All hotels in Lisbon, Portugal

Room is all right
    Breakfast is average
    Comfortable
    Bad internet service
"Reasonable, clean & air conditioned"
Centrally located in the Bairrio Alto with good restaurants and hip shops nearby and on a bus line to ease the uphill walking. Metro stop is 15 min walk and Rossio train station is 10-12 min walk. Room was small, and we chose to have a shared bathroom for less than 50 euros/night--cost of a hostel room. 5 rooms shared 2 bathrooms; never had to wait; bathroom was very clean. Air conditioning worked very well--a huge plus in the summer. Wifi spotty in room, but worked well in lounge. This place is a real bargain, especially with the continental breakfast included.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
R
+Good location, -Breakfast was disappointing. -The bathroom was integrated in the room and smelled bad.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
Wonderful room, welcoming staff,and super-convenient location. I'd stay here again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Great location."
Great location in the bario alto district. Close to city center and a short walk to the e train to Belem. Staff was very friendly especially since I don't speak Portuguese. I would stay here again
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
mike
"Tou get what you paid for"
We stayed here for 3 nights, and we were ovrall happy. The carpet was very old and it's time to be replaced.There is a smell of and old furniture , but there are many windows and the AC helped .The breakfast was nice. The pensao is on top of the hill so be ready for some climbing but there is a bus line that goes to the hotel. I would stay again here.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Good value in old boardinghouse"
An older boarding house which has been converted into a hotel. Overall good value in a nice neighborhood but not luxurious.
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Excellent location, close to Lisbon center"
When I arrived it seemed to as an old building. It is in fact, but they keep it very clean and nice. However, the so rounding area is so nice that you would want just be out walking and enjoying all that excellent view.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Hildo
"Good cheap hotel"
Not a bad place in an old part of town. Tram and buses run on this street. Easy walk down the hill to the metro. People at the desk decent, the reception area is a bit hard to find. An adequate breakfast to start the day, nothing fancy but good enough. Hotel sits up high so I had view from both of my windows and they opened. Nice park with great view a block away. Only downside was the location of the toilet. The bathroom was added to the room so they had to make things fit in a limited space so that was the one ding for comfort. Three nights with breakfast for less than $150, I can't complain.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
george
A nice hotel run by nice people. Future visitors should know that the nearest Metro station is Rato, on the yellow line, which is a straight 15 minute walk away. Good location.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
We enjoyed the stay, located in a nice area and easy accesibel, close to center. Nice and atmospheric building and rooms. Nice café on the corner.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
A very good place.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Room okay but didn't get what was in confirmation"
According to my reservation confirmation my single room "This room opens to a balcony. The 24-inch TV is offered for your entertainment. Climate control, air conditioning, and daily housekeeping are among the conveniences offered. This room is Non-Smoking." My room window opened to a dark, cement shaft. It was also right next to the shared bathroom window so that's the only view I had and I didn't really want to have an open window next to that so I kept it closed! The TV was a 12 inch with about 4 working channels, some times and a remote that didn't work. Thankfully there was indeed a/c or it would have been stifling in the heat wave Lisbon was experiencing. It was comfortable enough and clean enough but for the price and reviews I expected a bit more. Breakfast was good though, people were very nice (just get them talking if they don't look nice) and the location quite central, though confusing if you haven't been to Lisbon before :)
3 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Heather R.
"Quaint"
There are a lot of things to commend about this hotel and I think if I had stayed there at the beginning of my trip instead of the end of it, I'd have enjoyed it more. It's reasonably near a good view of the city and a large number of great restaurants with outdoors seating on the stairs. Otherwise it's a little further away than I would have preferred, especially since it's on top of one of the hills. The room key is literally an old fashioned oversized key that they prefer you to leave at the desk when you go. The AC did work, thankfully, and the balcony window was lovely to lean out on for some fresh air though it took me a while to figure out how to work it. My biggest issue was that the WiFi was not available. Fortunately, Lisboa has free wifi available everywhere else.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2014
MW
Everything very fine. Great location. Just make sure your room is NOT in the staircase.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"At first unhappy, then saw the view"
Our experience was ok. The view from both windows in our room were absolutely breathtaking. The beds were comfy but small-to be expected. The bathroom, again was small but adequate. The handheld shower head was no good for me due to my thick hair-would rather it be attached up to the wall. But I made out alright for our 4 day stay. The breakfast-at no charge-was great!! Some of the staff were friendlier than others at the desk where u drop off ur keys every day. But the price was affordable-so overall it was an ok stay.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
chelsey
"Very nice stay - would stay again"
The guesthouse is in an excellent location with a great view right across the road and from my room window. I stayed 3 nights in a single room with shared bathroom and never had any issues having to wait on the restroom. Guesthouse is old fashioned, decorated nicely, and clean. The breakfast was only par with bread, cereal, and drinks.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"Good value for money"
Perfect loacation, good breakfast and nice view!
