All hotels in Dingwall, Scotland, United Kingdom
Easter Kinkell, Conon Bridge, Dingwall, Scotland, IV7 8HY, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Relaxing stay, wonderful staff"
We had a lovely 2-night stay at Kinkell House Hotel. All of the staff were super polite, friendly, and helpful. They made our stay particularly enjoyable. It felt more like a comfortable large B&B than a "small hotel". I wish we could have spent more nights here. Our room was immediately adjacent to reception, so we could hear people coming and going during the day. This was not a problem, as we weren't in the room much anyway. And it was absolutely quiet at night. The dining room (and I think most of the guest rooms) looks out across the strath and is very tranquil. There are multiple lounge/library areas in the house, which were excellent for reading or conversation. Of the many lovely places we stayed in Scotland, this was by far the best value for money accommodation. I'd love to come back and stay here again.
2 night family trip May 19, 2014
Carl

"Restful night!"
The room was clean and had a bath which was nice! There was none in reception when we arrived (since we arrived quite late) but they left us a note and keys so it was a quick check in! We only stayed for a night before getting the ferry so we did not stay for breakfast so cannot comment on that. We would stay here again.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Highland Stop"
Nice Hotel, quiet location, great people, great food
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
J J
"worst hotel and service I've put up with in ten yr"
There is not enough room here to sound out our disgust at the manner in which we were treated. We booked because of the food reviews, we were phoned on the road an hour before arriving to anounce there would be no dining that night. we found only one other room occupied so figured they could not be bothered! Breakfast was to be charged seperatly at £15 a head and was not included although I had made pains to book a B+B! The owner seems more concerned with his own convenience than his guests.their general demeanour was hopeless, once they had our money they did'nt care what happened to us. This is a remote part of Scotland and after dark quite difficult to find anywhere in the near vicinity that would be worthwhile to eat in. we had sandwiches from a local tesco's. To say we will not be recomending this 3 star?? (WHAT FOR) Hotel would be a considerable understatement. I would however encourage a review of their Star status. preferably by secret shopper. Disgusted from Dorset!!
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
"Beautiful views"
Lovely hotel, visit only spoiled due to guests few doors down having a dog that barked during night :(
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"ME"
Great small hotel
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Avoid Room 1 unless you enjoy hearing footsteps"
Avoid Room 1 unless you enjoy hearing footsteps from above. Also, don't expect anyone to respond to your calls for any assistance after 9pm.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"A lovely stay."
Little establishment out in middle of country overlooking a small picturesque lake. Fab room and bathroom. Spacious and clean. Hotel a little gem away from the crowds . Couple of sitting rooms. Breakfast ok. We would stay again.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Wonderful Room"
I paid £70 for single occupancy of a double en-suite room. When the very friendly and helpful girl on reception showed me to my room I was hugely impressed. There was a very comfortable king-sized bed and a flat screen TV the same size as the one in my own living room. The room was spotless and the decor was luxurious. The bathroom itself was bigger than any other room I stayed in on my trip. There was a large hot tub and a very modern and powerful shower. This was the most I paid for a room on my trip to the Highlands but definitely worth it!
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Excellent hotel for a short break"
The staff were very welcoming and helpful; they could suggest places to visit in the surrounding area and always asked how our day had been upon our return to the hotel in the evening. Dinner was excellently cooked and presented. Breakfast was very enjoyable and included both hot and cold options; again very well prepared. The room and en suite were very clean and welcoming. Both were a good size and offered the standard complimentary items. The hotel also contained several lounge areas for guests to relax in. These were warm and offered various books, games and other entertainment for guests' use, as well as being beautifully decorated and furnished. Overall this hotel fitted our needs perfectly, and was a pleasure to stay in for the duration of our holiday. Highly recommended and we will certainly be back.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Team Skeleton
"Relaxing hotel in a beautifully remodeled building"
We stayed here one night of a quick road trip between Oban Bay and Aberdeen, before returning from a tour of the UK.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Quiet location. Smallish but comfortable Room."
Pleasant stay, excellent evening meal and friendly staff made it just right for our needs. Plus we discovered Black Isle Organic Beer!!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
D Don
Lovely hotel,fantastic food and service,will definitely be returning when in the area.
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"Lovely hotel away from the town"
The staff were great, very obliging and pleasant. Had a power cut on the second night whixh scared my 5 year old grandaughter. Staff brought round candkes to the bedrooms - made it an adventure for her!
Christine
"Fantastic Service"
Service was excellent. The food was too. The chef accommodated dietary issues. The room and hotel had gorgeous views. Thank you!
