All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1523 22nd Street NW, Washington, DC, 20037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

This is an older hotel, with small rooms, older furnishings and fewer amenities (e.g. no iron in room). The room was clean and the staffperson checking me in was friendly. Customers just need to have appropriate expectations for the class of hotel this is. It is about a 10 minute walk from Dupont Metro, with many restaurants nearby.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Like staying in a hostel."
This was a really interesting place. Obviously quite old. The bathrooms had been remodeled and were clean. Bed was really uncomfortable, TV didn't work, and your phone plugs just fell right out of the old outlets. It wasn't dirty or anything but it had a feeling of like an old hostel or something. It did have a kinda cool, yet seedy bar in the lobby and had stand up comedy. Overall experience wasn't terrible but it wasn't good either. No where to park was maybe my biggest hassle. Location was right in the city so maybe that's why it cost $130.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Julia
"Fantastic place"
Definitely not for those looking for a Holiday Inn. The hotel is dated, but not run down. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were clean. No issues at all. I love the atmosphere, and in a very safe feeling location in DC, that's close to the metro.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Zack
"Barely a motel"
Tiny room, terrible bed, great location and price
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Best Bachelor long weekend"
I stayed there with my two friends before the day of my wedding for 3 nights. Its a very convenient location near to the better parts of Dupont, i.e. great bars, bookstores, breakfast places and restaurants. We were mildly worried about previous reviews but as far as our hotel stay was concerned it was pleasant!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Aly
"Great location, a little weird."
The staff were pleasant, and the room was really clean. So were the premises, except the main entry hall looked kind of seedy, as did the room where breakfast was served. I was told there was a fee for breakfast, which was not what the website said. I was told there was a change in policy, but since I made my reservation before the change, that complimentary continental breakfast was honored. They really need to get a new elevator, though. Struggling with a heavy door as well as a heavy accordion gate was not pleasant. Not a good place if stairs are an issue--there's a steep stoop to the entrance. My house phone didn't work and was never fixed. WiFi was iffy at best, even with their multiple passwords. However, it was quite reasonable, and the location very close to Dupont circle was wonderful. I would recommend this hotel more to younger friends who want a reasonably-priced place to stay in a good location. Oh, and the bar/restaurant on the ground floor offers a discount if you show them your room key.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Marguerite
"Great hotel and staff!!!"
Loved everything about this hotel and would definitely stay again!
2 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Will exceed your expectations (but what are they?)"
If you're reading the other reviews thinking, "I think I might hate this place but maybe I should try it" you will hate this place even more than you expect you will. If you are reading the other reviews thinking "this place sounds strangely awesome" this hotel will be even more strangely awesome than you expect it will be. Here are few things that I loved about the Baron Inn: Check in took a while because my front desk attendant had to swipe my room key card approximately 50 times in the machine before it registered. (50 is not an overstatement). I found this to add to the charms of the Baron Inn. + Bar next door with cheap drinks. The first night I went to the bar it was a amateur stand up comedy show with about 20 acts that each was capped at 5 minutes. Acts were hit and miss but who can argue that a free surprise comedy show was value added?
3 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Clean, convenient, great bargain"
Room was fine for a single. For the price, and location, it is excellent. Only complaint was that the heater/air conditioner was really noisy - on almost constantly (but it was indeed unseasonably cold), room was still barely warm enough. But it was unusually cold for DC. Elevator is funky but does the job. Check out the Phillips gallery for some great art only 2 blocks away. Would be nice to have a clock/radio to listen to radio, and to set alarm, for those of us who aren't TV fans. Restaurant/bar is convenient, good food, good beer. Nice plus. Lugging baggage up steps, be nice to have some help, but almost nowhere in America do you get this (abroad you do, why not here?).
4 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Diana
"Good hotel, bad neighborhood"
Overall the staff and hotel were nice and friendly. However the neighborhood wasn't the greatest, you have to park on the street if you drive and my fiancé's car was stolen.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Convenient location!"
Inexpensive room. Clean. Central location in downtown DC.
