All hotels in Dongguan, China
Lin Pin Road Daping Tangxia Town, Dongguan, Guangdong, 523722, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0

Ms Chung

TripAdvisor reviews for Mission Hills Resort Dongguan

"Played golf in June"
06/15/15 PhilWong Manila, Philippines
We were 8 men in the group. It was the first time for most of them. We played the challenging Norman course. The courses excellent but we suffered under the heat. Best time to go is in the fall when it's much cooler. We had a bad experience though, a member of the group had his money stolen from their room safe while we were out playing. They caught the thief but it put damper to our otherwise fun outing.
"Grace of Golf Travel Highly Recommends Mission Hills Resort Dongguan China"
05/27/15 Grace_of_Golf_Travel Nashville, Tennessee
I'll start by saying I'm a member of a Travel Writers Association. It's my job to review hotels, golf courses and restaurants. While this place is not perfect, it represented a fantastic experience. The resort hotel is spectacularly appealing and my room was spacious and worthy of a 5* resort. The lobby and bar were equal to the quality of the room. Even though the greens had been recently punched, the fairways and rough were in great shape and one could easily envision the courses in mint condition. It was just slow putting. Probably one of the biggest problems at the resort is the lack of English spoken by the staff. But they make up for it by not giving up to resolve any issues or answer questions. There were always a couple of people around whose English was adequate. As someone noted recently, the breakfast buffet was not perfect, but they do not cater to Americans. However, I found more than enough excellent food to start my day. I recommend having eggs or an omelet prepared for you. I played the Olazábal course, playing the gold tees. That was probably a mistake even though I carry an 8.9 handicap. It's a bit long, measuring almost 6900 yards. I had a lot of long irons and fairway metals to the greens as a result. As an American, the caddy experience is something that is rare for us. I was paired with a two-ball so my caddy drove the cart. She spoke decent English and the treat of having someone handle every detail, including lining up the putts with the logo line was interesting. And she could read the putts. Day two was the Norman course and one of the staff had recommended blue tees, even though he had suggested the gold for the first round. This made the round much more enjoyable with reasonable shots to the greens. My caddy wasn't quite as sharp on the second day, but I had more fun as I played with a Chinese father-son who spoke perfect English. Bottom line, check the yardage before deciding your tees, even if you are a single-digit handicap. The service provided by the golf services staff is commendable. A cart carries you to the practice range and later, another one with you caddy retrieves you to take you to the first tee. The staff is the cart staging area are extremely polite, making for a great experience. I sat at the bar several times and the staff there were most enjoyable. They quickly treated me as a regular and it was a great place to relax. I also have to give a nod to the concierge desk. Due to flight delays with American Airlines, one of my bags was delayed in getting to Hong Kong and ultimately to the resort. Fortunately, it wasn't my golf clubs. But after getting numerous run arounds from the delivery service, the concierge got aggressive and got my bags delivered a little quicker than the service intended. The down side of Mission Hills includes the cost of getting from the Hong Kong airport to the resort. Of course, this is not the fault of the resort, but is something to consider when pricing your trip. And, as mentioned previously, they need more English speaking staff. Lastly, in some ways, I felt like I was in Hawaii considering the look of the golf courses and the feel of the hotel. BUT, even though I have been to Hawaii about 20 times, I believe Mission Hills is far superior to any place I have stayed in Hawaii. And even when you factor airfares and transportation costs to the resort, Mission Hills is a better bargain and experience than anywhere in Hawaii.
"Awesome, soulless but super all in one"
05/13/15 Dale H Melbourne, Australia
After deciding to visit Mission Hills again with a group of friends to play golf, we opted to stay at Dongguan instead of Shenzhen. The resort is massive, golf unbelievable but the expense of staying at the place has dramatically increased. As much as our group loved the resort and golf, the cost of eating or drinking in the resort is extrememly high. If you decide to visit and stay, be aware of the price of things before hand. Golf courses played over our stay - leadbetter, world cup, pete dye and annika - all in super condition and the caddies great. We're told whilst there that may / June is when they perform most of the maintenance on the courses, so again beware of this when booking around this time of the year. Speak to the resort about planned or recently performed maintenance. Will be back again one day, but having now played all courses at the resort, it will be a while.
