All hotels in Dongguan, China

Location is ok
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"Beautiful Resort"
Great hotel and staff. Only issue is weak wifi. Not good when compared to other hotels we stayed at during our trip. Great place but need to fix wifi
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2016
Halena

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"great hotel!"
great hotel for family. There are alot of facilities for the kids to have fun by themselves while the adults go golfing.
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
Annie
One of my friends recommended this place. She came with her husband for golf last year. I'm not a big fan of golf but doesn't matter at all, this place is far beyond my expectation even for a non-golfer. The hotel is quiet and peaceful with such great view and environment. money well spent. But are u kidding me, five golf courses at one place!! My husband would kill for this resort. Heard their Haikou hotel has ten golf courses, we are already planning a trip there.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
Joly
HK

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"讓人放鬆的休閒飯店"
是一家適合親子休閒旅遊的優質飯店。唯一不足的是室內泳池只有三道左右,比較屬於親子戲水區,不適合成人單獨做游泳的運動。
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2016
pi ju
TW
"Pleasant"
Very relax environment, whereas the location is a bit far away. But overall a very pleasant stay.
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2016
"餐廳衛生有待改善,刀叉跌落地又放回枱上"
交通極為不便
1 night trip with friends Dec 25, 2015
"Pikavisiitti Mission Hillsissä"
Hotelli tavanomaisen pramea. Golf klubilla rennompi meininki kuin Schentzenin Mission Hilssissä ja hyvä ruoka. Kentistä ainakin Olazabal erittäin vaativa ja erittäin hieno.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2015
Jarmo
FI
"가족 여행"
위치를 제외하면 정말 나무랄데가 없네요. 리조트라 안에 마트도 있구요 (좀 비싸긴 함) 어린 아이들 놀 수 있는 놀이 시설 그리고 바베큐장, 산책 코스, 작은 동물원 그리고 농장 등도 있어서 2박 3일 정도 일정으로 오면 좋을 것 같습니다.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Jungmin
KR
"Simple and authentic food !"
Simple and authentic food - it always defines the best dining experience. We also enjoyed watching the chefs at the live noodles station in the clubhouse restaurant. I would be interested in taking a noodles making class with their chefs!
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
"交通不便,但職員有禮."
交通不便,酒店較舊,但職員有禮,環境清靜.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
ki shu
"A relaxing family trip"
Check in is quite efficient. Welcome drink and wifi is provided at the lobby. Wifi is also free inside the room, but very slow in speed. Room design is great, a separate dressing area is also provides which is impressing. The spacious bathroom have bath tube and shower. The balcony is big with golf view. Not much recreation facility and dining choice available. The swimming pool size is not very big, but interesting. Some kids activities is provided during summer, that makes this hotel more attractive for family trip. Overall the hotel is tidy and clean in high standard, this is an outstanding advantage comparing to many local 5 stars hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2013
Ms Chung
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Mission Hills Resort Dongguan

"Golf Extravaganza At Mission Hills"
05/01/16 Barry N Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
In mid April, I, along with four friends and another 39 members of my Golf Club from Rosebud in Melbourne, Australia travelled to Mission Hills Golf Resort via Hong Kong. After a two hour RV ride through the China Border we arrived at Mission Hills and quite honestly, even though our expectation had been set by our tour leaders, we were blown away. What an exceptionally well appointed & marvellous hotel facility, all the rooms were very large and luxuriously appointed. We were lucky enough to have a lake or golf course facing room with a balcony that overlooked the eighteenth hole of the Olazabal Golf Course. This was a stunning view of a magnificent golf hole & course which we were lucky enough to play on later in the week. We played five continuous days of golf on five out of the twelve championship beautiful golf courses that are within the entire complex of Mission Hills, Dongguan, Shenzhen & Mid-Valley. Each course is extremely well maintained and easily accessible by hotel provided