is wonderful! He was Very helpful and went out of his way to accomadate our needs. The location is nice, easy walk to the colosseum and the little caffe around the hotel are nice.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
Katia
Stayed here for 2 weeks on a recent vacation and it was great. Rene is a fantastic host and really goes above-and-beyond to help you out with whatever you may need while you're in Rome. The rooms are cleaned often and the beds and mini-fridge were fine. Plenty of space in the kitchen if you need it, and 2 full bathrooms so there's no competition over those. I would suggest bringing your own towels though, Rene will provide you with some but they're akin to sandpaper, so if you have sensitive skin, be warned. The location is also pretty good, you're tucked away on a quite side street, so you don't get a lot of foot-traffic, but you are still walking-distance to metro and bus stops, so it's not hard to get into the downtown area. Definitely have a meal at the nearby Vecchia Roma restaurant, they're very well-reviewed and always packed with locals so you know it's good. Ask Rene if you need help making a reservation, they'll never have free tables after 9 pm.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
good location within easy walk to train, subway and Colosseum; Rene very friendly and helpful; Venere info indicated that credit cards were accepted but owner required payment with cash; one of the 2 shared bathrooms smelled musty
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Excellent value for money. The location is very convenient, close to Termini railway station and many of Romes attractions. Rene is a great host, very helpful and service minded, he made me feel very welcome. I really enjoyed my stay at the Little Italy B&B.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
The only drawback is the shared bathrooms but the rooms are big and clean and for mine more than make up for that. Rene is very helpful. I'd stay again definitely
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Rene was wonderful! He emailed with me prior to arrival to ensure I knew the best way to get to the B&B and once we arrived, he met us and answered all questions including making museum reservations for us. The rooms are spacious and clean. Although a/c would have made us a lot more comfortable in the August heat, Rene provided a fan that was greatly appreciated! The WIFI worked great and the location was perfect.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
The host is really nice and gave great tips what to do in Rome, really helpful!
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Rene was very helpful and knowledable about Rome. He maintains a great place.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
We stayed at Little Italy for 2 nights while staying in Rome. It is a close walk to the Colosseum and Roman Forum and is also close to a subway station. That subway can bring you directly to the stop for Vatican City. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Little Italy and Rene was helpful during our visit. I would recommend this to other travelers as a good value.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
The host Rene is very helpful - great service! The B&B is simple and clean in a quiet, nice area with walking distance to all the main attractions. Colosseum is a 5 minute walk away. I highly recommend it!
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
EXCELLENT FIND. Our stay at Little Italy B&B was one of the highlights of our trip to Rome. Rene, thanks for everything!
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Perfect location. Great host"
We had a wonderful stay at Little Italy B&B. The location was great because it wasn't in the middle of the city, so there were very authentic restaurants around both corners. Walking distance to the Coliseum, Palatine, Trevi Fountain, and others. Rene was knowledgable and very helpful when we got there and throughout the stay. The only problem is that it is a little hard to find and the bedroom doors are extremely loud upon opening and closing, so we were woken up by others both nights.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2013
Little Italy B&B was a very pleasant surprise upon my arrival in Roma. Rene, the proprietor, was very helpful and pleasant. I would highly recommend this B&B and will stay there again the next time I am in Roma...also it is in a great location for getting to the historical center and the main train station.
Other trip May 23, 2013
Rene is a wonderful host. Thank you, I'll be back
Other trip May 14, 2013
Overall an excellent value for Rome. Shared bathroom, but we were the only ones staying there at the time. I did not venture out very late, so I am unsure of the neighborhood late at night, but during the day it was fine. Very easy access to the metro, and a comfortable walk to the Colosseum and Termini Train Station. Very helpful staff.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
Excellent value for the price. My room was very spacious, tidy and quiet, also thanks to the modern windows. The shared bathroom (with one other room) was modern and clean. There was a spacious kitchen with cooking facilities and a large fridge. The proprietor was very friendly and helpful and speaks at least 4 languages (Dutch, Italian, English, German). Overall very recommended, if you are looking for an affordable place to stay in Rome not too far from the station.
Other trip Nov 16, 2012
nice stay. quite a lovely accomodation at a good prize. renè was really kind and made me feel at home right away.
Other trip Nov 12, 2012
Little Italy is simple and sweet. The owner, Rene is the best and takes out time to learn about your needs and helps you with a Plan that will allow you to enjoy your stay in Rome to Max. The Bathrooms were clean and rooms were just the right size. Our four day stay with a two year old was very comfortable. All major attractions were easily reachable on foot or via Metro. Best value for the money spent!
