All hotels in Vienna, Austria
Herminengasse 12, Vienna, Vienna, 1020, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient location especially by bicycle."
The area is near good eating places and is serviced by the free bicycle service. During our stay we cycled almost everywhere. It was still cool in mid June and the apartment was not hot. We did not see any air-con unit. There was no washing machine in the apartment but it was available at 10 Euros per wash at the second level.
3 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
Catalina
"Great location and owners"
I enjoyed my stay at the Old Vienna Apartments very much. The apartment was located in a nice neighborhood about a 2-minute walk from the nearest subway station with easy access to nearby stores and restaurants. The price was affordable, my room was clean and tidy upon my arrival, and the hosts were very prompt in answering my questions/concerns throughout my stay. I would certainly recommended the Old Vienna Apartments to others traveling to Vienna.
9 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
If a ever have the chance of coming back I will go there. It was truly perfect, and I have recommend it to many friends!
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Good location, very close to the metro. The room was comfortable and clean.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Very quaint but close to the action"
Lovely place. Very easy to get to center of the city. The only drawback is that there is noone to directly speak with. All communication is via email... although, the owners are very responsive (reply within a few hours if not sooner)
3 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Justine
"Family Trip"
We had a great time and loved the apartment. We would recommend it to anyone.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Chad
"Cosy one-room apartment."
The apartment was pretty nothing bad, but nothing good. We stayed in a small cozy one-room. I felt like I was in my own apartment. This implies many things. The furniture was all IKEA, which means that I like it, but it is cheap. We could hear some noise from bed, but on the first day only. It seemed that WIFI didn't work properly when it was connected, but we didn't have any problem in using WIFI. What we didn't like was that the room was not cleaned everyday, and towels were not replaced everyday. We needed to ask them to give us more towels and we got. The room was not sound-proof. There is no receipt front, so we need to find keys following the instruction they sent us by email. It took time for us, but it was interesting.
4 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2014
"Nice Place to Stay"
The owners were very accommodating and helpful, and the location was very convenient. My only suggestion would be to have a little better chair for sitting. Basically we were very pleased and it certainly met our needs and expectations.
7 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Traveler
"Great quiet option"
We really enjoyed our stay. The room, although small, had a kitchenette which allowed us to cook a couple of meals while we were there, always good for your wallet as well as your health! Even though the apartment is just outside of the "core district," the metro stop is just at the end of the street and the metro comes every 5 minutes like clockwork. Getting anywhere is an absolute breeze. We bought the 3 day metro pass for €16 and it was well worth it. The laundry option was fantastic although the wash and dry combination takes about 4 hours so make sure you plan accordingly. Overall, the room was quiet, clean, and functioned very well. We highly recommend this option.
3 night romance trip Jul 13, 2014
"Very clean, comfortable and central location"
This apartment is located just 3 minutes from the next subway station. High ceilings, friendly and bright rooms, modern bathroom in a historical building. Very good internet connection helps to stay up to date with family, friends and the business. The supermarket is about a block away, opens an 7:30 am with fresh baked bread, fruits and everything you might want for breakfast. There is almost no traffic on the street, at night it is so quiet that you hear the footsteps of the few people walkig the street.
Martin
Fairly basic apartment, but in a great location close to the metro. Good facilities in the neighbourhood. Good value for money. Good welcome from owner. Thank you.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Immaculate one bedroom efficiency apt. Self-service after check-in. Owner very friendly & has helpful maps for stores & restaurants in the area. Tiny kitchen, would have been hard to cook in, but great for breakfasts or light dinner of fresh cheese & bread we got at market(& other goodies), for evenings when we'd already had a big lunch & wanted to tuck in early. Good neighborhood, not part of touristy Vienna, but easy walking to the sights. Great way to see Vienna & then come back to your cozy "home".
