All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
3932 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS, 66103, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

4.8
"Had a very good stay and would recommend it"
Had a very good stay at the hotel and it is a clean, pleasant environment. My less than perfect ratings on the room comfort are due to the sparseness of general amenities like available towel rods/racks in the bathroom and sink bowls set back to the wall so far that it is difficult to wash one's face well. Another discomforting thing is the slamming of the neighboring doors. There is nothing to slow down the swing of the door, so even while not intentional, the doors slam shut. Maintenance really should look into hinges that slow down the shutting of the doors. It would greatly help in getting a good night's rest. Otherwise, it is a safe hotel and does a good job of security while the area it is in has some crime issues, like all cities.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2015
Lynn
"Great Location for Business"
This is a great location with easy access to downtown as well as the plaza without the usual high rates that come with destination properties.
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
Stephen
Everything was great except for the pool, which was green and nasty!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Clean and restful"
Thank you for providing a clean, comfortable and restful place to stay while I was in Kansas City consulting with a client. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
"Handy location"
We always like Holiday Inn Express - good value for your money. Only complaint was the beds were really hard and the pillows too big. Breakfast had a nice selection of items. we were unsure of the location when we booked but it turned out to be very convenient for us.
1 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2015
"Doctor apt"
very comfortable bed & pillows
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"four day get away"
Staff was very friendly! Room was clean and comfortable.Location was great close to a lot of great things to do.
3 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
Rebekah
"Kansas City, KS"
We had a great and relaxing time and very close to a lot of attractions!
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Kansas City Stay"
We stayed three nights. The hotel rooms are on third and fourth floors and you can only access these floors with your room key in the elevator. We felt very safe even though we were just across the street from the KU medical center. The room was clean and up to date. Nice walk-in shower. Breakfast was exactly the same each morning. The location was about half way between downtown and the Plaza, even though it is just 2 blocks inside Kansas.
3 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"weekend stay"
All I can say is 2 thumbs up, this had to be the best hotel stay I've had in years. I will most definitely be back very soon
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Jessie
"Nice place to stay"
All of the staff was very friendly and very helpful anytime we asked for help, recommendations or directions. This hotel is basically brand new and super clean. We would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Excellent choice for KUMC appointments"
Excellent choice for appointments at KU Med Center. Several choices for food within walking distance. We requested a room on main floor, close to breakfast and with handicapped toilet. They met all requests. Will definitely stay here again for subsequent trips.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
"Parking accomodations shoud be better"
Long way to Parking your car
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
"NASCAR Weekend in KC"
Came to KC for the weekend for the NASCAR races. Really enjoyed the weekend and the hotel was certainly part of the good time we had.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Only one night in town..."
Excellent location; easy access to downtown
1 night trip May 9, 2015
The hotel was very clean. We were very pleased.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
"Good overnight stay for a concert."
Not the best sleep away from home I've had, but was a very comfortable, welcoming environment. Neighborhood was a very little bit sketchy a few blocks west, but everything else was well lit and friendly.
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"Happy happy happy"
Had to go to KU Medical center for some testing and this hotel was perfect. Location was great. Very very nice hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Free breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Kady
"Slamming Doors"
The hotel was beautiful, staff was great, pool was fun...however, if you want to get a good night's sleep, forget it. The doors to the rooms have nothing on them to prevent slamming when closing. Everytime someone would go in or out of their room, SLAM! This was really great when the late nighters came in at 1 a.m. and even better when the early bird were up and out at 7a.m. We were there for 2 nights and got a total of 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep during the night.
"Great hotel to stay in Kansas City"
The hotel was great and the awesome that breakfast was included. The only thing I would recommend is turning the pool into a large hot tub as the pool is way to same to enjoy. Also improve the breakfast service as I don't think the staff could keep up filling the food with the amount of guest that are there.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"LOVE the contemporary decor!"
We were in KC for college visits. The Holiday Inn is beautifully decorated and well maintained and there is free parking behind the hotel. We were conveniently close to UMKC and the plaza, but not in the middle of it all. I would definitely choose this hotel again!
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"Good hotel close to KU Medical school"
This is a nice hotel close to KU Medical school. It is an easy drive to all the sights of Kansas City, MO. The hotel is on the upper floors of the building. This reduces traffic noise. There is a small gym and a small pool, both were clean and in good condition. The rooms were clean, in good condition with large bathrooms. The breakfast buffet is better than average for included breakfast.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Chrissy
"Best stay ever."
My wife and I stayed there because there where no rooms close to the convention center during a trade show that attended. I was over joyed when I arrived! It was just close enough to where we had to be and far enough away to avoid the typical trade show hassle. My wife who is very particular about where she stays. She asked if we could stay there again for pleasure.