"Great Golf and Stay"
04/10/15 Qboss S Vancouver, Canada
My friends and I were able to book direct with Mission Hill Staff (Yuki) for golf, stay and transportation. If it wasn't for her kind and thoughtful assistance, we would of try somewhere else. Rooms were clean, caddies were great/knowledgable and the golf courses are in mint condition. I can't give 5 stars because the breakfast buffet was just average.
"Good place to stay can get to be great with a bit better service!"
03/22/15 Bala66 Dubai
I was there earlier in March traveling with my 14 year old son playing a golf tournament. Trip started on a wrong note as Mission Hills messed up our airport transfer from Guangzhou airport & person who came to pick us up did not have even the hotel board! after a struggle for an hour located the driver & got to the resort. Overall our stay of 6 nights was a good experience, though at key touch points a resort of such standard should ensure there are staff available with reasonable English communication skills. This was a challenge. A staff to be commended for excellent service is Mr Sky Yang from the concierge desk, went beyond his call of duty to help us in many ways. The spa out here is great and the bar has a good band.
"A Fantastic Hotel for Family"
01/06/15 simonslsiu Hong Kong Region, China
We have been there for a one-night stay during the Christmas holiday. The hotel is luxury and the environment is fantastic. The activities room provides wide range of in-door and out-door games for kids as well as the indoor warm water swimming pool. My kids love the mini golf very much. I was particularly impressed by the warm hospitality of their staff at reception counter and the restaurants. We have purchased the Family Fun Fun package. The price of the package and restaurant are reasonable and the food are very nice. Overall, we are very pleased to be here for a memorable holiday and will definitely back again.
"Lovely overall package"
12/27/14 Eden C Hong Kong, China
I'm probably the only person reviewing this hotel who's not a golfer, so hopefully I will be able to give more insight as to the overall outlook of the hotel, asides from golf facilities. Mission Hills Dongguan offers many facilities other than golf, though golf is still the main thing. There is a bicycle rental service which I tried out. The bikes are in good condition, though do remember to check the brakes and handlebars before you rent them out. You can point out minor problems to the staff and they will fix it for you quickly. There are different kinds of bicycles, the kind which is like a go-cart, tricycles, normal bikes etc. There is a designated area which is extremely tiny and lined with tyres, so it is ideal for small kids (really small kids, like age 6 or below) and a wooden-boarded path which is slightly longer. Half an hour is more than sufficient. Although the price is calculated per hour, you can bargain with the staff, e.g. originally you are paying for one bike for an hour, you can barter for two bikes for half an hour. The petting zoo is extremely small, but the path it is on is overall worth taking. The path includes the petting zoo and the organic farm, and passes through a small hill and a playground. Overall it should take around half an hour, and would make a good walk in the morning. There are pigs, pigeons, parrots, turtles, rabbits and even a goat in the petting zoo. The animals and the zoo are in good condition. The animals are clean and healthy, and the overall environment is good. The organic farm is tiny, and also some plants are incorrectly labelled. However, it will still make an interesting experience for young kids. The Eco-path is also worth taking. It is a paved path and so should not be too difficult. It does takes around two hours in total, but is very comfortable. There are "rest spots" available along the path. I only completed half of the path due to time constraint, but hopefully I will still be able to give some insight. The Goddess of Mercy Statue is exactly what its name is: a white marble statue of Guanyin. It is surprisingly clean and looks nice. There is also a bit of information on the goddess which non-Chinese visitors will find helpful. Along the path you will pass by some apartments and low-rise buildings, as well as golf greens (what do you call that?). There are plenty of scenic spots to take photos at. As for the trick-eye museum, it is very small but an interesting place to take photos at. It's clean, and the 3D illusions do indeed work. Taking photos there would take up around only fifteen minutes, so do drop by. I did visit the gym, and that was a pleasant experience. The gym is large and well equipped. There are coaches/trainers around to help and give advice. Machines are clean and in good condition. The locker room was also large and well equipped. PS: You have to get a locker key from the desk in the gym. The showers were well fitted with amenities, including