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Apartment living in Vienna"
The Old Vienna Apartment was a fantastic place to stay. It is on a quiet street right across the bridge from the city centre. It could not have been closer and more convenient to the ubahn! We were there a while and paid for use of a washer and dryer which was a great help. It is a short walk to a good selection of restaurants, bakery, grocery store etc. I got this from the internet just by looking at a map and reading reviews and it was one of my best choices in over 20 years of traveling. The owner was very responsive to emails prior to our arrival and helped with everything we needed after, but also left us alone too, which is nice. I highly recommend this place to someone looking for a good value hotel that won't break your budget but is also pleasant, clean and convenient!
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
traveler
"This apartment is nice for short stay"
Very nice for one person stay. I was arranged in a room on ground floor, with has a small yard. Very clean and has a laundry room for extra 5 euro. The staff is very nice and helpful.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Elvin
"nice"
Very nice older building with character. Newly added elevator on the outside court yard. Clean apartment. Toilet and small sink in separate room from bathtub and large sink. Not a true USA two bedroom. One large bedroom and two single beds in the kitchen/living room. I stayed in the apartment with the foosball table. About a 2 min walk to metro U2 line. About 10 mins walk to St Stephans.
3 night trip with friends May 29, 2014
The check in was completely efficient. The apartment was spotlessly clean & all linen provided was of a good quality. The building is old & has a lot of charm & character. All rooms except the bedroom were very spacious. The bedroom was cramped, but actually felt very cosy. There was plenty of storage. The shower was great & there was hot water on demand. The kitchen was perfectly equipped. We felt comfortable immediately. The neighbourhood was very quiet, no noise to disturb your sleep. The location with regard to public transport links was excellent. 2 mins walk from an underground & 5 mins to a tram. These links got you to the centre in no time. There is a food market & a bakery less than 5 mins walk away & a small supermarket over the road. The combination of these will provide you with all you need. I would recommend this apartment.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Nice, but nothing special"
I stayed in a first floor apartment. This included a small bathroom, kitchenette and bedroom, all divided by walls. The walls really ate into the available space. The apartment was updated, but dark and somewhat gloomy. The temperature dipped into the 40s (F) at night and I could not turn on the radiators. The handles appear to have been removed and replaced with screw-on caps. It got very cold in the room. The location in not near the historic center, but a nearby metro stop makes it a short trip to get there. I stayed at four apartments on my trip and this was my least favorite. I chose this place due to the high average rating, but I don't understand why it is rated so. There must be better deals in Vienna. I would look around for another place.
3 night trip May 16, 2014
Craig
"Great location and comfy room/apartment."
My single room/apartment in reality was en entire little house in the middle of the courtyard. It even had it's own little table outside. Although, I did not spend to much time in the room, it was really comfy and well equipped.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Gia
"Sweet and small apartment in great neighborhood"
I loved this hotel! A small sunlit apartment on the roof, in a fantastic neighborhood just across the bridge from hectic, touristy first district of Vienna. I loved the Engel restaurant nearby and shopped for fresh flowers in the local Carmelita outdoor market on Saturday. Easy, clean, efficient and good price. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Professor
"Great location!"
The apartment was good located, the owner was helpful and kind.
3 night family trip Apr 8, 2014
mommy4
"Great Accommodation!"
This was a perfect place to stay in Vienna. It was clean, spacious had a great location, and was in a safe neighborhood. The renters were very accommodating, and I would return here. Comfortable beds as well!
Response by Old Vienna Apartments
Thank You for Your nice words. We are glad You enjoyed Your stay.