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
did not know that you had to climb 5 flights of stairs every time you had to go to car, the beds were hard and the pillows felt like they were filled with bing bag filling
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"weekend family getaway"
great room and hotel. only complaint was that the pool was very cold, but they did turn the heat up once we told them.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Very Good"
Easy to get to and a nice area of town.....Easy access to surrounding areas of interest.....
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice hotel - rooms were very clean."
We stayed at this hotel during our trip to Lego Land.
The Staff was helpful and very friendly. I would definately stay at this hotel in the future. We take my mom to KU Med Center several times a year and it is perfectly located across the street. The continental breakfast is very good. I only have good things to say about this hotel. Food and Convenience store within walking distance.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great place, great staff - very poor gym equipment"
The staff and hotel were excellent with one exception. The gym equipment was in the terrible condition so do not plan a workout on site.
2 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
patrick
I really can't complain about anything. Room was good sized, clean, and brand new. Plenty of parking and close to the door.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Curtis
Everything seemed clean and new. Front desk clerk upon arrival was excellent with a good sense of humor. Room was very clean and modern. Only down side was that the pool was shallow everywhere. The kids still had fun in it though. Overall great experience!
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Clean and friendly"
The room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, and location was great! We have no complaints and would stay again. Mrs B who helped in the breakfast area was wonderful :) great place to stay!
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Beautiful room, great location, highly recommend!"
We stayed here for the night for our anniversary. We liked that it was walking distance to the restaurants and bars on 39th street, and a short drive to the Plaza and Westport areas. The hotel was impressively clean and stylish. Staff were pleasant. Our room was a king suite, the bathroom had a tiled walk in shower and granite countertops for the bathroom sink and coffee bar area. Nice modern furnishings. The bed and pillows were SO comfortable! For the price I feel like we got a great deal on our room! Parking was convenient and the area felt safe, a security guard was always monitoring the parking lot when we were coming or going. And the 24 hour 7-11 downstairs was very handy! The noise insulation isn't great as we could hear the maids quite clearly in the morning up and down the hall, but I expect that in a hotel with this setup. We didn't eat the breakfast so I don't know how that rates, but for the accommodations, price, and location I give it 5 stars!
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Jennie
"Great Place Close to Hospital"
Great hotel that is close to doctor appointments and hospital. Very clean hotel and friendly people.
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2014
Enjoyed the stay at Holiday Inn Express. The bed was very comfortable and the room was squeaky-clean. Will stay here again while in Kansas City.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Orlando
"New hotel, lots of potential"
In general I would recommend staying here if you are needing something close to KC downtown and don't want to stay downtown. But if you are looking for a usable pool for adults, look for something else. The reason I didn't give it higher marks is for two reasons: 1) I booked this hotel because it was advertised with an indoor pool but the pool depth was 2'9" from end to end, and 2) the breakfast area was not properly staffed for the number of guests -- many of the items would run out and it would take 30 minutes to get them restocked including staples like coffee. I'd stay here again but I will compare it to others more before booking.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel"
Very new and modern. Close to attractions that we wanted to see. The walls were a lil thin, so you heard quite a few things in the night. Otherwise it was great!
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
LC
Just came for one night for business. Used it for a place to sleep.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Overall pretty good
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
Brianne
"Visiting Friends."
Our daughters enjoyed your pool and the location was excellent!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Hotel for Haunted House Trip"
The room was very comfortable. My stay was great until 7 a.m. The walls are paper thin and we heard every voice, every door shut, every house keeping knock, and every vacuum cleaner in the area rooms. I was free to stay until Noon, however, I left before 11 because of the noise.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Nice Stay"
We were not there very long, but all the employees greeted us with a smile, Miss B helping with breakfast was very nice, breakfast was great, and checkout was fast and easy! I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Dee
"Great hotel for business trips"
I will definitely be staying here again.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Clean smeling room"
The king bed provided a wonderful sleep. The insulation between rooms must be good as we felt very insulated from noise. Morning breakfast was very good. I noticed the carpeting everywhere was spot free, a dead giveaway of a not so good motel. Thanks for a good 3 day stay.
3 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
LT
"Close to my daughters home"
I will definitely stay here again. Everyone was very friendly.The rooms were nice and clean. Overall, a pleasant experience.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2014
"Easy Acsess to KU Medical"
Staff was excellent, The room was very clean and comfortable. Good food was with in walking distance. The breakfast was superb with staff offering assistance for everything. We had to visit the surgery center and it was very easy to walk across the street and straight thru to the surgery center.. That was very important to me as I don't walk well and need assistance, so the 2 minute walk thru the admin building was very impressive and helpful for me.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Nice place. Slot of public traffic on foot wandering parking lot and smoking sres. Othrrwise nice and comfortable
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel - seems like it's either a relatively new building, or has been recently renovated. Room was in great condition, clean, and close to main dining locations. There's a 5-Guys burgers and a 7-Eleven on the first floor. I don't recommend that you eat at the burger joint. I would return and recommend to anyone for both business or personal travel.
2 night trip Sep 8, 2014