basic beauty care products. There are many golfing stores in the resort, however as I am not a golfer I cannot tell whether the products are reasonably priced or of good quality. There is a Starbucks in the hotel. It is large and quiet, and not very frequented. As for food, I had dinner at the Chinese restaurant, and that was probably the worst experience in the entire trip. Do remember to book in advance, or you will have to wait for a long time to get a table (I waited for an hour!). The restaurant was poorly managed; there were many empty tables but due to reservations (those people were WAY too late for the staff to hold up a table for them--it was 7:30 and their reservation was at 7) we were not allowed to go in. There were people jumping the queue by offering money to the staff (those people were most likely frequent guests at the hotel or even patrons). Communication between staff was poor. I had to wait for a few minutes before I gave up and grabbed a chair so I could sit down at my table, as we were missing two chairs. The staff also had to confirm with each other which dishes should be served to which tables. However, the food was good and worth the price. The set meals were more than enough for three people, which was the serving size. Food was fresh and delicious. The breakfast buffet was a totally different scenario. While there was also a lot of people, tables were far apart, giving me a comfortable "personal space bubble". Large tables seating up to 10 are available. There was a large variety of food and drinks. Chefs can also cook noodles, omelettes, crepes, etc for you upon request. Food was constantly refilled. Food was delicious and fresh, which I enjoyed. The staff at the resort are generally helpful. However, they are not very informed or well trained. If you have been to Club Med before, you will understand what I mean when I say "There is no question about the hotel they have no answer to." This needs improvement. The person directing traffic was not able to tell me where a certain path led, and he was also unable to give information about places mentioned not he road sign next to him. The only thing visitors could have asked him was for directions, and he could not give even that. Training needs to improve. I also viewed some property for sale. Surprisingly, the saleswoman was extremely polite, helpful and had an awesome attitude. She accompanied our party throughout and arranged golf carts for transportation. She entertained all of our questions and was honest about the faults of the property. There was also a souvenir after the tour. Overall the resort is large, spacious and clean. It is definitely not crowded; you won't be seeing a lot of people around. The rooms, even the smallest and cheapest kind, are large. The beds are however a bit on the small side, though still very comfortable. Each room has a large balcony with two armchairs and a small table. You have to pay extra for a lake view, though I do not think it is worth it. Both views are equally nice in my opinion, and since you won't be spending the day sitting in the balcony, your money would be better spent elsewhere. Rooms are just like what you would expect of a five-star hotel; well-equipped and clean. There are regular renovations and shuttle bus services, some of which cost some money. The grounds and facilities at the resort are good, but the "software"--the staff, still needs improvement. Travelled with family, Dec 2014.
"Golf Golf & Golf"
12/17/14 James A M Deer Park
Nine of us met in Hong Kong and then went to Mission Hills to play golf.The hotel here was one of the best I have stayed in.Excellent sized rooms with all requirements you need.Staff were fantastic if wanted to be critical English not being first langrage but this a very minor issue compared to everything else.All I can say if a golfer you wld think you are in heaven.
"Great stay in Golf paradise"
12/09/14 lajbo
I have been here two times with a group of golf friends from Prague. If you want to have a perfect golf vocation, this is it! We played 10 different courses of total 12, both Shenzhen and Dongguan. All you can expect from golf experience in Asia, but in huge space, hundreds of caddies, all wery well organised. If you go out to the city, do not forget the take a name card of the hotel resort, or better a map, as taxi drivers from city usualy are not able to find a place easily... Will come back!
"We're Back!!"
11/30/14 David U Sydney, Australia
After an amazing stay in 2013 our Group returned to Mission Hiils Dongguan Hotel for another wonderful experience. We played 3 different courses and the facilities and luxury of the Dongguan Hotel were as enjoyable as we remembered and Brian Cheng & his team were outstanding. This year we travelled in November instead of October, and the difference a month makes was incredible with beautiful golf conditions and little or no humidity. A must do for golfers 😃