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
AlaskaGirl
"Kinkell"
Very nice country hotel, excellent food and service.
2 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Jon
"Good hotel for exploring the Highlands"
Really enjoyed our short break. The breakfast was excellent as was the evening meal. The only critism was that the room was a little too warm and the bed quite firm.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Lovely"
We arrived a little early to this small hotel. The member of staff we met were very welcoming and friendly. Our room was lovely, with a 4 poster bed and gorgeous views over Cromarty Firth. Breakfast was basic but perfectly adequate and tasty with a selection of cereals, fruit and yogurt, fresh juices and toast. The cooked breakfast was a choice of sausages, bacon and eggs, I would have liked a few mushrooms and some tomatoes to lighten the plate.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Roger Over and out
"Peaceful,, fab location, reasonable rates"
Loved the setting, quiet peaceful location, friendly staff, clean well looked after reasonably priced accomodation
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Jd
"Cosy & welcoming"
Lovely staff, great food, good sleep. We were made to feel very welcome, great hospitality
Other trip May 25, 2014
Lou
"Comfortable accommodation"
Remote setting.very comfortable room although bed had bottom foot board which made it uncomfortable for talk people like us .very nice breakfast but no choice of cooked breakfast just bacon sausage and egg .need car every time u go out.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Mrs smith
"High quality experience at very reasonable rates"
excellent food and hospitality, very nicely furnished, compact but very comfortable rooms obviously recently refurbished, lovely scenic and quiet setting. Will certainly be back
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Very comfortable indeed"
Kinkell House hotel is a real gem, wonderful location, lovely rooms, friendly and helpful lady at reception and the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The views and surroundings are stunning. The room was very spacious and peaceful, the bathroom very modern with a wonderfully powerful shower and the bed comfy. Would highly recommend, will go again.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Liz
"Great room and food"
A lovely hotel, friendly staff, nice views, good sized room, fab bathroom, delicious breakfast. We found the standard double bed a bit small for us (maybe some of the other rooms have bigger beds) otherwise everything else great, would certainly go back. Very close to Strathpeffer and Dingwall and not far from Inverness.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2013
HP
"Beautiful Views"
We where meet and shown to our room by a friendly member of staff. We had a large en-suit room which had the most beautiful view. The room was clean, water tea and coffee were provided and replenish each day. We staid at the hotel for a family birthday lunch so did not have dinner, but had breakfast each morning of our stay. The breakfast was cereal, juice, toast and a full English breakfast which was always freshly cooked. We enjoyed our stay and would defiantly go back
3 night trip Sep 7, 2013
K&M
"Ideal, well priced hotel"
This is our 2nd stay at this hotel. Its not overly expensive and is ideally located for us to visit friends who stay in the area. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds. The bathrooms look new and modern. However, the decor in the main room is more traditional. Staff are nice and friendly. The icing on the cake is the tasty cooked scottish breakfast in the morning! There isn't much else - cereal, yoghurt and prunes/ apricots - might be nice to offer fresh fruit like melon, strawberries, etc! Otherwise pleasant stay in a small hotel.
2 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2012
Lynne
Perfect location, hotel was lovely and room was great. Only complaint was that after returning to hotel at 22.15,hoping for a nightcap, there was no one about, therefore we were not able to have a wee drink!!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2012
M Fitzpatrick
"Amateurish"
Lovely situation people etc, just rather an amateurish approach to service
2 night trip Aug 14, 2012
MR

"Perfección"
Nos alojamos en dos habitaciones; una más pequeña, reformada y elegantemente decorada y la otra, más grande, con un gran ventanal a la campiña y exquisitamente decorada. Cenamos allí y la comida es excelente, el trato del personal es inmejorable. El desayuno fantástico. Es un hotel tranquilo y exquisito. La única pega es que está un poco alejado pero realmente merece la pena conocerlo y pasar allí un par de noches.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Nuria
ES
"Härliga vyer"
Hotellet ligger en bra bit utanför Inverness. Man måste ha bil för att ta sig dit. Läget ar helt underbart med fantastisk utsikt över det böljande skotska landskapet. Personalen var mycket trevlig och serviceinriktad. Det finns bekväma sällskapsrum med bar och bibliotek. Hotellets kök var den stora överraskningen: ett begränsat antal rätter men tillagade med finess. Vill man tillbringa några dagar i en avkopplande miljö med möjlighet till sköna utflykter, då är Kinkell House Hotel ett utmärkt alternativ.