shuttle buses which run each 30 minutes to all the courses. What makes the golf absolutely sensational, is the fact that once you have booked your courses for the week, your golf clubs, which are checked in on arrival, are then delivered to your golf cart each morning, ready for your round of golf. This applies no matter whether you are playing at Dongguan, Mid-Valley or Shenzhen complexes. The other exceptional thing is the provision of your own personal caddy for each round. These ladies are extremely knowledgeable about golf, the courses that you are playing, the yardages on each hole, (for us Aussies we had to do the mental conversion to metres), and the club that they suggest that you use. They even mark your ball on the green, clean the ball and place it so that it is facing the line that you should put it on. They are also very happy girls and make for a very happy environment during your round. Even though they are paid minimal amounts by the resort, all golfers are expected to tip them for their caddying during the round and we found that an amount of between 150-200 RMB was appropriate. At the end of each round the caddy will clean your clubs and arrange for them to be transported to the resort for your next golf round. We found the service at the resort, especially in the bar areas to be good and in some restaurants it was also good. In some restaurants the service could be a little slow at times. Again we could not fault the attitude and friendliness of all customer facing staff. The food quality varied by restaurant. At the Melange Lounge, near main lobby, it was excellent, at the World Kitchen Club Lounge it was excellent, at the World Kitchen Breakfast Buffet it was very good, especially the custom omelet which was exceptional. The Korean restaurant was good without being exactly traditional barbecue, and the Japanese restaurant was very good. Overall the food quality ranged from good to excellent. The guest services, concierge etc were very good and even though English language at times was a struggle to get someone to understand, they would ask you to wait while they went and got someone who had a better understanding of the English language. The hardest to have you understand were the phone service staff at housekeeping where many explanations were repeated and sometimes you would need to go down to the concierge desk to ensure that your requirement was understood. Obviously more English language staff trying is required. Having said that, it must be understood that China is not a country where English is anywhere near the first language spoken and we must take this into account. Overall, even given some interpretation issues at times, the guest services provided excellent service. Maybe the management could employ a few more English speaking foreigners into the management areas to help train the staff in these English language skills. So in summary I could not speak more highly of the Mission Hills Resort, its quality of accomodation, the food, the service and the outstanding golf & caddies provided on exceptional quality golf courses. As a golfer you had many choices of courses to match your ability. Overall their are some twelve high quality golf course to choose from. An exceptional golf holiday and I will definitely be returning with China Golf Experience when they arrange their next visit to Mission Hills.
"Fantastic"
04/10/16 Ross M Whitsunday Islands, Australia
This is my second visit to this complex with the first some 3 years prior. Stayed 10 nights with 8 games of golf. Superlatives do not do justice to the accomodation and courses. Just fantastic. Had absolutely no problems at all during the stay and found the staff very helpful. Good food, great courses, excellent caddies and just a golfers dream. Very very highly recommend for golfing tragics like myself.
"Great hotel. Stay here for golfing"
04/08/16 John D Sydney, Australia
We came back to Mission Hills Golf Resort a second time as last yea's trip was great. This time we stayed in their Dong Guan hotel and I must say the rooms were much larger and better. Service was generally good except that there were not many people who could speak english. It is very convenient for golfing as all we needed to do was to head down to the golf reception close to our tee times and they will have our bags all prepared.