2 night trip May 17, 2014
"Affordable choice in a great location"
This was a very affordable place to stay in a very accessible neighborhood. The staff were excellent and helpful. The breakfast fine and served in a beautiful breakfast room. I chose a single with a shared bath and it was not a problem. The bath was always free anytime I wanted it and the shared bath was spacious and spotless. If I ever return to Lisbon again, I'll definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Jean
"Excellent service"
ery good customer service. I think only one person behind the desk during our 3 day stay didn't greet us with a smile but the other 4 people were so nice. We got put in a room with a private bath even though we paid for the "shared bathroom" room. Thank you!! It was quite a walk up the hill (it is in the bairro alto neighborhood) so do yourself a favor and figure out the 758 bus route or take a taxi when transporting luggage. Overall a great stay for a great price.
3 night romance trip Mar 17, 2014
A friendly hotel with good quality accommodation which served our purpose very well. More detailed directions to find the hotel would have saved us a lot of time as maps do not show the hills! I would not return to hotel because I have now explored Lisbon, not due to any failing of the hotel.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Ask for a room on the upper floors with nice views over Lisbon and the Tejo River. Rooms on the back of the property are quieter. Parking is difficult and expensive in the immediate suroundings, except weekends. Avoid parking in the narrow back streets (heavy fines!). Breakfast room can be crowdy.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
First-time visitors may be confused by the dark entrance and the staircase up to the elevator which takes you to reception on the 2nd floor. Once inside the charms of this high-ceilinged older bldg.take over. Our room had four beds,two chandeliers and a new bath. Great view of the Tagus and statue of Christ. Well located, just 70 metres from the Gloria funicular tram which whisks you down to Av Liberdade and Rossio Sq. Friendly and knowledgeable staff fluent in English can also help with reservations elsewhere in Portugal. Would go back again!
Other trip Jun 24, 2013

"Bario Alto stay"
The hilly Bario Alto area was very good for getting walking exercise. The hotel is excellent value for money. My only real concern was a lack of a readily available safe in the room.
3 night trip Jan 21, 2016
"Nice hotel near Elevator Gloria."
Convenient location, and walkable to most attractions, shopping, restaurants etc. Down hill to tram 28. Beautiful large room, well priced. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Carole
"Clean, quiet basic hotel."
Clean, quiet but in need of some fresh paint and a bathroom update. Breakfast was good, and the staff was friendly.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Jacqueline
"This is a great little treasure of a hotel!"
We were pleasantly surprised to find a hotel that surpassed our expectations for a relatively inexpensive stay. The location was perfect, the reception staff very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was generous and healthy. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
"Great value, great place, great location."
We are a couple from England. We really enjoyed our stay, the room was clean & comfortable with a nice view on the 4th floor. You can't get a better location.It's 100m from a large terrace over looking the city with a bar & cafe.From here you just walk down the steps past the lovely al fresco restaurants to the main centre square. It's very close to the street of bars and music which is fun, but not close enough for it to disturb you. Breakfast was good,but I only really like a coffee and a decent croissant which I got. Negatives, we had a shared bathroom but this didn't effect us in anyway, and it's at the top of town so if you don't like walking maybe not the best(for us being at the top was great). Would definatley return happily.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Nicholas
"Good stay but noisy at night"
I was here for 3 nights at the end of June and I had a good stay here. I was in a basic double room with a private bathroom. I wasn’t able to find the hotel straightaway. My room was on the third floor and it has good views over Lisbon. The room was ok but a bit small. In my room I got a hairdryer and free toiletries (shampoo and soap). Not enough plug sockets. At night, even though I had closed my windows, it got quite noisy in the streets and I was woken up by it. This happened twice on my stay so I didn’t really get a good night sleep. Breakfast is ok, you get a basket of bread/ croissant and muffins and a plate of cheese and ham. The other options that are available are slices of bread for toast, jam, cereal, fruit and drinks (juices, tea, and coffee). They need to refill the hot water more often. The breakfast is between 7am to 10am. You have to hand your room key every time you leave the hotel so I found this odd. All in all the hotel is basic but it does its job. I am only nitpicking over very small details and for its price it is an affordable accommodation for a room with breakfast in a good location. However because of the noise at night that is the only reason I wouldn’t return unfortunately. But for everything else I am I am scoring it 4/5. I would recommend the hotel if you are able to get a room on the 4th floor which is the highest floor.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Anon
"Excellent location and value."
This hotel is in an excellent location and for an excellent price. The staff are so nice and helpful. I could walk everywhere. It's a short walk to the train station that is only a 30 min trip to the beaches of Cascais. The square that most tours leave from is less than 10 mins away too. While it could do with some paint work etc, this is a minor factor considering everything else. One thing I would have liked is black out shutters - they would not close properly and hence it was bright from 5am. Also the doors were noisy and hence could hear other guests. Shared bathrooms were clean and well kept.
5 night trip May 30, 2015
"Central Lisbon Value"
Ideally located with friendly and helpful staff, Pensao Londres was a perfect base to explore Lisbon. Highly recommended for the budget conscious.