2 night trip with friends Apr 11, 2014
"dream location"
Before our arrival, we received exact details on the apartment's location. We were welcomed warmly and were provided with every comfort for our stay. The neighborhood was quiet. We needed our sleep and our energy for exploring fabulous Vienna.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Kaye
"Excellent apartment next to city center"
We enjoyed our stay at Old Vienna Apartments very much. The owner was extremely welcoming and helpful. She got in touch with us several days before our arrival to confirm our arrival time and stay at Old Vienna. We were met at the apartment by the owner who showed us everything around the apartment and provided us with local maps, phone numbers of taxis, restaurants, etc. She was very thorough and helped us locate some places that we were interested in seeing. The owner also helped us make smooth travel arrangements on the day of our departure. Old Vienna Apartments is conveniently located near the city center (about a 10-15 minute walk across the canal). The city center contains plenty of historical sites such as St. Stephen's Cathedral (we toured the interior of the church and then climbed the 343 steps to the observation deck), St. Peter's Church (we enjoyed an organ concert during the afternoon and then a choral concert in the evening), Hofburg Palace (a wonderful combined museum which contains the royal silverware collection, a museum of Empress Elisabeth's life, and the royal apartments which have been excellently preserved). Also within walking distance is the opera and many restaurants and cafes with different price ranges.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Good place for the price you pay"
It is not far from the main street and center - around 15 minutes walking. The apartment was clean and comparatively warm. The owner - very friendly and nice.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Excellent for experienced travelers"
If you an experienced traveler who prefers the comforts of home to the amenities of a traditional hotel. These apartments are perfect. I loved it, and I will stay here again. It is affordable and very comfortable.
4 night trip Dec 12, 2013
"Perfect for us."
We enjoyed our stay here while in Vienna for five days. The location was perfect and very close to public transportation which got us all around town to the Christmas Markets, the Opera, and historical sites. The apartment was on a very quiet street and had a supermarket just a short walk away (Not the "supermarket" across the street.) We enjoyed having the kitchen facilities for our champagne as well as being able to do a load of laundry mid trip. The landlord was very welcoming to us. If you cannot tell, I cannot say enough good things about our stay. For us, this place worked out very well. Much better than a hotel.
4 night family trip Dec 9, 2013
BD
unfortunately there were construction measures at the house which made it very loud. The TV didn´t really work very well and there was no wardrobe in the room. Another mirror besides the one in the bathroom would have been helpful.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
They charges additional Cleaning Fee 15 euro, terrible
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Excellent apartment, excellent service, excellent area!
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
"Perfect base for Viennese adventures!"
I stayed in two different rooms in the old Vienna apartments, and both of them were excellent. Very clean, comfortable, tastefully decorated, and functional. The manager was very kind to accommodate me an extra night due to change of plans, and i really appreciated it. The rooms are equipped with everything you need to have an enjoyable stay in Vienna, with the possibility to cut back on some restaurant costs with the inclusion of dishes and a hot plate, in addition to the standard fridge and microwave. It was very easy to find- barely a block away from the subway station Schottenring, and there is a little market, bakery and store close by. The neighborhood is very centrally located, quiet, and although there was some construction going on next door during my stay, i barely noticed it. Overall, this was a much more pleasant experience than the standard tacky hotel room, and a much better value! I can't recommend it enough :)
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Audrey
WE were warmly greeted by the owner. They have exceeded our expectations and offered extra services at no cost. Apartment is located very near the metro station (subway) and at a very reasonable walking distance from the historical Vienna (example: 20 minutes to Stephansdom. Good restaurants are at a 15 minute walk.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"We enjoyed our stay at old vienna apartments"
We really enjoyed staying. At old vienna apartments, very close to public transportation and therefore close to. Everything vienna has to offer. Room was clean, comfortable, and. Quiet. Heidi was very helpful and nearby in case we needed her. We would happily stay there again.cc
4 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Carolyn
"Apartment rather than hotel"
This is an unique place to stay and very satisfying ln every way. We like to walk, but there is an underground station just a block away with access to connections throughout the city. In the apartment, which is outstandingly clean and spacious, is a separate toilet room next to a room with a walk-in shower and sink. There is a hair dryer. The kitchen has a fridge, micowave, coffee maker, sink, silverware, plates etc. In the bedroom is the usual double bed arrangement, a large table, sofa bed, storage area, flat screen TV and two large windows that open. There is an elevator. The neighborhood is quiet, and the building is on a one way street. We were extremely satisfied and will stay there again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
JD&CW
"Two lovely evenings in Vienna"
The old Vienna Apartments is the best value in Vienna. Heidi was extremely helpful and responded to each need very quickly. The room was spacious, the shower seemed new and wonderful and had excellent water pressure. Kinda saggy pillows, but otherwise comfortable. I was on the first floor facing the street and you can hear street noise, so if you're a light sleeper you should ask to either be up higher or on the other side of the building.