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Merle
"overall good value"
Old property, boutique-y feeling, adequate basic accommodations, no frills, but not modern mattress.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Two nights in DC"
They made a good effort, but no mistake, it is a very old building. I did appreciate the clean bathroom but the room was drafty, loud (lots of traffic noise) and the mattress was poor. The maid did clean very well and the staff was polite. There is no breakfast. Coffee and hard bagels make not breakfast!
2 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
Francisco
"fine d.c. budget hotel"
a solid budget room in an expensive city, close to a metro station...only problem was when a maid threw away some of our stuff and the hotel didn't even try to reimburse for the full value
3 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
RAUL
"Won't do it again"
Didn't like it a little room that I paid 84 dollars didn't have a ice machine or soda machine I would never stay their again but the area is very fine a short walk to DuPont circle and Georgetown
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"OK if your desparate"
horrible shabby rooms junk everywhere - bad breakfast...just donuts and coffee
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Walking distance to Red Line, near Restaurants"
We stayed two nights, coming to DC by Amtrak and taking the Red Line from Union Station to Dupont Circle. Check in was easy and the room was small but clean.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Bruce
"not good"
we made hotel reseravations . We get there and and pay for our room and then they want another 150 deposit for the room in case the room gets messed up. We have never had too do two deposits on a room ever before. And we do a lot of traveling. So they SUCK really bad.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
WARREN
"Old hotel for a decent price"
Quick stay for a lower price.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Andreas
"Great value"
Older hotel but excellent value given hotels.com deal, very clean, in fabulous location. Walk few blocks to Dupont Circle, Phillips Gallery around corner, Kennedy Center about a mile walk in opposite direction through seemingly safe areas. Bathroom small but was updated & worked well, good shower. Furniture in room needs replacement desperately. Bed ok. Bar downstairs if you like that. Bar active on weekdays we were there but low key, no sleep disturbance. Might need to ask for quiet room on weekends. TV limited to mostly local cable although was supposed to receive more channels. Wifi worked.
3 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
"Five minute walk from Dupont Circle"
2nd floor is a maze. When I got to the room I was assigned and jumped into my bed, I started itching all over. I asked the receptionist if anyone had ever complained about this and she said no but did not know how to make the situation any better. She recommended me taking a shower... she half-heartedly offered a nearby room which I didn't take because it was a double... On the bright side, I passed out quickly with my last thought being "wow, I can really feel the outline of some of these bed springs." The water pressure was phenomenal--probs the best part of my stay. The ac doubled as a heater. The sheets were tucked under the bed uncomfortably. Breakfast is an additional charge -- coffee, juice/milk, mini bagels, cereal, pastries. No fruit :( Music late at night from bar downstairs.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"The Baron Hotel"
It was a nice experience overall, with pleasant staff who went the extra mile to make sure we were ok. The restaurant downstairs was also very cool, served good food, and the Assistant Manager Pete was great. The hotel is located just a few blocks from the Dupont Circle metro, and a few stops from the National Mall. The metro was very easy to get around on once we figured out how to use the metrocard! I would recommend this hotel to those who want a clean room at a reasonable price located near the metro.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Margaret
"For the "Tookish" side of you"
Look, for the money, you can't go wrong. The place is old and beat up, but does have a certain charm. Staff is very friendly and helpful. You feel like you're staying in an 18th century boarding house, which I suppose is, in fact, exactly what you are doing. There is a very funky, friendly dive bar downstairs with a super cheap restaurant and you get a 15% discount on food and drink. So, a delicious chicken wrap with crunchy fries that usually sells for $8 is yours for only $6.80 (that's dinner for $6.80!). And, they have over 100 beers from around the world. Remember, you're just a couple of blocks from Dupont Circle. My only real problem is that I was there on business and needed to iron my shirts. The cheap (and ancient) table top ironing boards are nothing short of unusable. Upon checking out, I told the staff that I would go on Amazon, buy them a decent ironing board and have it shipped directly to the hotel, so long as they would set it aside for me on future visits. The general manager said, "Cool." Honestly, I could ship my own personal ironing board there each time I visit and still save money. And, as a back up, Georgetown Cleaners is right around the corner, and they provide same day service so long as you get your stuff in before 9:30ish. If you're on a budget, want to stay in DC's premier neighborhood, and lean a bit less "Baggins" and a bit more "Tookish," then stay here. Bring you own ironing board.