Other trip Oct 20, 2012
This really a good place to live in Rome, I recommend all of people visiting Rome to stay there.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
"Excellent example of a Roman B&B"
From the moment we met Rene, our host, welcoming us to his B&B to the early morning breakfast he setup for us even when we had to leave very early on a Sunday morning, the Little Italy B&B was a wonderful and enjoyable experience in the Roman neighborhood just SW of the Roman Termini train/metro station. Rene made sure we knew the important details of the B&B operation and the surrounding neighborhood. He spent about 30 minutes with us the first evening, and checked on us each day to ensure we had what we needed to enjoy the Roman atmosphere. We will definitely return to the Little Italy B&B as it now is a home away from home. Thank you, Rene. Quite a memorable stay.
Other trip Sep 30, 2012

"Cute room with a great host"
We were there just to see the city, so having a fancy room wasn't important to us. We just wanted a comfortable place to stay that was affordable and that's exactly what we got. Little Italy is pretty no frills (except the service, and I'll get to that) and the bathroom is shared, which could bother some people. What really makes this place what it is is Rene, the person who runs it. He is extremely kind and generous with his time, but in a completely unimposing way. He gave us a map and a ton of useful information when we got in, and was available around the clock to answer questions or give advice, either in person, on the phone, or over email. He was also super accommodating with our very late check in. The place is a 10-15 minute walk from the main train station, but is also by a cute square and close to all the sites, so we found it perfect.
3 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Excellent!"
Host was very welcoming. Showed the map of Rome, and explained the routes and prepared to answer any of my questions. He is very approachable and friendly. The room is spacious and clean. It has all that I need. The location is close to the metro station. So it is very easy to go around via the metro. But I chose to walk to most of the tourist attraction sites since they are closeby, and that Rome is quite compact.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2015
Nurina
SG
"Good deal"
Everything is good and convenient. Although there is no 24-hour reception desk, the staff is very helpful and friendly. We could call him when we have problems and he was willing to help us.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Emmy
"Piccolo Italia"
Very cute little place with very friendly and helpful staff. Useful little kitchen too and in a very good location only 15 minutes walk from Termini station.
3 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
CAROLINE
"Great stay in Rome"
It was a great hotel, Rene is an excellent person who helps a lot with instructions and advises. There is just one thing, if you are going with your bath towels great if not, you are be advise that those need a little of softener.
2 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"Very friendly service and nice room"
The b&b little Italy was overall great. Rene the owner was helpful, friendly and hospitable. Two shared bathrooms and five or six suites. It was full but we rarely saw any others so it was nice and uncrowded. Breakfast was simple but filling with everything set out for you at the table. Very happy to have come and will come back
1 night romance trip May 7, 2014
Gillian
"Good for an overnight stay or trip with friends"
We came for an overnight stay after traveling through Italy, before going to the airport the next day. The host gave us a warm greeting, telling us all the essentials and how to get to the airport, which was easy from here! The train terminal is close by, maybe 6-10 min walking. The establishment is basically a 4th floor apartment, made into a guesthouse. Our room had a shared bathroom, there were 2 in total. We really liked the room and our stay, however we would not come back for a romantic trip. This is better for friends traveling, or exploring on your own. Our room and one bathroom had a glass door which made us a little uncomfortable, which made us feel as if we did not have that much privacy. You can't really see through it, but you can notice shades. Not all rooms had this however. The owner was great though, very polite and helpful. There was a full kitchen, and wifi. The area is OK, close to the station, but not in the main tourist spot. It was a good budget choice, and convenient for going to the airport the next day. With a few changes we would have been happy to go back even for a romantic trip!
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2014
"close to Roma termini"
its good to spend couple of nights......
2 night trip Mar 31, 2013
"OK for those on a tight budget"
Although the staff were friendly and helpful,the main problem was that there were only 2 bathrooms, which wasn't enough for 3/4 occupied rooms. It was almost impossible to get in the bathroom in the morning, plus one of the showers broke so was out of order.(One of the bathrooms was also through the kitchen) The room is fine, and the B&B is in a quiet area, an easy walk into town/ near to metro station.There is a very small lift which takes you up to the B&B- not recommended if you have a fear of tiny,old lifts!
Other trip Oct 6, 2012
Betty

Rene is a very kind and helpful host, we were welcomed with great hospitality. Highly recommended.
3 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015