2 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"A nice change of pace"
This "hotel" is a few apartments that a family rents out of an apartment building in Vienna. That being said, it was a really nice change of pace from all the hotels we have been staying at, as this felt more like a home - being in an actual residence and all. This is a family run business - they were very nice and helpful. The room was VERY clean and had everything needed. Staff was able to wash a load of laundry for me for a reasonable fee. Easy to get in and out, located in a nice neighborhood within walking distance of a few attractions. Very Satisfied - would book again.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2013
Lauren
The location is very convenient. The apartment is located so close to the underground station that you find yourself in the center of Vienna in no time.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
We stayed in an appartment with a double bed and a combined twin bedded kitchen and living area. These appartments represent good value for a family that don't hant a hotel environment and are very close to the metro making all parts of Vienna easily accessable.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Wonderful hosts"
Enjoyed our stay in this apartment. The lady (owner?) treated us so well it really made our stay in Vienna relaxing and enjoyable.
3 night family trip Jun 8, 2013
Enjoyed our stay at old Vienna apartments, very clean, very sunny, handy to the old town. Metro very handy. Did find the apartment was a bit on the small side, kitchen and bathroom facilities very small, should be described as a studio apartment.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
"Very clean"
very clean and maintained apartment. The kitchen was supplied much better than expected. Very comfortable. While not directly in the center of the old town it is close and very close to a U-Bahn station. Would stay here again.
3 night trip May 12, 2013
"good location"
Minimalistic, but quite sufficient amenities. Very clean room; convenient location: 3-min walk to a subway, 8-min walk to a bus which goes to airport, 20-min stroll to downtown (St-Stephen's cahedral).
3 night trip May 11, 2013
Apartment is just a block away from the Schottenring metro station green line U4. Near a grocery and restaurants.
Other trip May 9, 2013
"Great Stay!"
Wonderful location in residential Leopoldstadt in Vienna. Washing machine in the apartment was an unexpected anc very useful plus. Heidi was a very accomodating hostess. Would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Vienna.
4 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"HOME SWEET HOME" THE STAFF OWNER 'HEIDI' WAS EXTEREMELY HELPFULL IF WE EVER GO BACK TO VIENNA, IT WOULD BE OLD VIENNA APTS.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
"Old Vienna Apartments~We enjoyed"
We arrived around 9pm. Heidi greeted us, & gave us a quick run down of the room. She was very friendly & helpful. I don't think there is anything to complain about, the room was newer & clean. The location was a short walk to the ubahn & pretty convenient. We would definitely stay there again. We felt it was a good price, especially with the kitchenette, we were able to make our own meals :)
4 night trip Jan 31, 2013
Steph & Andy
Great location for a family! There was a fantastic restaurants and grocery store in the neighborhood. We would definitely come back!
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
Very close to U bahn station, close to Ringstrasse
Other trip Dec 20, 2012
I was for the first time in Old Vienna Apartments and I will choose this accomdation again when I will go to Vienna. There's nice interior and very good location (near the city center)
Other trip Dec 18, 2012
Great place for our family of 4 to stay in. Heidi was extremely friendly and attentive to all of our needs. Very close access to underground, which takes you anywhere you need to go.
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
It cost me 10 euros extra for cleaning.
Other trip Nov 22, 2012