All hotels in Gateshead, England, United Kingdom

Awesome vibe
    Comfortable
    Breakfast is average
"Excellent stay"
Came to stay for a friend's wedding. I had a great stay. About 15-20 of us stayed, and no-one had any complaints.
2 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
DARYL
"Ramada Encore"
Decent hotel and decent food. No complaints really and it served our purpose well. Handy for the Metro Centre and city centre too. (By car)
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Tommy
"Grateful"
The customer service received from Marcus in reception and Stephen in the bar was secind to none. I can't sing their praises enough.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Deborah
"the view of where you want to be"
Excellent hotel waiting for more businesses to be built beside it, but just a short walk to the Newcastle riverside and city centre.
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
Excellent
2 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2015
Gordon
Quick & friendly check in . On site parking at a reasonable price. Excellent location.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Staff very friendly hotel clean and comfortable
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
philip
"Excellent; highly recommended!"
I stayed for one night on business. The hotel staff were polite and welcoming. My room was spacious and spotlessly clean. I ate an evening meal and breakfast and the food was delicious, piping hot and served by friendly members of the team. I have stayed here before, as my business has been at The Sage which is a five minute walk away, and will certainly stay here again, when my turn comes to return on business.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
Yvette
"Fantastic"
Friendly staff, comfortable room, wonderful experience and will be back.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Paanan
This was for a January 2015 visit so you are a bit late in sending out a review request. For some reason I was put in a disabled room despite being fit and healthy
2 night trip Jan 23, 2015
"over priced"
alot of stag doo very noisy room was big but beds were aweful not worth the money am afraid shower was cap aswel won't be going back
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
alan
"Great service, but had noise issues"
Service was great, staff, food, etc, all good. But road noise woke me up, and there was some machinery in a nearby room that was regularly buzzing, and made it hard to get to sleep.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"New Newcastle"
Newcastle is now coming alive. The area still has a way to go. Hotel conveniently located to bbs and the beautiful rainbow bridge which is a 2 minute walk. Room was large and bed comfy. Only complaint was WiFi was not great in room however it was fine in outside hall.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"Would use again"
Great hotel. Great price easy to find. Fantastic sized room. What more do you need for the odd night or long weekend. Would use again next time
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
darren
"Bank holiday stay"
Helpful and friendly staff, nice clean hotel. Little amount of car park spaces though. The only thing that could have been better is amount of towels in the room. For two people we had one big towel and two hand towels. Another big towel would have been welcomed
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
"Not very bright"
We stayed 2 nights at this Hotel. The bedroom was not cleaned after 1st night: the only thing someone did was collect the litter and push (not very well) sheets of the bed up. We ate the breakfast in the morning and everything was still with some crumbs over the table and on the floor when we arrived in the evening, which shows there was no cleaning at all! Moreover, we paid £10 using chip+pin card with one transaction for the car park. On our bank statement it showed £10 with chip and pin and after we checked out other £9 transaction without our consent (card not present) showed in our bank statement. We did contact the hotel and we got no satisfatory answer. Today it shows in our statement two transactions £1 + £9, which makes it £10. However, no explanation for this was given and we didn't enjoy the £9 card not present transaction without sending any explanation for it (not even a contact explaining what has happened, and they had the mobile number and the e-mail). I believe they did notice the error and amended the first £10 transaction for a £1 transaction.
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
José
"."
Good new hotel, with very easy access to quayside, Sage, Baltic etc. Only downside is few parking spaces, and having to pay to park. Overall happy with my stay.
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Not good value"
On arrival the car park is unfinished. On check in I was advised that I could not use the restaurant between 1900-2000. My room booked as a single with king size bed was a disabled facility. I have no problem with disabled rooms but would prefer not to have tyre marks showing on bedroom and bathroom floors. The bed linen had some food remains on it. The no plug sink gives interesting blow back as it drains, the lower toilet roll holder is too close to the flor and gets wet will shower is used, in general a bad layout for a wet room. The tea/coffee maker is located on a shelf whic does not reach a plug socket without moving. In general not the best hotel I've used in the area.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Shep
"Modern put poorly maintained"
Got a large modern double room just for my overnight businesd stop. All looked okay. HOWEVER, after checking which door led to the bathroom I opened an interlocking door to the guest next door! The reception came to lock it but I think this is an appalling slip up with all sorts of ramifications. I wouldn't say the reception took it seriously enough either with a jokey quip about the fellow in the next room: “he might not have minded"! Also the bathroom tap fell off and the toilet seat had lost it's lid I have to pretty critical about this hotel really.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Ok'ish"
Absolutely freezing throughout! Food service was a bit all over the place. Nice staff attitude but overall poor hotel and bad location if you are looking at going anywhere within walking.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
"One 2 miss"
I think cleaner needs to go specsavers and beds were not uncomfortable but were certainly we'll past there usefulness as looked as if falling apart when covers that were to small came off
3 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
Ray
"Cheap and clean but too strict-wouldn't stay again"
This hotel was cheap for the reason. Good size clean room but other than than I was dissapointed. At night and morning security is checking how many people are in each room meaning you can't have any guests what so ever.Also hotel service is lacking manners as they travel with hotel guests in the same lifts chit chatting with eachother rather laud.
