All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1530 Calle Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Clean, convenient, and comfortable"
We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites for one night on our way to Southern California. Easy on and off access from the freeway and short drive into town. The room and bathroom were spacious and the breakfast was excellent. Fine for a short stay and easy access to shops and downtown SLO. Although next to the freeway, traffic noise was not an issue.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2013
"Excellent stay!"
This hotel was very clean, nicely furnished, with helpful staff. I am super picky and a little OCD when it comes to hotels, and this one passed every test. If you knew me, you'd know that means a lot! The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom very clean. The room and bathroom were both well lit, ie: they weren't trying to hide any stains or mildew, everything was beautiful! Breakfast was great, too. Pool is small but still enjoyable. There was a gym, but we didn't have time. It is close enough to Cal Poly that the drive takes about 5 minutes. Easy! The only negative was I couldn't get wi-fi in my room for my iPad, but I didn't pursue a resolution (too lazy), and I'm sure if I had they would have taken care of it right away. All in all, an excellent stay!
2 night trip Jul 14, 2013
"clean and nice location"
We visited the pool and spa, both very clean. Breakfast was varied and area was clean. Food was restocked quickly and everything was cleaned quickly. Room was nice, very clean.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Vicki
Very pleasant.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
Else
The hospitality. The staff was extremely helpful.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
"Great Location, very comfortable and clean"
We spend the day wine tasting in Enda Valley and were very pleased to have a very comfortable, affordable and clean place to spend the night. The front desk staff were super friendly and helpful. They gave us a great recommendation for dinner in SLO which was close and delicious. What a cute town. We were very happy with our stay but would recommend that breakfast be improved as it was pretty inedible. The "eggs" are kept in a warmer and looked like they came out of a box. Same with the "potatoes". The rest of the "food" was the typical colorless, tasteless fare that is usually offered at cheap hotels (stale bagels and low fat fruited yogurt). If Hampton Inn could find a way to really improve the breakfast, it would make the hotel really stand out.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"A very pleasant quick stay."
The hotel was very clean and appears to be newly built. The staff was very friendly and helpful and even under pressure with a long check in line, the staff member, Marlene, maintained her composure and great attitude and gave each person her full attention. Most important to me was the assurance that in addition to the sheets, the comforter cover is clean for every new hotel guest. Finally!
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Crystal
"After a long drive..."
We left the SF. area early and drove leisurely on the Pacific Coast Hwy. stopping to enjoy some of California's iconic coastline. It was a good road trip but we were ready for dinner and a peaceful night. This hotel was an place to land! Great two-double room: very clean and quiet. Would definitely check out Hampton Inns again.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Roadtrip Tutu
Stayed two nights. Hotel is fairly new so it's super clean. Pool is indoor which is nice for this area because it can get windy. Hotel is close to Avila and Pismo but priced much lower than hotels there.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Brand new hotel "expectations""
This hotel is brand new so my expectations of a Hampton Inn were very high. It was very disappointing in regards to BREAKFASTthe hot tray was "basically empty" on the first day of my stay, and luke warm on the 2nd morning. I choose Hampton Inn over other choices because their breakfast and comfort. If you stay at this hotel, plan breakfast out!
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2013
"Great & clean place to stay w/friendly staff."
I had a wonderful experience at the hotel. The only downside was that the indoor swimming pools heater was not working & I was looking forward to swimming the few days I was there.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
"loved it"
we got what we had ordered and this was my first time using expedia so it was awesome to see no issues.
jennifer
"Pleasant stay, but not quite what we expected"
We reserved a suite with a king sized bed, but when we got to the room we realized it was a regular room with two beds. We called the front desk and they asked us to return for a different room. They blamed the mix up on Expedia, but our itinerary clearly stated the room type. The next room we got had the king size bed, but was still not a suite - at least not the accepted definition. A suite has multiple rooms. We gave up at that point.