3 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2014
Leendert Janson
SE
Albergo veramente esclusivo. Camera molto ampia. Se ritorno da quelle parti, sicuramente prenoto di nuovo. Da consigliare.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
IT
Es una casa con mucho encanto. El matrimonio te atiende estupendamente y estuvimos encantados.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
ES
"Pour amateurs de nature"
Chambre agréable avec une belle vue sur la nature environnante. Très calme, mais un peu éloigné de tout, mais facile d'accès. Le personnel est chaleureux et très disponible. Dispose d'un resto sur place. Bon, mais un peu cher et classique, sans être très écossais
2 night family trip May 27, 2014
Nicolas B
FR
We zijn ingegaan op een aanbieding en zeer tevreden over het aanbod en de service voor deze prijs. Prachtig pand, vriendelijke bediening en goed verzorgd ontbijt!
Other trip May 14, 2014
Kirsty
7 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
CH

TripAdvisor reviews for Kinkell House Hotel

"Most excellent countryside hotel"
07/09/15 suffol Scotland
Have stayed here twice, and on both occasions, I was hugely impressed with the quality of the service and lovely staff who were keen to be as helpful as possible. The views from the back-bedrooms are great, and generally there's a homely and welcoming atmosphere. It's got great character, but not ideal for anyone with limited mobility - getting my 93 y-o mother up the stairs was challenging to say the least, although she was very happy with the room when we got there! I've only had breakfast, but the food and the dining-room and service all very high standard.
"Off the Beaten Tract"
06/26/15 Docdos Rhu, United Kingdom
We had planned to stay in Helmsdale,but there was no available accomodation. Contacted hotels in Brora and Dornoch - no luck. Kinkell could accomodate us at a price which made me beieve we had stumbled on something nice and imposing. Not a converted farm down a poorly marked lane. Our little room was comfortable, twin beds, no chair or bath. It was tastefully decorated with antique look alikes. We agreed to dine at 7:30 and were looking forward to scallops and guinea fowl as posted on the menue by the reception. In the dinning room we were given a diffrent menue and told that the one by the entrance was a sample! We got our meals after a wait of about an hour as the staff were busy with a large group who came in after ourselves. we retired to the lounge area and a charming lass offered us a drink on the house to compensate for the delays.
"Brilliant Wedding and Stay"
06/12/15 939fra555 Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Stayed at Kinkell for a friends wedding on 29th May. Everything was fabulous, the staff at the hotel were amazing, couldn't do enough and nothing was a bother. Our room was lovely with everything you need including luxury towels and bathroom toiletries(Arran Aromatics). The food at the wedding was unbelievable, possibly the best Seafood buffet for starter that I have ever seen- Lobster, Prawns, Mussels, Smoked Salmon, Crab etc. The setting was perfect with beautiful views across the firth to Ben Wyvis. Breakfast was excellent and the worst part of our stay was having to leave. We will be back and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to the area or considering a wedding in the Highlands. Thanks again to Kinkell and a brilliant couple of days.
"Baffled!"
06/03/15 Gordon S Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
The reason I have titled my review "Baffled" is for no other reason than I'm baffled as to how this place actually survives! I have stayed at this hotel 4/5 times this year and the only person I have ever seen is a young girl who checked me in. This was after standing at reception for 5mins waiting on someone coming. And very pleasant she was I may add. You have to pay when you arrive because there's no one there to check you out in the morning. My issue is that every time I have called it is never answered. It trips to an O2 voicemail and maybe, just maybe, someone will call back! Monday 1st June '15, I called 4 times and left 2 voicemails and still I await a response - now the 3rd June! On a plus note I concur with other reviewers, the rooms are very nice although one I had was a bit on the small side. Can't comment on the food although I have heard both good and bad from local people who have used the restaurant. Very diffcult to find this hotel as it's out in the country down a lane between 2 private houses and I don't think many people would find it first time without driving past the entrance 2 or 3 times (as I done on every visit). The only signage is a small plaque on a wall at the entrance and is about a foot of the ground. No good when it's dark and not much better in daylight. The sign itself is akin to something you would put at your front door to let the Postie know the name of your house! As all my stays were throughout the winter months I never found it first time and I like to think of myself as well travelled. Once you find this "lane" there is nothing to suggest that this is a hotel other than a small carpark opposite. Surely it can't be that expensive to erect a sign at the entrance on the main road. Furthermore a decent sign at the hotel would be good. It always looks like it's in darkness and like I say a bit of guess work is required when trying to find. You stand outside thinking is this a hotel or someones house? I noticed a previous review where a guest had stayed and could not get a meal due to gas mains being replaced. They mentioned 1 other guest in the hotel that evening, I think that was me! Breakfast was a "help yourself" with no staff on the premises whatsoever. Not very health & safety. On the basis of this review I'm not sure if I would return to this hotel but then again I may not be welcomed with open arms lol. And because of all that - I'm baffled!