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2015
mateusz
"uninspiring location - average hotel"
Steak meal on room service was pretty good - properly chargrilled, and arrived promptly. Location of this chain hotel looks like an industrial estate. All the views look out to car parks - offices, and even the very restricted outside tables/chairs were alongside an access road to the estate, so not pleasant. Reception and bar area very tired - 1980's black ash effect Reception staff cheerful and attentive. Bed was comfy but very low, a struggle to get out of it. Room window would not close properly - the bedside light did not work and no air conditioning - the tiny storage heater was sufficient for background heat - but I would not recommend a stay in winter - or summer for that matter. I was attending a work conference with an early start - but was disappointed when I was told that breakfast did not commence until 8am on Saturday morning. I wish I had known this as I had to be at conference in a neighbouring hotel by 7.30am. Sadly- I was also charged for two breakfasts I didnt have. Lastly, I was woken at 3.45am by football hooligans running up and down the corridors.... I wont be staying again. -
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
corporate guest
"Very handy and great staff"
My wife was in hospital at the queen Elizabeth and I live seventy miles away so it was as cheap to stay at the ramada encore as traveling every day and saved me the hastle so it was great and the hotel and staff were very welcoming also the food was great no need to go around looking for somewhere to eat sleep and relax so comfortly and only two miles from the hospital
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
mark
"disappointing evening meal"
good but noisey and restaurant food dreadful.. But they did refund
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Nicky
"Ramada encore"
Great again
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
mark
"Nice hotel but don't expect a lot of sleep!"
Nice clean and tidy hotel. No sleep though was up until 5AM with a lot of noise from other rooms.
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Craig
"No frills but value - once was enough!"
Newcastle is a party town but we were disturbed by rowdy guests at 04:00 on saturday and sunday morning. Breakfast was uninspiring. Location is reasonable - a short walk over the Millenium Bridge to the city centre. Car parking was plentiful and not overpriced at £5 per night.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Good Hotel, Staff attitudes debateable"
We booked this hotel at the last minute after booking tickets for a show at the Sage. We were surprised to see that the prices hadn't been inflated for Valentine's Day and also that the hotel is very much within walking distance from the Sage. Parking and check-in were straight-forward and the room was great. The only downside was the attitude of one member of staff when asked if there was a way I could purchase snacks and refreshments for the room, who decided sarcasm was the best option to deal with first time customers.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Alison
"Get there early to avoid parking nightmare"
Good hotel, but arrived at 10pm to find that the car park wasn`t just full, but overflowing and double parked. Had to park on the road about 100m from hotel to avoid double yellow lines and over-zealous traffic wardens which made me nervous about the security of my car overnight
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Gareth
"Sleepness in Ramada Encore Newcastle"
Noisy hotel, not suitable for families particularly at weekends. Rooms large however cleanliness is an issue, damp smell in bathrooms. Overall not got value for the experience we had
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Maria
"Excellent hotel!!!"
Was excellent hotel for the price. Huge big rooms,cleaned daily and really central for Newcastle city centre. Had a great stay.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Tracey & Pam
"BRILL"
VERY GOOD STAY AND ANDY FOR EVERY THING THE FOOD WAS EXCELLANT.
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
craig
"Sleepless in Newcastle"
Hens & stags are the target guests for weekends at this hotel. Noise, fighting, drunkenness and general bad behaviour are tolerated making it impossible to sleep. 2 nights without sleep was unbearable. Management said they would deal with it but there was no evidence of this given Sat night was a re-run of Fri night. The cleanliness bathroom was terrible, excrement on the shower curtain and the shower drain smelled of dampness which made the bedroom smell. Cleaners were informed but no action was taken. The bed is really comfortable and its just a pity that we didn't get much sleep. This hotel isn't suitable for families or couples looking for a nice weekend, mores the pity as the location is good. When checking out on Mon morning the police were at the hotel checking on damage that was done by other guests. That gives you an idea of the issues this hotel has. So disappointed at the Ramada and will never stay there again.
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Maria
"good value hotel"
Lovely staff .Good gym .Good location by quay and nice 15 walk up into town so long as don't mind steep hill !would recommend.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2015
"wEEKEND STAY"
STAYED FOR ONE NIGHT, GOOD HOTEL NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. STAFF FRIENDLY AND CLEAN WELL APPOINTED ROOMS
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Gateshead Business trip"
I am up with a colleage on business last week and next week. Booked via Expedia sale £42 per night. Ticked all the boxes cannot fault anything. Paid 3 times as much at Travel Lodge in Kings cross and nowhere near as good. Great breakfast and quiet rooms. 15 minute stroll across the Tyne into Newcastle. Eddy
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Eddy
"weekend stay"
lovely clean hotel, service and food was great. just got a little cold at night.