"Nice hotel for SLO"
Hotel was clean, easy to get too (right off the 101) and for a quick 2 night stay in SLO worked out great. The jacuzzi was hot and worked great and the staff was nice enough to let us use it after it was supposed to be closed. The free continental breakfast had mini cheese omelets, waffles and french toast sticks....a very nice departure from the usual boring fare. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Good hotel. Only problem was the air conditioning in the room... it was so noisy that it made it difficult to sleep without ear plugs!
1 night romance trip May 11, 2013
Catherine
"Nice hotel but horrible curtains"
This hotel was really nice and clean, I can�t complain about that. However, we stayed on the second floor and the lights from the parking lot were practically in my face all night. I tried to close the thick curtains but they were fixed and could not be moved. The other curtains were see through. That ruined my night because I could not sleep. If you are one of those people like me that have to have a dark room to go to sleep I don�t recommend this hotel. When I left the hotel I looked up and noticed that all the rooms are the same not just mine.
Other trip May 13, 2013
Liz
"Very satisfied"
The hotel room was extremely clean and the location was ideal for my needs. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the buffet breakfast. It was just okay. Thank you for a wonderful stay though. I was very pleased/
2 night trip May 8, 2013
Jacqueline
The hotel was convenient, comfortable and clean.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2013
"Perfect stay"
We stayed for my husbands business with our 1 year old son. Hotel staff was very friendly. Very clean hotel, smelled very nice, not musky at all. Breakfast was very good for continental.
2 night business trip May 3, 2013
Madison
"Was very close to CalPoly and loved the room"
My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel and felt safe and the room was very clean and comfortable. Plenty of towels, blankets and pillows. Will stay here again.
Other trip May 6, 2013
Brenda
Clean room w/ comfy beds. Indoor pool was great--plus temp of water was great for adults & kiddos. Hot tub...ahhhh Nice restaurant next door that will do takeout.
1 night family trip May 3, 2013
Steph
"Terrible housekeeping!"
The Inn was very nice when we arrived. The staff was courteous. Our room floor was filthy, hair and debris but the rest of the room was lovely. Very nice indeed. The desk said they would clean the floor in 30 minutes while we were out to dinner. When we arrived back, they staff had wiped the bathroom floor and skipped the entire main entry floor which was still filthy and full of hair and other debris. I let it go. Next day, my husband didn't feel well and stayed in bed until 3pm. When I asked for housekeeping to give us towels and sheets once he was up I was told there was only 1 person working the ENTIRE Inn on a Saturday. I asked for the linens and towels, then did it myself. I then went to Target and bought cleaning supplies and cleaned the bathroom finally...myself. I also had to buy a bar of soap because thy didn't have any shower soap.
Other trip Apr 18, 2013
Kimberly
"Comfortable stay"
This is a relatively new hotel, so everything was clean and tidy. Our room was very comfortable and we had a good sleep and breakfast in the morning. It is a few miles away from the town center, but with a car, there is easy access to the main road into town.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2013
"A great place to stop."
The hotel was just what I was looking for: cleanliness, friendly front desk, easy location right off the highway; nice bathroom with plushy towels; nice breakfast/community room. Overall, I and my colleagues give it a thumbs Up! Great job, would return again.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2013
J McSorley
"Greate hotel for family!"
It was a great experience staying at this hotel. Easy to find it, right beside fw101. Indoor pool and Jacuzzi were nice and clean. We enjoyed it. Wishing they could open the pool/Jacuzzi earlier time than 9am... wanted to relax before the breakfast. Complimentary breakfast (buffet) was ok ( there is no meats like bacon, sausage, ham... only simple scramble eggs, potato, fruits, waffles...). Overall, the hotel is new and nice and clean. I recommend to stay here if you have a choice.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
MT
"Nice Family Stop!"
We only stayed here for less than 24 hrs but the room and surroundings were excellent. Clean room and clean sheets is all you can ask for. They have a pretty nice breakfast buffet in the morning which is nice. I defintely would stay there again. The price was the best I could find at that area.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2013
Keithko
"Wonderful stay. Great service."