3 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Room too small for me or for what you normally exp"
Wow...where to start. 1. Room was incredibly small 2. No iron or iron board in room...had to ask at front desk 3. Forgot my toothpaste. They had no small ones to give away 4. Breakfast was ok but nothing special 5. No coffee maker in room....possibly because the room was so small 6. No carpeting in room....linoleum floor 7. Desk too low All in all, not one I'll use again
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
gary
"Rather tired but good price/location"
One staff member was very unwelcoming - almost rude, the others were great.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"What do you expect for the price"
The only plus about this hotel was the location. I guess that's what you get for the price. After given 2 sets of keys that didn't work we were sent to a room that wasn't even cleaned. Once we were finally sent to a cleaned room it had some sort of toothpaste all over the ceiling. It also did not have any hot water. Luckily we were only crashing for one night so it didn't matter much.
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
"Good for the value"
The room was comfortable, if a little spare. But it worked for a little getaway, and location was great. Only thing that marred my stay was the fact that my room was next to the fire escape, and I think someone was smoking out there. All the rooms were supposed to be nonsmoking, but I definitely had smoke smell in my room.
3 night trip Jan 16, 2015
cheap, old elevator, nice room, quiet in weekday. walk about 10min from dupon cir station. lots of restaurant.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"dont book this hotel"
the double room was really small. elevator war terrible! it is small and hard to open its door. not much clean room. when cleaning they dont change towels!! the worst is that water was cold and the staff did not care when I told them!
4 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
Fatemeh
"Second timer"
I chose this hotel because it was cheap. I had been there before to cut cost on a trip to DC and thought the wife would be ok with going again. It's not great. But for two people on a tight budget it's worth it. Rather save a little on a hotel and spend more on food and entertainment. A short 5-10 minute walk to dupont meto station. I'd go again.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
47 yrs old male
"Good value for price"
Reasonable place - convenient location, good waitstaff. Room was a little cold and bed only mediocre, but good value for the price.
2 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Timothy
"Great location near Dupont Circle"
Warm staff. Equipped with Bath & body works. First floor is a bar closes at 11-12. Breakfast is mainly with sweet foods.
1 night trip Dec 17, 2014
Yingfei
"Baron stay"
Great place to stay! Very affordable and close to DC's attractions.
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"The Baron is a good deal"
Ideal location for business and meetings. Continental breakfast is dismal, but the area is a foodie paradise. For the price, can't go wrong.
3 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Curtis
"$100 Box for 8 Hrs of SLEEP"
Sleep is all you will do unless you planned a "cops come knocking" stay. The only TV is DCTV + 5 or 6 other standard channels. The room was like a prison cell with a private bath/behavioral hospital room. THERE IS NO BUSINESS CENTER. There is an eMachine with no software or an internet browser. It has even less speed than it does basic business use. If you point out that you booked for the amenities advertised, they will call a cab to transport you to a sister hotel and shove cash from their own pocket in your hands to pay the driver. At the sister hotel, your room is much more quaint than stark and you will have a blanket on your bed. The eMachine waiting you will not be any better. Cancel all of your impending business and let the chips fall where they may or lose it a second time. Perfect example of jacking the prices for "absolutely nothing" to keep others out.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Jane Smith
Old Hotel but very clean...bed was uncomfortable (springs creaking and poking). Good value for where it is.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
wendy
"Very basic pub hotel"
It's a very basic pub hotel and not much more. The location is perfectly situated between Dupont Circle and the sceninc part of Georgetown, but aside from the free breakfast, which I didn't get to try, there are not many other positives. The bed was not comfortable and thermostat was uncooperative at times, making for either a really cold or really hot experience.