2 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
Louise
"Please sort out the heating and the car park!"
Stayed here before and the location to city centre is ideal. Food and cleanliness are all fine, but had some issues which make it unlikely I would return. Firstly, the car park was exceptionally full, so I had to park in the secondary car park area (although I had to wait for someone to leave so I could park). This is less car park, more mud field, which meant my shoes and bottom part of my suit trousers had splashes of dirty mud across them. Not good when travelling round for business meetings and having to re-clean before the following day. Welcome was good and when I arrived in my room, it looked positive and clean...however, it was unbelievably cold. I turned on my heating and left for dinner, expecting that when I returned, the room would be more comfortable. I was wrong! The heater seemed to make little difference and the room was still exceptionally cold. Fortunately, I was able to fold the duvet in half so I had twice the insulation and add my coat on top, so my sleep wasn't too disturbed. Even with the heater on full all night, the following morning was a real chore and I don't think I have moved so fast to get showered and dressed before. Really inexcusable for this time of year.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"brilliant customer service and staff"
my only disappointment was that the hotel we drove around looking for as the sign has encore in large letters and couldn't see Ramamda as was dark. apart from that i book with you as the customer service is 5 star, and the staff make the stay a pleasure,
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
elizabeth
"Hotel close to family,"
Staff very helpful. Good size room, hotel rose to the Baltic and Sage And millennium.bridge Good walks along river. We will stay again
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Laurie
"Modern and comfortable"
A modern hotel in a fairly central location. The hotel and all of its amenities are modern and well appointed. The gym is small, but the equipment was of a good standard. The staff were lovely. I only traveled to and from the hotel in the dark and felt a little threatened at times, but that might just have been because I was in an unfamiliar place. The bedrooms have wood effect flooring which struck me as odd and not overly comfortable. A good night's sleep though so comfortable other than that. Close to central Gateshead (10 min walk) and the footbridge to Newcastle (2 min walk) which I would thoroughly recommend visiting as the views up and down the river are fantastic.
2 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Martin
"will be back....."
Great hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly throughout. Evening meal in the bar was excellent and good value and the all you can eat breakfast was great with plenty of everything. The room was clean, tidy and warm and the shower warm and powerful. All in all a great stay. I will be back to this hotel in the future. For the price you pay this is great value for money and a 5* service.
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"A little bit of Luxury"
I was down on business, the staff were very friendly & efficient.Hotel standards were second to none.....beds were very comfortable...
5 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
frances
"Very clean & tidy - Nothing special at all!"
Ramada hotel was very clean, tidy and reasonably priced - Unfortunately it had nothing special, not many room comforts for more than one night and I'm pretty sure there is more available elsewhere in Newcastle/ Gateshead. I probably wouldn't stay here again, just because there is a much better choice elsewhere - Although this is a Quayside location, there are no river views, just a view of an office block or the carpark. Boring, boring, boring.
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
RICHARD
"cheap and cheerful"
Last minute booking excellent value for money, very basic. The food was good and and a short walk into gateshead so goodlocation for a short stay.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
Theresa
"Good hotel."
We had booked a King bedroom but when we got to the room we had two single beds joined together to make a king bed. Reported the problem to the reception manager who put us in a Double bedroom. He told us that their King beds are actually two single beds put together. However overall stay was pleasant.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Simple, clean and warm, with a good shower."
The hotel is simple, but well presented, warm and comfortable. As others have said it's a 15min walk from the nightlife and 25mins from the shops, but it's a pleasant route involving a walk along the river and crossing the pretty incredible Gateshead Millenium Bridge. The rooms are super clean and the showers powerful. Don't expect lush sofas or anything other than simple, desk and hanging space, but it does the job. And let's face it, you'll probably be spending most of your time in the city, not at the hotel. I wouldn't recommend this to any disabled guests, not because of the hotel itself, but because of the circuitous route and amount of stairs involved in getting between the hotel and the river. The brilliant Baltic Contemporary Art Gallery is a stone's throw away if you like that sort of thing. (We did). In short, I'd stay here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Adam
"great!"
Very Friendly staff at reception, we had a dog with us and had checked prior to booking that they're pet friendly, and dog was made just as welcome as humans.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Convenient for local sites."
Check in staff polite and helpful, but hotel a little souless. Lack of towels in bedroom and breakfast only average. Main criticism is the car park. We had to park on overflow area which was pot-holed and muddy. Not what you would expect of a main hotel chain charging £5.00 a night to park!
Other trip Dec 24, 2014