I'm rarely satisfied with hotel stays, but loved this one. Very clean. We requested a crib after we checked in around 9 p.m., but front desk person prepared it for us immediately. Very good service! We stayed many hotels in SLO in the past, but we will stay at this hotel from now on.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
Mom of two
"Perfect to check out the town and University."
The hotel is perfect for a quick stop over. It is clean,close to downtown, and offers a pretty good breakfast. Exactly what we needed while checking out the town and School.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
Loved it and will stay there again, hopefully longer next time.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"Business Trip"
Not as close to the airport as I thought but not an awful drive either. Typical Hampton Inn. they are a very consistent brand which is why I stay with the Hilton properties quite a bit.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2013
"One exit from Cal Poly!"
Very nice, easy access, hot tub and pool, free breakfast what could be better??
Other trip Mar 21, 2013
"Comfortable home away from home."
Good breakfast and service. Room very clean and spacious.
4 night romance trip Feb 17, 2013
"Almost great.."
This is a very nice, clean, and comfortable hotel. The room was great, perfectly comfortable and attractive, with the only drawback that we couldn't get the a/c unit to stop blowing cold air. The included breakfast was very good, and the large breakfast room was nice. The fitness center was small but modern and very nice. Only other real complaint was the parking lot was tiny, and there no empty spaces upon our return from dinner at 10pm. There is a second lot behind the hotel, only accessible by driving around the block, which was dark and deserted. It wasn't even clear whether this lot belonged to the Hampton, and I didn't feel safe parking there. The front desk staff, though otherwise quite friendly, wasn't very helpful when I went inside to ask where guests were supposed to park when the lot was full, and in fact did not even mention the lot in the back, so I still wonder if it's part of the property or not. Luckily a group was leaving the hotel and I was able to take their parking spot. This issue needs to be addressed. Otherwise, our one-night stay was great and we would stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 17, 2013
I enjoyed the nice decor, cleanliness, and overall enjoyable experience. San Luis Obispo is awesome.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Adoud
"nice comfortable stay."
nice comfortable stay.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2013
Best hotel I have ever slept
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2013
"Great hotel for family and business."
I have rated this hotel a 5 based upon my expectation for this type of hotel and price paid. Obviously, it isn't a Four Seasons, Ritz, Fairmont, etc., but was very please with the room, bathroom, room, comfort of bed, tv and the free breakfast was very good considering and with plenty of variety for this type of hotel. The gym was very clean with modern equipment and the pool was well heated!
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
Hotel was excellent however getting to it was a bit of a challenge. The road alignment coming from the north on US 101 was not clear and we ended up getting back on the freeway and had to go some distance to return. All this was not the fault of the hotel. Otherwise our overnight stay was quite satisfactory.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2013
"Happy in San Luis Obispo"
As an airline employee, I stay in a lot of hotels. This time I was with my two boys on a fun trip to SLO. The hotel was wonderful...new, clean, friendly, and a good variety at breakfast (protein!). I chose the hotel because it was a reliable Hampton Inn, but also because of the indoor pool and jacuzzi for my boys to play in. The hotel is not right in town, but not far either. We had a car so it didn't matter to us. It is located next to a freeway off ramp, but i never heard the freeway (had a/c fan on). This hotel would be a fine choice.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
"Good Price and Nice Breaksfast"
Nice play to stay. Cheaper than the Mariott across the street. Plus, you get a free breakfast (waffles, scrambled eggs, etc).
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2012
"wonderul place"
wonderful place, so clean and confortable. near of the city, comertial centers... Perfect
Other trip Dec 21, 2012
MIG
"Quick but pleasant visit"
We were only in the area for a day to visit family, and we had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, but the user reviews sold us. Even though we were there for only a day, the hotel and room were wonderfully comfortable. We did not have the breakfast that was offered but checked it out before we left and it looked substantial. We will consider this location for future travels!
1 night trip Nov 22, 2012
Marc
"Great place!"