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
EJ
"Good option for the price and location"
Hotel is in a good location, walkable to restaurants and public transportation. The description and price indicates a fairly no-frills hotel so the service was basic but the staff will assist when asked. The room is small but nice with a window air conditioner and a good sized TV and cable. Get ice before going upstairs since ice is only available from the bar on the first floor. Avoid the tiny old-school elevator whenever possible especially if curious or uncoordinated hands are involved. Overall, a good value for the price.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"A Cheap Room in an Expensive City"
I moved out after a single night, despite the financial consequences. The Baron has such reasonable room rates because they "save" money by not providing little things like heat in the winter. My room was small and cramped; rather less comfortable than those our "guests" at Guantanamo are provided with. To sum up, "Never again!"
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Great Location, but 1908 hotel is showing its age"
This 1908 hotel could certainly use an upgrade, but that would almost certainly put it out of most people's price range, given its location just off DuPont Circle and at the edge of Rock Creek Park. Still, the creaky stairs and labyrinth hallways and tiny rooms (mine was taller than it was wide) have undeniable vintage charm: This is how all business travelers fared a century ago. Try not to get put on the second level; you'll be right above the nightclub/comedy club, the sounds of which project right up through the floor. The included breakfast is modest indeed--you'll probably just opt for a bowl of Cheerios.
2 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"The Baron Hotel, Washington, DC"
The room was very small, but very clean and comfortable. Nice amenities in the bathroom. Good buffet breakfast. Great neighborhood. Convenient to everything. Very old elevator and steep front steps. No help with the luggage.
2 night trip Dec 9, 2014
"Cheap and convenient"
For the price we paid, it was what I expected. Nothing very fancy. I liked its location, very near Dupont Circle and the Dupont Circle metro station. It was very noisy though every evening, after all, the hotel has a pub downstairs. I wish there was a ramp to help clients carry up/down their luggage from the street. The bathroom was clean and the room was cleaned well everyday.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Monica
"Good stay in DC"
Nice location and very pleasant staff.
2 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2014
"Clean quiet hangout...with beer!"
I *loved* being at the hotel. Great atmosphere with lots of community activities/events in the bar area daily, and my room was still quiet. The basement bar has over 20 beers on tap and it's a legitimate relaxed hangout. The hotel is older, but it's extremely clean. Great location about 5 minutes' walk from the Dupont Circle metro stop. Next time I have to work in DC, I'll stay there.
3 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
"They didn't hold my reservation."
When I arrived to check in I was told there was "a problem with the room" (i.e. overbooked). I was moved to a sister hotel in an inconvenient location and put in a basement unit that was smaller than the reserved room. I was too flustered to bother arguing or requesting a discount. The new hotel was unacceptable. I was looking forward to staying at the Baron for a second time, but my visit was soured with the hotel's inability to hold a reservation.
2 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
"Cheap and functional with good food"
I love the Baron Hotel. Cheap, functional,with with excellent burgers at thew downstairs restaurant. It is not for leisure travelers, but I am someone who makes many brief trips to DC on business as I an on the board of a DC-based NGO; as such it is perfect for me,
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Nicholas
"Great hotel for the price."
For the price this is a great hotel. The room we had was clean and the bathroom was even quite nice. Our brief interaction with the staff was pleasant. The best feature is the location. There is a bar in the basement that you must pass to get to the lobby. In my book this is a good thing; there were many beers on tap. Staying on the 4th floor I did not hear any noise from the bar at night, but it is a busy place that plays music, so perhaps on other floors there might be some noise. Also there was a burlesque show somewhere in the building and so we had to pass sign that had a cartoon burlesque girl on it. Also not a problem for me, but some people may be put off.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
Ian
"A nice inexpensive hote."
This a a nice, clean, quiet (4th floor room) inexpensive hotel. My room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was just fine. I would happily stay there again.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
nock
"Good value for area."
I was in DC for a conference and got closed out of the conference hotel. Searched for something close and in an interesting area at reasonable cost. This fit the bill. It was not luxurious (no exercise room or pool). Although rooms were small the hotel was functional and I never felt unsafe. Bar and club on first floor.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Academic
Ok, friendly and clean. Sometimes (exceptionally) loud bar music. Free wifi coffee and water. No breakfast included! Good price/quality relationship
Other trip Nov 22, 2014