"Great for golf - Melange bar fantastic - language skills needing a tweak"
03/23/16 Gordon_T61 Parkdale
With a group of 16, stayed at Mission hills Dongguan. Room was geat - ideally next time would love a view of the Olazabel course. We were in 1020 and had a nice balcony, and nice view of the mountains. Rooms have everything you want on a golf trip - limited English speaking TV, but you're there for the golf and frivolity! Must go place is the Korean Restaurant and have the Korean Grill and Kim Chee Hot Pot - was a great meal. Melange bar - two of the best staff I've ever seen - Linda who made a point of knowing the names of all our group and Gm. Made our group feel special - and they were superb! Say hi to Linda - you'll be impressed. Overall , English skills of most of the hotel were not as strong as when I stayed at Shenzhen in the past -, esp. as you went to pro shops, etc. ''Breakfast was good - but explore the local options and noodle station and get an omelette rather than loiter at the Bain Marie - won't be disappointed! It is a walk from the accommodation to breakfast - and back again. Make sure you try the spa - the women won't let you leave with a knot in your muscles....but be prepared for a tear or two! Great place for a golf trip - the courses speak for themselves, but the hospitality is ok too
"Good Place"
03/07/16 Roberto M
I stay at the hotel for 2 days,,I really enjoyed and good for realxation.chinese restaurant is good and service is excellent,melange bar is nice bar staff and singer are friendly but the guitarist is rude and don't know how to entertain the guest,shame.so the management should take an action for this person not good for your business.
"Best hotel in Dongguan"
02/25/16 Furtus Haegendorf, Switzerland
I have been here for the first time and I have to say I am really impressed. I used to play golf here a couple of times but never stayed in the hotel until now. The rooms are huge and excellent. All have balconys with seats and a table outside and you can enjoy the view and have a nice break sitting outside your room (never seen that in China before). Service was excellent and first class. Prices during weekdays are very reasonable and therefore an all-in-all first class experience. I would recommend this hotel to everybody who has to stay in Dongguan. One disadvantage is the breakfast is 5 -10 min walk in another building.
"Pervs abound"
02/23/16 Carol R Chongqing, China
The place is good the scenery is amazing. The staff are very nice, However when I go to the bar to listen to the bands music, I find the music ok, That is until some white people walk in, The singers try to please them by singing their music which is not appropriate for the lobby bar.Touching the waitresses and the singers, shameless. Singers hates them, particularly one guest who writes them off. He makes sexual advances with the singers or the staffs, otherwise he will write a letter to the management for poor service. They call him Criss what a pervert, management should look into his affairs. he already terminated many singers for turning him down, The lobby bar is a good place to relax and listen to the music, but with this perv around, the place suddenly seemed like a low class hookers bar!
"Looks great on the surface, but scratch a little deeper and ...."
02/16/16 Craig D Queensland, Australia
This is our second visit to Mission Hills and staying at the MH Dongguan Resort. On the surface, this looks like a glamorous 5 star resort and it almost is. If you book a lake view room and you are high enough up (at least 12th floor) the view from your spacious balcony is spectacular. The rooms themselves are very spacious for a standard room. The bed is a super large king size, although as a hard as a rock. The staff at the hotel try to be helpful and genuinely do their best, but you have to be prepared for the fact that this is a very local environment and English is about a 3 1/2 out of 10. Hence, trying to get any issues resolved is a real challenge. For example, we were there in February and it was on the cool side. But the rooms were quite warm. The temperature control in the room would go down, but the room temperature kept increasing, so much so, we had to sleep with the balcony door open. I kept telling the reception about the problem and they kept saying they would fix the issue, but it didn't happen. There is a huge fitness centre which is well equipped with LifeFitness equipment. The biggest issue, and it is a huge issue, is the lack of restaurants that in any way cater for the western taste. It is a bit of a strange arrangement that the restaurant where breakfast is served is in the golf clubhouse, which is a short walk from the hotel. The offerings are very Asian for breakfast, but you can get by. It is the evening that poses the biggest issue. There is a bar/restaurant off the lobby serving western food, like pizza, pasta, salads, but the quality is pretty ordinary. A shared entree, salad and a pasta and bottle of cheaper wine will set you back RMB 800. Then you have the World Cafe (where breakfast is served) and a Chinese restaurant. Both are very local (and I lived 14 years in Hong Kong, so I am quite open as it comes to food). The next choice is to take a 30 minute shuttle to the MH Mall, where apart from shopping (which is quite good), there are a few other restaurants. The only restaurant that in any way appealed was a sports bar, but don't expect too much and note that at 8.30pm, the smoking controls come off and everyone lights up, so that is a big negative to me. The hotel provides complimentary shuttles from the Dongguan hotel to the Mid Valley golf clubhouse and then to the Shenzhen clubhouse and on to the Mall. This is a good service and runs like clockwork. However, be aware the the shuttle bus drivers are on a tight schedule (too tight in my opinion) and it can be a hair raising, high speed and at times dangerous experience. I can't see why they can't change the schedule to 45 minutes, rather than 30 minutes, which is too tight. That way the buses could travel at a slower and much safer speed. Last comment, this is a golfing resort. I would not recommend this hotel unless you come to play the wonderful Mission Hills golf courses. There is nothing to do, except a spa treatment if you don't play golf. The Luo Wo shopping in Shenzhen is an hour drive away. Having said all this, as a golfer, it was a great trip and worth putting up with the issues I raised above.