Excellent new clean room, noce breakfast. Helpful staff!
Other trip Oct 6, 2012
"Nice hotel in SLO."
Nice hotel. Very clean. Friendly staff. We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, while enjoying our weekends in SLO. The continental breakfast was great. The only concern that we had is that we had noticed that a couple from a neighboring hotel came to our hotel to enjoy a free breakfast.
Other trip Oct 5, 2012
Mika
"Weekend stay"
I read the reviews and took the advice to get a room on the 'quiet' side of the hotel away from the highway. The room was very spacious, 10 foot ceilings and extra room for a sitting area made it feel much larger than a standard hotel room. The hotel is nearly new so the bed was new and comfortable. The shower was a nice surprise with a walk-in shower instead of the normal 'tub' type shower. Large glass door instead of curtains were a good touch. The only complaints I had were as follows: first my reservation was wrong - the desk person put us in a handicap accessable room, I called to change it and was told she couldn't because my Expedia reservation was made that way and she didn't know how to change her system. I had to go down to the desk and show her the printout from the Hotels.com (not Expedia) showing it was a standard King room. The room was changed at that point, but annoying they couldn't do it over the phone. Probably wouldn't have changed us out if I didn't have a printed receipt. The second item is the thermostat, which has a very bright blue light that cannot be dimmed or shut off. So bright I had to put a piece of cardboard over it so we could sleep. The manager knew of the problem but had no solutions but at least apologized. But overall this is a nice hotel and we would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"Nice stay but..."
We were on a family vacation with our two young children, taking them to the beach for the first time. The room was modernized and nice and the complimentary hot breakfast was great, one less meal to spend money on. But... They could use some more children's tv channels and the customer service could use a little improvement! We checked out on Monday and that evening when we arrived home I realized in the chaos of packing up my family's belongings, and two young children, I had left one of my shoes in the room. It took until Thursday to get an answer and the front desk person said they didn't have it. I called back and requested a manager. They transferred me to a voicemail on which i left a message and i soon got a call back from Rachael (who apparently is not the manager). She had found my shoe and a top of my sons that we didn't even know we had left. Thank you SO much Rachael for going above and beyond your job description to help me out! Unfortunately had to lower the rating because it shouldn't have taken that long to get a response and if I hadn't called back again I would have never got my belongings back.
2 night family trip Sep 22, 2012
"Great hotel with a slightly inconvenient location."
If I could give a 4.5 star rating I would. My wife and I had a fantastic experience at this hotel. Our room was immaculate and all of the staff were very enthusiastic and friendly. Pros: + Very clean room. + Great staff (very friendly and professional) + Awesome breakfast (waffle makers, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, cereal, pastries, yogurt, fruit, milk, juice, coffee, tea, bread, muffins, etc). + DirectTV with plenty of channels (HD on a lot of them) + Large Jacuzzi and moderate size pool. + Decent water pressure (even on the 4th floor). + Free cookies at the front desk in the afternoons. Neutral: - Rooms were a little on the small size (still a very reasonable value though). - The hotel is on the outskirts of town so you'll need to drive for food and . Cons: - The location of the hotel is close to hwy 101 so you can faintly hear the traffic when AC is on. Tips: - Go during a weekday. We had the pool and Jacuzzi all to ourselves! - Check around for deals before buying. We got a deal at Expedia for 10% off each night. We'll definitely consider staying here again when we're in the area.
Other trip Sep 27, 2012
The access road for the hotel was difficult to identify and I ended up heading south on 101. Missed my cookie at the registration desk. Good experience overall.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2012
"near college"
It was a clean room and great spread for breakfast. We were upgraded to a larger room which was nice.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2012
"Poor Staff"
We had a confirmed reservation for a king room. Confirmed with the desk that the room they gave us was a king. Went to the room and it was 2 queens. Went back to the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do for us. Very disapointitng considering I am a hiltonhonors memeber and a hgvc member who stays at Hamptons as my first choice
Other trip Sep 15, 2012