All hotels in Vienna, Austria
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereWagramer Straße 51, Vienna, Vienna, 1220, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0

2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
AT

TripAdvisor reviews for Strandhotel Alte Donau

04/28/15 Hannah A Prague, Czech Republic
I can’t remember the girls name who checked us in but she has a wonderful manor about her and her service was exemplary. A real asset to the hotel I’d imagine. From a service industry myself it’s always refreshing to see fantastic passion for serving customers well and her knowledge of the local area and transport was perfect. Price of the bar was also very reasonable as I was surprised how expensive the centre was. Parking was also easy and we were close enough to get to the centre in 10-15 minutes. A wonderful stay for our first time in Austria and we will certainly stay at your hotel again in the future.
"Doesn't get any better"
03/17/15 Exploring_CA San Ramon, CA
Our family (me, hubby, 2yo) stayed at the Strandhotel for a long weekend. I love, love, love this hotel. It is a family run business with very friendly service. Everything was ready when we arrived early, our suitcase was brought to our room while we checked in and got an overview of what to do. Room was spacious, very clean and the made up crib including baby towel were made up and ready. There was always somone around when we needed someone. And breakfast was delicious! It is a bit outside of the city center, but within an easy 10min subway ride (easy even with baby girl and stroller). We will be back, hopefully soon!
"Visit to UN Office at Vienna"
02/28/15 Anup B
Stayed in Strandhotel Alte Donneau during my official visit to UN office. Excellent hotel with very helpful staff. 10 minutes walk from Vienna International Center where the UN Building is located. Has very beautiful waterfront. Breakfast is very good if you eat nonveg. McDonald is near for a quick dinner. I have really enjoyed the stay and recommend it if you are visiting VIC.
"Great value, clean, great location"
02/23/15 andrewpderry Chamonix, France
Budget hotel in Alte Donau Vienna. Right next to the river and the tram stop. Very clean, friendly staff, great breakfast (included) and very good value. I needed to have access to the centre of town and the tram stop was just 100m away. Also, it has free parking - great for Vienna. Generally ideal for a business stopover in Vienna
"Ideal Vienna HotelThis"
12/27/14 David R Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
This is a splendid family run hotel which my wife and I have been visiting at least once a year every year for nearly two decades. The rooms are comfortable and stylish (a number are fully air conditioned) with a great attention to detail. For example there is a fridge (not a minibar!) and they provide wine glasses in addition to the usual tumblers despite the fact that the Hotel has a very reasonably priced bar,They have a constant programme of improvement (the most recent being tea and coffee making facilities in each room). Nothing is too much trouble for the Partik family and their staff and you only have to ask and their help is willingly given. The breakfast buffet is splendid with a very good range of hot and cold food and drink and if the weather is fine you can eat it in the garden. The Hotel is well located by the Old Danube with its water sports and the Hotel boasts its own beach/landing stage for swimming or boating. However, it is only a few minutes walk from the U Bahn station with fast travel to the city centre. We found this gem many years ago and would not now think of staying anywhere else in Vienna as we regard it as a home away from home. Considering the standard of the accommodation and the first rate service, the hotel offers very good value for money (particularly if you have a car, as the Hotel has its own car park which is secured at night).
"Terrific Hotel in Viennap"
12/06/14 GaryHill Lincoln, Nebraska
A family owned and operated hotel with an unbroken history of wonderful hospitality. Constantly being updated, the rooms are very comfortable and the breakfast very good. I stay here frequently and have for over 20 years. The location is close enough to the U Bahn that getting anywhere in Vienna is not a problem. The airport bus stops with a block of the hotel. Located on the alta donau it is perfectly situated for runners and those who enjoy boating. It is also convenient for those working at the UN or VIC - a 15 minute walk.
"Excellent Hotel!"
11/07/14 Nikolay A Moscow, Russia
It is a very good hotel. I stayed in it many times during my duty travels to the IAEA. It is very convenient because it it is not so far from the Agency and it is possible to come there by walking. The very pleasnt and quiet atmosphere in the hotel. Very good services! Nikolay
"Great hotel!"
10/26/14 Jan M Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Wonderful experience with staff and room. Staff was very friendly and always willing to help. Gave me good tips for discovering Vienna. I liked the room I had - it was comfortable and quiet and had nice view to the river. Took me just few minutes to city centre with metro.
"Nice boutique hotel with great location to VIE"
06/24/14 Vivalarevolucion09 Georgia
Stayed at this hotel due to it's proximity to the Vienna International Center. It was also a short walk to the U1 train. The highlight was the breakfast and the super helpful staff. I agree with other reviewers that the price was a bit steep, but worth it if you need to be in the area.
"An ideal base for 3 nights in Vienna"
06/03/14 Michael W Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
We picked this hotel because it is on the Danube and has safe free car parking.We drove right through Vienna to find it without too much difficulty.All the staff are friendly and efficient, the room with a view over the Danube was luxurious, breakfast had everything you could wish for and the hotel is ideally located for the tube into Vienna and local restaurants.