4 night trip May 26, 2015
Arrived before my room was ready (my booking confirmation didn't state the hotel's checkin policy - I now know it's 2pm), but they kindly switched me to another room and allowed me to get out & about earlier. room was spacious though the bathroom had a lingering stench of damp/mould but I wasn't there for the bathroom. This hotel is in a great location and great character in an old building (bit noisy as people come & go late at night). Breakfast was basic but fine.
1 night trip May 2, 2015
"Great value and location"
Stayed with two kids in family room. Very clean and nicely refurbished room. Great location for walking around old Lisbon.
4 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
"In most interesting neibourhood"
Super time. Comfy bed and quiet room at back. Super reception staff and cleaners
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"..."
It was a really old building, but nice staff and nice breakfast. Also a nice area! except that you should remember that Lisbon is a hilly city and the hotel is also on top of city and not easy to reach with luggage! :)
1 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2014
Roja
"Not a Safe Place"
On 12th November, I took a cab from airport to hotel. As soon as I arrived to hotel, while I was waiting elevator in the first floor of hotel premises (since the reception is in 2nd floor), someone robbed my passport, iPhone 5S (Gold colour)64G and Money ( 250 Euro, 400 SGD & 2USD). This was happen inside the hotel premises and he was appeared in CCTV security camera of the hotel. I reported about this to Police as well. But not efficient action was taken from both Hotel and Police. Even though this was happen in the hotel, the hotel didn't do anything for my compensation. As a foreigner who went to Lisbon to attend conference, this is too much on the first day and my days in Lisbon are quite bad.
4 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
HNIN YU
SG
"Great place to stay!"
Wonderful 6 nights at the hotel. Great staff, breakfast a bit repetitive, but great to have. Loved this central location.
6 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Heinz
"Great budget hotel"
Really enjoyed our stay, staff v helpful & friendly. Room had great views over city & breakfast fine. Location excellent for sight seeing. Side streets cld be bit off putting at night as quite dark. Don't be put off by entrance ... 11 or steps & 1st floor seemed vacant. hotel only starts 2 nd floor upwards where reception is. All in all fab value for money & all nice guests!
4 night trip Oct 20, 2014
Retired travellers
"Noce hotel close to town"
The hotel was pretty good, the family room was very spacious and the hotel is close to the centre.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"great location"
very friendly staff great breakfast great view from the miradour just down the street
3 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
Bill and Sandy
"Family Room"
On arrival difficult to find, without a prominent entrance. Lift access to lobby and rooms. Staff reasonably friendly. Breakfast was functional at best. Room clean and of a unique design. Beds very comfy and fresh bedding. Good location near old town, although not on a tram route. Value for money given the price. Would use again.
3 night family trip May 25, 2014
Langtonbrow
"Simple but well done hotel"
Simple hotel with everything done very well... Very close to good restaurants and bars with an excellent 24 hour pastry coffee shop below. Freshly decorated and spotlessly clean rooms. Lovely helpful and friendly staff.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Arrived by train from Coimbra, reached hotel by taxi without a problem.Staff very helpful, room was fantastic, booked room for three people and given one with three double beds, spotless. Breakfast basic. Able to leave luggage in hotel after 12:00 checkout, as we had a early evening flight. Very pleased with stay in Pensão Londres
2 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
Rooms could do with a make over but location is excellent and staff were nice.
4 night trip Nov 13, 2013
"Decent budget hotel"
This is a budget hotel. For what you pay it's a very reasonable place to stay close to te Baro Alto (night life) and lots of attractions. If you want a romantic getaway, find another place. If you want to experience Lisbon on a budget and not stay at a hostel, this is your place
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
Rob
"Convenient, quaint and characterful"
I loved this place but some might regard it as too old fashioned. It is a charming, if a bit dilapilated, old hotel with high ceilinged rooms and slightly eccentric shapes to some rooms. Ours was small with a balconied window with great views and included a tiny space for basin and bidet . Drawback on some rooms might be sharing the central bathroom on the floor, where a loo, bath and shower are, but we found this worked fine: always clean and new bathmats etc. A generous continental breakfast was included in the price. Service was excellent, very friendly and efficient staff. The pension is high up in the Bairro Alto, close to the top of the Santa Gloria funicular, and has some spectacular views.
3 night family trip May 17, 2013
Caroline

"bien situé"
trop court pour apprécier vraiment Lisbonne, à refaire.
2 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Simon
FR
"Gracias"
Muy bueno
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2015
ES
"Au top rapport qualité prix"
Sejour super avec ma copine pour nos 3ans
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2015
Axel
FR
"leuk hotel midden in de stad dichtbij de metro"
wij hadden een 3 persoonskamer mooi groot en schoon, opletten bij het boeken van een kamer niet alle kamers hebben een eigen badkamer. personeel zeer behulpzaam en spreekt goed engels en frans
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
betsie
NL
"Prima hotel voor een citytrip"
Het hotel is simpel, maar voorziet in alles wat je nodig hebt. Verwacht niks moderns, het is allemaal vrij basic. Het ontbijt is voldoende gevarieerd en de lokatie van het hotel is ideaal.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015