"Round of golf"
12/30/15 Truecommentsaregood
I think Mission Hills Dogguan is a very good place for golfing, relaxing and it's the holiday place. Mission Hills Dongguan has a very wide variety of challenging courses from the bunkers of Olazabal to the greens of Norman. The facilities in Missions Hills Dogguan are all very clean and nice. I recommend for you to come to Mission Hills and experience the life!
"A must in a lifetime for a golfer."
09/28/15 Aussie_Ace2
Wow. Where to start. 12 Fantastic golf courses. 5 star resort. Exceptional service. I surprised my wife by taking her to Mission Hills for our 20th wedding anniversary. (China). The resort is definitely 5 star and amazing. In some previous reviews I have seen lack of English a negative, but we found staff were learning English and many were super keen to practice with us. A big thank you to Linda (lounge bar), Nicole (business center), Jondy and Gen (lounge bar), who all went above and beyond to make our stay fantastic. The running of 12 courses was amazing. Where ever you are playing your bag mysteriously appears. They have multiple golf shops for clothes and gear. The down stairs shop has the cheapest balls. Some were 2 for 1. You will need heaps. Prices for golf gear more expensive than Australia. Titliest Pro V1 499RMB $125. Caddies were good despite little english, although not as good as green reading as I found the Thai. The courses great, with some interesting holes, but expensive. We played Olazabal, Leadbetter, Peter Dye, Faldo & Annika. All had their great points. We played mid Sept which was just out of their wet season. This means we played in 32c temp with 90% humidity and no ball run. We got one day of rain which is where the caddies were priceless. They expect you to play in all conditions except lightning. No refunds. The good thing about this time of year was it was quiet. We teed off around 10 each day and never had a round over 4 hours. I was told by locals that in a few weeks time you will not get a round in under 5 hours. Although they have marshals who issue written warnings. They time you by each hole. ????? The resort runs a shuttle bus every 30 mins between Dongguan, middle valley and Shenzhen. ( 5 courses at Dongguen, Faldo & Dye at middle valley, and the other 5 at Shenzhen.) From Shenzhen you can catch shuttles to the border and I was told their new shopping mall when open. The only down side was the pool was a long walk from the lobby. Often we were the only ones in it. They had heaps of rec activities, eg billiard room with 4 tables, but they charged for using anything. All 4 tables were not level and the guy came back at 50 minutes to say "hour up" despite no one else being there. These were the small things that the Chinese have not quite got right about 5 star. When we could not log on to email or facebook the business staff were fantastic to try to fix the problem. It was after a while we realized it was the Chinese strict firewalls that stopped us. Lucky I have another email account other than gmail so I could contact my parents. Overall a once in a lifetime trip. Will I be going back - maybe. The accommodation was cheap but the golf expensive. If going back to the area I would definitely stay here, If going for a golf holiday I would probably go back to Thailand ( Black Mountain.) or the Gold Coast.