"Nice Place - Tricky to Find"
04/30/15 RossG1001 Rogers, Arkansas
This place has a great view of the Dingwall valley. Its an old farm house with a recent addition on the back to provide the hotel rooms and downstairs serving areas. Its nice with some minor plumbing issues. Pros: Great view from some rooms and restaurant. Nicely furnished and reasonable sized rooms and bathrooms. Good parking. So-So: Kind of hard to find - sign for hotel is very easy to miss on road past hotel. Cons: The new room portion of the hotel is a bit noisy due to thin walls, plumbing noise and creaking due to thermal expansion. As a broad statement, the plumbing is just a bit on the cheap side, but still functional. We booked via Expedia and breakfast was not included - it was 10 pounds per person for a below average continental breakfast.
"Excellent stay in Muir of Ord"
03/31/15 DanFrov Aberdeen, United Kingdom
We stayed in this hotel due to a Family event in Muir of Ord. Apart from difficulties of finding the Hotel it was great. The Hotel seems tidy and unassuming when you approach it from the Road between a couple of houses. Once inside you have the traditional Scottish Highland feel in decor and atmosphere. The real surprise is when you get to your rooms and they are really nice, clean, bathroom spotless and everything about the room we had was absolutely first class. We had another 2 rooms with other family members and their reaction was the same. In the morning we had the cooked breakfast and it was very good as well, the service could not have been better. In particular all the condiments and small breakfast details were highest quality and not a sugar or sauce sachet in sight everything fresh. I can not express enough how good it was.
"The Hotel With No Name!"
02/19/15 Jasper065 Glasgow, United Kingdom
We got off to a bad start. We couldn't find the place!! After driving around for half an hour, we spotted a small plaque in a walled access saying "Kinkell House". Nothing about any hotel, and two new dwellings either side of the access. Then we realised there was something down the access lane, so we drove down to find "Car Park" and "Reception" direction signs, but still no "Hotel". We only knew we had found the right hotel by comparing the adjacent building with a photo we had fortunately printed from the hotel's website. Our booking printout (LateRooms.com) even had the wrong phone number but the vet(!) told us that it is 01349 861270 (an answering machine). Thank goodness we arrived in daylight. Once settled in, the room was a joy - spacious and warm, with a grand view over the valley. The hotel too, as we enjoyed a drink in front of a roaring log fire, then a very pleasant (if pricey) dinner. Breakfast was a disappointment. Boxed cereals, no menu, and mediocre cooking. Great coffee, though. Only sting in the tail was the bill. Our food and drink (Two breakfasts, one dinner, three drinks including a glass of wine, and one coffee, all times two people) came to more than our two nights' accommodation!
"weekend break"
02/15/15 Anne E Dumfries, United Kingdom
The room was amazing. Staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The food was lovely. Scenery surrounding the area is fantastic. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again if ever in the area.
"Simply outstanding !"
01/27/15 DavidAllan2013 Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
We arrived to find we were the only guests as it opens after winter break. Despite this, the attentive but not obtrusive staff were excellent in every regard. The hotel is very well kept wth old world charm but no frayed edges - immaculate! Our room was modern, and very well appointed! We want an en-suite just like this at home. Jacuzzi bath, waterfall shower eto etc. Dinner too was very good in every regard, and the wine list is not expensive.. Unless our breakfast proves a disappointment, this is the best of its type - so far!
"A very Pleasant Surprise"
01/05/15 BrochUSA
I've stayed here a couple of times now, on the first occasion I didn't have dinner due to other commitments but on my last visit I ate there and was blown away by the quality of the food. I stay here because it's nearby one of my clients, happened upon it by chance and I always look forward to returning. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, if not a little tired, but nice and fresh and clean - the bed is firm and super-comfy, I just get the best sleep of any hotel that I stay at. The lounge is nice and cosy for a drink before dinner, and it is this that just astonishes me - the quality and standard of food, the cooked breakfast is always good but dinner is exceptional. I can't recommend this little hidden gem enough, just over the bridge from Inverness and gives you a great place to start you journey to the West Coast or far North.